Fifthteen.

They tell me to stay away

Thunder's p.o.v

 

Mir seemed to have ignored the whole conversation between Joon and I.

 

"Ramen huh?" He opened the silver pot top on the stovetop and we both gazed into it, mouths agape. It looked delicious; Mir stopped drooling for a second when he noticed something. A yellow sticky note.

 

"Look"

 

"The real ramen you were looking for" The note read and I blushed, but looking back at the gorgeous pot I imagined Seungho, I knew how much he loved to eat and how much he would enjoy the ramen Joon prepared for me. He probably would've reached over my shoulder, grabbing my chopsticks and slurped up my noodles before laughing and smiling brightly about it. I missed that smile, I missed him, the kind him. I could've died from the pain my chest was causing me. Despite everything I still did love Seungho I just didn't know how much anymore especially with Joon around.

 

"I'm not hungry anymore."

 

"I don't care, Joon made me promise to make sure you are while he was gone."

 

Aish he wasn't going to give it up. I sighed. "I thought you didn't like Joon, I thought you thought he was dangerous. Why would you make a promise to him?"

 

Mir had already gone through the kitchen cabinets and drawers and found himself a bowl and chopsticks.

 

"He is dangerous, but he's kept me and G.O safe and more importantly he's keeping you safe. He really cares about you Thunder."

 

He slurped his noodles. "Aish must you eat that way Mir!"

 

I ignored his comment about Joon; he clearly knew more than I did, he probably knew everything.

 

"Did he make you promise not to tell me what's going on too?"

 

Mir looked up from his bowl, eyeing me wearily. "He'll tell you when he's ready Thunder but he knows you won't like it."

 

I never heard Mir sound so serious. It hit the pit of my stomach. "So when do you have to leave?"

 

I asked him, changing the subject.

 

"1:30" Everything that left Mir's mouth started to sound cold to me. How did they expect me to eat at all? I was so many different types of nervous and nauseous and stressed. My thoughts were running wild, how could I eat? I exhausted all my time with Mir without relaxing my mind once. Until....

 

"So how do you feel about Joon now, I know you've had some unnatural crush on him lately but now you pretty much live with him. You've had to gotten closer to him somehow. Do you love him?"

 

He continued slurping up his ramen. The sound made me cringe. I slid the blow away from the messy eater. "Stop that!" I demanded. "And we really haven't gotten much closer I still like him but I don't think those feeling have increased at all. We just talk sometimes. It's only been like two days I think"

 

Mir's face scrunched up. "Sure whatever you say Cheondoong' he slid his bowl of ramen back to him.

 

"But there was definitely something in the both of your eyes when you talked. So it’s only a matter of time before..." He grinned at me evilly, purposely not finishing his sentence. "A matter of time before what?" I asked nervously, but he just slurped more noodles into his mouth, still grinning.

 

No one's p.o.v

“How are you G.O?””Great, but I worry about them, How are you Joon?”

He couldn’t look the bearded man in the eyes; Joon couldn’t keep his deep black marbled eyes off of the streets. “I worry about him, staying there especially without me is dangerous.”

G.O nodded in agreement. “It’s time for me to pick up Mir.” G.O said, hoping Joon would lighten in mood knowing that when Mir left he could go home to Thunder but his mood remained dark. “I still have to work let him stay a while longer, keep Sang hyun company.” G.O was taken aback by Joon’s seriousness and saying of Thunder’s real name. “I’m going to pick up Mir, thank you anyway, but I don’t want Mir to be there when…”

Joon let a scoff/laugh leave his mouth as he turned his head assumingly because he knew what G.O was talking about. “Okay G.O but we can’t speak again after this.”

“I know.”

G.O said placing his hand on Joon’s broad shoulder but then reflexively pulling the younger man into a hug. The bearded man exhaled into his black hair. “Thank you Joon, be careful.” Joon’s body stiffened with the meeting of the older man’s embrace. “It’ll be fine.” G.O sniffled, releasing Joon’s body then walked away.

~2 hours later~

Thunder’s p.o.v

“It’s time Thunder” He turned to me, his big round-ish eyes glazed over with sadness. “I know Mir I was hoping you could stay longer but I guess maybe next-” Mir shuddered at the word next and I didn’t want him to say what I inferred from his body language. I couldn’t see him next time….

“Well we had fun” I said trying to mask my sadness with an awkward smile. “Yeah...”

Mir said slowly standing up from the couch. The Xbox controller hit the floor almost in slow motion to me before his arms were wrapped around my neck. “I love you Doongie.” He sniffled then released me, I caught a glimpse of him wiping a tear from his eye as he walked toward the complicated door then putting in the code (I didn’t even know he knew it, it was probably just something else he knew that he and Joon weren’t going to tell me). “I love you too Mireu~”

The door beeped opened and Mir left out of it. I became so empty inside when he did.

How unfortunate it is to be alone with your own yours thoughts.

I really don’t know what’s going on…….When will Joon be back? I tried to relax my mind and sat down at the kitchen island to force feed myself ramen. But when I looked up I saw the empty bowl across from me. I was sad again. Still, I forced myself to eat the ramen, tears forcing themselves out of my eyes. I made sure that Mir kept his promise to Joon, I kept eating.

I sat down, I sat up, I laid around, I laid upside down, I cleaned the whole apartment but still no Joon. I sat by the large living room window-wall and watched the sunset. I became calm by watching it, and I loved the feeling I had in my stomach waiting for Joon to return like at some point soon I would be happy or at least I would smile. But that feeling of anticipation was soon replaced with worry when it became midnight.

~sigh~ Joon where are you?

12:30am …..The door familiarly ringed, dinged and donged and it opened.  I jumped at the shock, still staring out the massive glass but at the stars and the luminous moon. I saw him I smiled but that smile instantly disappeared when I saw his face. He walked ….slowly, barely picking up his feet. “J-Joon are you. Are you okay?”

The corners of his mouth curled up in a half smile. But I saw through it. He clutched his hand across his stomach, eventually making his way into the living room.

“Sure Cheondoong I just need- I just need to shower.” I nodded, still not believing his claims. There was something off about him.

He trudged toward the hall but stumbled to the side. He had to prop himself up by putting his hand against the hallway wall. That’s when I noticed the trail of blood he left behind…

“Joon-Joon you’re bleeding.”

I shouted frantically. He gazed over his shoulder and grinned at my slightly, still clutching his stomach.

“You still say my name so much, I missed hearing that.” He said nonchalantly…..I felt like he was okay when he said that, he was being his normal teasingly joking self. But….

“Hey Thunder, what’s today?” He mumbled.

His eyes rolled and he fell to his knees. “Joon!”