5 Years Later

The Singer's Dream 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy's POV:

I sat at a café, having coffee. My thoughts were still with her. Even after 2 years since we parted ways, siya pa din ang laman ng puso at isipan ko, si Bae Joohyun pa din. I eventually snapped out of it. I need to enjoy my break from the limelight. Mr. Lee allowed me to finally go on my solo trip to Europe. Right now, I need to hurry and catch my train. I had an iced americano from one of Italy's coffee shops. I had no itinerary in mind, I just wanted to go places here in Europe. Italy has a grand central like in the U.S. where trains go by and stop. Their 'Centrale' though had trains stopping by from different countries all over Europe. Soon, I will visit Amsterdam, Paris and other countries. I got to the Centrale, bought me a ticket to a train going to Rome. The train ride would take me 3 hours and 20 minutes. I stepped inside the platform, the station was busy as tourists, locals and all people from different walks of life rush past me.

Nagmamadali ang lahat para maka-habol sa kani-kanilang mga tren. It was summer here, so I am only wearing light clothes with a big backpack on my back. I looked like a real tourist. Among these people, then as I settled on the platform, I looked at my ticket to see which platform I was supposed to board. The ticket said platform A. I looked up and found me in the right platform. Wala pa ang tren na magdadala sa amin sa Rome. It's a relief, I thought naiwan na ako ng tren ko. I stood in the platform, lost in my thoughts again then out of the corner of my eyes, I think I saw a familiar person. I looked again to my right. There she was. Irene. She had been trying to read her ticket as well. She was wearing her old glass frame or at least something similar. Round and thick, her head down. She looks up and catches me looking at her. God! Why did she have to look so cute?

The past came rushing back to me after that initial eye contact. I remembered her face as she cried on that fateful night we separated.

2 years ago...

"Irene... I... I.. just don't feel the love anymore... Kaya I think it's best if we went our separate ways. If I stay with you, I'll only hurt you. Tama na ang tatlong taon na nag-sama tayo, tama na. Pinakakawalan na kita and if we meet again sometime in the future, then we could try to be together then. Pero sa ngayon, pagod na ko, ayaw ko nang mahirapan ka, ako..." I said to her.

"Bakit, may iba na ba? Mas maganda? Mas matalino? Ano? Bakit ka napagod? Bakit hindi mo na maramdan na mahal na mahal kita?" She said demanding an explanation from me.

She cried so hard, but I won't back down from the choice I had to make. That it was over between us. We have to part ways to find ourselves, to be okay and to be completely healed from the past. She heaves heavily and with this, I wiped her tears away and said to her.

"The three years was amazing, but we aren't ready just yet, you just came out of an abusive relationship while I still carried Somi with me. Walang iba mine, ikaw lang, alam mo yan. Pero..."

"Pero ano???" She asked me.

"I'm tired of keeping up with you, trying to replace your ex Jin, ako nga eh, sampung taon na ang lumipas mula ng mag-hiwalay kami ni Somi, pero hanggang ngayon hindi ko pa din makalimutan ang lahat ng sakit na idinulot nya. Kasi hindi tama na mag-gamitan tayo, hindi tama na pumasok tayo agad-agad sa isang relationship. I-I just need time to rest, to heal and to be the woman you deserve. I don't think I'm healing properly, gets mo? All I have ever done is dodge the topic, drown myself in work. Mahal kita mine, pero hindi na tama eh. Hindi tamang patagalin ko pa to."

With that she wiped her tears away and went to our walk-in closet, she packed her stuff, all of the things she had moved in here as I cried. I was left alone, in our room that we shared. I rented out a place for us as we decided to live together. She moved in that summer, when I said she was my girlfriend in front of the press. She left Jeju, her family and her kids in school and found another job here in Seoul. She was an online teacher for Korean Language. She hugged me from the back not long after. Her tears fell down my nape, she kissed my nape. She lets her hug linger

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter