Track #11

Overtime Playlist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

MINJOO was surprised when she felt Yujin’s palm on her face, gently caressing her cheek. Minjoo pulled her hand that was busy doing Yujin’s makeup.

“Is something wrong, Jinnie?” Minjoo asked.

“Nah…” Yujin continued to caress the secretary’s face with her thumb. “It seems like you lost a lot of weight, Minjoo. Are you eating properly?”

Minjoo gave her girlfriend a reassuring smile. “I just don’t have the appetite lately but I am okay.”

Yujin dragged her seat a little closer. “Are you sure?” She worriedly asked.

The secretary gave her a nod before leaning to her hand. “Yes, I am sure. If you’re still worried then maybe you can treat me to dinner later.”

“Sounds good to me.” Yujin then tucked Minjoo’s hair behind her ear. “I’ll make sure you eat well. Can I spend the weekend at your home this week too?”

“Mm!” Minjoo smiled giddily which made Yujin smile as well. “You know you’re always welcome in my house.”

“What the… There are other people in the room!” Seungwan couldn’t help but to roll her eyes at the scene. “I just wished Sooyoung was here as well so I am not getting jealous like this.”

“What are you being jealous of?” Minjeong shook her head. “You go home with Joy-unnie waiting for you everyday. Those two have to set their schedule just to spend time with each other.”

But Seungwan chose to not listen to her. “I really miss Sooyoungie now. Aren’t you jealous of them, Minjeongie? Don’t you think it’s time for you to find your own romance?”

“Romance?” Minjeong scoffed. “You know I am not into romance, Unnie. I am not interested in any romantic relationship.”

“Here she goes again.” Seungwan put her hand behind her nape. “No one has gotten your interest?”

“I am just making sure the generational curse ends with me. My sister already fell on it.” 

Minjoo flinched a bit and Yujin noticed it. Minjeong was talking about the endless cycle of cheating and divorce in their bloodline.

“What?” Seungwan smirked at the absurdity. “You know that generational curses aren’t being broken just by literally not engaging in any romantic relationship. You better shoot your shot on the person that you’re interested to before you miss the chance~”

Minjeong turned to Seungwan with a frown. “Who said I have someone I am interested in?”

The older girl shrugged her shoulders. “You purposely answered something else just to avoid lying since we all know your symptoms when you lie.”

“I-I am not—ACHOO!”

Seungwan sneered. “There it goes.”

“Oops. Seems like someone just told a lie.” Yujin, who is finally done with her makeup, went towards them.

“I didn’t lie—ACHOO!” 

“Yeah right~” Yujin sat at the vacant chair beside Seungwan. “It’s your turn now, Pinocchio~”

“Ah, really…” Minjeong stood up while wiping her nose. “Why am I born like this?”

Seungwan snickered. “You were born to live a life of no lies.” 

Minjeong then sat in front of Minjoo. She just shut up to get rid of her itchy nose. Minjoo just chuckled before proceeding to apply makeup to her.

“Is Seulgi-unnie going to be okay though?” Yujin asked Seungwan. The latter let out a deep sigh.

“I hope she manages to control her nerves.” Seungwan leaned forward. “That woman is already on her way to rescue her.”

“Man…” Yujin slouched. “Do you really think our sensors are broken?”

“No way. I properly developed my sensors so that no more JoyGi incidents will happen in my life.” The keyboardist started rubbing her chin. “She’s definitely attracted to Seulgi, she’s just not fully aware of it yet.”

“She probably never had a relationship with a girl before?” Yujin yawned and was about to rub her eyes but Minjoo was quick to warn her. She gave her girlfriend a smile before putting her hands down.

“I don’t know. We really don’t know much about her at all. But one thing is for sure.” Seungwan deadpanned. “She might not be as strong as we think she is.”

“What do you mean, Unnie? She’s freaking scary!” Yujin started rubbing her shoulders.

Minjeong and Minjoo were just listening to whatever they were talking about. All of Minjeong’s attention was actually on them. She trusts Minjoo about her makeup 101% anyway.

Seungwan’s lips flinched to the side. “She isn’t being so slick, you know? What do you think is the reason why she tells us that her boyfriend broke up with her? If you look at things carefully, there’s really no need to tell us about it if she doesn’t really care about what we think about her.”

“Didn’t she say she doesn’t want us to misunderstand whatever she does for Seulgi-unnie?” Yujin asked with a knot on her forehead. 

“I don’t really think Director Bae is the type to be concerned about it.” Seungwan straightened her back as she crossed her hands across her chest. “My sensors believe that she’s telling us something else.”

“What do you think it is?” Minjeong couldn’t handle it anymore and joined the conversation. Minjoo took a pause with what she was doing and also turned to Seungwan.

“Tell us, Sales Genius, Son Seungwan-nim~” Yujin eagerly said. “What are your sensors telling you?”

The great sales genius raised her chin up, her eyes narrowed. Her followers dongsaengs were awaiting her answer. 

“Easy.” Seungwan started. ““We already broke up so stop getting in the way. Let us be. I need Seulgi.”, is probably what she wanted to say. My G Sensors don’t lie.”


 

 

 


 

“CALM the hell down, Kang-daeri. You’re going to ruin your makeup.”

The two are in Joohyun’s office as the director was trying to calm Seulgi down. Her nerves were much stronger than when they performed during the prelims.

Seulgi was pacing back and forth when Joohyun pulled her to sit by the sofa but Seulgi’s uneasiness didn’t end there. Her legs started rocking uncontrollably as she bit her thumbnail.

Joohyun smacked her by the shoulder. “What on earth is wrong with you this time!?”

“S-S-Sorry, D-Director!” Seulgi shrieked. “I-I don’t know what’s w-wrong with me as well!”

Joohyun pulled her hand down from her lips and kept holding it. “Calm your nerves! You have to do well. Our company is one of the few lucky ones that Taeyeon-ssi is going to visit! You have to leave an impression!”

But that encouragement brought a different effect on Seulgi as the girl started to whimper.

“P-P-Please just have S-Seungwan do it!” Seulgi held Joohyun’s hand back, tightly. “I-I c-can’t do it. I-I can’t face Taeyeon-ssi!”

“Hm?” Joohyun frowned. “So it is Taeyeon-ssi that you are worried about and not the cameras, huh?”

Seulgi’s face turned beet red, making Joohyun’s brows twitch. “Don’t tell me you have a crush on her—“

“N-No, Director! I-I-It’s not like that!” Seulgi let go of Joohyun’s hand and held her own head.

“Your face says the opposite.” 

“I-It’s not like that… For real…” Seulgi slouched lower. “When we’re performing, I have the bass with me so it’s alright. It’s the only thing I get praised at so I have a bit of confidence with it… But now… I-I have to t-tour T-Taeyeon-ssi around… W-With all the cameras following us. Why do they have to force me to do it…”

Joohyun leaned back at the sofa, her eyes fixed on that worried face of her junior. “Come on, Kang-daeri… They probably saw the potential in you that’s why they chose you. You don’t have to worry too much.”

“I am worried that I might make a mistake and affect the band as a whole.” Seulgi started with her unnecessary worrying. “It will all be broadcasted!”

“Kang-daeri.” Joohyun aggressively removed Seulgi’s hands away from her head before cupping her face. “Clear your mind, think of something else. Think of something you love or something that you enjoy doing. Try not to think of today’s task. Think of something you hold dear in your heart.”

“Something I hold dear in my heart?” Seulgi calmed down a bit as her eyes rested on her director’s face. 

“Yes.” Joohyun looked her straight in the eyes. “Everything is going to be fine, Kang-daeri. Think about Sooyoung-ssi or anyone else that calms your heart.”

Seulgi was put in a daze. She could smell the familiar fruity and floral scent of her director. She gulped.

“T-Then… W-Will it be fine if I think of you, Director?”

Joohyun’s eyes widened. “W-What—”

Seulgi then gently held her hand and suddenly started to breathe in on her wrist, inhaling her scent. “K-Kang-daeri, w-what are you doing!?” Joohyun immediately pulled her hand back which snapped Seulgi back to reality.

“A-Ah!” Seulgi jumped out of the couch before kneeling on the floor. She raised her hands. “I-I’m sorry, D-Director! I-I was out of my head! I’m really sorry! I-It’s just that your scent somehow calmed me down! I–”

“What are you, a puppy? Do you think I am your dam!?” Joohyun marched back to her desk while Seulgi was dying inside for embarrassing herself again. The latter was then surprised when she felt something being sprayed on her wrists. She looked up at her hands and saw Joohyun spraying her perfume on it.

“There.” Joohyun stepped. “That’s my perfume. If you think that calms you down then just take a smell of your wrist whenever you need to calm down.”

Seulgi was startled. She pulled her arms down in a flash and took a sniff of her wrists and it’s true. Director Bae’s scent is on her. The bassist turned to their band manager with those surprised eyes. Joohyun was already looking at her. 

“Stand up, Kang-daeri. It’s about time Taeyeon-ssi will arrive. The production crew is already waiting at the ground floor too. Let’s go.”

She then stretched her arm towards Seulgi but the latter just looked at her hand. Rolling her eyes, Joohyun took the initiative to hold Seulgi’s hand and pull her back to her feet.

She immediately lets go right after Seulgi is back to standing. “Let’s go.”

“Y-Yes, Director.”

The two then went out of the office and were welcomed with cheers from the other employees. Seulgi felt moved and surprised at the same time. She didn’t expect them to cheer her like that. Of course, Shin-chajang was stuck in his desk but the others showed how they were rooting at her.

“Do well and come back, Seulgi-ssi!”

“Don’t forget to take a picture with Taeyeon!”

“Try to bring Taeyeon in our department!”

“Fighting, Seulgi-ssi!”

She gave everyone a shy bow before following Joohyun who was looking proudly at her. They were already waiting for the elevator when Yerim suddenly came to them.

“Seulgi-daerinim~” Yerim called in a giddy tone. “You look much cooler today~! Director Bae did a fantastic job with your makeup!”

“R-Really?” Seulgi scratched her cheek with her pointing finger. “P-Power of makeup, I-I guess.”

“Let’s take a picture together later, okay?” Yerim asked as she clung on Seulgi’s arm. The bassist felt Joohyun’s glare on them and oh how her hair raised in fright.

“I-I-I will try.” Seulgi gently pulled her arm from Yerim. The younger girl then gave Joohyun a meaningful look before turning back to Seulgi.

“See you later, Seulgi-daerinim~ Fighting!” Yerim gave her a wink before skipping her way back to her desk. She’s so relieved that she got employed at a time where she can see Seulgi getting proper makeup that enhances her beauty.

“Phew…” Seulgi let out a sigh of relief. Joohyun just stayed silent. The two rode the elevator in silence.

Seulgi started to feel nervous again after looking at the elevator number going down so she breathed in a bit more of Joohyun’s scent. Watching Seulgi do it made Joohyun’s heart race.

“She seemed like she’s serious about you.” Joohyun started, making Seulgi twitch.

“W-Who?” She asked.

“Yerim-ssi…” Joohyun looked back at Seulgi before looking outside. “She got employed just for you. She even studied sign language just for you.”

Seulgi pressed her lips together in a faint smile. “She’s probably just bored.”

“Who gets bored and suddenly studies a whole new language?” Joohyun asked, a bit more sternly than intended.

Seulgi leaned at the elevator wall while looking at the ceiling. “Anyway, Director… You called me last night? Sorry, I wasn’t able to call you back.”

“Yeah, you were on another call.” Joohyun grumpily said. Seulgi then looked away while scratching her cheek.

“I-I was actually on a call w-with T-T-Taeyeon-ssi…”

Joohyun’s brows furrowed. She doubted what she just heard. “Taeyeon-ssi? Are you supposed to be joking? You need to practise your delivery—“

“I-It’s t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter