Juliet's House

The Singer's Dream 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene's POV:

We woke up early today for a trip to Juliet's house, a famous landmark at Verona, Italy. Where Romeo and Juliet once lived. Kararating lang namin sa Verona, waiting for Wendy's old friend who was supposed to show us around. Antonio came eventually, he wore a black shirt that said Rizzo Tours. He smiled at us upon coming into the café where Wendy and I decided to get breakfast.

"Ciao! Wendy!" He greeted Wendy!

"Ciao, Bella!" He greeted me.

"Is this your girlfriend?" Antonio asked Wendy.

"Yes she is. Irene, this is Antonio Rizzo, Antonio, Irene Bae, my girlfriend." Wendy introduced us.

I shook his hand after the brief introduction.

"Come stai?" Antonio said to Wendy.

"Va bene cosi." Wendy said smiling at Antonio.

"Tutto bene, Wendy. It's been so long since we've last seen each other, I am happy to know that you are a singer now, it was fitting for you to become one. Irene, you are lucky to have Wendy." Antonio said to me.

After pausing for a while he smiled and said.

"She is the best person to have around, she'll never abandon you, her heart might run free from time to time but she always finds her way back to the arms of the person she loves truly, do you get me Irene?" He asked me.

"I do get you, we've recently experienced it." I said smiling shyly at him.

"Bene, bene." Antonio said smiling.

"Wendy, my friend, how is Korea treating you? I have listened to every song you have released, although it was not in Italian, I especially love the song Eyes locked, Hands locked. It was a beautiful song." Antonio commented.

"Did you really? Grazie mille Antonio. I actually wrote that for Irene." She said smiling.

"Ah si? I also love the other song you recently released, One of these Nights, it was so emotional. It was like full of regrets and crushed dreams. Something you might have felt all through out the years, I am so happy that you are well by the looks of it now. Especially with Irene." Antonio said.

"I also wrote that song for Irene." Wendy chuckled lightly at Antonio.

"You did?! Ayayay! Wendy, what happened to you and this beautiful woman?" Antonio asked Wendy.

"Somewhere along the last two years, my heart and mind was not in the right place, I let her go and we've just gotten back a day ago." Wendy said smiling.

She shortened the whole deal, I remember vividly that night she asked to break up with me. My heart was crushed and it felt heavy for me, ever since then I was at an utter loss with my life as much as I wanted to replace Wendy in my mind and heart, I couldn't. Hindi ko makakalimutan ang nagiisang tao na minahal ako ng lubos kagaya ng pagmamahal sa akin ni Daddy.

The three years we have spent together were my most treasured memories. Everyday I still think of them and smile. My mom and my sister in particular have always loved Wendy for me, they approve of her, she was simply the best daughter-in-law for them. Mom designed the garden of Wendy's Mom, they talked to each other too, ako pa ang nasusurpresa madalas sa kanilang dalawa. Just when I thought that both of our Moms will not get along, the fact that they keep in touch with each other means a lot to me.

I haven't spoken to mom in a day, I'll call them later tonight via Skype. Once Seung-wan and I have settled on a hotel, we'll be going around cities mostly. That was what we planned, I had to cancel many reservations last night, dahil nga kasama ko na si Seung-wan. I had my luggage and backpack with me. Buying trinkets for my sister, mom and best friend Seulgi as souvenirs for them had been the goal of my trip. Dahil hindi ko sila kasama.

It was my first travel outside of Korea and the first ever solo trip I had, the odds were in my favor because I found Seung-wan unexpectedly, I have since said yes to her again, I still wore the ring she and I made seemingly eons ago on our 6th Monthsary, we created our rings, we engraved it ourselves, melded and shaped and polished it ourselves. It was one of my life's treasures, kaya magmula ng maisuot ko ito, I never removed it.

Though I don't understand what Seung-wan and Antonio were saying, I was just happy to meet people from Wendy's life, they were once part of her world, part of who she was, who she became as a whole person, I've been curious to get to know them all. Now that Antonio was here with us, to take us on a tour, I couldn't help but be thankful to her friends, the support they have had over the years was amazing, Antonio supported Seung-wan's career as an artist. Kahit pa ilang taon na ang lumipas since naghiwalay sila ng landas ni Wendy.

I have had so many friends as a kindergarten teacher, but I only trust my best friend Seulgi. Wendy was lucky to have a lot of people she could trust and rely on, I was lucky indeed to find an enduring love with Wendy. She proved me wrong, all these years we were apart it was as if nothing changed, she was still the warm and jolly person I knew and have become in love with seemingly eons ago.

After we finished eating breakfast, Antonio brought us to his car and drove down along the streets, the place was well preserved, houses of old style and modern alike littered the street

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter