Misunderstandings

There's Just Something About You...

 

 

Se Hun took a deep breath and just looked at Lu Han for a moment.

"Kris..." He began, looking away from Lu Han. "Kris wanted me to follow you... Keep track of you... Learn about you... It had been him at the door that day... I didn't have a problem with it because... Well, I had never expected to fall in love with you."

Lu Han had gotten off the bed and moved away from Se Hun, hurt in his eyes.

"All this time... I knew it was too good to be true that you would just help me." The older boy looked like he was about to cry. “So it really was all a lie…”

"No," Se Hun could feel tears prick at his own eyes. "No, Lu Han, none of it is a lie! I really do love you!"

The younger boy could feel his own heart breaking, he knew this would happen; no one would take that kind of news well.

"You… you used me!’ Se Hun was afraid that Lu Han would come to that conclusion, but sadly it was true. “I… how could you?" The older boy sank to his knees, there were tears sliding down his cheeks.

“Lu Han, please,” Se Hun slowly tried to move towards him, reaching out to him.

Lu Han shrank away from the younger boy’s hand, as if Se Hun was going to hurt him.

“Please, just leave me alone!” Lu Han cried out as he got up and moved further away from Se Hun’s reach. And then he ran out of the room like he wanted to be as far away from Se Hun has possible at that moment.

Se Hun just watched him leave, but his heart was pounding, he could barely breathe, and he felt completely numb; so this was what it felt like to be completely heartbroken.

He buried his face into a pillow and just screamed, feeling this overwhelming hate for himself; he couldn't even begin to count the reasons why. He had pushed Lu Han away, the only person he'd ever loved. He had driven him away because he had been selfish, naive and stupid. And now he felt empty; when Lu Han ran away, he had taken everything with him...

He screamed into the pillow until he lost his voice and he was only a sobbing mess curled into a ball.

I need you, Lu Han, Se Hun thought. You're my reason to live...

Suddenly there was a knock on the door; Se Hun chose to ignore it, hoping that they'd go away.

"Se Hun?" Chanyeol's voice came through the door. "Um, are you okay?"

He groaned; Chanyeol had the best timing.

"Go away!" Se Hun yelled, his voice raspy. "Leave me alone!"

He heard Chanyeol sigh before pushing the door open and entering the room; it was quite obvious to tell that Se Hun hadn't meant those words.

"Come here Hunnie," Chanyeol sat on the edge of the bed and opened his arms. "Tell Channie what's wrong."

Se Hun wanted to ignore him, and just continue to wallow in self-pity for a while, but then he realized that he really did not want to be alone. Slowly he uncurled himself before moving closer to Chanyeol and leaning against him; Chanyeol was always there when he need him.

"Lu Han..." Se Hun whispered as he felt Chanyeol pull him close. "He... I... My heart hurts..."

"There there, baby," The older boy practically cooed. "We just need to clear all of this up, this misunderstanding..."

"I hurt him!" Se Hun exclaimed. "He hates me, we have no chance..."

"That's not the way I see it," Chanyeol responded. "You know, Lu Han's still here."

"He... He is?" Se Hun couldn't believe his ears.

"He had left this room in tears," The older boy sounded quite sad. "Lu Han... Was making a dash for the door when Baekhyun and I stopped him, and tried to get him to talk to us. If he really hated you, he would have left without any hesitation."

"So... you left him alone with Baekhyun?" Se Hun couldn't help but feel that that was a bad idea.

"Yeah," Chanyeol didn't seem to get what Se Hun was getting at. "Why?"

"I... I don't know," The younger boy replied. "I just... I'm sorry Chanyeol, but I don't really like Baekhyun."

The younger boy turned away from Chanyeol, not sure if he should have said that. After about a second of silence, Se Hun heard something that sounded like laughter being held back.

"Why are you laughing at me?" Se Hun turned back and looked at Chanyeol, confused.

"It's just..." He got out in between laughs. "That was really obvious."

"Oh..." Se Hun's face heated up in embarrassment. "You... you don't care?"

"I..." Chanyeol stopped laughing. "I care... but it doesn't really matter," His words caught Se Hun off guard.

"Why?" The younger boy whispered. "What happened?"

"Baekhyun and I," He began. "Our feelings for each other wore off a long time ago, at least I think Baekhyun’s did... We're kind of just together for show now... Neither one of us wanted to hurt the other... Our every movement is exaggerated when we're together... You've noticed, right?"

Se Hun could only nod, he had thought it was a little odd but he hadn't really thought about it.

"So, if Baekhyun found someone else..." Se Hun left the sentence unfinished.

"I'd be happy for him," His voice was sad, his eyes downcast. "As happy as we were together, it's probably time to move on..."

The younger boy moved himself so that he was now hugging the other.

"I'm so sorry Chanyeol..."

After that, Se Hun was more than determined to make everything work with Lu Han; he felt that he still had a chance.

Chanyeol had fallen asleep at some point, or rather he cried himself to sleep; this told Se Hun that Chanyeol indeed still loved Baekhyun, but Baekhyun apparently didn't love him anymore. Se Hun took this as a reason to dislike Baekhyun even more.

He went downstairs then, silently hoping that Lu Han was still there. And there he was, Lu Han, asleep on the couch, as beautiful as ever. Se Hun was just about to approach him when he felt a hand on his arm.

"Leave the poor thing alone won't you?" Baekhyun whispered harshly. "Haven't you hurt him enough?"

Just seeing Baekhyun made Se Hun angry; Chanyeol deserved better.

"I can't believe I'm hearing this from you of all people," Se Hun kept his voice low, not wanting to wake up Lu Han. "Do you have any idea how much Chanyeol is hurting because of you?"

"What are you talking about?!" Baekhyun seemed truly angry. "Chanyeol was the one that hurt me!"

"What?" Se Hun was confused now; just what was going on here?

"Chanyeol came to me one day and said "I think I don't have feelings for you anymore..." Baekhyun had tears flowing out of his eyes at the thought. "And... And I was so heartbroken that I stupidly said me neither... And then I begged that we stay together anyways, even if it was just for show... but I love him! I love him more than you could know..."

"Baekhyun..." They both turned to the stairs and saw Chanyeol standing there. "Baekkie...I'm so sorry..." He was crying again while he quickly made his was towards them. "I can't believe that I was so blind..."

"Channie," Baekhyun cried out. "You... does this mean you do still love me?"

And then they were in each other's arms, Baekhyun crying into Chanyeol's chest and Chanyeol crying into Baekhyun's shoulder; they were both idiots, but idiots in love.

"Love," Se Hun mumbled out loud, watching them. "Can it really survive all?"

 

End of chapter 17

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay new chapter! I promise everything will be explained eventually.

Thank you so all my wonderful subscribers ; A ; I can't believe there are 200 of you... what? @.@

Once again, thank you to cupcakemini5 for helping me edit! I really appreciate it, even though you're busy.

I'll try to update again as soon as possible! ^_^