Track #26

Overtime Playlist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

MINJOO and Jimin looked at each other while fanning themselves. They were listening to Joohyun’s story and they were already in the spicy part of that fateful Saturday happening. The three were at Joohyun’s house, preparing for the upcoming game festival.

“So you chose her, that's why you guys are talking again, right?” Jimin asked, still couldn’t believe the sudden progress.

“Of course, I chose her. Only a fool would choose her brother. That’s not how it works.” Joohyun answered with a sigh. Remembering how hot their kisses that time still give her chills. It wasn’t like any kiss she had with her ex-lovers. The kisses she shared with Seulgi were simply the best.

Minjoo’s eyes widened in meme level after hearing that answer. “S-Sorry, Unnie… But I am just really curious…” The Secretary gulped. “How far did you—“

“Just kisses.” Joohyun’s shoulders dropped. “The mood was ruined. I thought everything would be fine after I chose her but yeah… I guess it won’t be that simple.”

“What do you mean?” Jimin asked, passing some popcorn to Minjoo. Joohyun’s eyebrows twitched, confused on where that popcorn came from.

“Hmm…” Joohyun thought aloud while gesturing to give her some of that popcorn too. Minjoo passed her the bucket, she grabbed some and put it on top of the table. “I guess Seulgi’s defences are still up. I thought I managed to break down her walls but it seemed like I only passed through the first layer.”

“Unnie, please get straight to the point… The suspense is killing me.” Minjoo was jogging into place, Jimin seconded her by nodding frantically.

Joohyun pressed her lips together before answering. “She asked me if it would be fine with me to be her additional playmate.”

“What!?” The two younger girls asked in sync. 

Minjoo was in huge disbelief. “Seulgi-unnie asked you something like that!?”

“Yeah…” Joohyun sighed as she leaned forward. “But it’s okay. I think I already found a way to force the Teddy Bear out.”

“And that’s with playing with the Wolf?” Jimin worriedly asked. “What if she’s just really playing with you?”

“I agreed but of course I am not just going to give it to her just like that.” Finally, a smile was seen on Joohyun’s face. “Seulgi clearly doesn’t want me to give up on her. I confirmed it at that time. She’s afraid that I would drop her down but there’s something inside of her that tells her not to trust me fully. I believe that’s the overall result of everything she has been through and I can’t blame her for that. But I can feel how giving her up gives her anxiety.”

“So are you saying that you’re going to deny it to her until she sees the truth that you aren’t here to play?” Jimin asked again.

“Exactly.” Joohyun answered as she crossed her arms. “I believe that Teddy Bear won’t like what she’s doing either. I want to show her that I chose Teddy Bear and not the Wolf. I initially agreed because I know if I disagree, I might totally lose hold of her…”

“I-Is it because she still couldn’t let go of Taeyeon-ssi even after confirming your stand between her and her brother?” Minjoo carefully asked which was answered with a weak nod by Joohyun. 

“That’s true.” Joohyun threw her back to the backrest. “When I told her that I won’t be doing it with her that day, she still stayed with me. But when she received a call from Taeyeon, even if I tried to stop her, she didn’t listen to me.”

“You don’t want to play anyway, what’s the point of staying here?” Those cold words of Seulgi before the girl left echoed at the back of her head. 

“What’s wrong with Kang-daeri-nim, for real?” Jimin asked while checking the wig that they are going to use at the event. “She didn’t want you to give up on her but she’s doing crazy things like that! Things that will hurt you…”

“I think she’s probably established a connection with Taeyeon-ssi somehow… That’s why she just couldn’t let go of her…” Minjoo lowered her gaze. “There’s probably something important that they are on the same page at.”

“I can see the possibility. She has a crush on Taeyeon even before all of this started. I guess doing all those things with her also weakened her heart for Taeyeon.” The young director let out another sigh. “Taeyeon was the one who gave her the confidence that she needed anyway… I was the one who was supposed to give it to her…”

“Joohyun-unnie…” Minjoo worriedly called.

“It’s also not impossible for Taeyeon to fall in love with her. I mean, I think she’s already showing signs….” Joohyun forced a smile to assure her dongsaengs. “Don’t worry, the important thing is I know that she just can’t let me go yet and we have to grab that chance.”

Jimin and Minjoo smiled as well. At the very least there is progress and they believe that Seulgi is also out there contemplating what to do next.

“Seulgi-unnie’s jaw will definitely drop if she sees you in this fit.” Minjoo giggled while looking at the costume. She then blushed in embarrassment while looking at her own costume. 

Jimin gave her a soft smack on the shoulder while snickering. “Why are you suddenly embarrassed now? Cosplaying is your own idea. We can’t let Joohyun-unnie do this all alone, you know?”

“But…” Minjoo sighed.

“Come on, Minjoo~ I have a Minjeong to tease and don’t you have a Yujin to surprise?” Jimin asked with a rose eyebrow and a smirk. “She surprised you last time and I believe it’s your time to give her a gift back~”

“But Yujin doesn’t like games…”

“She doesn’t like games but she likes you!” Jimin gave Minjoo a triumphant, silly smile. “Of course she will like you in this fit!”

“But this is so—”

“Ya! Stop complaining! Even Seungwan-unnie’s wife will be joining us so there’s no need to be shy!”

Joohyun just smiled while watching the two. She might be feeling a little shy but she also couldn’t wait to see what kind of reaction Seulgi would do once she sees her. Her mother did say that she has nothing to be shy of when it comes to love.

‘Just wait and see, Kang Seulgi.’



 

 



 

WEDNESDAY. The first time Joohyun asked Seulgi to play with her after she agreed to be her playmate. Joohyun was waiting the whole time for Seulgi to approach her for it but then she realised that Seulgi won’t be coming to her just like that. Seulgi would only start moving once she’s called as if she was a domesticated wolf. 

She didn’t approach Seulgi personally, instead she sent her a message. Joohyun was actually surprised at how fast Seulgi responded as she was just waiting for her as well. But, unlike those days where Seulgi would sneak out with Joohyun, Seulgi went to Joohyun’s place by herself–-driving a car of her own. 

When Joohyun commented about Seulgi having a car, the latter was honest enough to tell her that it was something that Taeyeon let her borrow. Actually, Taeyeon already gave it to her as a gift but Seulgi just won’t accept it like that. She’d surely return it once Taeyeon already had enough of her and throw it away. 

The singer gave her the car since she just won’t stay at her house whenever she’s invited. She never spent the night at Taeyeon’s place. They are just playing anyway and Seulgi found no reason to stay. Aside from saving money from taking the taxi back and forth, she can go straight to Taeyeon once she’s called. The singer registered the car to her manager’s name so that Seulgi won’t be asked whenever she comes to play.

With Seulgi bringing the car, Joohyun knew that Seulgi had no plans to stay the night. She was clearly drawing the line that they’re just playing. Despite the pain that it inflicted her, Joohyun chose not to mind it. What’s important is Seulgi would still spend time with her though Joohyun knew she would surely disappoint her. 

It was after practice that they left and they arrived at Joohyun's apartment in just a short moment. Joohyun waited for Seulgi to finish parking so that they would ride the elevator together and she couldn’t explain how her heart was in a frenzy just by watching Seulgi walk towards her. Oh how her breath hitched when Seulgi just looked down on her before holding her by the hand. 

“I thought you actually backed out.” Seulgi commented while looking at the elevator number going down. Her hold to Joohyun’s hand tightened. “I am actually pretty excited now.”

“Y-Yeah…” Joohyun awkwardly looked away. She can’t say the real reason she called her now since there’s still a huge chance that Seulgi would just walk away. 

“Hm?” Seulgi cutely pressed her lips together. “You don’t seem excited at all, Joohyun.”

Joohyun worried about being busted. Thankfully, the elevator was there to save her. Without saying a word, she pulled Seulgi inside with those inviting eyes. She knew she’s still okay when she saw a smile lit up Seulgi’s face. 

She could feel how Seulgi wanted her. The bassist kept her close even though there was a huge space for the two of them in the elevator. Seulgi had her arm wrapped around Joohyun’s waist but Joohyun didn’t know how to respond at all. She knew the resolve not to give in was slowly being melted down but she also knew well that if someone’s going to be in control, it has to be her. 

When they finally reached her unit, Seulgi was already hugging her by the back. She could feel her breath by her neck and Joohyun felt like she was losing herself again.

“S-Seulgi…” Joohyun faced the other girl and she was surprised that Seulgi was already aiming for a kiss but she quickly avoided it. She knew Seulgi made a face even though she didn’t see it. “L-Let me take a shower first…”

“Do you want to shower together?” Seulgi asked while trying to make her look at her but Joohyun kept on moving away. “We don’t have much time, you know?”

‘Shower together!? Has this bear lost her mind!? When did you even learn that!?’

“N-No…” Joohyun tried her hardest to push those arms of Seulgi away. “I-I’ll be really quick.”

The Wolf’s eyebrows twitched. She took a deep breath as she let go of Joohyun. “Alright then. I’ll shower in the guest restroom then.”

“O-Okay!” Joohyun quickly ran towards her room, leaving Seulgi in suspicion. It only took one shower for her to confirm her hunch and Joohyun was right, Seulgi was not just disappointed but awfully devastated when she her gaming PC. Seulgi looked at her with utter disbelief.

“Don’t tell me you actually called me here to play games.” Seulgi asked. Joohyun could only give her an awkward laugh.

“W-We’ll be playmates like this, aren’t we? Ha-ha…”

Seulgi’s gaze became stern. “I knew it. You never had the intention to do this game with me.” Seulgi grabbed her phone, wallet and keys which sent Joohyun into panic. “If you want tutorials just search for it on the internet. You don’t have to bother me like this—“

“S-Seulgi-ya!”

Joohyun quickly blocked Seulgi’s way out. The younger girl just looked at her with those bored eyes.

“Come on, don’t be like this…”

“Don’t be like this?” Seulgi’s eyes narrowed. “You know the reason why I came here but you led me on. I guess this is really your special skill—“

“No, no, no!” Joohyun held her by the hands in panic. “I-It’s really not like that Seulgi. I just really want to let you know that I just want you here. Even without doing something intimate, I just want you with me. Just being with you like this is enough for me.”

Seulgi just stared at Joohyun while she could feel her heart being crumpled. ‘I know… I know what you mean… But I just couldn’t believe you just like that…’

“Seulgi…” Joohyun called in that pleading voice that shook Seulgi’s heart even more. “I want a deeper relationship with you. Deeper than whatever you have with Kim Taeyeon. I didn’t call you for some temporary heat, I just simply want to be with you…”

The taller girl looked away before letting out a sigh. She shook Joohyun’s hands away and went back. She then sat in front of the gaming PC. “What is it that you need help with? Let’s get it done so I can leave quickly.”

A smile of relief curved up Joohyun’s lips. She hurriedly went to Seulgi and sat in between her legs. “That is if you can leave~”

Seulgi could only sigh at Joohyun’s cuteness. ‘You’re making me crazy…’

“Look, Seulgi. It’s not actually a quest that I need help with.” Joohyun then showed Seulgi the amount of primogems* that she has and Seulgi’s eyes widened instantly. “I have already gathered this much and I wonder if the current five star character is worth it.” (*primogems is like in the in-game currency needed to buy ‘fates’ that you can use to roll for the banner)

“When did you even manage to gather this much?” Seulgi asked before grabbing the mouse to see if Joohyun actually purchased primos. She had to blink her eyes rapidly because Joohyun’s record was clean. All the bonuses were still there. 

Seulgi then checked the map and was surprised to see that Joohyun already cleared 100% of the first three regions of the game which means she already found all the treasure chests and all the puzzles that would give her primogems from that area. Seulgi was also amazed that Joohyun was already starting with the quests on the fourth region.

“Wow… What have you been doing all this time, Joohyun? Do you even sleep?”

That question was answered with a cute chuckle from the other girl. “Just like what you said, it’s actually a really fun game. These days, this is all that I do when I get home. It’s not just fun but it also helps me learn more about the things that you love. So, the next time you talk about it, I can also respond to you and not just listen.”

“I see…” Seulgi’s tone softened. She was actually moved by Joohyun’s dedication. Being someone who spent a lot of time clearing those regions, she knew the time Joohyun spent on this one isn’t a joke.

The bassist then placed her chin on Joohyun’s shoulder. “I am glad that you’re enjoying it.” She then let go of the mouse before she wrapped her arms around Joohyun’s waist. Joohyun’s heart was in another wave of frenzy because of the contact. “Let’s roll for the character.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter