Track #7

Overtime Playlist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

DRUMSTICKS for Yujin and Minjeong, wings for Seungwan and Sooyoung and the thigh part for Minjoo—that was how Seulgi distributed the said parts of the fried chicken to her friends. 

The band settled on going to a chicken place for their little party. Joohyun doesn’t really like fried chicken but since it was a unanimous decision, she didn’t bother telling them about her preference. She just ordered another dish that she could eat.

When the first batch of fried chicken arrived, Seulgi was quick to distribute the parts to her friends even without them asking her. The others were even talking while she just silently placed the food on their plates.

What’s left with her are the undesirable parts but she doesn’t seem like she has anything against it. She was even smiling when distributing them.

“What are you even doing, for real?” Joohyun asked Seulgi who was sitting beside her.

“A-Ah? I just gave them their favourite parts.” The junior answered with a smile.

“Hmm…” Joohyun looked at the remaining thigh part. “How about that? I don’t like fried chicken but I know that’s more delicious than the part.”

Seulgi blinked fast. Her director is really curious about random things. “None of them will eat the part. It will be a w-waste if no one e-eats it so I just eat it.”

Joohyun’s eyes narrowed. “You mean you don’t like it but you still eat it because you gave up all the tasty parts to others? Aren’t you the oldest in the group?”

The younger girl just looked at her with a curious face. “H-How is a-age connected with this, Director? I-I just don’t have any favourite part and e-everything tastes the same to me.”

Joohyun’s fried potato set then came out and Seulgi couldn’t help but to sigh.

“Y-You should’ve told us first t-that you don’t like fried chicken, Director.” Seulgi worriedly answered. “Let’s n-not just o-order alcohol and just have a simple dinner. Y-You have to p-put something on your stomach o-other than that if y-you’re going to drink.”

The director mischievously smiled at Seulgi which took the latter aback. “Are you being worried about me, Kang-daeri? It’s too late though. Look~”

Seulgi turned to where Joohyun was pointing and it was on Yujin. Their youngest was already mixing soju and beer for them.

“It seems like Ahn-jooim is doing her maknae duties already~” Joohyun then turned back to Seulgi. “I also needed some drink too~ You can’t stop me~”

Seulgi then remembered the phone call earlier. Long story short, it didn’t end well. Joohyun was really upset with her boyfriend. She kept complaining to Seulgi about him while she was tending to Seulgi’s blisters. 

Not knowing what to say, Seulgi just let her director vent at her. She knew having someone to listen to you is enough for situations like that.

‘Director Bae’s boyfriend… He must be a very lucky guy…’

“Kang-daeri.” Joohyun called, which popped Seulgi’s thinking bubble. She even moved closer to Seulgi before whispering. “Don’t you need alcohol as well? Remember what we talked about earlier?”

Seulgi’s eyes widened in an instant. Her ears were about to pop again. Joohyun was talking about the plan she laid out to her earlier.

Confession. Confessing her feelings for Sooyoung.

“Son-gwajang and I already talked about it. I have her blessing. Just tell her about your feelings all for once and move on. You’ll feel better after… I believe.”

Those were Joohyun’s exact words to her earlier. For a moment, she forgot that Joohyun was holding her hand and putting bandaids on her popped blisters. The idea of confessing to Sooyoung suddenly filled her mind—something that she had long given up on.

“I-I-I don’t think t-there’s a need for it…” Seulgi whispered back.

Joohyun gave her a bombastic side eye. “Try it first. I’ll be sure to give you a moment!”

“I hope you two don’t forget that we are here at the table as well.” Seungwan said while passing the drinks to them. “What are you talking about in secret like you’re some couple?”

“C-C-Couple!?” Seulgi malfunctioned again and smoke came out of her head. Joohyun could only shake her head at Seulgi’s reaction.

In no time, everyone had their drinks (with Minjoo and Sooyoung only having sodas), Joohyun raised her glass and everyone followed. 

“Everyone, I am really thankful for the help that you have given me for this project. You did overtime for four straight days just for this. Thank you for a successful performance!”

The members smiled at each other while Seulgi kept on looking down. She can’t believe she’d be doing overtime on Mondays for the time being.

“Prelims is just two weeks from now and we have to make an impact on the producers so that they may give us more screen time. I don’t really worry about you passing or not. I believe that you’ll definitely make it and I am never wrong at this.”

“Woohoo~ Our Director Bae is so cool!” Sooyoung clapped with that hype from Seungwan.

“She’s really something~” Minjeong seconded. She’s just really happy that she would be playing with the others again.

“Let’s make it to the top! Cheers!”

“Cheers!”

 


 

JOOHYUN opened her eyes with a gasp. She looked around and saw herself inside a restroom cubicle. She didn’t even know how she got in there. 

“D-Did I seriously fall asleep in the restroom?” She asked herself, still in doubt of what just happened. Seulgi was probably right. She should’ve had something more than a fried potato set. She couldn’t even eat lunch properly because she was nervous for the band. Drinking crazily because she was upset with his man in an empty stomach was not the best idea.

“Seriously? My film got cut… Have I become this weak in drinking?” She tried to stand up and fixed herself before going out of that cubicle but she was more surprised to see who was waiting for her outside.

With face still wet after washing her face, her hair down and glasses missing, Seulgi looked at her through the mirror. Joohyun was sure she had to take a deep breath at that very moment. “Kang-daeri—”

“I already told you, didn’t I?” 

Joohyun’s eyes widened even more when Seulgi turned her way and leaned on the sink as she crossed her arms. Those drunk monolid eyes of hers were so enchanting.

“I told you to eat more if you want to drink more, didn’t I?”

Suddenly, Joohyun felt like she wasn’t drunk anymore. 

“Hey, don’t you talk to me like that—”

The young director could only gasp when Seulgi started walking towards her. The latter’s eyes were fixed on her and for some reason the only thing that she could do was to step backwards. Joohyun had gulped when she noticed that she did something dumb since she technically just invited Seulgi inside the cubicle where she was in earlier. 

“Y-Ya, K-Kang—”

Seulgi placed her elbow on the cubicle wall, towering over Joohyun. The young director felt pissed for being looked down upon. If only she was a bit taller then Seulgi would not be able to do this to her. Well, the Seulgi she’s used to would never be able to do this in the first place. This is the Super Seulgi Yujin and Minjeong were looking forward to seeing since earlier. Super Seulgi ver. Drunk.

“If you did wrong you should say sorry, am I right?”

And yes, Joohyun’s memory suddenly started functioning when she remembered that it was the same thing that Seulgi told her Section Manager the last time she got drunk. 

“Kang-dae—”

“Hm?” Seulgi lowered her head as she levelled her face to Joohyun’s. “Don’t tell me Director doesn’t know how to apologise.”

“I didn’t do anything wrong for ’s sake!” Joohyun tried to push Seulgi away but she was more surprised that she didn’t have enough strength to move the other girl even just a bit. It wasn’t because Seulgi was strong. Joohyun just felt so weak. 

“M-Move away!” Joohyun grunts but it was only answered by Seulgi with a smirk. Annoyed, Joohyun looked straight to Seulgi’s eyes to shoot warnings on her but the younger girl didn’t even flinch. Her eyes didn’t do any pinball moves. She kept the connection of their stare until Joohyun’s glare softened to the point that she had to look away. 

She lost the eye contact battle and ended up watching how a droplet of water rolled down from Seulgi’s face. Again, Joohyun gulped. 

“I thought you don’t mind me being close to you?” Seulgi sighed. “Alright, alright. Director Bae’s beautiful so I guess she’s forgiven even without apologising. That’s how things go, right?”

“What the hell are you even talking about?”

Seulgi turned her head to the side. Her eyes became even more serious. “Seriously, you’re really beautiful and nice, Director. I just really hope you’re being treasured properly—”

“Seulgi-unnie—ACK!”

Sooyoung made little jumps before freezing after witnessing what was happening in the restroom. Seulgi was taking time in the bathroom that’s why she thought of checking her out but she couldn’t believe what she arrived into. Joohyun and Sooyoung just looked at each other for a few seconds before the young director heard a snap by her ear. Joohyun started to panic and in her adrenaline she managed to push Seulgi away.

“O-Oh my!” Sooyoung rushed towards them and helped Seulgi go back to her feet as the girl lost balance and was having hard times to regain it. “Seulgi-unnie!” 

Joohyun immediately stepped off of that cubicle. It was already cramped for her and Seulgi. Another person would make it unbearable. She could feel that her back was covered with a thin layer of sweat. Her heart was also unmanageable. 

“I’m sorry, Director Bae. D-Did she do something to you?” Joohyun wasn’t even able to answer when Sooyoung had to hit Seulgi by the stomach. “What are you even doing Unnie? Do you realise that it was your department head in front of you!? Haaa… For real! I already told you to drink moderately!”

Seulgi just snickered. “I’m sorry, Sooyoungie~ Unnie did something wrong~”

“You shouldn’t be saying sorry to me, you should say sorry to Director Bae!”

“It’s fine.” 

Sooyoung turned to the other woman. Joohyun looked rather flustered. 

“I’ve seen this side of her once. I was just surprised. S-She… didn’t do anything against me.” 

Sooyoung let out a sigh of relief. She turned to Seulgi whose eyes were still fixed on Joohyun. “What are you even smiling like a fool there? Haa… For real!”

The merry duo of Yujin and Minjeong entered the restroom and started laughing as soon as they laid their eyes on Seulgi.

“There she ish!” Yujin shouted. “Shooper Seulgi ish back!”

“It’s time for shecond stop then!” Minjeong exclaimed. “Noraebang!”

“Call!” Seulgi freed herself from Sooyoung’s assistance and joined the girls who both couldn’t stop laughing. She literally kicked them out of the restroom but they were still laughing. 

“Director Bae!” Yujin shouted while Seulgi was pushing her out. “You better come with us! You should hear Shooper Seulgi’s singing—”

“Stop barking and let’s go!” 

The door of the restroom closed leaving Sooyoung and Joohyun alone in that space. A sigh of relief was then heard from the taller girl. 

“I-I’m really sorry for Seulgi-unnie’s actions, Director Bae. Her drunken symptoms are quite on the extreme side.” Sooyoung awkwardly said. 

“It’s really fine.” Joohyun sighed. “Let’s go out too.”

Sooyoung followed Joohyun out of the restroom but her thoughts were still on the scene that she arrived at earlier. For some reason, she felt like the director looked annoyed not because of Seulgi’s weird actions but because of something else. 

Then realisation hit Sooyoung.

‘No way! What if they were actually having a moment and I ruined it!?’


 

 

 


 

“JAGIYA, I’ll just go and buy some hangover jellies.”

Sooyoung just needed to know which karaoke room they were going to so when they finally settled in one place, she took the opportunity to go out and buy hangover relievers for everyone.

“Hm?” Seungwan grunted. Even the manager had a lot of drinks as well. She was just so happy to be drinking together with everyone again. “Let me go with—ouch!”

“Are you okay?” Sooyoung worriedly asked her wife. Seungwan, on the other hand, secretly turned to Joohyun who was sitting beside her. The director actually kicked her with her heels. 

“Son-gwajang seems like she can’t go with you.” Joohyun innocently said. She then pulled Seulgi who was sitting on her other side. The said girl was so close to dozing off if only Joohyun didn’t pull her with such force. “Have Kang-daeri go with you so she can shake her drowsiness off.”

“Ah, okay…” Sooyoung reached out to her wife. “Are you sure you’re okay, jagi?” 

“I-I’m okay. I just hit my foot on the table.” Seungwan had to lie. She could feel the director’s eyes on her.

“I’ll go with Seulgi-unnie then.” Sooyoung sighed. It’s really better to go now and buy something that could wake these people. “Seulgi-unnie, can you come with me?”

“Yeah…” Seulgi stood up. Her eyes squinted. “Where are my glasses though?”

“In your—“

“Here.” Joohyun stood up and made Seulgi wear the glasses she pulled from the latter’s pocket. Sooyoung was taken aback with the action. She’s well aware that Seulgi would put her glasses in her pocket.

“Ohh~” Seulgi smiled another goofy smile after her sight cleared up. “Director is really beautiful~”

Yujin and Minjeong cracked in another loud laughter with the latter continuously hitting the former in the shoulder.

“I told you, Minjeongsseu! They were like that when we drank in the dorms last week!” Yujin instantly felt shivers run down her spine. She stiffly turned to Joohyun and saw her glaring at her. “Oops…”

“You went to their dorm room to drink, Director Bae?” Seungwan asked, her drunk eyes widened.

“It’s part of the convincing plan.” Joohyun mouthed.

“Director~” Seulgi called to bring Joohyun’s attention back to her. “I said you’re beautiful…”

“I know that already so just go and accompany Sooyoung-ssi!” Joohyun pushed Seulgi out of the room. She went back to her seat but the moment she sat, Seungwan tried to stand up. If only her reflexes weren’t quick, Seungwan could’ve already stormed out of the room. 

“Where do you think you’re going?” Joohyun asked as she pulled the manager back to her seat. A song selected by Yujin had already started playing, making it harder to hear each other. 

“I’ll go after them. Obviously.” Seungwan answered with finality. “My wife is about to get a confession from my bestfriend. Do you really think I can just sing happily here?”

Seungwan shook Joohyun off and rushed outside. The director immediately regained her balance and ran after the manager as well. 

“Where on earth is everyone going?” Minjeong mumbled to herself, clueless of what was happening to the unnie line. She then looked to her left. There was Yujin belting out a very sad ballad out of nowhere. She then looked to her right. Minjoo was seated on the sofa opposite the monitor. The secretary seemed rather tipsy after being forced for some alcohol earlier by Joohyun.

Minjeong bit the tip of her can of beer. ‘My goodness… I am in the most awkward space on earth. Why did everyone leave me with these two!?’


 

 

 


 

“SHOULD we take a rest for a while?”

Seulgi's brows furrowed in curiosity. They just successfully managed to buy some hangover jellies and Sooyoung immediately gave her one to consume. She was confused as to why they should be spending some time together sitting on the bench while the others were already singing their hearts out in the karaoke room. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter