Overtime Playlist #1

Overtime Playlist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

IF there was a major called Bachelor of Science in Giving Up Major in Lifelong Regret then Kang Seulgi would surely ace it and will forever be the Dean's Lister. She'd surely graduate with flying colours.

When Seulgi was young, she loved doing arts, especially sketches. Her art was often chosen for competitions and was praised by her classmates. But when her homeroom teacher started criticising her work and ultimately belittling her in front of the whole class by saying, "You call this art? There's no art in this at all." to an artwork she spent the whole weekend doing, Seulgi didn't join any art contest and didn't pick up her pencil to draw again.

When she was in highschool, she also showed interest in singing. She auditioned to their church band as a singer but was ultimately rejected, being told that she doesn't have any singing talent at all. She was then told to do instruments and Seulgi, being the obedient girl that she is, did what she was told and started learning instruments. Her passion was singing but she gave it up with those words of their leader engraved in her mind.

She never sang in front of anyone ever again.

When she took CSAT, she actually earned enough points for her to enroll in one of the best universities in Korea. But there were many things that caused her not to pursue it. She was discouraged by her relatives, her family couldn't afford the tuition fee, her father didn't want her away from home and so on.

But her biggest regret was not continuing to that school all because she wanted to be with someone who ended up with someone else. She was such a big coward that she wasn't even able to confess her feelings to the said person before they were taken, and ultimately got married to someone else.

And now, after giving up her hobbies, her hopes and dreams and even her love, Kang Seulgi works as a company slave. She lives her life like a zombie going into an endless cycle of boring everyday life. She's basically just turned into a 'normal adult', spending nights dealing with regret on why she didn't pursue the things that she believed made her happy at the very least.

"Seulgi-ssi, are you still not done?" Their Team Manager asked. The said guy is already prepared to go home.

It's just one of Seulgi's normal days where she's the one left in the office while doing the job of others.

"I'm still analysing some data, I need to turn the results into a PPT file so I don't think I can go home early today."

"It to be the favourite of our Section Manager, right?"

Seulgi just laughed at that comment. She knows for sure what their Team Manager is talking about. Others think that she's being abused to do the work that she isn't supposed to do but for her, it feels like her presence is being validated and appreciated. There's no place for negativity in her already boring life.

"Don't go home so late, okay? Also, make sure to put your name as the writer of the report and send it to him as a PDF file. Got it?"

"Got it, Team Manager! Take care on your way home."

Seulgi continued to smile even after the team manager left. "There's no need to worry about me since I live here." she chuckled to herself as she continued working.

She's living at the company dormitory anyway. The whole company owns a building and some floors are being used as dormitories for employees who aren't married yet. Once you get married, you have to go out.

The next time she took a look at the time, it was already past 9PM. If it wasn't because of her grumbling stomach then she won't be able to notice how much time has already passed.

"I should get some snacks and a cup of coffee. Getting hungry really quickly is never good."

She stood up, went to the pantry and took some snacks, made herself a cup of coffee before coming back to her desk.

Since it was only her left in their office, Seulgi started singing. No one will be there to judge her anyway unless there's a ghost who was once a music teacher lingering on that floor.

Staying late at work was never a problem to her. She's a big introvert and has no outside life anyway. Their company

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter