Mistake

A Nerd's Fanfic

 

Yumi went home and sat on the couch while watching T.v. Just then, her phone vibrated and it was a text from Jina reminding her to study for their exam tomorrow.

 

“Omo! I almost forgot about our exam tomorrow. I really need to study now.” Yumi shouted. She got her books and notebooks and started reading her notes. “she’s my girlfriend so leave me alone!” those words that Junhyung uttered kept on repeating on her head. “aiish! Yumi, focus” Yumi said as she took a deep breath.

 

Yumi’s POV

 

Aiissh! I cannot do this. I can’t concentrate, I keep on thinking about Junhyung, about what he said. I’m hopeless. I mean, I can’t like him, right? I’m just a nerd and he’s cool. We can’t really be together. Maybe as friends but not more. But I think I’m starting to like him. What do I do? But before that, I really need to study! It’s already 10 pm and I still haven’t reviewed anything.

 

If Junhyung will text me at exactly 12 midnight to 12:05 am, I’ll admit to myself that I like him, but if he doesn’t text me or even if he texts me before 12, I’ll just have to forget about him. Yeah, that’s a great deal. Okay, so now I should probably get back to studying.

 

End of Yumi’s POV

 

Normal POV

 

“I’m getting sleepy” Yumi said as she looked at the wall clock and saw that it was already 11:30. “Maybe I should sleep now” Yumi added as she packed her things and prepared herself for bed. “I’ll just set a loud ring tone if ever Junhyung will text me” she said as she lied on her bed.

 

The next morning, Yumi woke up and took her bath. After showering, she remembered her deal that if Junhyung will text her at 12:00-12:05 am, she’ll admit to herself that she likes Junhyung but if he does not text her, she’ll just have to forget about Junhyung. Yumi checked her phone and saw a text message from Junhyung.

 

“Hey, Uhmm. I know it’s late already but I just

Want to say goodnight and goodluck on your

Exam tomorrow. Oh and by the way, I might not be able

To talk with you most of the time because I’ll be a little

Bit busy filming your cute story.

I miss you already ^^

 

From: Junhyung

Time Receieved: 12:05 am

 

“Omo! This cannot be true” Yumi said. She kept on staring at her phone to check if the time is wrong but it isn’t. “fine, I .. I’ll admit to myself that I like him” Yumi said in defeat.

 

Yumi went to school and all she could think about was Junhyung and because of that, she wasn’t able to finish her exam on time.

 

Days passed and Junhyung wasn’t texting her at all. Yumi was a little bothered by it.

 

Mean while,

[ @ the studio, while taking a break from filming…]

[AN: this happened the next day. This is the reason why Junhyung wasn’t texting Yumi]

 

“oh, hyung, I forgot my jacket on the car. I’ll just get it” Junhyung said as he left. “perfect” Hyuna said as she saw Junhyung’s phone near her dressing room. She quickly got his phone and looked at the contact details. She scrolled down to look for Yumi’s number and she saw it.

 

Hyuna’s POV

 

Finally, I think my plan would work out. I got Junhyung Oppa’s phone and quickly went inside my dressing room. I scrolled down for Yumi’s number and I saw it. I changed Yumi’s name to my name, Hyuna and I exchanged her name to mine. Brilliant right? If I text Junhyung, Yumi’s name would appear on his contact list. If Yumi texts Junhyung oppa, my name would appear on his phone. He’ll think that I’m Yumi and that Yumi is me. I’m so great. I returned his phone to where I found it and pretended that nothing happened.

 

End of Hyuna’s POV

 

Normal POV

 

Junhyung came back and brought his jacket. He found his phone and remembered Yumi. “maybe I should atleast ask her how she’s doing” Junhyung said as he texted Yumi. To his surprise, “YUMI” [Hyuna] replied back. “strange, Yumi’s actually slow at replying. Maybe she missed me. HAHA” Junhyung whispered. All that day, Junhyung kept on texting with Hyuna, not realizing it was her.

 

 

Yumi’s POV

 

 

It’s been day already and Junhyung hasn’t been texting me. Maybe I should atleast text him to see if he’s fine. Yeah, that’s right. I probably should. I texted him.

 

 

“annyeong, Junhyung. Have you been working hard?

Goodluck on your acting. I hope you won’t be sick again.

Stay strong or else I’ll just have to make Kimbap with you again.

Just kidding”

 

I sent it to him. I hope he doesn’t think I’m a but pushy though.

 

I got a reply from him.

 

“yah! What do you mean? Can you please just stop

Acting so sweet like you care, Hyuna. Don’t talk to me.

And what Kimbap? I’d rather die than seeing you make me

A kimbap” Junhyung replied. What was that about? I am not Hyuna. Woah, he’s really mad. I felt a little hurt from what he said to me. Maybe Jina was right. Maybe he really is a snob.

 

“yah! What do you mean Hyuna?

It’s me, Yumi. I can’t believe you” I texted him.

 

“what? Yumi? Huh? That’s impossible. Don’t lie Hyuna” he said as she kept on insisting that I was Hyuna.

 

End of Yumis’ POV

 

Junhyung’s POV

 

I received a text message form Hyuna. I can’t believe that she was texting me while we’re filming.

 

“yah! What do you mean Hyuna?

It’s me, Yumi. I can’t believe you” I received that text. She seemed to be claiming that she’s Yumi. If she’s Yumi then why is her name on my contact list Hyuna? What if Hyuna did this. I quickly went to Hyuna’s dressing room since Doojoon hyung and Yoseob were the ones who were being filmed right now.

 

I knocked on her dressing room and saw her sleeping. Hyuna was sleeping! So that means, I got angry at Yumi for recognizing her as Hyuna. What do I do now?!

 

End of Junhyung’s POV

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the late update.. I was busy so I wasn’t able to update.

I’m really really sorry ^^ please comment