Track #13

Overtime Playlist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


 

“SHE’S… sleeping…”

Yujin couldn’t believe what she was witnessing. She immediately called for Minjeong who just came back from the restroom and showed her what she had just arrived at—Kang Seulgi peacefully sleeping in their waiting room.

Minjeong’s eyes widened at the very moment Seulgi’s sleeping form registered in her brain. “What on earth is happening!?”

“I-I don’t know!” Yujin worriedly asked. “What if she overdosed on taking anti-nervousness pills that she passed out!?”

“No way!!!” 

The two ran towards Seulgi and started to quake the poor girl up. Minjeong was shaking the bench while Yujin was shaking Seulgi by the shoulders. Yujin even forcefully opened the poor bassist’s eyes.

“Seulgi-unnie, don’t leave us—“ 

Yujin fell to her when Seulgi's arm just suddenly flew towards her. Minjeong froze on the spot.

“What are you kids even doing?” Seulgi groaned as she sat up. Her hands on her head, brushing her messy hair backwards. “Can’t you see that the person is sleeping?”

“You were really sleeping!?” The two asked in chorus, making Seulgi frown.

“What? Do you guys think I am dead!?” Seulgi was about to throw her shoes to them when the door opened. Joohyun and Seungwan just arrived from buying drinks.

“What is this commotion all about?” Seungwan asked. The two youngest ran to her with urgency.

“Unnie!” Yujin called. “Seulgi-unnie was sleeping!”

“She was what?” Seungwan almost dropped the drinks that she was holding. Thankfully, Minjeong was quick to grab it from her.

It’s finally the day of the first round. There are other bands already playing and they are just waiting for their turn. Knowing Seulgi’s personality, she would be living in the restroom at times like this. But no, she was found peacefully sleeping at the waiting room when the others came back from whatever they attended outside.

Seungwan ran to Seulgi and placed her palm on Seulgi’s forehead. “A-Are you okay, Seulgi? Y-You don’t seem to have a fever.”

“I am okay.” Seulgi gently pushed Seungwan’s hand away. “I should be the one asking if you guys are okay. You just disturbed a sleeping person.”

“Ack!” Seungwan dramatically fell to the ground. “Who on earth are you!?”

Seulgi was about to retort back when they heard chuckles from Joohyun. “What are you all being weird about?”

Joohyun then sat beside Seulgi and placed her hand on the girl’s chest. The others watched in real time how blood went up to Seulgi’s face.

“She may look calm but her heart is beating fast. She’s just trying her best to hide her nerves.” Joohyun turned to Seulgi with a gentle smile on her face. She then placed her palm on the girl’s head, giving the girl soft caresses. “Good job, Kang-daeri.”

“It’s really still Seulgi-unnie.” Minjeong commented with a blank face.

“Just the way she turned red just proved that it’s still her.” Yujin commented while wearing the same face.

“Give me a break, you two!” Seulgi stood up with her hands on her waist and chin held on high. “I am trying my best not to be controlled by nervousness so please—“

Seulgi stiffened when she felt Joohyun’s hand holding hers. She slowly turned like a malfunctioning robot to the sitting girl who was flashing her a cute smile. “Kang-daeri, should we retouch your makeup? I guess you smudged your face while you were sleeping.” 

“O-O-Okay, D-D-Director!” The bassist sat like an obedient child, making Joohyun chuckle while Yujin and Minjeong burst out into laughter.

‘She’s really having fun teasing Seulgi.’ Seungwan sighed at the misfortune of her best friend. ‘She knows so well her effect on Seulgi.’

The vocalist then sat on the empty chair, opening herself a bottle of water. What Joohyun told her earlier suddenly echoed in her ear.

“I want to know more about Kang-daeri.”

Seungwan closed her eyes as she frowned. ‘She literally dragged me out to buy drinks with her just to tell me that? She’s basically trying to tell me something, right?’

The vocalist looked at the two once again. Joohyun was talking a lot and was obviously having a good time just by looking at the beautiful smile on her face. One wouldn’t believe that she just got into an awful breakup from a three-year relationship. On the other hand, Seulgi was just looking at her, nodding and smiling at her every word. 

‘Now that you think of it, they seemed much closer since yesterday. Director Bae told us she won’t be coming to the final practice but she actually came and bought us food as well. Did she realise her attraction to Seulgi when Taeyeon was all over her?’ 

Seungwan let out another sigh. ‘Whatever… I don’t know what to do with you two.’



 

 

 

Previously on Patching Things Up with Your First Love…

 

SOOYOUNG burst out into laughter and Seulgi thought that she would actually lose her arm to the girl’s continuous hits. The two were shopping for clothes for Seulgi but the story about the older girl’s current romantic status continued even as they went around.

“So, you do remember what you guys talked about that night, huh?” Sooyoung finally stopped hitting her when she realised Seulgi would need her arm to play the bass guitar. “And you asked her to stop acting like an older sister towards you?” Sooyoung wiped the tears from her eyes that she got for laughing so much. “Now you know what it feels like to be dongsaeng-zoned.”

“Shut it, silly.” Seulgi sighed, her ears so red because of embarrassment. “I don’t know… It’s just weird that I actually remember… It’s probably because I want to remember.”

Sooyoung pulled one shirt and put it in front of Seulgi to see if it fits on her. “You suddenly got the power to remember things when you’re drunk?” 

“It started when you told me you actually liked me back then.” 

Sooyoung had to look away at such a speed she almost broke her neck. It was still embarrassing for her to remember that she actually confessed to her old crush. Seulgi just shrugged her shoulders and continued looking around.

“I just realised that we always talk about important things when we’re induced with alcohol.” The older girl continued. “I don’t want to forget the things she tells me. That’s why I try my hardest to remember everything.”

Sooyoung observed Seulgi’s face from the side. She looked really confused about what to do next but she could see how much she really likes the girl she was talking about just by judging at the way she talks about her. 

“So, what did she say when you asked her to drop the sister role?” Sooyoung carefully asked, her eyes weren’t tearing off from Seulgi. 

“Hmm…” Seulgi pressed her lips together. There was a hint of disappointment in her eyes. “She just laughed and told me I was just drunk. She even said that I will regret that I told her that.”

“Ohh…” Sooyoung felt hurt for her unnie. “But why? It doesn’t seem like she has zero interest in you. She even said you made her heart flutter, right!?”

“She just got out of a long relationship so I understand. So, yeah… Just to ease the embarrassment, I told her that I was just joking. I kinda panicked a bit.” Seulgi said in between chuckles, scratching her cheek. 

“Eyy… You shouldn’t have taken it back. You should’ve just let her think about it.” Sooyoung shook her head in disappointment. 

“...I can’t help it. I suddenly got afraid.” 

Sooyoung’s heart sank at the sight of sulking Seulgi. She placed a hand on the girl’s back. ‘She really likes that person a lot. Director Bae… You lucky girl.’

Seulgi didn’t mention that it was Joohyun but Sooyoung could deduce pretty well that it was Joohyun that she was talking about. All the descriptions just fit Joohyun anyway. She could see how much Seulgi is attracted to Joohyun and how serious her feelings are developing. She agreed to change her style, she controls her drinking just to remember things, and she even invited Sooyoung out after all the years of avoiding the said girl. 

“Are you still confused, Unnie?” Sooyoung softly asked. “Confused about whether you would pursue her or not?”

“Yeah…” Seulgi sighed. “Just like I said, her relationship just ended and it didn’t end very well. I am afraid that things might not work out on my part… You know… I am afraid that I might get used as a rebound or something then ultimately get dropped once all the fluttering feelings disappear. I believe a lot of people around us would think the same way.”

Seulgi started walking since that isle didn’t have the clothes that she was aiming for. Sooyoung just followed her, one arm wrapped around Seulgi’s arm.

“But I can’t help it… My mind is filled with thoughts of her. My eyes always search for her. I am so attracted to her like… instinctively. Argh…” Seulgi held her head with her free arm. “I just don’t want to burden her with how I feel. I want to be sure about my feelings first too. But I am afraid that if I don’t move now, everything will turn out like my first love.”

Sooyoung flinched a bit when she heard the term first love. A faint but gentle smile curved up her lips. 

The two continued with shopping and they managed to buy Seulgi some decent clothes that she could use in the competition. Sooyoung laughed at how the girl was tearing up after swiping her card. She was even saying that her game budget will be short after all the purchase.

It was already around seven in the evening when they called it a day. Seulgi walked Sooyoung to the bus station. Her bus would be arriving in less than seven minutes so she grabbed the opportunity to say whatever was on her mind.

“Just go for it, Unnie.”

“Hm?” Seulgi turned to Sooyoung with those confused eyes. “Go for what?”

“What else, silly unnie?” Sooyoung slapped her shoulder. “Just go follow your feelings.”

Seulgi rubbed her shoulder. “…Should I?”

Sooyoung gave her a silent nod. “I mean… It’s better to get hurt after actually doing something. Getting hurt while regretting doing nothing would be more painful.”

The two looked at each other and an assuring smile curved up off the younger girl’s lips. “Trust me about this, Unnie…”

“Right…” Seulgi looked away as she smiled. “You’re right about that.”

“No one is hurrying you as well. Just remember to take it slow too. Slowly but surely.”

Sooyoung watched Seulgi’s face brighten up and she knew her task was finally completed. She believes Seulgi already had the answer deep within, she just needed someone to confirm it and encourage her with it.

“Thank you, Sooyoungie…”

“As always~”

There was silence but it was comforting. It didn’t take much time before Sooyoung’s bus arrived. 

“I’ll get going then, Unnie! I will be rooting for your love life~” 

Sooyoung stood up and gave her unnie a gentle pinch on the cheek. Seulgi just smiled at her.

It was when Sooyoung was waiting for her turn to ride the bus when Seulgi suddenly stood up and called her. The younger girl turned to her with a surprised yet expectant face.

“Unnie?”

Seulgi froze for a bit, hesitation was in her eyes. But then, a smile just lit her face up. “…It is so nice spending time with you again. Let’s hangout more in the future.”

Sooyoung smiled back, nagging at herself internally for expecting. “Just message me and I will be there~”

Seulgi watched her dongsaeng ride the bus. They waved at each other until the bus went off. Seulgi took a deep breath and started walking towards the station.

“Quest completed.”



 

 



 

“SEUNGWAN-AH.”

The band was already in standby backstage when Seulgi called for her best friend’s attention. Seungwan immediately went nearer to Seulgi with eyes already asking for the reason for the call.

Seulgi just looked at her straight in the eyes before dropping the bomb.

“Seungwan-ah, I think I like Director Bae.”

The main vocalist’s jaw dropped animatedly. Her eyes were almost bulging out of their sockets. “Y-Yes—“

“I am saying it to you right away because I still consider you as my best friend.” Seulgi took some final touches of her sleeves as she continued talking. “I know you’re married now so I hope you can fully support me this time around.”

“Ya, Kang Seulgi…” Seungwan was speechless, she placed her hands on Seulgi’s shoulders but couldn’t manage to properly say any word for a moment. The two of them just looked at each other’s eyes.

Seungwan shook her head before pulling her hands from Seulgi. “…I know… It shows. But Seulgi… are you going to pursue her? She just—“

“I know…” Seulgi lowered her head. “And I am willing to take a risk now. I learned a lot from my experience being in love with Sooyoung. I want to be able to do something this time… no matter what the outcome may be.”

“Wow…” Seungwan breathed out. “Director Bae is really something. To be able to bring out this side of you…”

Seulgi let out a sigh. “This is scary… I am really scared…” She placed her hand by her chest. “But I know there’s no way that I can fight against the strong attraction that I have for her. That’s why… I just really need some support.”

“Come on, you know that I support you in everything.” Seungwan whined. Seulgi just stared blankly at her, inferring about the incident they had with Sooyoung. “I know, I know… There’s nothing that can justify what I did but just like what you said, there are feelings that you just don’t know how to fight.”

“I know…” Finally, a smile curved up off Seulgi’s lips, making Seungwan heave a sigh. “That’s why please don’t confront Director Bae about having her drawing a line.”

Seungwan stiffened. “D-Did she tell you?”

There was a weak shaking of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter