Favor

They tell me to stay away

I saw those eyes blinked open finally and my lungs finally contracted so that I could breathe for the first time in 24hours.

I sat far away from his bedside in a wooden chair by his bookshelf on the far end of the room. He immediately attempted to sit up.

"Don't get up." I said firmly. But he still struggled to sit up under those sky blue sheets. "Joon really just rest."

I quickly became irritated at his I-always-have-to-be-strong attitude.

"I need to get up, I need to-""Shut up, stay down. You've been out for a whole day just rest. You were hurt."

He groaned as he got into an upright position.

"I need to tend to these wounds"

I rolled my eyes. "Don't bother I did that for you Joon. I look away from him, having odd flash backs about my childhood.

"Mir was always getting hurt when we were younger and sometimes his mom wasn't around to bandage him up and I'd seen her do it enough times so-" I turned back to see Joon pulling back the sheets, running his fingers over the bandages I'd wrapped around his torso. I sighed remembering the night before when I'd cleaned his wounds...how much he screamed in pain but I knew he wouldn't remember any of it especially since he had passed out from shock.

 "Look Joon, you don't have to tell me how you got those wounds I'm sure I probably don't want to know but just rest. Nothing has happened in the day you've been out and you need your strength. Nothing will happen if yo-""Thank you Thunder but you aren't supposed to be the one helping me. I'm supposed to be helping and protecting you it's my job and trust me I've had much worse battle scars." I cringed at his words, imagining him being hurt more than he already was. His eyes were as dark as a black hole in space. He was colder than ever. He groaned louder as he force himself from the bed, grabbing at his stomach in obvious pain. I couldn't watch him do that, it hurt me terribly. "Joon I'm not asking you to rest, I'm pleading. You may have gotten worse battle scars but have you ever bled that much? You weren't conscious enough last night to hear yourself Joon. Just" I felt myself tearing up "Just another hour Joon"

I walked over and met him eye to eye.

 "What makes you think you can tell me what to do?" He growled keeping an intense glare up. I gave him a much gentler look. "I'm not telling you want to do Joon" I can't help saying his name. "I'm just suggesting something and hoping that you'll be smart enough to realize it’s for your own good."

I stated simply. I mean how could he protect me if he never healed?

I tilted my head and shook it. He was still putting up that front. It just made me smile as his mouth straightened, almost so much that it looked like his mouth was sewn closed. "Why do you have to do that?  Joon I know you're hurting." I kneeled down and stared at the bandages around his body. I ran my hands over them gently-sure to not hurt his fresh "battle scars."

"I've never seen anyone hurt so much." I was in awe looking at the blood that was trying to seep through wrap. I kissed his belly. I heard him gasp, his footing became unstable. I stood up again to push on his shoulders, forcing him to sit down. "If you want me to tell you what to do, I will. In your condition you couldn't even threaten to poke me in the eye." He curled his lips back in at my statement and dimples appeared on either side of his mouth. "Don't believe me? Try picking up your arms"

By then I guess he was completely pride less and embarrassed so he quickly (and stupidly) lied down pulling the sheets over his head when he did which I know hurt his side with the impact. "Fine, we need to change those bandages in an hour and you have to eat something at some point" When I mentioned eating a growling beast living inside Joon's slender body agreed. "I suppose that growling inside your stomach means that time is now." He smirked, turning red. "I can tell no one has ever taken care of you, you're always taking care of people." Joon's hand went up to his face, covering his smile as he laughed explosively.

"'Taking care of people' Thunder if you knew what my job was, you'd think that was funny too." He commented. I just ignored him and scampered off to make some sort of meal for him.

When I returned from preparing the meal he was fast asleep. He was really beautiful when he slept even in the amount of pain I was sure he was in- it didn’t show on his face. He really was strong. Heck If I was…punched, kicked, stabbed, I don’t know dragged from the back of a pick-up truck or whatever awful thing happened to him I would just look a completely and total mess especially when I was asleep. I would cry so much that when I fell asleep my eyes would seal themselves closed. But even when I had to practically drag him into the shower, clean his wounds and sew them close he didn’t cry, sure he screamed a lot, really loud but he didn’t cry. He really was strong and when I thought about how strong he was I only thought about him. I didn’t compare him with anyone else not myself, not G.O, not Mir and definitely not mission in action Seungho. Joon was Joon, and he really needed another name, maybe a name I didn’t like to say as much.

I sat sideways in the chairs, scooting my back down until it met with one of the arm rests and throwing my endless legs over the other arm rest. I grabbed a book from the dusty book shelf in his room. He clearly didn’t read and if he did it was definitely not often and the last time he read was definitely not recently. I started flipping through the antique (exaggerating it was just really dusty) sketch-book like bind. There was just a bunch of descriptions of people and random information on them like their place of birth, birth date, full name, relationship status, and address, place of work and phone number. Then at the bottom of each age was a picture. I thought it was kind of like his overly detailed contact book.

I looked at another book, it was all about weapons, foreign weapons where they could be found what their primary uses were and how much they cost. I put both books away and scanned through a few others while the dark angel slept. I gazed over at him at some point; he lied on his back with his arms crossed over his chest like he was a doorman at a club with a “no one shall pass” look on his face. I let a few chuckles out when I watched him sleep. It had been awhile and I’d looked through a few more oddly themed book before I decided to get up to pop the food I had prepared earlier- that I was sure was cold now,- in the microwave to warm up. I came back and placed the meal back on the small TV dinner table by the bed, returning back to the wooden chair that I had befriended in the last hour. I reached for another book, a leather red book on the top shelf and was startled by what I heard when my hand touched it.

First groans then clear, but still mumbled, words. “Yah don’t touch my things Doongie.”

I smiled when I heard his voice.  I turned and he had already sat up and began to eat the food I made him so I did as he wished and place the book back in its spot on the top shelf.

I heard his ridiculous chewing and slurping and I was instantly reminded of Mir. Somehow all the messy and noisy eating just made Joon more charming to me though. “Do you like it? It’s to ensure you get all the nutrients you need to get back your strength.”

I said nobly.

“You made this?” He kind of looked up at me as he chewed aggressively at the pieces of steak I mixed into his rice with veggies and egg.

“Mhm” I mused, proud that he clearly liked my cooking or …he was just really hungry. Either way I was happy about his enthusiastic eating. He finished soon after; very quickly I sure when it digested it would hurt he ate so fast. “Ready to change your bandages?”

He nodded, with his war face on. Not that I knew what his war face looked like but he just looked like he was up for the challenge. I helped him into the bathroom and had him sit on the toilet seat as I un-wrapped the gauze on his torso.

It hurt, because as I un-wrapped him the blood that had dried between his skin and the gauze was peeling off. “I’m sorry” I whined. He only cringed a bit so I was able to quickly remove everything re-clean the wounds and check my stitch work from earlier. “You’re all set” I said smiling and standing up from my kneeling position. “How does it feel?” I asked concerned.

“Just fine” He said smiling warmly back at me. I helped him back to the bed and sat back down in my chair, making sure if he needed anything that he knew to ask me. I wasn’t going to leave him alone in the room for more than a few moments unless he decided to catch a few more Z’s.

But after he had eaten, and been re-bandaged up he just looked at me by the bookshelf. Only his eye peeked out from under the blue sheet and sometimes I could see his nose. He was so adorable in that position. He started to get uncomfortable I assumed and just sat up.

I looked at him.

Joon p.o.v

“Hey, Thunder.”

He turned those stunning, dark shimmering eyes on me.

“You were right no one has ever taken care of me like this. I wasn’t use to it. But now I think I’m getting the hang of it and I think there is something you can do for me. It would really help me to clear my mind of something that I’ve been really confused about.”

He just stared at me from his place near my private bookcase. I could see that he was already eager to do whatever it was that I needed him to do.

“What do you need Joon, I’d love to help you with anything that I can.”

He was just so eager… I just needed to clear my mind of what I was thinking about.

“Could you come here for a second Doongie?” I saw his body shiver when I called hi Doongie it was like a nickname that I was unofficially calling him. We weren’t really all that close yet but we were at the same time. He stood up and came over at a normal pace. When he neared the end of the he smiled I looked up at him from my spot on the bed and it was like I was staring at the sun, bright and shining.

“Gosh Thunder could you like kneel again or something? I feel like an ant with you hovering over me like that.” He smirked raising an eyebrow but ultimately kneeled by the bed.

“What is it that you need Joon?” He asked one more time and I felt the anticipation of what I was planning to do building as my chest pounding hard.

“Can I touch your face?” He nodded but his expression was painted in confusion.

I took his soft, puffy pink cheeks in my eyes and looked into his eyes. I couldn’t help but smile.

“Could you lean closer to me Thunder?” He did.

I held his face, using my thumbs I covered his eyes, tricking him into closing them. I closed my eyes and tilted my head. I leaned in close to his face.

“Just say my name one more time.”

I felt his hot breath exit his mouth when he opened his mouth to say, what I assumed was going to be my name … and that when I attacked his lips. This time I kissed him for me. His lips were soft against mine, smooth like silk and warm. He didn’t pull away from the meeting of our lips, at some point it felt like he was deepening the kiss moving his lips in sync with mine. I tugged gently at his bottom lip with my teeth. I melded into his kiss. I pulled away after a few moments. I felt him exhaling heavily.

My eyes opened just before he slowly opened his. I waited for him to say something, anything. His chest was still heaving and he on his bottom lip. His eyes were so wide. I started to pull my hands from his face but his hands came up and secured mine to his face. He closed his eyes again and finally he exhaled that word.

“Joon.”