Chapter 7: The Other Side of Me

Heartbreaker Meets The Badass

 

 

 

Nottaeme jakkuman nae gaseumi~

 No oh no oh no oh oh
 I can't breathe
 No oh no oh no oh oh
 I can't breathe~~’

 

“Hello?” a slightly hoarse voice answered.

 

 “Hey, it’s me. Wassup Min?” I said worried.

 

“Oh, Faith. Why’d you call?”

 

“Just worried. You keep showing up every other day. Is it your routine?”

 

“Uh-yeah you could say that.” Min answered unsure.

 

“Hey , if this is about that thing-”

 

“No, it’s not. So don’t worry Faith-ah. I’ll catch up. I promise.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Then why do I have this feeling of being lied at?”

 

“N-no really Faith. It’s just that-”

 

“………”

 

“Ok you got me. I just can’t get over of what just happened. I think he’s really planning everything out right now.”

 

“Min, don’t let that affect you. Be strong just the way I saw you. Believe me, I won’t let you be part of this .” I convinced.

 

“I don’t want you, being my friend, to have this fight all alone and me here not even a helping hand. I hate troubles. Just don’t let yourself be into it Faith.”

 

“Who said I would allow that? Cmon! Don’t waste your time not attending classes. Prove them they’re wrong! Even though they see you as a delinquent one, they would never say that word again as long as I’m still alive. Got that?”

 

“Faith-ah……why are you so….nice..to..me?” Min struggled not let her sobs cut her words out.

 

“Aish stop that drama thing Min. What friends are for? So, you’ll come to school in regular basis now? Will yah huh?” I beamed. Still waiting for a positive feedback from her.

 

“If you say so. Then I will.”

 

 

I could simply figure out her smile from the other side of the line while I, myself, grin at the thought. She’s really fragile herself. That makes her so special. Because according to her, she had the most perfect family although they’re just a commoner.

 

 

“Great! Thanks Min-ah”

 

“No, I should be the one who’s thanking you now. Sorry for letting you worry.”

 

“Naah! Forget it. Let’s start again neh?”

 

“Neh! Kamsahamnida~~~!!”

 

 

I chuckled. I’m thankful I’ve met Min in this unexpected school. But she didn’t yet know the other side of me. Guess I’ll tell her when—

 

 

“Oh, Tomorrrow’s Saturday right Faith?”

 

“Uhmm yeah, what about it?”

 

“Let’s hang out! I wanna make it up to you. Please!”

 

 

I’m still thinking about whether this will be the perfect time to tell her.

 

 

“Sure but in one condition.”

 

“Huh? What’s that?”

 

“I’ll choose the place.”

 

“Alright alright but next time it’s my turn huh?”

 

“Yeah right. Be ready tomorrow night. I’ll text you the address. You sure know how to roam around Seoul right?”

 

“Of course, are you having a doubt?”

 

“No? Maybe? Coz I’m afraid you might be lost?”

 

“Ha-ha Faith. Don’t test me.”

 

If we’re not having our conversation at the phone then maybe she’s doing some weird faces right now.

 

“Whatever. You should be on time Ok?”

 

“Yes Mam! I will! By the way where are you?”

 

“Dismissal time, packing things. Going Home.”

 

“Oh, take care Faith-ah. Tomorrow night! See you soon.”

 

“Thanks, See you soon too.”

 

 

With that, she hanged up. I simply put my phone back in my uniform pocket and headed out the room. I came out of the gate, crossed some pedestrian lane and skipped some stores. But I always wonder why that infamous Heartbreaker didn’t do anything yet.

 

 

Yes, I’m anticipating for his revenge. I know that he wouldn’t stop just there. So practically, I’m always preparing myself for what I may encounter whenever I’ll step in front of his school’s gate. Yeah, he claims that school of his.

 

 

And the acting guards which is s. I couldn’t imagine what would they be like in 5 years? Huh? Who cares anyway? I have my earphones stuck in my ears. I listen repeatedly to the rap lyrics. I keep on analyzing the beat and at the same time, memorizing it on the spot.

 

 

I always walked from home to school and vice versa. But this time I took another route. I went down some familiar alley and came across the proverbial building. It looks so ordinary since it is afternoon therefore, sunlight rays can be seen and it spotted the whole street.

 

 

Nothing so special. I went inside the building and look around until someone covered my eyes.

 

 

“It’s still afternoon yet you’re here already. Excited much?” a deep handsomely voice spoke.

 

“Just reserving some special spot for my friend.” I answered and smiled.

 

“Friend? You’ve got a new friend now? Whoa that fast?” He said while letting go and turned me to him so we could face each other.

 

“Why? Is it impossible? You’re always saying that. I’m not that bad you know.”

 

He chuckled and poked my forehead. Hard enough for me to stumble backwards, a little though.

 

“Hehe, our lil’ Chaerin has a friend here in Seoul already. I don’t even know if that’s a good nor a bad news.”

 

“Yah! Teddy hyung! Stop doing that. I’m a grown up lady already! And I can manage to get a new friend THAT fast because I’m irresistible.” I said while massaging my poor forehead and stuck my tongue to him.

 

“Oh really? If you’re a grown up lady then stop calling me ‘hyung’ instead, call me ‘oppa’ and I won’t tease you.” Teddy said. Obviously lying about the tease.

 

“No-uh hyung. You want to get rid of your childhood friend that easy? Fine, don’t talk to me.” I pouted, crossing my arms in front and turn my back to him.

 

“Still had this child-like manner. Do you even call that a grown up lady? Tsk. Who are you fooling?” He said amused.

 

“At least I don’t change, I’m still not breaking any vows here.” I retorted back.

 

“Who’s said about changing? I’m still your Teddy hyung but we can’t just keep doing this.”

 

“What ‘this’?”

 

“C’mon Chaerin-ah, we’re growing up. What would others say if they’ll hear you calling me ‘hyung’?”

 

“Is that a big deal? So let them think whatsoever coz I don’t give a damn. You’re my forever childhood bestfriend and that will never change!”

 

 

I heard him sigh and went in front of me. Looking intensely to my eyes and he spoke again.

 

 

“Ok ok, No big deal. Don’t be upset, I’m just teasing. Hahaha! What can I do for my forever dongsaengie?”

 

“If that’s your way of saying ‘I miss you’ then reserve me a special spot for my friend tomorrow night.”

 

“Fine. Are you sure you trust her?”

 

“Yes. No doubt. I want her to know the other side of me because she deserves it.”

 

“Trust her that much huh. Good, you’re really are improving Chaerin-ah.” He patted my head.

 

“Yah, stop doing that. I’m not a puppy.”

 

“But you’re a cat. A Wild cat I must say.” He had this cocky smile.

 

“Whatever, you’re just jealous. Alright! I’m outta here! Annyeong Teddy hyung!”

 

“Annyeong! Take care on your way back!”

 

“Jaish, treating me like a kid. Whatever!” I mumbled and went out happily.

 

 

 

~Saturday Night~

 

 

 

“C’mon Chaerin-ah! You’ll be late!”

 

“Wait up Teddy hyung, I can’t find my shades!”

 

“What the, shades? At this hour? Seriously?”

 

“Hey I’m not judging your own style of having a hat inside that hoodie of yours. Honestly? You look like a mongoloid.”

 

“YAH Chaerin! Watch your mouth! Want me to let your friend find her spot at the end of the room?”

 

“Whatever. Aha! Found it found it! C’mon hyung!” I grabbed the shades and his hand as we went down the staircases of my house.

 

“Chaerin-unnie, Oh Teddy oppa. Going already?” Ha rin, my lovable sister, asked on our way out.

 

“Neh Harin-ah, Just do your homeworks and regards to Papa when he’ll return!” I said and kissed her cheeks while bidding goodbye.

 

“Watch your heels young lady.” A woman poked her head from the kitchen said.

 

“Oh, Umma! I gotta be going now. See you.” I said and blew her some flying kiss.

 

“Be careful Chaerin! Teddy, please look after her.” She said and smiled.

 

“Neh auntie. Don’t worry, she can handle herself more. Just like a man, trust me.” Teddy said and winked at Mom. I spanked his shoulder and glared at him. Mom, Harin and Teddy just laughed.

 

“C’mon hyung!”

 

 

Once we’re out of sight, I dashed through the front seat and wore my shades.

 

“Ready? Put your seatbelt on.” Teddy advised.

 

“Never been ready! Just like the old days, right hyung?” I beamed.

 

“Seatbelt young Miss!”

 

“Aish hyung, Just turn the engine on! Stop wasting our time!”

 

“Whatever you say, don’t blame me for your sudden dizziness.” He taunted and then he drove like there’s no tomorrow.

 

 

 

We arrived at the designated place and I immediately hopped out of the car. I felt the different aura bloomed inside me. This time, at this hour, CL was born. Faith Lee will remain unconscious as I let my feet dragged myself to the grand entrance of CL’s Life.

 

 

“ID please.” One of the guards checked me out.

 

“Out of my way now. Don’t you know who am I?” I said sternly. I’m so irritated already. I’m late and all yet this is what I should get?

 

He cocked his eyebrow and look at me strangely, “Should I know?”

 

“The Hell? Are you new? Coz you can get your resignation letter at the office of Teddy hyu—sii at this moment!” I let out an outburst of frustration.

 

“Easy there Chaerin-ah, she’s with me and she’s the one and only ‘CL’ of this club. Mind saving your job?” Teddy interrupted and sneer at the guard. The guard slowly bowed and apologizes quickly as possible. After that, he let us pass through.

 

“I can’t believe you hired some idiot guard for this astonishing club of yours Teddy hyung.” I mumbled but luckily, Teddy heard it.

 

“My bad, I didn’t inform him yet. He’s just doing his job. Don’t make it hard for him.”

 

“Whatever.”

 

 

I look around and smiled when I spotted Min at her reserved spot. She can’t see me like this yet, I have to make her see the whole situation first. So she would understand what I am up to.

 

We made our way to the near, recognizable stage and I’m about to step up but the MC spotted me first. Nice luck.

 

 

“Oh! Let me make this clear! Lend me again your ears people! So, the usual, undeniable, fierce, unique, marvelous, brilliant and badass ‘Queen of Rap’ is here AGAIN tonight! Welcome Back! C~~~~~~~~~~~L~~~~~~~~~~~~~!” Shouted the MC.

 

 

Everyone screamed as well, I’m used to it. Barely not amused but I love the feeling of being praised at. At least in a good way. The people inside the club clapped and made some wild noises. Praising every step I made to the stage.

 

 

As I went up the stage I simply grab the mic and bowed to my people. Yes, I’m the only “Queen of Rap” here in Teddy hyung’s club. I always do this everynight when I’m away from school and home. This is my hobby. This is my interest and no one can steal that away from me.

 

 

“Wait up CL! Since you came late, This boy here is your challenger. He said he didn’t believe in you that’s why he’s willing to challenge you.”

 

 

The people shouted and cheered again. I looked at the boy and smirk. Think he’s so confident huh. Let’s see where this battle will take us. I held my mic up and began my freestyle intro just for everybody.

 

(I can feel it, feel it)
CL the baddest female keepin' it ill, keepin' it real
Keepin' the party people up in it, and keepin' it going until the breaker
One nine, I shake 'em, shake 'em, take 'em down the whole nine
Rakin' in the dough, yo yo, and it's no lie (indeed we're about the low ride)
Baby, let's cruise, baby, let's get it like we never got it go for the deuce
Nah, go for the triple, ma let's hit 'em like ricola
And watch 'em all get their backs off the wall, get it now, CL baby!

 

(Song: What – YG Family. If you noticed, the last part, I changed “YG Baby” to “CL Baby” for the story purposes.)

 

 

Everybody made noises again and I grinned. They praised me whole heartedly and I just waved at them. I instantly search for Min’s appearance and caught her. She smiled amusingly and clapped. Practically jumping up and down for happiness.

 

 

I waved at her and she scream. Oh god, I don’t want her to lose her voice yet. I smiled again and take all the praises I could possibly get. I love this aura in me. This is the other side which I kept because I don’t want fame outside this club. CL stays here, Faith Lee and Chaerin out.

 

 

CL, Faith and Chaerin are all Lee’s but with different perspectives in Life.

 

 

You, do you know your other side?

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

It's been days? or week? Since the last time I've updated~_~ Sorry Guys~! I'm on vacation! Sorry for not informing though. Useless me~_~ Yeah! I'll try my best! THANKS AGAIN FOR THE LOADS OF AMAZING COMMENTS~!

COMMENTS ARE LOVE <3 Welcome New Readers^_^

 

 

Answering Time~!!^_^ Haha!

 

eternal - Yeah he has:)) Me too, CL and Bigbang Fighting~!! :))

Chae-Ji - Thankyou~!!^_^ I thought I bored you guys:p

NaNa198892 - Whoa, I found it quite hilarious too:)) I want this side of GD Muahaha:P Childish:P

skytothedragon04 - Childish GD rocks^_^ \m/

hhartini - Definitely trolling from YG is the best~!^^,

mysweetsmile13 -  I Love twists~!! And I do love trolling so Evrybody, Let's Troll! Muahaha:P Thankyou^^,

luvone - Your comment was hilarious~!! Yeah the metal again:))) He should really have a shield for his Junior ayt?:P Muahaha, anyway thankyou very much~!!! You Lovely Unnie^^, Yeah, naughty Unnie, I got what you want to think:)) And Yes, CL's Ideal Man here is TOP in this trolling story:P

mischievousAdelaide - Welcome and I REALLY ENJOYED READING YOUR COMMENTS~!!! Unnie-ah:))))) THANKS FOR READING~!!! I FREAKING LOVE THE WAY YOU READ IT HAHA! Anyway, keep supporting! And I'm looking forward to your novel comments haha!

TOPxTY - Definitely right^^, GD loves to show the different side of him. His not a Bipolar though:)) No, I don't want him like that:))))) We all love him right?:P

frozen_star6 - Yes, I will^^,

restuannisa69 - Welcome and thankyou^^, Yes. I'll try^^,