Overtime Playlist #5

Overtime Playlist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

WITH her eyes slowly opening, Joohyun fell right into confusion the moment she woke up. She looked around and confirmed that she’s at her room but she couldn’t remember how she managed to get home. She laid on her back and closed her eyes as she tried to remember whatever she could remember from last night.

All she could remember was that she went on a dinner with the other executives after their quarterly performance presentation. She remembered how crazy she went that night as she poured hard liquor on everyone because she knew they wouldn't be able to say no to her. Of course, whenever she fills a glass with somebody else, she also has to receive one glass from that person.

Joohyun didn’t care at all. She just wanted to let loose last night. She knew her limits anyway and she actually excused herself when she started feeling dangerous already. When she was about to leave, she was given another glass but she couldn’t remember who gave that last glass anymore. She couldn’t remember anything after that at all.

“But I managed to go home so I guess all is well…” Joohyun groaned, she could feel her head killing her but then a smile curved up her lips. “I had a good dream and that’s all that matters.”

Joohyun rolled to her stomach and tried to do a plank but miserably failed as she hit back her bed. “I better sleep more. I should tell dream Seulgi that I am not drunk anymore so she can kiss me now.”

The young director started kicking as she giggled. She couldn’t believe that in the moment where she’s already thinking about giving up because she couldn’t find a way for Seulgi to reconsider her, she dreamt about being with her in a karaoke room last night. She dreamt about being enveloped in Seulgi’s tight embrace and Seulgi singing a song for her. She dreamt about being carried by the girl and being told about kissing her when she’s already sober.

“I guess I am being given the signal to not give up on her.” Her eyes then shot open when she realised something. “Or is this dream just my way of coping? Ugh… I am going crazy…”

Who would’ve thought that she would turn out like this when it comes to love? She was good at everything aside from love and her mother actually told her that it’s because nobody is perfect. Joohyun pushed herself to stand up. Her head felt like there was a hole being drilled on it so she decided to just get up and prepare herself some coffee. 

She looked for her bag but her phone wasn’t there. She then found it on her blazer that was hung neatly on her study table’s chair. Joohyun was actually amazed that she managed to do that in her drunk state. She would normally just toss everything.

“Hm?” Joohyun fell into confusion again. She thought her phone died because of lack of battery but when she charged it, there was actually around 40% remaining on its battery life. “Did I turn it off by accident?”

She just chose to not GAF and went straight to the restroom to wash up. She didn’t even bother to wait until it booted back up. If she did, she would actually be surprised at the amount of failed calls from Seulgi last night. Oh, and don’t forget about the few phone calls from an unknown number. 

Joohyun only washed her face and brushed her teeth. She didn’t bother to change her clothes even though she was just in her office blouse and her . She probably tossed her skirt while she was asleep. Again, she felt weird to see that it was folded nicely on her chair but she just thought that it was probably her drunk self giving her a pleasant surprise.

The owner of the house went out and went straight to her kitchen. She couldn’t believe how each movement made her dizzy. She thought she really went all out last night but what she didn’t know was she got spiked. She already washed her face but still couldn’t open her eyes properly because of dizziness.

With her eyes half-opened, she made herself some coffee from her coffee maker. She waited for the coffee to finish dropping while leaning on the countertop and her head down. “I’m going crazy…” She mumbled as she massaged her temple.

“You are crazy.”

Joohyun almost shrieked when she heard someone talk behind her. She almost fell down when she saw that it was Seulgi with her hair looking like a lion’s mane. The younger girl couldn’t even open her eyes properly. She still looked half-asleep while scratching her tummy.

“S-Seulgi!?” Joohyun shouted.

Seulgi turned to her with a weak frown. “Don’t shout… It’s early in the morning.”

The last time Joohyun checked, it was already past 12 but hey, that’s not what’s important now. “W-W-What are you doing here!?”

The younger girl started to gently rub sleep off of her eyes. She looked rather disappointed. “You don’t remember? That’s a waste… How can you regret what happened if you don’t remember anything? Anyway… Can you make me a cup of coffee too?”

“W-Wait! What happened last night? How come you are here?” Joohyun followed her as she walked towards the restroom for visitors. “Why is your cheek bruised!? What happened to you?”

“Is the toothbrush I used last time still here?” Seulgi asked, still not able to open her eyes properly, completely ignoring the questions Joohyun was throwing at her. 

“I-It’s still there b-but—”

“Let me just brush my teeth before I talk, okay, Director Bae?” Seulgi yawned as she stretched her arms upwards. “I need to use the restroom too.”

“O-Okay.” Joohyun tried to calm herself down but she couldn’t. There’s no way she won’t be able to not GAF about this. She panicked even more when she realised that she wasn’t wearing any pants at all so she ran straight to her room to grab anything that would clothe her. She sniffed her blouse and her nose scrunched when the smell of alcohol hit her nose. She hurriedly took it off, busting a few buttons in the process, before grabbing a random t-shirt.

When she went out, Seulgi was already back from her trip to the restroom and was already sipping her coffee. “Ah~ Nothing beats morning coffee~”

“H-Hey!” Joohyun called out to her while doing those little steps towards her. “That’s mine!”

“Hm?” Seulgi’s brows shot up but her eyes still looked sleepy. “I thought you already brought yours in your room and this one was the one you made for me…”

Joohyun let out a loud sigh before grabbing a new cup for her. She went to make another drip while Seulgi just watched her. She could feel the intense stare of her junior towards her but Joohyun pretended that she was focused with her coffee. She then flinched when Seulgi suddenly placed her head by her shoulder, her free hand on Joohyun’s waist. Oh how the tables have turned!

“W-What—”

“Why did you wear pants?” Seulgi whispered in her ear. “I hurriedly washed up so I can stare more on your legs.”

“Hey!” Joohyun was about to give Seulgi her usual body blow attack but Seulgi developed the skill to evade such an attack. She also avoided spilling her coffee in the process. Seulgi just stared at her in their silence. 

“W-What’s that for?” Joohyun asked, her heart was playing drum rolls. 

Seulgi stayed silent for a moment. She then retreated from the staring contest and sighed. “I just thought you liked that kind of skinship. Sorry.”

The bassist silently walked back to the couch. She placed her cup of coffee by the table before folding the blanket that she used last night. “I’ll just finish my coffee and leave.”

Joohyun felt her chest tightened. “T-Tell me first what happened last night.”

“Are you going to make me something?” Seulgi nonchalantly asked. “Like ramyeon?”

The older girl sighed. She didn’t know if that sigh was of relief or of annoyance. “With egg?”

“Yes please~”

Joohyun then silently prepared ramyeon for the two of them. Seulgi just sat on the couch while drinking her coffee. “You can actually start talking now, you know?”

“Nah…” Seulgi groaned. “I’m really hungry right now. Please let me have something to put in my stomach first.”

And Seulgi was really, really hungry. She managed to eat her portion in just a few minutes after Joohyun placed the food on the table. “Is your stomach okay?” The older girl asked. 

“I’m okay.” Seulgi leaned to her chair and closed her eyes. “Now I feel like living. Oh, hangover…”

“I believe you can start talking now.” Joohyun said before taking a slurp of her noodles. 

There was another long silence from Seulgi which caused Joohyun to look at her. “Seulgi?”

The other girl just let out a sigh. “Don’t… drink like that again, okay? If you want to go crazy, you can always call me.”

“Huh?”

Seulgi enlightened Joohyun by showing her the pictures she took. Joohyun was even more shocked when she watched the video and witnessed how Seulgi was slapped by Director Lim. She suddenly felt her blood boiling. 

“T-That old-geezer!” Joohyun gritted her teeth. “How on earth could he do this!?”

“Everything is settled for now. There’s nothing to worry about.” Seulgi tilted her head to the side before giving Joohyun a smile. “I’ll make sure that it will be over for him once he does something against you again.”

“Seulgi-ya…” Joohyun felt so touched. “Thank you so much. If you weren’t there—”

“I know it’s not your fault if you want to drink to your heart’s content but just be mindful of the people around you as you drink.” Seulgi closed her eyes again. “Aren’t I your drinking buddy? Just call me when you need someone to drink with. I can always go as long

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter