Chapter 1

Please, remember!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The distinctive smell of alcohol and plastic was in the noses of everyone who passed through the pale white corridors that made up the place.

 The irritating noises of the machine that connected the wires to the body asleep in that bed were torturous for the visitor, even more so when they were connected to the person they loved the most. 

 His skin was paler and colder than usual, that band around his scalp showing perfectly that this was the area where he had been injured and placed in that hospital bed. 

 A small hand intertwined its fingers with the larger, cold hand; the ring that had been on the patient's left hand now had its place on the small hand that was holding him.

 XXX : Please wake up, Hyuk (he whispered, still the hand) Gyeom is homesick and so am I (he sniffled slightly) And there's news to tell you (he left his other hand on his stomach) What you wanted so much has happened again (he smiled with tears in his eyes) Please come back to me

 

 A few knocks were heard on the hospital room door.

 YYY : Donghae, it's time to go (a caring voice said) 

 Donghae : Teuk hyung (called him tearfully)

 Leeteuk : I know, but we have to go

The brunette nodded and got up from the chair where he was sitting, said goodbye to his still sleeping husband and left accompanied by the other.

 Donghae : Hyung (sniffling)

 Leeteuk : I know Hae (hugged the brunette) I know my dongsaeng 

 

 The older man let the younger one cry in his arms. 

 Every time he left Hyukjae's room, he also felt the urge to cry, but he had to stay strong in front of Donghae so as not to let him break down completely. 

 It had been more than two months since Hyukjae had been in that hospital without showing any signs of waking up, after a road accident while riding his motorcycle through the streets of Seoul to go to his hyung Leeteuk and Kangin's engagement dinner, Donghae was already there with their daughter. 

 Donghae : Why doesn't Hyuk wake up?

 Leeteuk : I don't know, my little fish, but everything will be fine (he wiped the other's wet cheek) Do you want me to go with you to get Gyeom?

 Donghae : Kyun said he'd pick her up and then come over.

 Leeteuk : Is Kyuhyun still sleeping at your house?

 Donghae : He asked to stay over these days and things aren't going well with Sungmin hyung either. 

 Leeteuk : Right (took a deep breath) Let's go then, we still have to see that baby (put his hand on the brunette's 4-month-old belly)

 Donghae : Yes (swallowed) I just wish Hyuk was with me right now. 

Leeteuk : I know Hae, we all want him back awake (left a kiss on the little one's forehead) But now let's go so we don't miss the appointment

 

 The two of them started walking through the hospital corridors towards the maternity rooms for Donghae's routine appointment. 

 While they waited for the brunette's name to be called, he ended up having a memory when his gaze caught on his left hand. 

 Flashback : 

 Donghae was patiently waiting for his name to be called and fiddling with his phone, when he noticed Hyukjae arriving, totally out of breath, with his motorcycle helmet in his hand. 

 Hyukjae : I'm not late, am I? (asked worriedly) <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter