Touring the City of Amsterdam

The Singer's Dream 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene's POV:

We took a nap after a tense morning, I suddenly felt a pang of overwhelming fear of being left alone again. I woke up with Seungwan beside me, tinkering with her phone and singing a new song, she smiled at me the moment she noticed I was already awake. We are now touring the city and have been to the Van Gogh Museum and Canal Tour, we are now off to the Jewish Quarters Small Group Walking Tour where we will visit the Anne Frank House and their last known hiding place before being sent to Auschwitz-Birkenau, which was a Nazi Extermination and Concentration Camp where thousands of Jews were killed to the brink of starvation and exhaustion. I held Seungwan's hand as we sat at the bus, massaging her purlicue as I don't want to ruin our perfect day today, we already had a talk earlier about my fears and of course she already calmed me down, I saw in her eyes determination and passion, she didn't need to say anymore, especially when a lone tear escaped her eyes.

I have a lot of trauma stemming from my ex Jin and Seungwan leaving to find herself two years ago. I was scared of being left again and to find her in Italy and say yes when she asked me to be her girlfriend again felt like a rush to me, it felt like all of my resolve to forget her dissolved in mid-air, it was as if I was not mad at her to begin with and as if she didn't even left, it was as if I didn't hurt and asked a lot of questions. I let her back in because I believed in giving her another chance. After all, she never cheated on me. Unlike Jin, Seungwan was always a gentle and understanding person. She adjusts and loves until she could and when she could. Maybe that's why we were at peace when we broke up, I never told Mom about Seungwan's past, I told her we were just tired of each other and it was me who broke up with her, all to protect her and her reputation. I somehow didn't want anyone saying Seungwan was a bad person or that she never deserves me. Because I know she deserves the love that I gave her. She deserves this chance, but I just couldn't forget that she left me traumatized and alone. I thought about our circumstances a lot and it has plagued me since that night I left our shared place in Seoul.

Seungwan was just humming to a familiar tune right now, she looks out the window as she hums to one of her songs, Eyes Locked, Hands Locked a song she wrote for me back when we first met. According to her the song was written for me, although I always doubted it, because how could she write such a song when she barely even knew me that time. I wish I was the person she was singing about when she sang Written in the stars. I knew it was someone else, but how I wish that was written for me.

"Mine, don't think about the what ifs, enjoy lang natin ang present. Hindi ko na yan gagawin ulit. Kasi sigurado na ako sayo." She said eventually.

I held her hand and simply kept quiet, because I don't want us to argue about getting back together. I trust Seungwan since the first time I've met her and even before I met her. There was just a connection between us, something unspoken but I definitely felt. She massages my purlicue using her thumb as we still held each other's hand. I watched as she kisses the back of my hand and she looks at me and smiled, the smile she gives when she's trying to be cute.

I couldn't help but smile back at her, I sighed and kept quiet until we reached the Jewish Quarters, we were greeted by a woman dressed in a polo shirt, jeans and rubber shoes, her shirt had a logo that reads Rizzo Tours and Travels stitched at the left side. She smiled at us and welcomed us warmly.

"Hello, you must be Wendy Shon and Irene Bae? My name is Marcela, I will be your tour guide for the Jewish Quarters Walking tour." She greeted us.

"Hello, Marcela!" We greeted her in chorus.

"Shall we start with the tour?" Marcela asked us with a smile.

"Yes, we could." Wendy answered.

We started the tour and we were shown around the Jewish Quarters, we reached the Franks' last known hiding place. The attic was smaller than it seemed in the book. Making me wonder how hard it must have been for the Franks' and Van Pels' family. All 8 of them cramped inside the space. I learned a lot on this tour, far more than the piblished book The Diary of Anne Frank. Before we knew it, we were done with the tour. Wendy and I thanked Marcela for showing us around.

Wendy and I then went to the city's shopping district at 9 streets to shop for our dresses. We found a shop called Miu Miu, they had a shop in Korea and I've worn some of their dresses such as the pleated cady dress I've worn for Wendy's year end award at the Asian Music Awards. She won that first year we were together for Song of the year and artist of the year. Both a difficult feat to achieve but she was the great Son Seungwan, Wendy Son and Wendy Shon.

We went around the shop in our separate ways. Soo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter