Chapter 9

Please, remember!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae stared at the walls of that house, totally frustrated. Ever since he'd left the hospital, his mother or Hajoon hadn't left him alone, and the memory he'd been desperate to see again in that place hadn't awakened a single memory, he'd only remembered the handsome face of the man from the hospital when he'd first woken up. 

 Her arm was numb from having her fiancé sleeping on it, so she carefully pulled it out from under her, pushed the sheets aside and carefully left the room. She quietly went downstairs and walked into the living room, letting herself fall back onto the sofa. 

 His mind was completely blank and he didn't know what to do to try and recover his memories.

 Perhaps a walk around the house would help him, since talking to the housekeeper was difficult as she always ran away from him.  

 He walked to the local garden and noticed a figure in the distance. In a hurry, he walked up to it and recognized the local gardener. 

 Hyukjae : Why take care of the plants at this hour, ajushi Yang? (he asked, as it wasn't even 5am)

 Ajushi Yang : Your mother doesn't like to be disturbed by the sound of scissors. 

 Hyukjae : Is that the only reason?

 Ajushi Yang : And what else would it be?

 Hyukjae : Maybe it's because no employee has looked at me since I turned around. 

 

The older man stopped what he was doing, looked around for a few seconds and then returned his attention to the tree he was dealing with. 

 Ajushi Yang : It's not nice to stare at someone 

 Hyukjae : Why are you hiding something from me?

 Ajushi Yang : I'm sorry Mr. Lee, I don't know what you're talking about 

 Hyukjae : Your wife hesitates when she's in the same place as me 

 Ajushi Yang : She has respect, it's different

 Hyukjae : Is it something to do with that boy your wife sometimes meets in the coffee shop nearby? (the man looked at him) When I run through the streets at the end of the day, I see her with that boy and a child.

 Ajushi Yang : He's an estranged nephew 

 

 The younger man laughed nasally and looked away. 

 Hyukjae : I hate it when people lie to me 

 Ajushi Yang : Are you sure you don't remember anything? (looked him in the eye)

 Hyukjae : Unfortunately not (sighed in frustration)

 Ajushi Yang : And don't you think it's time to go after the answers? 

 Hyukjae : What do you know about my life?

 Ajushi Yang : It's not up to me to tell you, it's up to Hyukjae to find the answers.

 Hyukjae : I don't know where to start

 Ajushi Yang : Yes you do, just follow your heart (smiled) Now I have to go 

 

 The younger boy stood there for a few more minutes processing those words and closed his eyes, focusing on his heart. However, the face of the handsome man who was with him at the hospital and who was meeting Mrs. Yang was what came to mind.

The day dawned with a few grayish clouds that hid the sun's rays. Donghae had woken up feeling melancholy, and once again his side was cold and empty. She hugged her husband's pillow, which, no matter how much she washed it, still smelled of Hyukjae's cologne. 

 She felt a slight kick in her belly and smiled; her baby had woken up too, she was entering her fifth month and for the first time she wouldn't feel a big, heavy hand against her belly to feel her son's movements.

 Donghae : I miss you too baby (he whispered, sticking his hand where he was still being kicked) But I'll be strong for the three of us  

  

 The brunette got up calmly, even though he was barefoot, and walked towards his little girl's room, who was still a little sleepy in her crib. He took the little one on his lap, kissed her cheek and began his usual routine. 

 The doorbell rang and this surprised the pregnant woman, who looked at her watch to see that it was only 10am. None of her friends were up early on a Saturday, so she left her little one in her playground and went to answer the door. 

 As soon as she opened the door, her face turned sour as she met the man who called himself her husband's fiancé. 

 Hajoon : Good morning (he said with a cheerfulness that anyone would envy)

 Donghae : What are you doing here?

 Hajoon : What a mood (he grimaced) I've come to bring y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter