Confession

There's Just Something About You...

 

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep...

Make it stop... Please...

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep...

Please... I hate that sound...

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep...

No! Stop it please!

Beep. Beep. Beeeeeeee...

Thank you... Perhaps I can be at peace now...

 

"Lu Han!" His head felt fuzzy and he thought he heard someone calling out his name. "Lu Han!"

That voice, it was familiar but at the same time not.

"Lu Han!" The person continued to scream frantically. "Lu Han, please wake up!"

He could hear sniffling. The person was crying for him, but why? 

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep...

And it was back... 

"Lu Han..." Relief. "Lu Han..."

Who was this person and why did they keep saying his name?

The beeping actually became somewhat soothing at some point. Soon enough Lu Han fell asleep to the consistent beeping and rhythmic breathing of the person sitting next to him.

 

"-okay?" Lu Han woke up to hear the end of a sentence, but couldn't really make out the voices.

"The doctor said that he was out of the woods now," The same voice that had been saying his name like a chant.

"Se Hun..." Lu Han heard himself say, as if he suddenly remembered.

For a moment there was nothing before there was some frantic shuffling and then he felt the bed sink slightly to his left.

"I'm here, Lu Han," Se Hun’s voice was soothing. "Do you need anything? How do you feel?"

Slowly, Lu Han opened his eyes and saw that he was in a very white room; most likely a hospital room, the smell of medicine was overwhelming and then beeping of the heart monitor was very annoying. He managed to block out everything when he saw Se Hun's face though; it was a very welcome sight.

"Se Hun..." Lu Han whispered again, relief flooding his voice.

"I'm here, Lu Han," Se Hun whispered as he leaned in closer to Lu Han. "It's okay, love."

"Se Hun..." Lu Han whispered again, he loved the feeling of the younger boy’s name on his lips. "...What happened?"

Se Hun seemed to tense for a moment, but then he was back to normal; Lu Han wondered if he had imagined it.

"It doesn't matter..." The younger boy said eventually, sounding like he was holding back tears. "You're back with me now, and that's all that does matter..."

"Back with you now?" Lu Han repeated the words carefully, like they were foreign. "What do you mean?"

"Y-you almost died..." Se Hun said after a long moment of hesitation. "I-I almost lost you again..."

The younger boy had buried his face into what would have been Lu Han's chest if there hadn't been blankets covering him. Lu Han raised an arm and placed it upon Se Hun’s head, softly and slowly petting the younger’s hair.

“Se Hun…” Lu Han whispered, hoping to comfort him. “I’m okay now…”

Se Hun was crying into the blankets and didn’t seem like he wanted to stop, so Lu Han continued to gently smooth back his hair. He’d never seen the younger boy so vulnerable.

“Lu Han,” The older boy looked up at the sound of a deep and familiar voice. “We’re glad to see that you’re all right.”

He smiled at the sight of Chanyeol and Baekhyun. The two of them looked tired but happy and Baekhyun had bandages wrapped around his head. Baekhyun’s head was leaning on Chanyeol’s shoulder and his eyes were closed, Chanyeol’s arm was around Baekhyun’s shoulder. 

“Baekhyun,” Lu Han whispered, worried. “Is he okay?”

The taller boy smiled sadly and looked down at the shorter boy leaning against him. “He’s just tired…”

Lu Han was about to say something when Baekhyun made a soft noise of pain, and Chanyeol unconsciously pulled him closer.

“I’m sorry, Lu Han,” Chanyeol’s attention was still on his boyfriend though. “I’m going to take him home… We’ll see you later.”

And then he lifted Baekhyun into his arms and left the room; it was obvious how much Chanyeol cared for Baekhyun, their relationship was one that was enviable. 

Lu Han turned his attention back to Se Hun and noticed that the younger boy had fallen asleep at some point. Se Hun, sleeping, brought a soft smile to Lu Han’s lips. He looked so peaceful. He weaved a hand into Se Hun’s soft hair, and started moving his hand in what he hoped to be a soothing motion. 

“I hope you’re having sweet dreams,” The older boy whispered to him. “Se Hunnie…”

Soon enough, Lu Han feel asleep as well, his hand still entangled in Se Hun’s hair.

 

"Se Hunnie..." Lu Han had taken a liking to that nickname and now called him that, basically, all the time.

"Yes, Lu Hannie?" Se Hun had picked up a nickname for him as well; Chanyeol and Baekhyun were really rubbing off on them.

Lu Han had been discharged a couple days ago, with a warning from the doctor to not aggravate his injuries and to refrain from any strenuous activity. So the two of them were on the couch watching a movie, Lu Han's head in Se Hun's lap, and with the younger boy’s fingers gently smoothing back the older boy's hair. 

"Se Hunnie..." Lu Han whispered again, he sounded more hesitant this time. "I...think I owe you an explanation..."

There was a click as Se Hun turned the television off; he knew this was important. There was a heavy silence for a while before Lu Han turned in Se Hun's lap so that he was looking up at him. Lu Han didn't know why he'd felt the need to bring this up now, but he did.

 

Flashback

 

"Isn't he still out there?" Kris' voice came now, emotionless, still addressing Zi Tao.

"Oh yeah, he is," Zi Tao answered, like it was no big deal.

And then there were footsteps; Lu Han quickly lay back down, pretending to be asleep. He heard Zi Tao enter the room and then stop.

“He’s asleep, I don’t think he heard anything,” He called out, most likely to Kris, before his footsteps went in a different direction. 

At that point Lu Han decided that it would be safe to wake up. So he made an exaggerated show of yawning and stretching before he got off the couch. After pretending like he hadn't known that Zi Tao had been there all along, Lu Han gave Zi Tao a sleepy smile, and a good morning then practically ran to the washroom.

Lu Han closed and locked the door behind him before leaning against the door, breathing heavily. He knew he needed to get out of there. His heart was pounding, he was sweating, and he was paranoid, deathly afraid that Zi Tao, or even Kris, would do something to him. 

After what he deemed to be a safe amount of time, Lu Han exited the washroom reluctantly, only to see that Zi Tao was no longer where he had been before. So, slowly and cautiously he left the washroom and tried to make a break for the door only to feel a hand grab his wrist and drag him back before another hand clamped over his mouth.

"Aww, Lulu," Zi Tao's whispered into his ear. "Were you really planning on leaving without saying goodbye?"

Lu Han shook his head against Zi Tao's hand, feeling cold sweat slide down his back.

"I'm so glad, you wouldn't want to leave me all alone here, would you? Alone and heartbroken?" Zi Tao was obviously trying to guilt trip him into staying.

The older boy froze at the words and after a moment slowly shook his head again. Zi Tao released the hand upon Lu Han's mouth and then began leading him towards the kitchen and Kris, who was now standing there. His eyes widened and he started trying to pull away from Zi Tao, but his grip was too tight; Kris just terrified him for reasons he couldn’t name.

"Krissy darling," Zi Tao's voice was sickeningly sweet as he pushed Lu Han towards him. "He was trying to run away."

"Was he now," It wasn't a question. "We'll have to teach him a lesson, now won't we?" 

Next thing Lu Han knew he was pressed up against the fridge with Kris looming over him.

"Do you know who I am, Lu Han?" The way Kris said his name was full of hatred. "Do you know what you did to me?" 

The older boy was frozen with fear and his eyes were wide. Just what had he done to Kris? Slowly and stiffly, Lu Han shook his head-- he honestly had no idea.

"Really," Kris' hands were now roughly gripping Lu Han's shoulders, his fingers practically sinking into them. "You really don't remember?"

Frightened, Lu Han tried to shrink away from Kris and caught a glance of Zi Tao. He was just standing there and smirking at what was going on. 

"I-I really have no idea what you're talking about..." He stuttered, too afraid to say much else.

"Well then... Perhaps this will remind you," Kris then released one hand to take a rather large kitchen knife that Zi Tao was now handing him. "Do you know what I'm going to do with this? Do you remember what you did with this?" 

Lu Han's eyes grew wider as something seemed to click inside his head, something that he had desperately wanted to block out and forget.

"It seems that you do," Kris smirked and moved the knife closer, watching Lu Han's face. "Now say it!" 

The older boy shook his head frantically, he didn't want to remember... It hurt to remember. The taller boy made a low and angry growling noise before plunging the knife deep into Lu Han’s left shoulder and just as swiftly pulling it out again. Lu Han screamed in pain. 

"Just say it!"

"I... It hurts to remember..." He mumbled under his breath. 

Kris raised the knife and stabbed him again with it; he looked livid, like he wanted revenge, and that he was most likely going to kill the older boy. 

"Then how do you think I feel?" Kris screamed, anger emanating from every fiber of his body. "How do you live with what you had done?" 

The knife was about to enter Lu Han's shoulder for the fourth time when there was a knock on the door. This was enough to shock Kris into releasing him as well as drop the knife and Zi Tao was looking at the door apprehensively; they clearly hadn't been expecting anyone.

So Lu Han made a mad dash for the door, yanking it open, ignoring whomever had been standing there and just ran as fast as he could, trying to ignore the pain in his shoulder.

 

End flashback

 

Lu Han was now sitting on Se Hun's lap, with the younger boy’s arms wound tightly around him.

"It's okay now, love..." He heard Se Hun say. "You're not there anymore."

Lu Han buried his face into the younger boy's shoulder.

"Thank you, Se Hunnie..." Lu Han was so more than glad to have someone like Se Hun.

"What does Kris want from you anyways?" Se Hun then asked quietly. "Y-you don't have to tell me of course... Only if you want to..." 

"His brother..." Lu Han whispered, his voice softer than a whisper. "I... killed his brother..."

 

End of chapter 20

-------------------------------------------------

So, it's been a month since I first posted the summary of my fic... it feels like so much longer... I can't believe all the support I've gotten ; A ; 240 subscribers... that's just completely insane to me, never expected that many, never expected anywhere near that many. Just, thank you, so much ; A ; <3

And thank you, once again, to cupcakemini5 for helping me edit ^_^ <3

Hope you enjoyed that chapter, and I'll try to update as soon as possible! ^_^

Please vote on my new poll!

People who choose A, please tell me what I did that made it different, I would like to keep it as consistant as possible OTL