Chapter 15: Cinderella

Heartbreaker Meets The Badass

 

 

It’s been a long time coming! But Skydragon’s here now. Thank you for the people that still and will hold onto this fic. I love you!

 

WARNING: Not Proofread or Unbeta-ed cause I’m a lazyass writer ever since.

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

The howling wind increases its intensity to blow away falling leaves as well as black clothes that garbed the people which were presented during the death ceremony. They gave speeches, condolences, prayers and things like roses with baby’s breath flowers around it and other kinds to the said passed away person. A kind hearted person who doesn’t deserve to die, who could reach his goals just like any other talented and blessed human being living in this world of wonders.

 

It didn’t take long before most of the visitors left, leaving only 5 special attendees in white garments at the cemetery where the ceremony was held a few hours ago. One lady, between four gentlemen, adorned in knee-length fashionable dress while the said gentlemen wore suits in white that if it wasn’t a death ceremony, they could’ve been mistaken as grooms.

 

The lady squatted, last rose on her shaking hands, before placing it on the side of the engraved name of the tombstone. Her tears fell down on each eye but quickly wiped it away using the back of her palms. On her right, the man placed his hand on her shoulder. Reassuring her in a silent treatment and urged her that it was time to move on.

 

“Rest well. We won’t forget about you.” The lady said through shed tears. She stood up and slowly walked away, escorted by the four gentlemen. The leader thought that even though they’ve lost their fifth member, no one and nothing can erase the memories they have had with him. One last look on the gravestone, they casted their gazes away with sad smiles.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“That…is one almost TRUE story! I think I need some tissue. No, I mean TISSUES!” I held the threatening tears that was about to fall. It was almost like the situation in this reality I’m living in. But luckily, no one died in here and no one wants that to be real. Sprawling on the bigass couch alone, I put away the box of popcorn on the side.

 

“You’re still here?” A voice startled me. I set my feet on the ground and arranged my skirt. Instinctively wiped my eyes, in case of some visible tears. Just being rational here, although no tears really fell from the first place. I looked at him and gave a slight nod to my bare feet.

 

“See this? No shoes. Your one of a kind leader doesn’t have any intention on letting me off.” I don’t want to sound rude but that came out almost on reflex. Apparently, I can’t take those words back. TOP stared at me before it trailed to my feet. Consciously, I hid my feet away from his eyes. It gave me insecurities, I don’t know why.

 

It was good to know that he sensed my discomfort under his piercing gaze because he shifted it to the still playing scene on the flat screen television. I quickly reached for the remote and turned it off. As truthful as it can be, I am kind of embarrassed watching that drama while waiting for the bastard owner of this mansion to release my shoes so I could take my leave peacefully.

 

“Are you just watchi—”

 

“Is Daesung-ssi alright?” I interrupted TOP’s supposedly obvious question by asking too, which he replied by chuckling at my sudden behavior. TOP? Chuckling? Wow, this charming rapper did just what? I shook those thoughts away as I concentrated to remain decent in front of him. He crossed his arms, amused.

 

“Why don’t you visit him?”

 

“I…he isn’t alone so…”

 

“You’re his savior afterall. Nevermind GD there.”

 

I thought about it an hour ago after the occurrence had happen wherein GD was the one who held me back there and the medical people did their best to restore Daesung’s normal breathing. Yet I’m still confused on Daesung’s last message to me.  Am I really his savior? All I believe was that I was just there coincidently, wasn’t I?

 

Right now, knowing that Daesung’s still alive calmed the dullness of my life. I heaved a sigh then stood up. Better confront GD myself about my hidden shoes and might as well pay an honest visit to Daesung. I dejectedly complied when TOP assisted me with where Daesung was resting now. They’ve transferred him after he went unconscious again and after GD was left carrying me here in his massive living room.

 

We’ve reached the elevator and rode it afterwards. TOP surely memorized every corners and ways to reach the said destination. Even if I’ll live here for years, I don’t know if I get to understand the design of this palace. It’s really annoying, too many tricks and stuff. GD really preferred complicated things than simple. Just like his attitude. That brat.

 

“Here we are.” TOP announced, making me gripped the borders of my skirt. He looked at me before opening the door. I already imagined what I am going to see; white covers, lying body with oxygen mask, heart monitor, dextrose and a dead silence roaming around the room. And I was correct, wasn’t I?

 

Wrong, I was actually greeted by a weightless aura and a cheerful scene. Although I am right about the dextrose that was attached to Daseung’s hand and white covers, the supposedly lying body wasn’t even sleeping as well as the heart monitor and oxygen mask that were nowhere to be seen. Four people laughing and playfully hitting each other lightly.

 

I’d never been enlightened by seeing Daesung’s broad smiles and grins. And he was sitting without much difficulty and support. That was a good thing. Taeyang, on the edge of the bed, chuckling with that eye smile of his and Seungri making funny gestures to where I could’ve guessed that he was imitating someone, seemed funny to the others. On the other hand, GD was facing his back to the door so he obviously didn’t see our arrival.

 

“Make that face again! It suits you!” Daesung suggested to Seungri and clapped his hands like a retarded seal after Seungri granted his wish. GD slapped his thighs while laughing wholeheartedly. Never knew he could be childish despite his cool appearance in school. Tsk. He’s still human afterall.

 

“Having fun without me? What’s so amusing over there?” TOP monotonously asked which successfully gained the attention of the four. I kept quiet on his left side. I felt like interrupting their precious moments just by awkwardly standing there. Why am I here again?

 

“Oh, you just missed Seungri’s—” GD abruptly halted mid-sentence when his eyes laid on my figure. Honestly, I expected him to annoy the living sensation out of me and spat self-praise things into my face just like what he always used to do. Instead, he averted his eyes and turned his head to face Daesung before saying, “You brought company.”

 

Wait a second. What the hell’s with the attitude? What? Acting cool now like weren’t just foes from the past hours of running? Like we’re strangers and hadn’t troubled each other’s business? Wow, just wow. The nerve he’d got. I rolled my eyes and the awkwardness went out of the window just like that.

 

“Company? Excuse me Mister, but if you’d just given my shoes back then I am out of your sight by now. When will your pea brain digest that?” I pointed out, agitated by GD since day one.

 

“What? You just called me what?” GD now stood up with a frown, awareness fully directed to me.

 

“Don’t tell me you’re deaf now?” I provoked. Obviously another set of fire had started. Not a surprise though. He and I were too different. Just like life and death for exaggeration but for normality, too different like white and black. If you combine those, it will give you a gray answer which means dull color. And a dull color gives dull meaning.

 

“GD hyung.” Daesung coughed out causing for GD to turn to him with concern. I subconsciously took a few steps in order to see if he was alright. Luckily, he was. Taeyang patted Daesung’s back and smiled while Seungri and TOP neared his bed in a second too.

 

“Knock it off. You’ve been healed just a few moments ago. Don’t you dare exert too much effort.” GD said while trying to let Daesung lay down but the said patient refused to. He shook his head and slightly moved his injured leg for a better position. TOP gladly helped him.

 

“Hyung, I’m fine. Just don’t forget about our small talk awhile ago, Ok?” Daesung whispered the last part to GD and I saw how GD gloomily nodded. That left us curious. Visible in Taeyang, TOP and Seungri’s faces too. So GD was obviously earlier than the rest to visit Daesung. Small talk? About what?

 

“Hey hey! What’s that all about? Why only GD hyung? I thought we develop our relationship already, Daesung hyung.” Seungri pouted then folded his arms, acting mad. Taeyang could only eye those two and I want to know about it either.

 

“What relationship you’re talking about? I’m into girls, Maknae.”

 

“Aish, not that! I thought we’ve thrown away our awkwardness yeah? So why not share?”

 

GD ruffled Seungri’s hair and smiled, “That’s because, it’s only between us. Quit being nosy, you’d hear enough.”

 

“But hyung!”

 

Seeing how GD would act around s like this—minus the façade he shows in school—made me think that maybe, this was the real Gdragon after all. But I won’t admit that in front of him. Never. Or maybe he was just being that kind and concern type of a leader because Daesung’s still mending? I don’t know what to think.

 

“Can you guys leave us a moment?” Daesung requested. I was lost in my thoughts that I didn’t catch what was happening. It was not until TOP nodded, Seungri eyed me from head to toe, Taeyang’s small smile and GD’s disregarded attention with the addition of passing me without even looking that I understood Daesung’s sudden request.

“Don’t…talk too much, Daesungie.”

 

“Arasseo GD hyung, get out already.”

 

The sound of the clicking door signified that Daesung and I were all alone in this room. What will he want to talk about? I have no idea. Shifting my weight on each foot from time to time, don’t know what to say or gesture about the whole picture. I can only see him clasping both of his palms while flashing me his smile.

 

“So uhmm…you okay?” I tried asking.

 

“Yeah, thanks to you.” Daesung’s instant reply sounded so truthful that got me even more confused.

 

“To me? Look, I remember doing nothing that resulted to your good health right now.”

 

“I remember nothing too.”

 

That almost got me wracking my brain out. Where was this conversation going? Did GD infect his mind or something? I can’t tell. I looked at him seriously and he just laughed in return, making me blinked at him weirdly.

 

“It was your voice that woke my nerves up. The way you mentioned about my group members. All I see that time is a white bird flying over me and I don’t know but something tells me to catch it. And so I did. And so I wake up hearing your voice. I think the bird is you. I know it sounded strange but that’s the truth. Thank you really. The members did the same too; speaking to me while I just lay there lifeless. I can hear them but I can’t get to open my eyes.”

 

Hearing this from Daesung himself was actually overwhelming. Me? Being his savior? Rather, my voice did it all. I can’t help but smile too. I saved a person’s life. And that’s something that can only occur once in a blue moon. I tucked one of my hair’s strands behind my ear and heaved a sigh of relief.

 

“That’s…great to hear. Guess I was just in the wrong place and time.” I confessed.

 

“But that wrong place and time did its magic, didn’t it?”

 

“Guess so.”

 

“Oh about the small talk, I know that got your ears right?” Daesung chuckled then continued, “Don’t worry, GD hyung won’t bother you anymore. I told him to stop bugging you as a gratitude for saving me at the ‘wrong’ place and time.” A wink to the last part.

 

I blinked again, absorbing the words he just said. As a gratitude? Does that mean GD will really stop now? That explained how he left without having any second thought. Finally! A world of peace embraced me. I felt the side of my mouth pulled up and formed a grin for the first time in that mansion. Daseung saw it too and nodded for confirmation.

 

“Really?! Thank you so much!”

 

“Nope, I thank you.”

 

It ended like that. Exchange of wordings full of ‘thanks’ before I found myself on a different living room with Taeyang on a respectable distance. TOP said he needed time to be with Daesung along with Seungri. They just missed the hell out of the guy so give them this moment. GD said that he will be returning my shoes then disappeared which only gave explanation to why I’m stuck with Taeyang.

 

I purposely let my feet explored the furry carpet, busying myself while waiting and to some point, even walking in circles. I can’t wait to go home. And there’s still school tomorrow for earthling’s sake. It felt like I’ve been trapped for years only to realized that it was just a few hours ago where I bumped my head to GD’s car and the next thing I knew, I saved someone’s life out of the blue.

 

“You’re a one great heroine.” Taeyang said. I have to stop for a moment to make sure that he was the one who spoke within those seconds.

 

“Ah, not really.”

 

“Jiyong thought so too. I know he’s having a hard time ignoring you.”

 

Who the hell is Jiyong? Oh, I almost forgot. GD’s real name huh. Like I care. It was obviously Taeyang who would always call that brat his real name. That was why I’m not used to it. I cleared my throat, “Him? Yeah right. He can’t live a single day without pestering around, can he?”

 

“I object that.” Speaking of the devil, he just came out of the picture.

 

GD sauntered towards the center with empty hands. My hard glare pierced him because my shoes were nowhere in sight. What a joke. I almost believe that he was a man true to his words. But what was this?

 

“I see that you brought my shoes.” I sarcastically said. Not minding to hide the viciousness visible in my voice.

 

“First of, you didn’t eat dinner with me so the agreement that was settled earlier before you saved Daesung has something to do with it.” GD proudly replied and jerked his head up for an extra effect.

 

“Are you even a man? What about your small talk with Daesung-ssi? He said not to bug me!”

 

“Yes, he did say not to bug you. And I am clearly not bugging you. All I ask is to eat dinner with me and you’ll have your shoes back yet you didn’t listen. It’s an off-deal.”

 

“Like I’ll agree! Fine! Eat those and have a pleasant evening! I’m going home with or without shoes on! Let me have a peace of mind for once!” I grumpily walked away. Who cares if it took me eternity of searching for the exit? Who cares if I walk down the pavement bare footed? I just need to get back home. He was still this childish annoying brat.

 

I hastily ran to every foyer I would see.

 

 

 

 

 

 

GD’s POV

 

 

“Faith!” Youngbae called out before facing me, “What’s that, Jiyong? You’re really letting her off like that? It’s in the middle of the night. Will you just give her back the shoes?”

 

I didn’t move. Staring on the spot where Chaerin left, I can’t help but ask myself if what I’d said was hard to agree with? I mean come on, just asking her to have dinner with me. Was it that troublesome? Nobody rejected me! Remind me to tell her that. And who in the world will have the right mind to not eat with the leader of BigBang? I bet some other girls would die just to sit across me while eating.

 

“If you don’t plan on giving it back then at least have some heart to know if she’ll return home safe. Not doing either? Then I’m going.” Youngbae was about to take a step further when I composed myself and as if on impulse, I ran passed the flabbergasted Youngbae.

 

“Be back later! Tell ‘em not to worry!” I shouted back and zoomed out of the room, leaving Youngbae with an amused smile.

 

 

 

A few turns later, some of the maids came in view and I startled her by my sudden almost collision. She yelped in surprise, “Ah! Young Master, why are you—”

 

“Where’s she?”

 

“She? Oh, is it Young Madam? She’s already out of the mansion awhile ago.”

 

“What? How come? Did she ask for directions?”

 

“I believe she hadn’t. It is the woman’s instinct that got her out.”

 

“Woman’s what?”

 

She bowed to me, wearing a glint of amusement in her eyes and a teasing smile, before excusing herself to leave. Why were the people of this residence like this? What was so amusing by the way? Worrying about it at this time won’t leap me from nowhere. Therefore, I sprinted to find the exit.

 

Outside, a chilly wind welcomed me and an eerie silence as well. Chaerin’s really something, deciding to go against the unfriendly weather. I went to the garage. Fortunately, I had my keys with me and an extra jacket inside my red Ferrari. When I sat on the driver’s seat, it only took a quick ignition for the engine to come into life and then I was away not less than a second.

 

Daesung, I’m sorry. I can’t promise you to control my actions towards her. But I did try my best, didn’t I? And to you Chaerin, when will you be willing to be my Cinderella? I’ve got all the way you could even asked for. You were truly one challenging lady.

 

Still on my train of thoughts, my car almost passed the figure that was currently walking down on the empty streets. I wouldn’t recognize the silhouetted body when I ain’t looking for someone due to the lack of lights, same goes to the blocking trees. Stepping on the paddle hard, the machine reached her just in time. I didn’t miss her scandalized expression seeing some car parked out of nowhere in front of her.

 

“The hell?! Excuse me! Hey! What’s your problem? I almost got hit here!” Chaerin exploded after realizing what had happen. So she didn’t recognize my car? Oh right, how can she? She wasn’t even conscious when I lend her a ride that time. Chaerin tapped my tinted windows with an angry force and a frown ceased between her eyebrows.

 

“I demand a clear explana—”

 

“Sorry. Didn’t mean to scare you like that.” I said after opening my car’s door and presenting myself elegantly. The mortified look on her face could only mean one thing; she didn’t expect to see me.

 

“You? God, give me oxygen. What did I do in my previous lives that I deserve this? Reincarnation please, I need it now.” Chaerin’s whine made me chuckled. Was she regretting? I don’t believe her.

 

“Stop being a drama queen and get in.”

 

“I prefer being buried in the deepest part of earth than riding there.”

 

“It’s not even an offer, Chaerin. It’s an order.”

 

“Don’t call me that! I already told you, right? It’s Faith for you!”

 

I exhaled loudly. Here we go again. Can’t she see I like her real name more? This girl. I walked to where Chaerin was currently standing, “You can’t do anything about that. I like to roll those letters out of my tongue so…Chaerin, get in.”

 

“You bighead bastard! Just leave me alone!” Chaerin started to run, trailed by me from behind. She didn’t get too far when I felt some raindrops spitting from above us. This was no near good. We’ll be drenched if we couldn’t reach the car in a minute.

 

“Chaerin! It’s raining! Get in!”

 

“Mind your own business!”

 

 

As stubborn as she could be, I can also be like that so I lost my temper and sprinted as fast as can; doubled her pace and grabbed her. Chaerin was spun around easily and because it was my temper that controlled the out of me that time, I pinned her to the nearby tree. Everything around us was long forgotten; the harsh rain, chilly wind and all the existing living things out there.

 

Both hands raised above her head, my right hand gripped it tightly while the left found its way to her waist. I felt her shuddered when I encircled it around automatically. The rain gave it an extra impact by letting our clothes hugged our cold yet, on the contrary, hot bodies. Thankfully, her uniform has a blazer to be more covered.

 

Wha—”

 

“When I said get in. I ing mean it.” I hissed through gritted teeth. Chaerin looked up, barely seeing me because of the rain that was trickling down on our faces. Looks good on her though.

It doesn't matter. 

We were soaking wet now.

 

I slowly closed the gap between us without thinking.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

Yikes! I want to REWRITE all my terrible chapters right now. Who the hell wrote that? O.O So shameless of me! OTL. XD Kekekeke! No, seriously if I’m not THAT lazy, I will definitely find time to rewrite those! Geezaas, it is sooo embarasssssing! Kill me now >_<

Aside from that, HOLLA MY 141 LOYAL READERS! LEMME LOVE YOU FOR STAYING INTO THIS STORY OF MINE FOR 1 YEAR ALREADY! SPREAD LOVE BABY! And let me shower you with my forever apologies of the reason of being unreasonably lazy. Although I told you guys that I have many plans for this story which is indeed true, I am still inborn lazy person. Geez, somebody spank me.

BUT! I didn’t miss any chance of spazzing all throughout the year of SKYDRAGON feat. TAEYANG haha! XD They really really really like to TEASE US with those instagrams and other events! DAMN! Kwon Jiyong, please just announce to us that you guys are ing dating and will be marrying soon. Thank you very much! I’ll tweet you about it! XD

141 subs…I sob! TT_TT WHERE ZA HELL DID YOU GUYS CAME FROM? ALL OVER ASIA or different PLANET? How did you find or even see this almost long forgotten story? O.O I’ll say…WELCOME! ^_^

That’s that for now, Have a great day Everyone! ANNYEONG~! ^_^