A night in Verona

The Singer's Dream 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy's POV:

We had so much fun touring with Antonio, halos lahat ata ng lugar dito sa Verona eh pinuntahan namin ni Irene. We are having currently an intimate dinner sa room. According to Antonio, the hotel we are staying at serves the best Veronese cuisine. We had to try it out, medyo napagod si Irene sa pagiikot sa buong probinsiya ng Verona kaya once maka-rating na kami sa hotel, Irene didn't want to go out anymore.

Isa pa, babyahe kami patungong Venice bukas, Irene packed some cold weather appropriate clothes with her for when we go to Switzerland, the problem with Switzerland is that the weather could be unpredictable though it was summer, given that Irene easily gets cold, her sweaters were thick knitted ones. Though the weather forecast said it was sunny there, pero mabuti na din ang handa kesa manigas si Irene sa lamig. Switzerland was 4 hours and 33 minutes away by train if we decide to not make stopovers in Germany. But I plan to make stopovers until we get to Amsterdam and make our way back to France on the final day.

She called her mother and sister earlier before dinner. I watched as they talked via Skype, each of them excited to hear about Irene's adventures. Irene also informed them that we got back together, her mother and sister acted surprised, kahit alam na nila kahapon pa na nagkabalikan na kami. It was part of my plan to propose to Irene. I have figured out the things I needed to do. I plan to go big and hard on this proposal. I tasked all my friends from Italy and Korea to help me along with my Unnie Hope, Mommy and her family and friends.

They have thankfully agreed to fly to Paris. Where everyone will surprise Irene with one long stemmed rose. The people we all knew and her best friend Seulgi. I had to cover for Seulgi's two way ticket to Paris. But what is a few hundred dollars if it means Irene will be surprised? I would give anything to see a smile on her face and to keep her smiling all through out the rest of her life. The plan was supposed to be a treasure hunt type of proposal, where she would be given a rose when we get out of our hotel, each stem of rose will narrate to her in future tense what was about to happen, given by my friends she didn't know about. Leading to the Eiffel Tower at Sunset, where the rest of our family is, they will hand her a similar rose, attached is the things she would do. If I would guess it right, she would have to turn her back and look for me, I will be behind her getting ready to propose with a song we are both familiar with, the song I initially wrote for her and by this time, I have a guitar with me and her ring.

It was going to be an exhilarating plan, thinking about her lovely face, as she turns towards me and looks at me with her eyes full of questions. Those eyes that talk to you, I love her eyes when she looks my way. In nine days, I will be proposing to the love of my life, the one I have always dreamed of being with, the one I always hoped for. I am excited as much as I am tensed about proposing to her when we just got back together. Pero naniniwala akong it is now or never. She was worth the two year wait. We are eating dinner right this moment, I looked at her lovingly, taking her all in.

"Mine, bakit ka nakatitig sakin, meron bang tinga sa ngipin ko?" She asked me becoming self conscious.

I shook my head no and eventually spoke to her.

"I can't believe that I found you again and of all places here in italy, salamat mine for taking me back." I said to her.

"Salamat for wanting to get back with me. I honestly thought you'd never go back." Irene said.

We continued to eat dinner and talked about the beautiful sites we saw today. Reviewing the photos we took together, laughing, God I miss hearing her laughs. The last time we were together there was an imminent coldness between the two of us, parang pagod na pagod na kami in trying to work out our relationship, three years of it, five years since I came out to the Korean public, a bold move in my behalf but had been so lucky for all of my fans' support and love. Irene was accepted by my fans, the albums I released were still supported, it paved some changes for the K-Pop Community. Joy was free to love anyone, so when her relationship with Sungjae started to sour, she quickly found someone else, someone who has been there all this time. Sino ba ang magaakala na sila din pala sa bandang huli? Joy was happy and contented, she went ahead and agreed to come to Paris, she was a vital part of Irene and I'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter