Day after the Proposal

The Singer's Dream 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene's POV:

We woke up and had breakfast on the go, we ordered from Mcdonald's Drive through. We had Croissants and Coffee while I had Hot Chocolate. We ate our breakfast as we travelled to the airport with Fanily and Friends. Seulgi and Naeun helped me pack my now full luggage. She got her stuffed bears and other bear trinkets I found through out our European trip. Hyeori and my Mother Hyuna, got their scarves and Keychains. Naeun meanwhile got all of her chocolates. The rest of the chocolates was mine. Soon, we reached the airport. Auntie Jung-hee returned the rental van at the car rental's office in the airport, Seungwan and I sat at a café inside the airport, waiting for her Mother, we bought some more pastries from the café, bibit din namin ang snacks na binili namin kagabi. I still wore our ring as well as the engagement ring she gave me last night. I was truly surprised by her proposal and all of the familiar people we both knew was there. My best friend Seulgi included and her wife Naeun. I could just imagine how much she spent to pull this off. Seulgi and Naeun suddenly asked where we were going to land, snapping me back to reality. In about 10 hours and 50 minutes, we will arrive in Seoul.

"I land in Seoul and will be staying there for a bit, para sa BlueMooners Meeting natin, kung gusto nyo ni Naeun, magstay din muna kayo bago kayo bumalik sa Jeju." I replied to her.

Although it was summer in Korea, I worried that the pair would have to do something and needed to go back to Jeju right away.

"Ayos lang kami ni Naeun we can stay with you for a few days." Seulgi answered.

"Doon na lang kayo magstay sa hotel room ko, inyo na yun, tas sasama na lang ako kay Wannie sa bahay nya, malapait lang din yung hotel ko sa condo ni Wannie." Seungwan just smiled at my friends before finally speaking.

"Oo nga, doon na lang kayo sa hotel room ni Joohyun, para naman masolo ko si Joohyun." Her brows going up and down.

"Hahahahahahahaha! Mine naman eh! Nakakahiya kay Seulgi at Naeun." I replied and my cheek quickly turned from white to a tinge of pinkish red. 

"We'll be fine, Joohyun-nie, hindi na bago sa amin si Seungwan. Sanay na kami by this time sa mga jokes nya." Naeun answered for Seulgi.

We were interrupted by our sisters as they arrived in the café shortly. 

"Unnie! Gutom na ako ulit." Hyeori complained  to me.

I took out some cash in my pocket and handed it over to Hyeori.

"Eto, bumili ka ng makakakain mo." I replied to Hyeori.

Seung-hee Unnie sat in our table and smiled at me and our friends. 

"Grabe, hindi ako maka-paniwala na engaged na kayo ni Wannie." Seunghee Unnie said out of nowhere.

Hyeori flashes a smile and goes to the café's register to order her food.

"Maniwala ka na Hope Unnie." Wendy said smiling at her older sister.

"Wannie, pag-lapag natin sa airport, paano kayo ni Joohyun? Paano kung may magtanong sa inyo? Lalo na yang singsing na suot ni Joohyun?" Seunghee Unnie asked Wendy.

"Ah, Unnie. Ayaw pa ni Joohyun na sabihin namin sa press or sa public na engaged na kami. Hindi na lang kami magsasalita. Pwede rin namang magkaibigan lang kami muna."

"Paano nga kung may makalita sa inyo?" Unnie Seunghee reiterated.

"Unnie, let's just trust Joohyun and let us figure out what we should do." Wendy answered and gave a pleading look to Seunghee Unnie.

Wendy held my hand underneath the table to comfort me. It was after all my wish not to make a big fuss of us getting engaged. In my mind, let them talk, let them speculate and I wanted Wendy to learn not to pay much attention to the Korean Press and other antis out there. I want her to live her life without worrying about what the press and her antis might say.

"Can we excuse ourselves?" I said to no one in particular to our table before standing up and dragging Wendy with me to a bathroom outside of the café.

At nang naka-pasok na kami sa bathroom, I turned and faced a doe eyed wandering Wendy.

"I'm sorry if you have to speak up kay Hope Unnie. I just want to clarify why I don't want to announce our engagement. See, before I met you, I was a simple woman, minding my own business and admiring you from afar. Alam ko tingin mo mas mabuti na i-reveal mo to sa press. I-I... I just don't want you being wary of the press, that is not why I fell in love with you, I fell in love with Son Seungwan, Wendy Shon, Wendy Son, the artist who doesn't care if the press or her anti-fans talk bad about her. I fell in love with your carefree and nonchalant demeanor. I also don't want our rekindled relationship under scrutiny to the public, in fact, I don't want any of the attention. I am fine with a few friends and out closest family knowing." I said to her.

"Alam ko naman, mine. I understand your point, but what if I want to marry you next year? While I'm on a long hiatus?" She replied, which stunned me.

"I-I haven't even thought about getting married that early." I said mustering the courage I have long avoided since last night.

"Okay." She said nonchalntly, which worries me.

She turns away from me and started walking to the door when, I stopped her by giving her a backhug.

"I'm sorry, mine. I didn't mean for those words to hurt you." I said to her as I tried to tighten the hug and she tries to get away from it.

She heaves and I saw her tears pouring down fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter