Track #18

Overtime Playlist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   


 

“CAN’T we just go out and drink?”

Everyone turned to Seulgi after that sudden suggestion. The other three obviously wanted to go out and get wasted. Thankfully, Ryujin was there to handle things.

“What drinking are you talking about, Seulgi-unnie!? We are going to the studio tomorrow! Please let my TV debut go peacefully.” Ryujin dropped herself on the sofa. “And please, I’ve been drinking all week long. Have mercy on me.”

“Well then…” Eyes turned to Yujin who seemed like she didn’t sleep last night. “You can just stay with us while we drink and then bring us home when we’re already dead—“

“Ya! I joined here as another instrumentalist! Not someone who takes drunk people home!” Ryujin started to softly slap Yujin’s cheeks in 16 beats. “Also, you have to blink or your eyeballs will dry out.”

“Ryujin, bring the drinks out.” 

Ryujin turned to Seungwan who looked like a dried vegetable begging to be watered (with alcohol). “Unnie, you’re the leader of this band! Now that Director Bae is not here, you should be the one keeping these people in the right mind.”

Seungwan scoffed weakly. “Then who will keep me in the right mind?”

“Argh!” Ryujin ruffled her hair in annoyance. She then turned to Minjeong who was glaring at her. “Ya, don’t glare at me like that. If you have any problem with me then say it. Staring at me won’t kill me.”

“I. Don’t. Have. Any. Problem. With. You.” Minjeong gave stress to every word only to sneeze three times in a row after. Ryujin rolled her eyes.

“Yeah, yeah. You’re such a good liar, Kim Minjeong.” 

Ryujin stood up and brought each member one by one to sit on the couch as if they were big action figures. She then pulled a chair and sat on it.

“Alright then.” The rhythm guitarist crossed her arms and hands. “Shin Ryujin’s version of The Broken Hearts’ Club is now open! Who’s going to go first?”

The four just looked at each other and did the weakest rock, paper and scissors that Ryujin ever witnessed. The outcome of the little tournament was: Seungwan -> Minjeong -> Yujin -> Seulgi.

Ryujin then pulled Seungwan to sit on her seat before sitting on the sofa with the others. “Come on, Unnie! We don’t have the whole night! We still have to go home!”

Seungwan’s shoulders dropped the moment the spotlight shone on her. “As you all know, we had a family gathering last weekend… I already had the hunch of what’s going to happen but it’s just that…

 

 


 

 



 

SEUNGWAN was happily playing with her nieces and nephews when one of her brothers-in-law came, making awkward movements towards her. The woman immediately noticed him and stood up while carrying the youngest on her shoulders.

“Y-You’re really having fun with the kids, Seungwan~ That’s very good to see.” The guy commented. Even the way he delivered it was so awkward.

“Yes, it’s been a while since I saw the kids. I really missed them!” Seungwan then danced a bit which caused the child in her shoulders to giggle. On the other hand, the guy let out an awkward laugh. 

“Then you should go have kids then! A-Ha-Ha…”

Seungwan just stared at the man for quite a while before letting out one word that was full of disbelief. “Y-Yes?”

“Hahaha…” Visible drop of sweat could be seen on the guy’s forehead. “I-I am just suggesting…”

With that, the guy hurriedly ran away, making an excuse that he would go fishing with their father. Seungwan was left dumbfounded.

When she was called by the aunts to help in washing the vegetables, Seungwan encountered another weird suggestion.

“I wonder what your children would look like~” One aunt said while giving awkward looks to the other aunts. “I believe they will be cute!”

With no intention of doing so, Seungwan didn’t notice that she had actually mistook the cabbage into a piece of clothing and washed it until it dissolved into molecules.

“Y-Yes?” Seungwan asked, still trying to smile.

The aunts just looked at each other before spatting more nonsense.

“You and Sooyoungie are a really good pair! W-W-We believe your kids will be really, really cute!”

“R-Right!” Another one seconded. “They’re both good at music! T-Their k-kids will be very gifted in music too!”

“I-I am e-excited to see little Seungwan and little Sooyoungie!” The youngest aunt said.

Seungwan started to laugh and the aunts started laughing as well. They laughed like that for three minutes straight, exchanging awkward glances.

“Let me… hahahaha… try my best…” Seungwan excused herself and brisk-walked where her father-in-law was fishing. She went to get her fishing rod and sat beside the man.

“Is there something wrong?” Mr. Park asked, opening one eye.

“N-Nothing, Appa.” Seungwan shook her head. “I-It’s just that…” The girl looked around, making sure they weren’t in some cursed place that caused people to go crazy. “...I think we’re in a horror movie now…”

“What are you even talking about?” The old man laughed before handing her a can of beer. “Just drink, daughter. I know it’s hard balancing your work and being a celebrity now~”

Seungwan sneered. Now, this is what you call a joke. She couldn’t help but wonder what happened to everyone. “I told you, Appa. We aren’t that big. We’re just really lucky now that the viewers and the judges like our music.” She then opened her can and started drinking.

“You’re still a pride of the family!” The man chugged his beer. “But still, don’t forget to spend time with Sooyoung. You girls still need to give me a grandchild—”

The man watched how Seungwan transformed into a beer fountain. The vocalist was chasing for her breath after the fountain show, she wiped her face with her arm and stood up. “S-Sorry, Appa… C-Can you watch my rod for a moment? I-I’ll just go to the restroom.”

Seungwan ran as fast as she could. Her ears automatically closed for her father-in-law who was calling her. She went inside the rest house and hurriedly looked for Sooyoung. She found the girl in the room allotted for them, taking out the gifts that the couple prepared for their nieces and nephews. She jumped into her wife and buried her face in her shoulders.

“Baby~~” Seungwan whined loudly, her eyes tearing up. “I-I don’t know what’s happening but everyone is acting weird!”

“What do you mean, Jagiya?” Sooyoung hushed her and led her to sit on the bed. “What’s happening? Why do you look so scared?”

Seungwan’s hold to her wife tightened as if her life was being threatened. “Baby… Everyone… They’re talking about us having a child! Everyone’s expecting for us to have babies as if one of us can produce !”

Sooyoung looked worried for a moment but then started laughing soon after, making Seungwan confused. “W-W-What’s funny about it?”

“Everything!” Sooyoung held her wife’s hand. “You completely forgot about it, right?”

“F-Forgot? About what?”

Sooyoung gave her a patient smile while giving her hand light presses. “You know… In order to get married to each other, we agreed to a condition… Don’t you remember about it?”

Seungwan’s eyes widened in shock as she remembered what it was. She brushed her fingers through her hair and sighed. “T-They are r-really serious about it? All this time I thought it was just a joke…”

Sooyoung pouted, giving her wife a smack on the shoulder. “What joke are you talking about? It’s really serious! We have to bear a child in exchange for them agreeing to our marriage. It’s been years since we married so I guess they are already waiting for it.”

There went another deep breath from Seungwan. She looked so helpless. “What are we going to do now, Baby?”

“You don’t have to worry so much, Jagiya.” the younger girl gave her light taps on her cheek. “I know your career is very important. Let me deal with childbirth. We can find a donor, do an invitro and have the baby planted on me. We can have twins in one go~”

“Sooyoung-ah…” Seungwan called with a weak voice. “Childbirth isn’t an easy thing. I am thankful and all but I am just really worried.” She then gently pulled her wife for a warm hug. “Can’t you just be my only baby forever?”

There was a soft yet lovely chuckle from Sooyoung. “I’m very much healthy and I believe tests will be run to make sure that pregnancy and childbirth will be safe. If that won’t work then we can always adopt a baby. I believe there are many kids waiting to have a family.”

Sooyoung then broke the hug to cup her wife’s face. “It’s not that you’re going to leave me once my body changes during and after pregnancy, right?”

“That’s ridiculous! I will never ever leave you! Not even until we are wrinkly and smelly!”

“Ya!” Sooyoung hugged the older woman again after giving her another shoulder smack. “Don’t worry too much. Just smile when they talk about it. We’re going to get through it~”

 


 

 



 

“OH…” Ryujin was taken aback after Seungwan finished her story. She could understand the hesitation of her Unnie since childbirth is indeed not an easy thing. You have to carry a human in your body for nine months, make sure that you’re healthy for the baby to be healthy as well, get limited movements and have your body change to make room for the baby. “Now I understand…”

Ryujin bit her lower lip, she might have understood the situation but she couldn’t give Seungwan proper advice. “Well, uh… Uhm… Unnie I think—”

“Just trust Sooyoungie, Seungwan-ah.” Everyone turned to Seulgi who was sitting on the other end of the sofa. “I believe there’s no need to worry.”

“Seulgi…” Seungwan called. Worry was written all over her face. Those eyes showed more emotions now that they were fixed on Seulgi.  “I’m just afraid that something bad will happen to Sooyoung. You know… Childbirth…”

Seulgi’s eyebrows twitched in sudden realisation. She then lowered her head, a smile was pasted on her lips but sadness was clear on her eyes. “Right… Childbirth… But hey, not everyone is like that. Just like what Sooyoung said, there will be precautionary health tests if you’re going to choose in vitro. I also believe that adoption is not bad at all.”

The bassist gave her pianist best friend a comforting smile. “That baby will grow up having cool and loving parents in the form of you two. You can give a child in need the best gift that you can ever give.”

“Seulgi-ya…” Seungwan jumped to her best friend and gave her the tightest hug. “Thank you, Seulgi! Those words coming from you meant a lot to me!”

“You guys agreed about it so we can’t help it.” Seulgi chuckled while giving her best friend soft pats on the back. “I’ll help in taking care of Sooyoung whenever you need me.”

“Thank you, Seulgi!” 

A loud clearing of the throat was heard and the two turned to Ryujin. “I-I’m supposed to be the counsellor here but yeah… Thank you, Seulgi-unnie, for those wonderful words. I guess our leader is now back in her head.”

Ryujin then turned to Minjeong. “It’s your turn now, Sneezy Pinocchio.”

“TCH.” Minjeong moved to the seat that Wendy just abandoned. She just crossed her arms and glared at Ryujin. 

The rhythm guitarist just shook her head followed by the rolling of her eyes. “Come on, Minjeong-ah. I know you’re having bad blood with me. Spill the tea.”

“Aish…” Minjeong growled a bit. “First and foremost, I’m quite against having a new member because that means the prize money will now be divided into five.”

“Ya!” Ryujin’s eyes widened in disbelief. “Are you really hating me now because of that? A rhythm guitarist will give you a better view towards the trophy!”

“Nye, nye~” Minjeong also rolled her eyes. “We’re currently in first place in terms of views even without you. I believe we can manage without you!”

“Oh my gaaahd!” Ryujin looked up at the ceiling as if that would help her calm down. “You didn’t even sneeze after saying that! I don’t know how I should feel about that, Kim Minjeong! I didn’t know that you’re not just a cheapskate but you’re greedy as well!”

“Oh come on…” Yujin groaned in her place. “I know you’re having hard feelings about the money that’s not even with us yet. Just tell Ryujin why you’re being petty like this.”

“Petty!? Me? Being petty!?” 

That question from Minjeong was answered by the four with a synchronised nod. The girl completely gave up as her shoulders dropped. She then started massaging her temple before finally asking a question that shocked the Unnies.

“Ryujin… How long did you date Jimin-ssi?”

 

 

“You dated Yoo Jimin!?” Seungwan asked. “Seriously, Shin Ryujin!?”

“Oh my goodness… I know you’re a fly but you even dated Jimin-ssi, the company’s muse?” Seulgi bobbed her head, half-amazed yet half-confused on how they didn’t know anything about it.

“Can’t you just call me a bumble bee rather than a fly, Seulgi-unnie?”

“QUIET!” Minjeong shouted. “The flashback cue is already on! It’s time for the flashback!”



 

 



 

MINJEONG was taking out garbage when she saw the most unexpected person moving into the same one room building where she’s living. The two’s eyes connected for a while with Minjeong’s eyes quickly moving to the boxes the girl was carrying.

Jimin, on the other hand, looked at the garbage bags she was carrying and then to the building. “Y-You live here?” She asked.

“Y-You’re moving here?” Minjeong asked back.

Panic was seen on Jimin’s face. She politely passed the box that she was carrying to one of the moving agents before facing Minjeong again. 

“Please don’t misunderstand! I didn’t know that you live here!” Jimin was looking everywhere aside from Minjeong’s face. “I don’t intend to make you feel uncomfortable.”

“It’s fine—achoo!” Jimin watched Minjeong rub her nose with her shoulder since both her hands were occupied. “Sorry, I had a general cleaning at home today—achoo! The dust seemed to—achoo! Get on me—achoo!”

“Are you okay, Minjeong-ssi?” Jimin asked, placing a hand at the back of Minjeong.

“I’m okay! Achoo!!” Minjeong rubbed her silly nose again, cursing it internally. “Let me just throw these, I’ll help you in moving your stuff.”

And that’s exactly what Minjeong did. She helped Jimin in moving her things and even went to eat lunch with the said girl after they just moved everything in.

“What made you move?” Minjeong asked. They were eating black bean noodles that, of course, Jimin paid for. It was her payback for the help Minjeong gave. 

“Well…” Jimin swallowed before continuing. “I was living with my sister but she and her boyfriend decided to live together to test their compatibility before taking it to the next level. I don’t want to be a nuisance so I left.”

“I see…” Minjeong nodded to herself. “But you moved into the same building as me… out of all places…”

Jimin thanked the timing that she didn’t have anything on that time or else she would’ve choked. “I told you, I really didn’t know.”

“Yeah…” Minjeong smirked. The truth was she was actually really happy that Jimin transferred to the same building as her. She hated that truth but she couldn’t deny the fact that she’s actually happy—

“Also, I don’t have a crush on you anymore.”

Minjeong choked on her own saliva after hearing those words from Jimin. The other girl only poured her a glass of water but didn’t seem to be worried about her at all.

“What’s with that reaction, Minjeong-ssi?” Jimin asked, confusion evident on her face. “Aren’t you supposed to be happy? One annoying admirer just bumped her head and woke up into reality.”

“I-I’m sorry… I was just surprised.” Minjeong immediately covered her nose to stop the impending sneeze. ‘What the hell? She was really quick to change her mind about me!’

Jimin then cupped her face in embarrassment. “Also, I already have my eyes on someone else.”

Minjeong’s jaw hit the table. ‘Already? She is already eyeing someone else!?’

“I mean, you made it clear that you have no interest in me so why push myself to you? I would only make things hard for myself.” Jimin gave her a challenging smile. “It’s the best choice to just give up o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter