Hello, Korea?!

The Singer's Dream 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy's POV:

We saw the headline of us hugging and I honestly thought that Korean News Outlets are really fast. They even put a sticker to one of the photos. Ugh! They are so annoying! I looked at Joohyun's slightly panicked face.

"They're really fast, aren't they?" She said in disbelief.

I could only nod at her and said.

"Don't worry, we'll get through everything together. I've already told SM Entertainment that we have gotten back together and I am planning to propose to you and that I wanted them to shut their mouths until we are ready to come out. SM Respected my decisions and they will have everything under control." I replied to her.

"Trust me, Joohyun-ie." I followed up.

"I trust you, Seungwan-ie. I-I just didn't see this coming. I understand now why you wanted to do a press conference about our engagement. I'm sorry, Wannie." She replied to me.

I focused on the task ahead, we got our baggages from the conveyor belt, Joohyun like wise got her own baggages. Seulgi, Naeun and the rest of our family looked at us with worry.

"Wannie?" Hope Unnie called my attention.

"Unnie?" I replied to her.

"The press already published an article about you and Joohyun-ah." Hope Unnie said.

"I know, Unnie. Don't worry okay? Joohyun-ie and I got this." I replied to my sister.

"Where is your security team?" Mom asked me.

"They're over there." I pointed at Doyeon and her team approaching us.

Doyeon smiled lovingly at Joohyun and I.

"Congratulations on your engagement." Doyeon said in a hushed town.

Joohyun and the rest of my family handed our bags to the security team. As the team surrounded us and helped us walk out of the airport. As usual, all of the reporters took photos of us as we walked hand in hand. Joohyun wore her engagement ring on her right middle finger so as to not cause any ruckus. She cunningly hid the center stone towards her palm. She walked with her head down and holding my arm and hand intertwined. She looked so cute trying to hide her face from the flashing cameras. She normally doesn't even flinch when the press took photos of her on the red carpet. Now, she is the shy Joohyun I first loved. I squeezed her hand trying to comfort her. She looked up at me and offered a small smile, she nestled her head into my arms as we walked to the door.

"Joohyun-ie, we're almost out, the press people are already waiting behind those doors, a quick wave and smile then we'll board my van. We got this." I said looking at her lovingly.

"We got this." She said, her voice barely audible, as there were reporters around us, trying to ask us questions, the security politely telling them to back off.

"Wannie, we're in this together." She smiled before we took another step outside.

Flashing cameras from all directions greeted us, we smiled and waived at them briefly before we were whisked away to my van. The other family members were whisked into another van. Our friends was whisked into the same van as us. They sat at the back and right after our doors closed, both of them sighed.

"Good job, Wan." Seulgi said smiling.

"You both cooly greeted the press with a smile and waived at them. You both are the coolest couple I know." Naeun said excitedly.

"All in a day's work." I replied to Naeun.

"Totally cool and unfazed. WenRene couple is the best." Seulgi said excitedly.

"Thank you, Seul and Naeun." Irene said smiling.

My driver got inside the car and drove us off to my condo.

"Changmin, can we make a quick stop at a restaurant? We're hungry." I asked my driver Changmin.

"Sure, Wandy." Changmin said and smiled as he took a left to the nearest Korean Restaurant.

I got down from the car, I was sure the press was following us as I hurriedly walked into the restaurant. I ordered 19 Bibimbaps, Three Family Sized Kimchi Jjigae, and 5 bottles of 2 Liter Sodas. 8 of the bibimbaps were for the driver and security team, I also got them one Family Sized Kimchi Jjigae and Two Bottles of Soda. I paid the total at the cashier and waited for my orders. Once they were served, I quickly got out of the restaurant and rode the car. Changmin drove again as soon as I sat down and was buckled up.

I put all of the items for the security and in a bag, separating ours. Soon, we arrived at my Condo. I went ahead and gave the food to my driver and told him to share it with the security team. Changmin smiled and said.

"Thank you, Wandy." He said with a bow.

"Welcome, you can get our baggages and put it in my condo first. Then eat brunch later." I informed him.

He bowes reverently to Joohyun and I. To which we bowes down in return. Joohyunn and I walked to the elevator with Seulgi and Naeun following behind us. I pressed the up button and waited for the door to open. A few moments went by and the elevator finally opened. I alighted with Joohyun and pressed 17th floor. Joohyun was beside me while Naeun and Seulgi was on our right. I looked at Joohyun and eventually gave her a short hug.

"Mine, thank you." I whispered into the quick hug.

"For?" She replied with her brows furrowed at me.

"For going back with me." I replied.

"Wala yun Seungwan. I should be the one thanking you for proposing to me." Irene replied.

"Thank you din at pumayag ka na magpakasal sakin." I replied to her.

"Oi, Wannie, andito pa kami. Baka lang nakakalimutan nyo." Seulgi interrupted our little moment as the evator door opened.

"Hindi ko nakakalimutan Seul-gomdori." I replied to her with a laugh.

"Kala ko naka-linutan nyo eh." Seulgi said.

We alighted the elevator and walked into my unit. Pagka-pasok namin, I went to my room to deposit my bag and Irene's bag. I went and changed into comfortable house clothes. I went out to find both our families are already in the living room. Hyeori greeted me and said.

"Wow! Unnie, sayo ito?" Hyeori asked me.

"Oo, sakin ang unit, regalo ng parents ko sakin." I replied to Hyeori.

"Omo! You are indeed rich." Hyeori exclaimed.

"Uy, hindi ako mayaman, binigay lang sakin tong unit. I still pay the month home owner dues." I said smiling at Hyeori.

"Omo. Omo. This looks beautiful." Hyeori said as she inspected a portrait of Joohyun and I, I remembered framing up one of the shots we took from a clothing brand, it was a candid shot of us which the photographer took while we were on break. Joohyun's smile on this photo was angelic and almost ethereal. She looked beautiful in this shot, which is why the Photographer took the photo and sent us a hard copy of the photo afterwards as a thank you for the work Joohyun and I have done. I was the one who framed that portrait. I still had it displayed in here to remind me of my goals of healing myself and being sure that it is Joohyun that I love and not Somi. It reminded me of who Joohyun was to my life and there are times when I longed to see Joohyun's smile and the way she impacted everything in my life. The last 5 years, it was just Joohyun and my memories of her that kept me going and upright. I chuckled almost to myself as Seulgi and Naeun came near Hyeori who has lifted the frame and looked at the photo closely. 

"Oh." Seulgi said softly.

"Gosh, you and Irene are really made for each other." Naeun said upon seeing the photo.

"Right, Naeun Unnie. They look good together, look at how Irene Unnie smiled. She's so pretty here." Hyeori praised her Unnie.

Joohyun came to the living room to see what the ruckus was about. She saw the photo that Hyeori, Seulgi and Naeun were looking at and smiled at me after taking a peek. 

"This was for Miu Miu, it was our break." Irene said eventually.

Everyone turned their eyes towards Irene who was smiling since she saw the photo.

"Bestie, never let go of Wannie okay? You two look good together." Seulgi said.

"Yeah, you both look like you guys are made from heaven, I wish to find something like your relationship, Unnie." Hyeori said dreamily.

Joohyun smacked Hyeori's head and said.

"Yah! Hyeori-yah! You're too young to have a relationship with anyone, so don't dream of it, don't be like me, I never had the chance to enjoy my single blessedness. No offense Wannie, but Hyeori, you need to be in a relationship after 5 years, so far you've only worked for 2 years." Joohyun said to Hyeori.

I could only giggle to myself as Hyeori got a tongue lashing from Irene. Soon, it was time for Irene, Naeun and Seulgi to check into Joohyun's hotel. So, Irene dropped the couple off and after she'll be attending her meeting with Taeyeon Unnie. Hyeori and Mommy Hyuna went to my mom's place. Hope Unnie meanwhile had to go back to work and managing my business. I was supposed to have a meeting with Mr. Lee so, I got ready for that meeting by taking a quick shower and getting dressed in my semi-formal attire and went down to the basement parking and drove to SM Entertainment Complex.

Irene's POV:

When I saw the photo from Seungwan's Condo, my eyes were stinging. It only meant that even though we broke up, she still kept me in her life through that photo. I know that Seungwan must've gone through so much in the last 2 years, I don't regret anything that happened within those two years, the only thing I regretted was leaving Wendy and not even trying to know anything about her activities even t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter