Pain

There's Just Something About You...

 

A comfortable silence fell over the two of them afterwards; Se Hun’s arms still tightly around Lu Han. That kiss and those words, they had been exactly what Lu Han had needed to convince himself that Se Hun didn’t hate him, that the words the younger boy had said earlier weren’t true. Feeling his heart pounding in his chest, Lu Han closed his eyes and settled into Se Hun’s embrace, he felt so tired, and his whole body felt numb with pain.

 

Flashback

His adoptive parents approached him slowly, a familiar anger flaring in their eyes. It was quite obvious that something quite terrible had happened or was continuing to happen, most likely to do with their ever-increasing debt. They had realized, some time ago, that keeping Lu Han out of school and selling his valuable possessions was only a temporary solution. The amount they’ve been drinking had increased recently, and that also contributed to their current debt troubles.

“Look at him,” His ‘mother’ was saying now. “His face, he looks smug, like he’s enjoying what we’re going through.”

Lu Han didn’t say anything to that, he’d learned long ago that saying a word made things worse, even denying it. He tried to keep his face as blank and emotionless as possible.

“You think we deserve this, don’t you?” His ‘mother’ continued. “For what we did to you? Well? Answer me!”

She reached out and slapped him with enough force to knock him back a little. He still didn’t respond though, there was no point.

His ‘mother’ then made a loud and angry snarling noise before reaching out and encircling his neck with both hands, trying to choke him. She was strong, but not strong enough to kill him or do anything sort of lasting damage, didn’t mean it didn’t hurt though. Soon enough, she got annoyed by the lack of response from him and shoved him away. Lu Han dropped to the floor gasping for breath. Before he could completely recover though, a foot connected with his stomach and he was on the ground struggling to breathe once again.

And then he was cowering on the floor once again, like always, with his adoptive parents standing over him and kicking him, pleased with every blow that they got in, not caring where their feet made impact. Soon enough they got bored, because they always did, and stopped, but not before Lu Han’s ‘father’ pulled him up by his shirt collar and literally threw him outside.

“You’re worthless,” He said, with a strong emphasis on the word worthless. “You cost us everything. We regret even adopting you. Get out of here, we never want to see you again!”

Those words had stung a bit, since it was the second time he had heard them in the same day, but then he realized that it was a good thing; he never had to come back to this hellhole again.

Slowly and extremely painfully, Lu Han somehow made it on to his feet and started walking away from that place. The place of many wonderful memories, but the last two years worth of bad memories easily overshadowed all of them.

End Flashback

 

Lu Han had only been able to make it to the nearest park before he had collapsed on to the nearest bench. He was thinking about Se Hun, and about how he still felt guilty about the way he had acted… he had honestly thought he would never see him again. Now, however, Se Hun was here again, and Lu Han could honestly say he’d never felt safer or happier.

“Y-you saved… me… again…” He gasped out, it hurt to speak, but he wanted to tell Se Hun how he felt. “I… I don’t… e-even want to… thin-” Suddenly Lu Han began coughing extremely violently, leaving his sentence half-finished.

He pushed himself away from Se Hun's warm embrace, and then covered his mouth with his hand. This coughing fit seemed to last a long time with Se Hun looking worried and gently patting his back. When it finally stopped, Lu Han felt breathless, and his chest now hurt more than before. Removing his hand from his mouth, Lu Han saw that he had coughed up blood, and a lot of it. With all of his strength now gone, Lu Han fell back and into Se Hun’s arms. The younger male pulled Lu Han close once again.

“Hold on!” He heard Se Hun tell him, he could hear the panic and worry clearly. “I’ll take you to the hospital!”

Everything was getting fuzzy now, Lu Han wasn’t sure what was real and what wasn’t anymore.

“N-no… h-hospital…” Lu Han felt his throat burn as he forced the words out. And then his eyes drifted shut and unconsciousness claimed him.

 

End Chapter 6

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for taking longer than usual to post this... The chapter just didn't feel right... I had to rewrite it a couple times.

 Classes are almost over which means final assignments to hand in and exams to study for, so I most likely won't be posting as often this week, I'll still try for you wonderful people though! ^_^ 

Thank you again to all my wonderful subscribers! I can't believe I have almost 60 subscribers ; A ; It means so much to me!