Bonjour!

The Singer's Dream 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy's POV:

We bade goodbye to the city of Amsterdam. Ngayon nasa tren na kami patungo sa France, Joohyun slept half of the time we travelled to France. She is now awake peeling her fruits and feeding me from time to time. I knew that Joohyun was hurt with my decisions seemingly eons ago. Kaya laking gulat ko kahapon nang sabihin nya sa akin na takot na syang mag-tiwala sa akin. Joohyun had been through everything, her ex Jin have scarred her for life, like a damaged pottery that had cracks in them. Joohyun-ah was similar to a damaged pottery, despite this she trusted me and loved me back then. She became a different Joohyun, going as far as making love with me. Joohyun wanted to save her ity and lived a celibate life all through her college and early years as a teacher. But for me, she tried and was wild in bed, often surprising me with new things to try.

I let her go and I healed myself to take her back once the universe allowed it. This European trip was my sign that we are indeed meant to be and written in the stars. How could we meet at the Centrale among millions of people walking in and out of the Centrale, us finding each other unexpectedly was a sign from the Lord that we were destined to be together. Like my new song I released recently, One of these nights. That was my promise song to her, that one of these days or years, I will find her. I was fully healed when I started to write this song, it told of how my life stopped that night that I broke up with her and ever since then, I've been missing her and longing for her. I wasn't writing songs right now, this could wait until I get back to Korea. For now, I am trying to enjoy my time with Joohyun.

"Mine, sa K-Town or China-town tayo ulit mag-brunch, please. Tutal naman eh last stop na natin to at may second and third day pa naman eh." She said pouting at me suddenly.

"Okay po, mine." I replied to her with a smile.

"Ay ang dali kausap." Joohyun replied with a tease.

"Yah! Lagi namang ikaw ang masusunod eh. Kelan ba ako humindi sayo, mine?" She protested.

"I know mine and I am grateful for that. I was just teasing you." She said pouting.

"Aigoo, this pretty baby. Bonjour, Mon Lapin." I replied to her as I cupped both her cheeks with my hands.

She's really pretty even if she's spacing out, I really don't see myself letting her go again. Whether I admit it or not the last two years were the hardest when I let her go. I won't subject to myself to that kind of pain ever again. I won't be able to live with that kind of pain again. It was a mistake to let her go and I wish it was easy as saying I love her. I wish it was easy as writing songs, because writing a whole album of songs was easier than the pain I inflicted upon myself when I let Joohyun go two years ago.

"Eh? What do you mean?" Irene asked me, her cute brow raised.

"Bonjour, means Good Morning in French. Mon Lapin means My Rabbit. You look like a fluffy rabbit." I replied to her with a smile.

"I love rabbits, pero hindi ko sila kamukha. Malayo." She replied.

"Oo kaya, kamukha mo sila." I replied and squeezed both her cheeks a little.

I got my phone out and looked up rabbits eating, I downloaded the first photo and then took Joohyun's photo chewing something. I made a collage of both of the images and then showed her.

"Look oh." I replied to her as I showed the collage to her.

She bursts out laughing obnoxiously loud. Her laugh filled the private cart we boarded in.

"Mine naman eh! That rabbit is cute though." She replied still laughing and hitting my arm.

"You are my rabbit. Mon Lapin." I replied to her laughing along.

She scoots beside me eventually and laid her head on my shoulder, tumigil na din kami sa pag-tawa namin.

"J'etaime Mon Lapin." I broke the silence that engulfed us both.

"I love you too, mine." She replied.

"I am excited to come back to Korea." I replied to her.

"I am too. I can't wait to tell Seulgi and her wife Naeun. Four years na silang kasal ni Besh Seulgi." She replied.

"Oo nga eh, they were the last wedding we attended together." She followed up.

"Yeah. I remember. I sang for both of them even. I sang Light me up on their first dance. How can I forget it? That night you looked more like an ethereal goddess or a queen. I can't get that night off my mind." I replied to her.

It is true, that was the night that made me want to heal for Irene. I wanted to be able to really forgive Somi and bury what ever we had and move on finally. That night I looked at Irene and told myself, I wanted to marry her someday. Here I am now, on a train going to France. By the end of this trip, I will be proposing to her and I hope she says yes. I want to take care of her and love her the way she desrves to be loved.

Soon, the P.A. System sounded, we were 15 minutes away from France. Joohyun and I got our baggages ready. When the train stopped, we started to alight the train and walked out of the train station. We took a cab going to K-Town at the heart of Paris. We'll have a proper Korean breakfast and then we'll check into our hotel to rest and then we'll meet Katarina to hand me the engagement ring I bought from Damiani.

Irene and I held hands through out the ride, she is still unaware of the surprise I was brewing up for her. Napag-kasunduan na namin ng mga kaibigan at buong pamilya namin ang gagawin ko. They agreed to hand Irene a piece of white rose na may naka-attach kung saan sya next na pupunta, hanggang makarating sya sa Eiffel Tower. Kung saan ko siya kakantahan ng Written in the stars habang tumutugtog ako ng gitara. Because the original song was written and sang in a piano. I thought it would be better when played in a guitar. Kung saan mas highlighted ang boses ko kesa sa piano.

Everyone knew I could play the Piano, Guitar, Saxophone and flute. In fact I once played the guitar for SM Rookies' Cover of Taylor Swift's Speak Now. It was 1 minute and 33 seconds video uploaded on SM's Youtube Page. It was an evaluation that was uploaded as an SM Rookie Video. I asked Hope Unnie to bring my guitar, portable amplifier and portable microphone and stand. She said yes thankfully otherwise I'd be left in my phone and apps. Hope Unnie loved Irene very much so that she's willing to carry those things for me for a day. Bukas ang dating nila sa Paris, they'll stay in an adjacent room to us, while Seulgi and Naeun will stay adjacent to Hope Unnie and Mom's room, Joy and Yerin will be staying in one of the rooms across ours. They'll be receiving a text from me when Irene and I goes to the Louvre.

Today, we'll do our usual brunch, nap then tour some of the museums around the city. There must've been atleast three more near the Louvre. We will stay at Hotel De Lille, just across the Louvre. Antonio already booked four rooms for us, all we needed to do was show up to the hotel. I can't wait to see my family, Mom, Hope Unnie and Joy. The walk going to Eiffel Tower was about 47 minutes, because of this, at some point, I would have some one to her in a bike ride going to The Eiffel Tower. Seulgi would be the one to ride the bike and Joohyun to me. I already told Seulgi about this, pero hanggang ngayon wala pa din siyang reply sa text ko sa kanya.

I set that thought aside as I sat with Joohyun at a small cozy restaurant named Akasaka in K-Town France. I researched this place and found good reviews on Yelp abd other online food review sites. A bubbly woman approached our table and said.

"Good morning, my name is Yeji and I will be servi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter