Tomorrow

There's Just Something About You...

 

A door upstairs slammed open, and Baekhyun came running out, worry clearly etched on his face.

"What happened?" Se Hun watched his eyes widen in surprise as his attention landed on the scene before him. The shorter boy froze then like it was more than he could physically or mentally handle.

Zi Tao was snapped out of his trance by Baekhyun's voice and immediately rushed to his side, forgetting about Kris.

 It wasn’t until Sehun heard Baekhyun yell out a strangled “Lu Han!” did he finally realize that what he had witnessed had actually happened and it hadn’t just been a nightmare.

Lu Han had somehow pushed Kris out of the way of the falling knife.

Lu Han was kneeling there, clutching his shoulder, the same shoulder that Kris had repeatedly stabbed some time ago. No matter how one tried to interpret the situation, one thing was obvious:

Lu Han had just saved Kris' life.

"Lu Han!" Se Hun called as he ran towards his lover and sank to his knees next to him. "Lu Hannie…"

"…Se Hunnie," The older boy gasped as Se Hun protectively wrapped his arms around him.

"Shh, love," Se Hun placed a soft kiss upon Lu Han's lips, still holding him tightly and trying to hold back his tears. "Don't speak…"

"Se Hunnie…" Lu Han whispered against the younger boy's lips.

"Shh… my little doll," Se Hun told him. "Everything will be all right…"

He became absorbed in his little world with Lu Han and temporarily forgot about the fact that his beloved was in pain and that there were also other people still in the room.

How had this even happened? How could he have let it happen?

It was partially his fault that his Lu Han was in such pain. He had been the one that had sent the knife flying. He had tried to wrestle it away from Kris only to have it fly out of the taller man's hand and then they both froze in fear. Lu Han technically saved both of them. Se Hun could feel Lu Han's hot breath on his face and he was suddenly reminded of his boyfriend's pain.

Careful not to jar the wound further, Se Hun lifted Lu Han into his arms and got up.

Kris was gone, he'd left without a word, and no one but Se Hun had noticed. On his way out of the house he had given Se Hun this rather unreadable look; Se Hun didn’t respond though, that look was more than he thought Kris would ever offer.

Zi Tao was still with Baekhyun, who was crying, and Chanyeol was nowhere to be seen. Se Hun found that he couldn’t care less though, because only Lu Han mattered at that moment.

Soon enough, the wailing of an ambulance came loud and clear, breaking the silence. Se Hun hadn’t called it though, and realized that he wasn’t sure who had. That was when Baekhyun suddenly stood up, ran to the front door and pulled it open.

"Come on, Se Hun!"

The younger boy didn't need to be told twice, he was now rushing out the door, Lu Han securely in his arms.

 

"I came to apologize and say farewell," Zi Tao appeared on their doorstep one day, more than three months after the incident.

"Where are you going, Tao?" Baekhyun stuck his head into the conversation; despite all that had happened he still treated the other the same.

"Kris and I, we've decided to move to a different city," He told them softly. "We won't be bothering you again."

And then he turned to leave but was called back by Lu Han.

"Thank you," The older boy told him, sincerity in his voice. "I wish you all the best."

Zi Tao nodded, smiling, before proceeding to walk away.

 

Life was peaceful again. Baekhyun and Chanyeol had officially moved in with Se Hun and Lu Han since, as they put it, "You already have someone else to feed besides yourself, what's two more?" Se Hun just rolled his eyes, but accepted them anyways, just with a little less than open arms.

 

Chanyeol hid the flowers behind his back, turned and smiled at Lu Han and Se Hun before moving towards Baekhyun, who was sitting on the couch flipping through a magazine.

“Baekkie,” Chanyeol began, his voice soft and full of affection. “Can I talk to you?”

Baekhyun set the magazine aside almost immediately, surprise written all over his face.

“Of course,” He said – from his voice one could tell that he thought something must have been wrong. “Is everything all right?”

Chanyeol smiled at him brightly before getting down on one knee and presenting the other with the flowers that had been hidden behind his back. Baekhyun’s hands flew to his mouth, most likely in shock, and tears were already forming in the corners of his eyes.

“Byun Baekhyun,” Chanyeol began, his voice light. “My Baekkie, my love, my light, my world. I love you more than I thought myself capable of loving, I love you more than I can even describe. You are my beacon of light when the world is dark, you make waking up in the morning worth it, and you are my reason to live.”

The taller boy, still holding the flowers, then pulled out a small box and opened it, revealing a gorgeous ring with a small emerald encrusted in the center and his and Baekhyun’s names engraved on either side of the emerald.

“Baekkie,” Chanyeol began again, “will you marry me?”

For a moment Baekhyun didn’t respond, his hands were still clasped over his mouth and there was a steady stream of tears sliding down his cheeks. All of a sudden he made a loud noise of delight before literally jumping onto Chanyeol, sending both of them on to the floor, the flowers and the ring flying out of the taller boy’s hands.

“Of course I will, you idiot!” And then he was laughing into Chanyeol’s chest, while holding tightly onto his, now, fiancé.

Chanyeol began laughing with him, clearly happy that Baekhyun had accepted. Lu Han and Se Hun shared a smile, they were both grinning from ear to ear, feeling truly happy for the other couple. 

The two of them eventually calmed down and got to their feet. Chanyeol picked up the ring box and was prepared to finally slide the ring on to Baekhyun’s finger when he noticed that the ring was no longer in the box.

“…Has anyone seen the ring?” He asked reluctantly, his eyes darting around the room frantically. “, this is not happening…”

Baekhyun dusted himself off before moving to back hug his fiancé.

“It’s okay, Channie,” The shorter boy told him, leaning against the taller boy’s back. “I don’t need a ring, ”

“No, but… that ring was custom made for you, for us…” Chanyeol whispered, clasping his hands over Baekhyun’s. “And it cost a lot more than I can afford to just lose…”

“Oh…” The shorter boy’s voice made it clear that he, at least somewhat, regretted what he had just said. “You… I’m so sorry…”

He removed his arms from around Chanyeol’s waist before beginning to look around as well.

"I don't see it anywhere, Channie," Baekhyun said, as he looked under, on top of, and around anywhere the small piece of jewelry could have gotten to. "Are you sure it's not in the box?"

Se Hun and Lu Han were helping as well, but they had no luck either. Baekhyun got up, and walked back over to Chanyeol. The shorter boy held out a hand and the taller boy handed him the ring box.

"Where could it be though?" Baekhyun wondered out loud as he inspected the ring box, scrutinizing it like he could magically make it appear again.

Chanyeol reached out and brushed some hair away from his fiancé's face, effectively getting his attention.

"Channie?" He stared at him confusion all over his face. "Channie, what is it?"

Chanyeol kissed him deeply while he smoothly slid the ring onto the shorter boy's ring finger.

"There it is, right where it belongs…" He whispered against Baekhyun's lips.

"You had it all this time?" Baekhyun asked as he pulled away from Chanyeol.

Chanyeol replied with only a cheeky grin, confirming the other’s suspicions.

"You tricked me!" Baekhyun accused, his lips forming an adorable pout. "I can't believe you would do that!"

And then he spun so his back was facing Chanyeol and crossed his arms.

"Aww, Baekkie, don't be upset," The taller boy almost cooed as he wrapped his arms around the other. "I just thought it would be funny."

Se Hun couldn't help himself when he started laughing. He wasn’t laughing at what Chanyeol did though; he was laughing at the look on Baekhyun’s face. Lu Han joined him after a moment, but Baekhyun refused to budge.

"Baaeekkiie," Chanyeol whined into his fiancé's ear. "Even they think it's funny…"

"Oh Channie," Baekhyun's voice made it clear that he was holding back laughter. "You're so easy to fool…"

Baekhyun turned around in Chanyeol’s arms and looked at his surprise face before letting out a light chuckle. He lifted his hand and examined the ring that was now, finally, on his finger.

"What exquisite craftsmanship," Baekhyun mused to himself as he snuck side-glances at Chanyeol. "It's beautiful, thank you, Channie."

Baekhyun turned and smirked at Se Hun and Lu Han.

"I can't wait to show it off," The shorter boy continued, causing Chanyeol to turn and look at him.

"Wait, you're not upset?" The taller boy asked, like this was just registering in his head.

"No, Channie, I'm not," Baekhyun smiled as he put his arms over his fiancé's shoulders while lacing his fingers behind the other's neck. "I am extremely happy."

And then he pushed Chanyeol’s head down slightly and kissed him, making more than clear what his feelings were.

Se Hun turned to Lu Han and pulled him close while turning them both away from the other couple.

"Some day," Se Hun whispered. "I'll propose to you and we'll be just as happy as they are…"

"Well, Se Hunnie," Lu Han replied. "I look forward to that day. In the mean time, I'm happy enough right now."

"You know, I still haven't figured it out," Se Hun thought out loud.

“What, Se Hunnie?”

"What it is about you that I love so much," Se Hun smiled before turning and kissing him. "There's just something about you…"

 

THE END

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry for ending it so suddenly OTL and I'm sorry for such a terrible ending.

Thank you to all my subscribers, people who were here from the beginning or the middle or wherever, it doesn't matter, I just appreciate that you stayed until the end. seriously, thank you so much for all your support ; A ; <3333

Thank you to cupcakemini5 for helping me edit ^_^ <3

Thank you all again, and I really hope that you liked my story OTL

Please check out this AU Collection I'm writing with some friends, it would mean a lot to us! We're writing AUs of fairytales, folk tales, and many other things, featuring various EXO couples ^_^ EXO AU Collection