Rome

The Singer's Dream 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene's POV:

I didn't expect to find her here in all of the places I would find her back in Korea, dito pa sa Italy muling nag-krus ang landas namin. She wears glasses now like I do. Same frame pa kami. She looks y and smart, well she is smart. I took a vacation here for 12 days, para lang maikot ko ang buong Europa. First stop ko is Milan Italy but now needed to board the train going to Rome, I would eventually go through other countries and the final stop was in France, Paris. I wanted to see what Wendy was talking about, ever since we became a couple, she always told me about her time in Italy, dahil sa kinailangan ng mommy nya na mag-stay sa Italy for a couple of years. She told me with sparks in her eyes how good the food was, she has met a lot of wonderful people according to her. Ever since we broke up, I never stopped wondering what it was like to stay in Italy and other european countries.

I took this trip as a way for me to close the chapter about Wendy. Then, I met her here. Right when I was about to board the train. It felt like we never even broken up, the three hours we spent on the train felt like a three year long catch up, like everything we were up to leading us here, we have talked about it. She wrote me songs all through out the years, some she revealed just now. She has started to write sad songs again just a month after we have broken up.

I sat across her now at a small local restaurant in Rome, lunch time na, punuan ang mga restaurants sa dami ng turista.

"Alam mo ba mine, Italy closes its shops on Sundays, they won't resume business until 11 am Monday." She told me.

"Bakit naman?" I asked her.

"Kasi, diba sa Christianity, pinapaniwalaan nila that Sunday is the Sabbath day, the 7th day where the Lord God rested from creating our world." She said brightly at me.

"I see." I said to her as we waited for our orders.

"So bukas Saturday, asahan mo madaming tao, kasi ang mga locals namimili ng groceries nila for the week. Yung iba Saturday is the day every family goes to malls or squares or parks." She said smiling.

"Wow, iba talaga ang residente na ng bansang ito. Alam na alam." I said to her, teasing her lightly.

"Mine, mag-ikot-ikot tayo sa mga shops mamaya, baka may magustuhan kang bilin." She said to me.

"Okay." I said to her.

Our orders were served, two plates of Cacio e Pepe was served. Isa daw ito sa masarap na pasta dishes na inooffer sa Italy. Then some pastries and soups, vegetables, fish and meats were also laid out on our table. Seung-wan smiled back at the waiter as she said.

"Grazie Mille, Sigñore." She said to the waiter.

"That means thank you very much, sir." She said to me.

"A ok." I said smiling at her.

"Ang una nating kakainin ay yung soup, tapos the pasta and then fish tapos finally yung meat. Tapos for dessert these pastries will be good." She said smiling at me as she placed one of the small soup bowls into my plate.

"This soup is called Stracciatella, parang egg drop soup siya mine, tapos ang primo natin is yung pasta." She said smiling.

Humigop na ako ng sabaw, the soup was delicious and had the texture of an egg drop soup, koreans usually eat soup with Rice along some other banchans na mga ginisang gulay, pickled vegetables and meats as well as seafood. Ibang iba dito sa Italy, dito may iba't-ibang portion ang pagkain, may antipasto, primo, segondo at contorno. Ang antipasto or appetizers that we had while waiting for our orders were salami, panchetta, slices of cheese and crackers, some olives.

Our lunch was good, we both ate well and heartily. We went around some shops, we agreed to meet back at the Piazza Navona, nasa gilid ito ng shopping complex kung nasaan kami ngayon. Sabi nya may kikitain daw siyang kaibigan, baka daw mabored ako kaya we both agreed to meet at the piazza. Everything here seemed like a fairy tale to me, she was on her way here to begin with kaya hindi na ako nagtanong kung sino ang kikitain nya. I trust Wendy so much all through the years. Kahit minsan, I never doubted her choices.

Mom and Hyeori loved her so much, I lived my life with her peacefully, though I became known as the First Lady Blue Moon, I lived the limelight myself, I starred in several CFs with Seung-wan. Even after we have broken up, there were some big companies who offered me CFs, I accepted them graciously under SM Entertainment, lingid sa kaalaman ni Seung-wan. I signed a contract under her label to manage my career as a model for various products.

All the staff I had been with knew about me and Seung-wan. They took care of me and tried to cheer me up with bits and pieces of news about my then ex Seungwan kahit na sinabi ko na sa kanilang tapos na kami ni Seungwan, everyone hoped we would get back with each other. I never admitted it to anyone, but somehow I hoped we would get back too. I hoped this day would come.

The hardest part in the last two years was escaping Seungwan's influence in my life. It was as if every where I went, only memories of Seungwan and I existed, it was as if I never led my life with out her. Parang buong buhay ko siya na ang laman ng bawat araw ko. These were my thoughts as I walked into several shops, trying to find small th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter