Major Makeover

The Ice Prince Meets His Match

I sat on the couch reading a book in my oversized shirt and sweats. I just got home from my jog, the girls are probably asleep or too lazy to go down and have some breakfast. These girls take so long to wake up, I'm getting bored. I caught a glimpse of my phone by the coffee table in front of me, instantly thinking of my brother and how I've never called since the first day I got here. I cursed under my breath thinking about the scolding I'll possibly get. I hastily got my phone and walked out to call him. After a few rings, my brother picked up and I greeted cheerfully, "Oppa!" 

"Sourin? Is that you?" He asked and I blinked in disbelief. "Did you possibly forget your own little sister's voice?!" I scoffed in disbelief. How can someone forget his own sister? " Of course I do! Yah, you!" And it has begun. "Why haven't you called? It's been too long since you last called, little miss!" He yelled over the phone as I distanced the phone from my ear, trying not to make myself deaf. "Yah, oppa. Tone down your voice. If you continue with that tone, I'll be deaf." I heard a scoff on the other line and was followed by more nagging, "Well, it's your fault, little miss. You didn't call! You promised you would call, but what did you do? YOU DIDN'T CALL OR EVEN TEXT. Do you want me to die young, Park Sourin? For all I know, you could be bullied there and I have no idea!" Upon hearing, this I immediately shut up and listened as he went on. True enough, I was bullied. How could I tell my brother of my situation? He was influential enough. He would tell our Dad then he'll tell the school's headmaster a.k.a the school's owner. After which, all hell breaks out. 

"Oppa are you finished nagging?" I asked when he paused for air. "You, Park Sourin, as smart as you are should know how to keep a promise." He sighed then continued, "I'm done." I laughed softly and told him that I'll try my best to call whenever I have the time. "How are you, Oppa? How's Unnie?" I inquired. "We're fine. Oh here's Umma. Umma! Sourin called, do- Oh, okay. Umma says hi. " Sure, she did. I doubt she even had a spec of worry for her daughter in another town. " Tell her I said hello. Where's Appa? How's the business?" I asked a series of questions and he answered them all. I knew Umma didn't want to talk to me, or even care if I called. She wouldn't even care I passed out in front of her. She would avoid me and leave me there like I'm the one thing that disgusts her most. "Baby girl, are you still there?" Oppa asked, gaining and immediate scowl from me. "Don't call me that." I snapped.

"Oh, sorry. Did you run into that jerk or something?" Oh, oppa. If only you knew how lucky I am. "The jerk's the same school.  Oh, and the luck, we're even in the same classes." I groaned inwardly in annoyance as he told me of my bad luck. We kept on chatting about school-with me leaving some tiny details of course-the dorm, and basically anything under the sun. He said he'd visit me soon and beat P>O up for me. Like he has the capability of doing so. He can't even beat me in Martial Arts. He quit the class before the first month even finished! He threw a very funny joke that made me laugh so much, I swore I would've woken up the whole neighborhood. Oppa bid his goodbye saying he had stuff to do. He hung up the fun and I was still laughing to myself. Too engrosed in laughing, I didn't notice someone was in front of me. I loked up and saw L looking at me like I was some sort of mad man. Maybe I did look like so. 

 

"You have definitely lost your mind." He said. I just looked at him, waiting for him to tell me what he wants, but he just stood there and stared at me. His eyes were so cold, I felt like I froze right then and there. I couldn't take my eyes of his. It was like my eyes were super glued to his. I head to tear my eyes off his when the door behind suddenly opened and hit my back. "Ow." I groaned, rubbing my back. "Omo! I'm so sorry, sweetie. Are you- Oh, Hey, L-ssi." The person said, noticing it was Taehee Unnie's voice while she rubbed my back. I heard L clear his throat and say,

 

"Stupid nerd, go to the dorm later. You have something to do. "I'm busy." I hurriedly replied as I stood and opened the door. "You surely look like you are." He scoffed. I turned sharply to glare at him and he did the same. Giving up, I sighed and said I'll be there in 10 minutes. I rested for a few minutes before heading to Infinite's dorm. I pressed the doorbell and was immediately greeted by Sungjong. He gaped at me like I was some sort of monster. 

 

"Something wrong?" I blinked and he hurriedly pulled me inside and examined me. "YES! Something is wrong. You're a fashion disaster! We have to get you a makeover. Now." He nodded eagerly and ran upstairs to his room. I sighed knowing that I would be walking around a mall in my sweats. I looked around the dorm only to see that there was no one else around. It was strangely quiet. Too quiet. I catched a glimpse of my appearance in the window. Honestly, I did look crappy. But this is my jogging attire. Well, I always looked like this. 

 

Sungjong rushed down the stairs and had a serious look on his face. Like he was on a mission to save the world.

"Where are the others?" I asked and he just shrugged and replied, "Out somewhere. They didn't want me to come. I have no idea why though" Fight. I instantly thought. If they weren't here.. Then why did.. L made me a babysitter! Just because he didn't want Sungjong to be alone? L Kim. You surprise me more and more everyday.

                     

Sungjong and I walked to the mall. I would get dirty looks from girls. Guys would scowl at how I look, but weirdly look away when they see my face. Some girls would whisper on how blind Sungjong is or how being seen in public with me isn't a good thing for him. After a few minutes we finally got to the mall. 

"First stop, the salon!" He exclaimed and dragged me to a salon. He sat me down and pat my shoulder while giving instructions to the lady. "Please don't cut my hair too short." I said and she smiled at me. I sat there waiting for my "makeover" to finish. I would occassionally glance at Sungjong, it was either he was scanning a magazine, talking on the phone or giving me a thumbs up. He told the lady to cover the mirror with a black cloth for me not to see how I look. There were 3 people tending to me, doing my hair and nails. When it was over, they removed the cloth and let me see how I looked like. They removed my glasses, it was a bit blurry but I can still see. I looked different. 

"You should wear contacts, honey. You look way better." The lady said as she smiled at me and helped me up. I did look better, simple yet attractive. "You looked gorgeous! With your hair like that, surely hyu- I mean.. Uh, let's go." He said and dragged me out of the salon. 

"Aren't we going to pay?" I asked, looking back at him as he pushed me. "Well, my family owns this place!" He laughed softly and shook his head as if it was a generally known fact. We entered a store and scanned for clothes. I walked arounf brushing my figertips against the fabric not bothering to take a second glance at them and letting Sungjong do all the work. I sat down on the couch nearby and waited. 

"Noona! Try these on. The clothes you're wearing are so ugly I want to burn them." I blinked at him and took the clothes. "Noona? We're of the same age, silly." He just shrugged and looked down. Noticing that he's starting to get a bit gloomy, I ruffled his hair and said, "Okay then, saengie!" I proceeded to the dressing room and tried the one top of the stack of clothes on. I zipped the side and looked at my reflection. I look okay, but this is not Park Sourin. More of a y version of me. I stepped out and pulled the dress down. Sungjong had a dirty look on and looked like he was about to puke. 

"Do I look that bad?" I said as I kept on pulling the dress down, trying to cover as much skin as I can. He shook his head and waved his hands in disapproval, "No, noona. You look um.." 

"Hoochy." I continued for him and he immediately nodded. "That's not how it's supposed to look! I swear it looked decent on the rack! I didn't want you to look hoochy, noona! NOT AT ALL!" He defended as I laughed and pat his shoulder. "It's okay, really. I'll just try the others, okay?" I ruffled his hair and went inside the dressing room. I would wear the dresses, go out, wait for Sungjong's approval. I don't really have a say in this since I have an "awful fashion sense" I walked in and out of the dressing room and there was this one set of clothes that really caught my eye. This sheer top and floral skirt. It was simple yet pretty. I went out smiling widely, but to my surprise he wasn't there in his seat. I asked the saleslady where he went and she said he was just by the door. I walked to where he was and saw him talking to someone, a guy to be specific. I couldn't tell who he was since his back was facing me. Sungjong looked over his shoulder and smiled. Ho pointed his finger at me and me said something to the guy. The guy turned around and gaped at me. He turned out to be Woohyun, seeing the recognizable face, I smiled and waved at him. He didn't respond so I stepped closer and waved my hand in front of his face.

"Um, hello? Woohyun oppa? Earth to Woohyun?" I kept on waving my hand in front of his face and he suddenly grabbed my wrist saying, "I think I just saw an angel. Your beauty is too blinding." He said not even blinking. I made a disgusted face at him and he laughed, but stopped and clutched his rib ni pain. I hurridly assisted him inside to sit.

"Are you okay?" I asked in worry. He just nodded and smiled. "I'm fine." He smiled once again and swept his bangs revealing the cut on his eyebrow. My eyes widened at the sight of blood. I inspected his face and saw more cuts. "You are not okay. Look at you! You have a cut, and another one, and another one!" He just chuckled and smoothed my hair. "I'm used to them, silly. I'm a gangster, remember?"

Oh, yeah. How can I possibly forget? I clucked my tongue at him and sent him a playful glare before standing and headed to the dressing room to change back. 

"Noona, where are you going?" Sungjong asked. I turned my head and said, "Changing back to my clothes. Why?" 

"We're leaving and you're wearing that." He pointed at me and pulled me back. He pushed me down to the seat beside Woohyun as he went to the dressing rooom to get the other clothes and my old clothes. We got everything and left. We walked out of the mall to hail a cab and as we were waiting, Woohyun had his arm around my shoulders and threw me cheesy pick up lines. 

"Are you an alien?" He asked. I blinked at him and asked back, "What? Why?" 

"Because you abducted my heart." He answered as he put his free hand on his chest and look at me dreamily. I laughed at him and shook my head amusedly. 

"Did you swallow a firework?" He asked once again. "Eh? Why?" I asked. 

"Because everytime you smile, I see a spark." He smiled and I punched his arm. He flinched in pain which made  me regret what I did. "Omo, oppa. Are you okay? I am so sorry! Are you okay? Does it hurt?" I inquired. He nodded weakly and clutched his arm. 

"It hurts. Ouch. You have to kiss it better." He said as he puckered his lips. I made a disgusted face and shoved his face away. Sungjong then pryed his Hyung away from me. "You're disgusting, hyung. Noona wouldn't stoop so low to kiss you." HE said as he stuck his tongue out him and hugged me protectively gaining jealous whispers from bystanders. A cab finally came and drove us back. The two boys kept on bickering and throwing things at each other. 

                  

When we arrived at Infinite's dorm, Woohyun assited me out and took all of my paperbags then whispered, "Just go with the flow, okay?" I just nodded in confusion. He put his arm on my waist as we walked in and cleared his throat in attempt to get their attention. Woohyun had to yell to gain their attention. Upon getting their attention, Dongwoo approached me and said, "Wow. You're really fast, Namgrease. You got a new girl that fast? Salutations to you, sir." He pat Woohyun's shoulder and continued. "I'm so sorry for you, pretty miss. You look a bit too innocent for Woohyun though." I blinkd and was about to speak when he continued, again. 

"You look familiar. Has Woohyun brought you here before? That's a first." He snorted. I looked at the other boys and they were all as clueless as Dongwoo. 

With the exception of L. He knew it was me. He was staring at me. Seeing right through me. Knowing it was Park Sourin, a different looking Sourin. I averted my gaz and looked at Woohyun instead who looked back at me and smiled brightly. He pulled me closer and said,

"Don't you recognize her?  You know her well." He said and was about to continue when L continued for him. "Geez, it's Sourin. The girl who lives across us? The nerd? She just lost her glasses and dressed nicely." He shook his head and sat down on the couch. Woohyun chuckled and kissed the top of my head whispering, "Go with the flow, okay? I'm trying something." He then cleared his throat and I noticed the boys' awestricken faces. It took a lot of control for me not to laugh so I just smiled at them. 

"What is the meaning of this?!" Sungyeol exclaimed his eyes darting from me to Woohyun. I glanced at Woohyun who tried to look flustered while rubbing his nape. "Well, how do I break it down to you.. Sourin and I are dating!" He said. Then there was silence. Nothing. Crickets. 

"WHAT?!" They all exclaimed in unison taking me aback. "This can't be true. You're kidding, right? Tell me you're kidding." Sungyeol started, grabbing me by the shoulders and started to shake me. "You're smart! How can you like this.. this greasy thing! You've fallen for his trap. Escape before it's too late, Wourin! Run!" He continued still shaking me as I just stared at him with indifference.

"I'm not going anywhere, Sungyeol. I'm staying with oppa." I said as I put my arm on Woohyun's waist. They were all so shocked by my actions that I tried so hard not to laugh. 

"Hyung! Is this why you were at the mall?" Sungjong suddenly asked. "I missed my girlfriend. Is that wrong?" Woohyun answered as if it was the most natural thing to say. Sungjong pulled his hair as Sungyeol screamed his dolphin scream. "I-if you two aare dating... That means.. You would've kissed him if I wasn't around!" Sungjong paced around in thought and continued, "THAT"S WHY HYUNG WAS SO GREASY! This is too much for me to digest. Too much. Too much." 

"For how long? How long have you two been dating?" Sunggyu in and Woohyun and I looked at each other. "A week." We both said. Wow, that was unexpected. We smiled at each other and looked back at the others. 

"A WEEK. You;ve been keeping this to us for a week?" Dongwoo exclaimed and we both nodded in return. I then thought of a very believable excuse and said, "I wanted to tell all of you right away because you've grown close to me, but oppa said we should wait about a week knowing you would react, well, like this." As I've said this, they all fell silent probably thinking about their actions and how they reacted. But of course, that would be crazy.

"No. This is all an act. This is all fake! You guys in acting. NOOOO!" Sungyeol broke the silence, still in disbelief as he flailed his arms in the air. I suddenly thought that our act was too obvious and we were caught.  But then from thei shocked faces and Sungyeol's flailing arms, we were still safe.

"Why would we fake this? This is a serious matter." Woohyun said sternly. "I disapprove of this! We all do!" Hoya said and they all nodded in agreement. "Well, we never asked for permission. We just wanted to inform you guys since you have to know. It's not like we're getting married." Woohyun answered then continued, "But we've thought about it. If we last long enough.. Maybe after she graduates." He looked at me and grinned. The guys were even more enraged. Mostly L, who was sitting beside Sungjong, suddenly stood up and said before walking out, "This is bull. I though you were smart, nerd." After walking out he slammed the door shut making me jump a little in fear.

Woohyun started laughing and let go of me. "Exactly what I needed to see. Thanks, Sourin. I'll take you home." Sungjong then bloted up and blocked the door. "No! No one is leaving unless this is explained. You!" He pointed at Woohyun, "Why are you laughing? Sit! Now." Being the youngest, he was sure bossy.  We followed his orders and sat down side by side. they all stood in front of us with crossed arms and stern faces.

"Explain this now." Sunggyu said with authority. I raised my hands in defeat and pointed at Woohyun. "His idea! He just told me to 'Go with the flow' So I just followed him." I defended and Sunggyu diverted his eyese to Woohyun he just shrugged. "I wanted to see his reaction. You all know why." As if a light bulb suddenly lit on top of their heads, they all nodded and went back to whatever they were doing before we arrived.

Sungjong approached us and huffed, "You should've given us a heads up, stupid!" He then smacked his hyung's head before rushing upstairs. I turned to face Woohyun and looked at him inquiringly as he just grinned sweetly. "Not falling for that. Tell me why you wanted to see a scary angry L." I shook him demandingly and he just kept on grinning. "I can't tell you yet. Besides, I don't think I'm the right position to. You'll know someday, okay? I promise."

He stood up and pulled me up, taking me by the wrist and taking my bags before we left and saw L sitting at the sidewalk kicking a pebble back and forth in deep thought.

 

L Kim. Why do you keep on intruiging me? Your brick walls are too strong and high for me to look through and break through. 

 


welp. finally updated after ages!! you guys are the best okay ;; i rarely update yet you guys stay with me ;; emotions are overflowing *^* lol

 

well, yes. this is one of my favorite chapters so far. it's starting to get interesting, huh? no? okay :c better chapters ahead to anticipate! the plot gets better and better. g a s p.

why did Woohyun want to see L's reaction?

why did L react like so? 

comment what you think! love you all~ 

-invisibledork