Venice Trip

The Singer's Dream 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy's POV:

It took her 30 minutes of napping by the 15th minute, I woke up from the nap and continued to write my song. Una, I stayed in bed with her, but because I was afraid to interrupt the angel's sleeping, I decided to sit at the couch and continued composing my song. I was already done with the lyrics, but I needed to work on the melody. Now we are off to Venice Grand Canal to ride a gondola around Venice Grand Canal. That is our first order of business. Antonio informed me to look for his friend Gabrielli Maraboli a gondola tour stationed near the hotel we were staying at. I saw a Gondola as soon as we got out of the Hotel. A bunch actually parked near the hotel. I went towards the gondola drivers or whatever they call them and asked.

"Excussa me, I am looking for Gabrielli Maraboli. I am a former classmate of his Friend Antonio Rizzo." I asked the drivers.

"That is me! You must be Wendy Shon?" Gabrielli greeted me.

"Si, señore. I am Wendy Shon.  My girlfriend and I wanted a tour of the Venice Grand Canal." I answered him.

"Okay! Hop on over here." Gabrielli motioned for us.

I went in first, then once I was in his Gondola, I readied myself to assist Joohyun in riding the Gondola. She swiftly alighted the gondola with little help from me and Gabrielli. She sat with me at the gondola as Gabrielli stirred the gondola. Soon we floated off through out the canal. Gabrielli started to speak about the buildings surrounding us. We looked at the buildings, though I was more paying attention towards Joohyun. Joohyun's eyes sparkled as she looked at the wonders before us. My heart is grateful that I got to take her on this trips. To personally witness the awe and wonder in her eyes. Although Joohyun wouldn't normally come with me during a boating trip, she agreed to do this gondola ride as opposed to us walking through out the canal. I pulled Joohyun close to me as we sat and saw the sites, the castles and the palaces floating through the canal. She briefly looked back at me with excitement in her eyes.

"Thank you for taking me here mine." She said.

"Anything for you Joohyun-ah." I answered her.

The tour continued and as we got  to one of the bridges, Gabrielli said.

"When we pass under the Rialto Bridge, utter your wishes and they will come true according to a legend. It is believed that many of the people who once lived here, have had their wishes for a good life come true. No harm in trying. Then please look to the south to see the majestic lagoon." Gabrielli said.

Joohyun and I did as we were told, right after passing under the Rialto Bridge, we got off to continue our tour of Venice this time by foot. I paid Gabrielli 100 Euros the whole trip costed only 20 Euros but left him an 80 Euro tip, he smiled at Joohyun and I, before saying "Arrivadecci! Grazie Mille Wendy!" We continued our trip by foot and went to the buildings around the Grand Canal. We went to San Marco Bassilica.

By dinner we went to Pizzeria Sansovino. We had a pepperoni and margherita pizza and pomodoro pasta for dinner. We ate heartily, Joohyun was eating well. Though she had a frail stature, she eats very well. In the three years we spent, we ate everything imaginable, but she only gained ¼ of the things we ate. Unlike me, who needed to constantly excercise, Joohyun barely gained a pound. If she did gain some, she'd quickly lose them the following hour. That is why her stylist couldn't find clothes that fit her. Everything had to be made especially for her or altered after buying them.

Korean designers were challenged by her, which is why she was the most sought after face of brands. She was recently signed as Prada's brand ambassador, Prada which is based in Milan, Italy. She might have been in Milan to visit.

"Mine, quick question, were you able to visit the Prada Headquarters in Milan?" I asked her.

"I did. It was actually because of them why I also had to fly to Italy aside from the fact that I was planning my vacation here too." She said in between a big bite of pizza.

"I see." I said smiling at her.

Though it was the evening here in Venice, because of the Summer Solstice, 7 p.m. isn't as dark as it was in Korea. The sun is still out and is shining brightly as if it was only the afternoon. Joohyun and I had some more time to go to a museum. After dinner, we went to the Glass Museum, the last of the Museums here in Venice. We did a good job of checking out every museum. Soon, it was already dark, around 11 p.m. Joohyun and I walked hand in hand back to our Hotel.

The streets of Venice are quiet,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter