Chapter 16: A Fervent Motive

Heartbreaker Meets The Badass

 

 

 

If only I could turn back time, all of my chapters wouldn’t be that crappy. I sincerely apologize to all of you who deserve a better story for Skydragon. I’ve reread all again and went nuts because it was way too crappy damnit. ㅠ_ㅠ Anyhow let’s proceed, shall we?

 

WARNING: Not Proofread or Unbeta-ed cause I’m a lazyass writer ever since.

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

I slowly closed the gap between us without thinking.

 

 

The moment I felt how her ragged breath hitched when our lips where just millimeters away, Chaerin used all her might to speak, “Dare to continue and see no daylight tomorrow.” Her threat successfully halted every unthinkable action I was about to risk. Blinking those droplets away, I was calmed now therefore any stupid deed was implanted on the deepest part of the back of my head.

 

We were stayed in that position for who knows how long, trying to see through the trickling raindrops on our faces and concentrating on each other’s expression. Neither of us knows what to do next, not until the rain slightly subsided and we can hear our own palpitating breaths now. Our rising and falling chests, I’d never fail to take a notice of that.

 

Chaerin frowned when almost everything around us became clear. Although night and few street lights, the rain cooled down fast enough just like how it came all of a sudden. A moment where I could think that it was possible that the rain was destined for me to stop Chaerin to where the hell she wanted to run bare footed.

 

Deepening the frown, Chaerin started to struggle yet I lowered my left arm to where I was holding her waist and she abruptly stiffened. A smirk played on my face. Now, I got you to where I wanted Chaerin. Why are you so stubborn? If she shows any sign of resistance again, we both know where this careless action of mine will take us. She huffed then turned her head to her left, showing only half of her flustered face. My smirk couldn’t get any bigger.

 

“Let.me.go.” Chaerin hissed every word. A forever doing of her when she’s mad at me, right?

 

I stared at her shamelessly, intent stare, picturing every favorable parts of her gifted beauty. I looked almost like a stalker or psycho but I don’t care. This girl is mine. Sensing the stillness, Chaerin slowly dug her fingernails to where she could reach my gripping right hand and I have to distract myself from the minor pain of what she was trying to do. I let out a chuckle, “Do you think that hurts?” I shook my head and what came after shocked Chaerin again.

 

“Get in the car now.” I exhaled the whisper breathlessly, lips purposely touching the outer shell of her right ear and because she called me a bastard, I stayed like that for seconds. Chaerin shut her eyes tightly and began moving her head so I have to pull my face away from her ear for sanity intention, just for her. She glared and ready to use her lower ground but I was just in time to fully pull myself back in a respectable distance.

 

“What the hell was that?” Chaerin breathed out, clear sentiment of disgust in her tone. I shrugged nonchalantly as if I’d done nothing close to ual harassment. Well, that what’s rumbling on my mind. Not that it matters, right? I stared at her again, letting it intensify by the minute until Chaerin was back on her self-prudence. Once a careless act should never be repeated, was what my orbs were dying to travel to hers.

 

Born not to be dumb, Chaerin lowered her boiling glare, clenching fists at her side and a scrutinizing look when she lifted her gaze to me, “Fine, just this once. Have it your own way.” Chaerin purposely bumped her shoulder to my chest, stomping her way to the vehicle. “Twice actually. You will be riding my baby Ferrari twice.” I blabbered out instantly while following from behind and I have to say that a genuine smile was forced to be plastered on my smitten handsome face.

 

A harsh slam of the door was Chaerin’s obviously irritated reply after grumpily sitting on the backseat. Great, backseat. Am I that filthy enough not to sit beside with? I mean on the front seat even? I rolled my eyes while adjusting the front mirror to get a perfect angle of my passenger. Chaerin crossed her arms and muttered incoherent curses, definitely directed to this mighty leader. I can sense it, hell no doubt.

 

About a few minutes passed of pestering Chaerin on where was her true residence minus the one where we almost got this cliché car crash because of her constant hitting on my arms whenever I taunt her to just live with my mansion and be my only queen, a firm “Stop, drop me here. Few baby steps away, I’m out of this hell.” from Chaerin and that was it. I observed the village pattern houses and memorized the street by heart—for future chase—before watching her leave the seat.

 

My curiosity kicked in and found myself leaning comfortably on my car despite the cold weather. But of course, watching Chaerin’s retreating back with my extra jacket draped on her shoulders and supposedly she should give me a good night kiss and a shy thank you’s but no. This is Lee Chaerin we were talking about. A feisty lady who could only wake my hunger of pursuing to get her no matter what. So yeah, nothing’s normal when it comes to her.

 

True to be said more like it to be done, a slap of that said jacket collided into my unguarded dreamy face and gripped on it before shoving it away, I saw Chaerin giving me a look before she lifted her right hand and gave me the sweetest thing ever. What was that? A middle finger.

 

I clicked my tongue, “Good night too, my Queen. See you tomorrow and have a warm bath before you sleep. Playing under the rain with me is fun, I know, but please take care of your health first. Or would you like me to join you in bath instead?” Mischievous glint in my eyes when I said those, I don’t know why but it rolled out like it was scripted right there.

 

Chaerin was startled by the mocking proposal due to her widen eyes and I am proud to say that if she wasn’t far away from me now, I could’ve just embrace her into a bone crushing hug. She knew I was just kidding, right? A loud guffaw escaped my lips, making me only see her redden face through the slits of my crescent moon-like eyes.

 

“ off!” Chaerin shouted. She was about to run and according to my estimation, her house was the one third to my left, I mentally take a note of that. But before Chaerin could even move, I was back into my senses and half-shout, “Your shoes, wait a second.” I rummaged my Ferrari and found it, neatly inside the box. Once my attention was back to her, I put the box on the ground and watched her apprehensive fidgeting like pondering whether if she should come near or just leave it there.

 

To end her torment this night, I kicked the box just enough to reach her bare feet. Chaerin bent down and hastily grabbed it. Without looking back, she ran away and entered the one I’ve estimated earlier with no doubt. I chuckled in amusement, that girl. Picking up my abandoned jacket on the ground, I went into the backseat to place it there but before the material could touch the seat, I saw something engraved on where Chaerin occupied awhile ago.

 

I leaned closer until the words made sense to my eyes. She used pencil for carving that out.

 

It stated…

 

 

‘Revenge is sweet when you’re asleep’

 

 

 

CL’s POV

“We need to move out.” I informed my sister, Harin, while using the towel to dry my wet hair after my long bath. She gave me a confused look barely listening since she was too preoccupied in reading that damn novel our father published last week. Harin just shook her head and didn’t even give a reaction to my whining.

 

“Hey, I’m serious here! We need to move out. I’ll tell Mom and Dad after I put on my pajamas.” Stripping my bathrobe, as quickly as I could, I changed into my pajamas and tossed the mini towel that was hanged on my neck to my bedside table and almost trip on the edge of the bed when Harin grabbed my arms abruptly, making my face completely flattened on the mattress.

 

“You crazy now? What’s with the move out? Did ye have some fight with gangsters or something? And please, Mom and Dad are peacefully entering their dreamlands right now. Be guilty to ruin that.” Harin rapped out on my left ear. Now, she can follow my steps when she grows up. I can see some potential on her and well, what do you know, we’re sisters after all.

 

I hardly looked up to her, “You don’t understand, Harin. Some psycho might burn this house because he knows I live here. So better pack your things up, I’m so gonna tell this tomorrow to our parents.” I insisted.

 

“What’s this all about anyway? You’ve got your tail bitten by a stalker, haven’t you?”

 

“More like a Satan lurking on Earth.” I gritted my teeth.

 

Harin pushed me which landed not so softly on the carpeted floor but I just can’t let my mind off somewhere other than that Kwon ing Jiyong. Those touches he made, those concerns he would show and those words that can tempt any es around. What’s with him? I hate his guts! Why was he still so persistent? Can’t he just give up on me? Like just let me live with peace! And the way he would call me by my real name. God, take him away please.

 

Now that he knew my home, I should be wary and add extra what? Security? That would be too obvious to Mom and Dad. And I know that involving my family will be worst. Ok, I have to think a better way to solve this on my own. Why am I being paranoid from the first place?

 

“Now what? Still Alive?” I heard the sarcasm in Harin’s voice and I could totally picture out that rolled eyes at the back of her head. Slowly sitting up, I observed Harin and then, “Why are you here in my room, again?”

 

Harin shrugged, “Just chillin’ out with the world’s craziest person living in this universe.”

 

A book was thrown near the trash bin and a muted swears were heard that night.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Morning with sunshine and rainbows and bliss was never my morning to begin with, ever since the day I’d laid my feet on YG High. For most part, that’s just because of that certain airhead creature but then I can choose not to be affected by him. I can live like any other normal highschooler out there. I can enjoy school although not to mingle with the students and just be contented to have Min by my side, which surely could be counted as normal. Even if the whole students were against you, I shouldn’t give a damn.

 

To say that I’m not being bullied is an understatement. Why? Because said stupid students were still labeling me as their enemy, forever pitiful followers of BigBang or GD to be more specific. Yeah right, they don’t have life at all. I don’t give in to their pathetic strategies of minor bullying me but I won’t hide the fact that it still hurts me no matter what.

 

Judging you for something you weren’t, vandalizing my table with the written ‘ got nerves’, ‘First one to reject our Mighty Gdragon yet a ’, ‘Loner can’t do anything better’, ’Why you ungrateful human being deserves to be rotten’ and such lewd things their minds could come off. A scoff was all I emitted to reply them. What good does wasting my saliva do anyway? Better yet ignore their tantalizing glares as I proceed to just dust my shoulders off and sit.

 

It was a bad idea not to check my seat though, because I saw the giggles and secret evil smirks of Gyuri and Hara outside the open door of my class. Once my skirt made contact to the hard material, I felt it soaked on some kind of glue mixed with red water paint color and redesigned my uniform of the day. How unfortunate.

 

Reflexively, I stood up and watched in horror. No Chaerin, calm yourself. Don’t let this affect you. They’re just bunch of ing idiots. The class hysterically laughed at my miserable sight, pointing at me like they’ve seen a fish walking on land or a swimming seagull. I’m beginning to get mad, however, Min was just in time to arrive and not-slow enough to put the puzzles into pieces.

 

Min wiped the paint off of my skirt or at least lessens the ink using her drenched handkerchief. Where did she get some water? I don’t know. I was busy having a glaring contest to those two accidentally born women. So much pissed, I spanked Min’s hands away and went to the laughing boy in my front before shoving him out of his chair. He was about to protest but I was fast to knock his head by my elbow.

 

“Say a word and you will see the infirmary on your nose.” The boy quavered and didn’t do anything. Good enough, I grabbed his chair in a replacement of mine, sitting myself comfortably on it like nothing happen. “Get back to your seat, Min.” Hearing this, Min quickly sat and glanced at me worriedly. On the corner of my eyes, I saw the two es castrated their way back into their respected room.

 

The professor made his presence at last and began his lectures. The boy from the earlier got another chair, from where? I don’t give a , my time is too precious just for that. And the classes went smooth after that, well, hopefully, but turning of events were just as fast as it should occur.

 

Lunch break approached, I banged my head against my table. How long will this day end? I can’t wait for a peaceful mind back home. I just wanna be that normal kid, why can’t they let me? Why?! A poked on my right shoulder, I glanced up.

 

“Stop procrastinating there, Faith. Let’s eat. Come on.” Min cheerful said and I just smiled at her. How lucky I am to have a loyal friend at least. Shaking my head, I motioned her to just go without me, “I’m not yet hungry, Min. You can just go ahead.”

 

“Why? Oi you should eat. Come on, cafeteria.”

 

“Naaah, lost my bon appetite.”

 

“But I’m hungry.”

 

“That’s why you go there and eat. Don’t bother yourself about me, really.”

 

Min paused for a second before bringing her face to lighten up with some idea, “Alright, I will just buy and eat here! Then, wait for me, neh? Adios!” She literally jogged out of the class, leaving me on my sleepy state and chose to hit my cheek on the surface of my table, still covered with those vandalized words.

 

I heard some of my grateful classmates discussing about a party I’m not interested to and some were just noisy for the sake of being loud. Others were eating and throwing some dribs of chips to my direction, es do check their nail polishes and salon conversations while I’m practicing myself to be accustom by this daily blast of typical students. I sighed out inevitably.

 

Just as I was about to rest and tolerate the noisiness aside, a faint word of ‘Masquerade’ that slipped from the mouth of one of the student was all that entered my ears before a deafening clunk of the door invaded my sanity. This is getting on my nerves, I have my limit.

 

And so I jolted myself in a straight sitting position but the mission to shout at whoever made a promising noise was halted on my constricted throat. Because in some cases, a devil comes in pair, right? Yet in reality, one striding devil was enough for me to feel the creep down my spine. Added to that, the next few words that flew out of this guy was so sudden I thought I was in an illusion or something.

 

“Be my partner, Lee Chaerin.”

 

Frowning deeply, I uttered the dumbest word I could think of, “Huh?”

 

GD threw a fist onto my table, making me flinch from the impact as well as the curious gazes of our audiences. He leaned in, perfectly mirroring the height of my eyes to his. A smirk dangling on his lips, he repeated, “Be my partner in the upcoming Masquerade, Lee Chaerin.”

 

I felt myself swallowing the lump in my throat.

 

What was GD’s fervent motive?

 

 

I have no idea.

 


 

 

This is so rush I’ve made a BUNCH of mistakes. Anyway! Short chapter, I know. Apologies to you my dear readers. OTL I too, I know. Tsk. Well well, what do we have here? CL’s BADDEST FEMALE WILL BE REALESE IN A FEW HOURS!!! YAY! WHO’ READY FOR HER? OF COURSE ALL OF US! EVEN KWON JIYONG INSTAGRAM IT! KEKEKEKEKE! MY SKYDRAGON FEELS! HELP ME! XD

So hope you enjoy this chapter. ENDLESS THANKS TO YOU MY LOYAL READERS! LET’S ALL BOW DOWN TO OUR ONE AND ONLY QUEEN CL! Hold hands everybody, let’s be patient. XD

SMILE PEOPLE OF THE UNIVERSE! ^_^ <3