~ Chapter 8 ~

At the end of the rainbow 🌈

3rd POV

The sun shone brightly since the morning, a good sign of no drastic changes for the rest of the day…no plans were about to be ruined on many’s weekend agenda. That was one thing Bora and Siyeon were glad of, as they began getting ready for their upcoming picnic date. Both were looking forward to this day, in particular Siyeon. It was a nice escape from her usual four walls. And she’d definitely prefer such activities as compared to what JiU always had in mind. For Bora, she was just excited to be getting to know someone outside of work. Coming to just a stable hold of her life, she was glad to have such an opportunity. Not that she wasn’t satisfied with her current social circle, but for an extroverted person like her, an extra contact on her phone was always welcome. 

-Eonnie, I’m on my way!- Excitement was clear in Siyeon’s tone. 

-Alright~~ Drive safely!- Bora returned the same excitement. 

-See you in a bit~- 

"Wah!” Siyeon lets the expression escape freely from as Bora enters the car. “Wait - why is there a cooler?!” 

“Hehe,” Bora grins, “You think I’ll be drinking only water? I packed a jar of fruit milkshake that I made myself. And also for you if you want some.” She adds kindly. 

Siyeon nods eagerly. “I understand, no worries, it is a cute cooler though.” She glances one more time at the medium-boxed sized cooler. 

“I know! I got it from a really nice camping shop downtown.” Bora buckles herself in and asks Siyeon if she could recline the chair back. 

“Of course! No need to ask,” Siyeon gives her an assuring grin. “How have you been eonnie? Doing well?” 

Bora smiles, “Yes I have. On Thursday we celebrated Geonwoo’s birthday. I finally satisfied my cake craving…” She gazes ahead wistfully, missing the taste of the delicious treat. 

Siyeon chuckles knowingly, “That must have been lovely. Don’t forget that I have cream rolls prepared.” 

“Yesss~” Bora looks at her like an excited puppy, “I will look forward to eating that. What about you?” 

“Mhm.” Siyeon nods, focusing a second on not running a little child over, “Our projects are going smoothly.” She answered properly once the coast was clear. 

“I’m glad to hear that - are we going to Seoul Forest Park?” Bora shifts her attention as she recognises the street.

“Aish, you beat me to that…” Siyeon sulked slightly as she turned into the familiar greenery.

Bora reaches over to ruffle her hair, “Haha~ I’m glad you chose this place.” 

After circling the parking lot for a decent 5 minutes, they finally found a spot kindly given by a leaving vehicle. 

“I swear, it’s always the weekend.” Siyeon grumbles under her breath. Sua chuckles and pats her clenched hands on the steering wheel.

Siyeon then took reflectors from the trunk to prevent her car from overheating like an oven for when they come back. 

Bora wished that she had packed a hat. The sun had only gotten brighter and brighter. She shades her eyes with her hand to see how far they were from the entrance. Not that far thankfully. 

“Eonnie, you want a hat?” Siyeon reads her mind, holding out a lavender cap that went beautifully with her dress. “The sun’s got lots of energy today.” They share a chuckle. 

“That’s visible,” Bora accepts the hat with a tiny ‘thank you’. She uses her phone reflection to wear it nicely. “Nice~~” She tucks her hair in front of her shoulders.

“Looks good on you~” Siyeon compliments, before getting one for herself, a white cap. She closes the compartment and walks round to retrieve the basket and mat she prepared. She immediately takes the cooler so that Bora had one less thing to carry. 

Bora sees that and immediately tries to take the cooler, “Siyeon!” 

“Eonnie please,” Siyeon twists her body away so that Bora wouldn't take it. “Let’s start walking hm?” 

Bora huffs but follows her footsteps, making sure that the car is locked. She grabs Siyeon’s open hand and they enter the park, greeted by roaming families, couples and groups of joggers. 

Despite the busy scene at the parking lot, not many were taking a place on the huge field for a picnic. A larger number were by the playground area… 

“Thank god there’s still a decent amount of space around here.” Siyeon was grateful, tugging Bora towards a shady spot close to the trees, but not far from an area of sun if they wanted to shift. 

“Feels great!” Bora swings Siyeon’s hand in hers, looking around excitedly. Siyeon chuckles. 

“I don’t know about you eonnie, but I’m ready to feast.” She lays out the mat, as her stomach audibly expresses her words. “Well, there’s some extra verification.” 

“HAHA!” Bora laughs, finding the timing of Siyeon’s words and stomach protest too funny. 

Siyeon finds herself smiling at the joy on Bora’s face. “What kind of kimbap did you prepare?”

Bora pats the space next to her, making sure Siyeon’s sitting too. “All the classics, but also tuna and braised beef.” She opens her basket to pull out containers of the savory rolls. “Do you mind using my chopsticks?” 

“I don’t mind,” Siyeon takes a pair and looks ready to devour a whole container in a second. Bora pinches her anticipating cheeks in amusement and opens the containers. 

“잘 먹겠습니다!” They rapped at the speed of light and dug in right away. 

Siyeon expresses the taste with her eyebrows. “This is it!” She takes two pieces at a time, also making sure to stack kimchi on top. 

Bora grins, removing her cap to let her hair fly in the wind. “Where is the tofu..?” 

“Hm,” Siyeon motions to a blue container, mouth full of food. “It’s my mom’s recipe.” Her words were muffled.

“What?” Bora chuckles, taking a tofu pocket onto her tupperware lid, to use it as a plate.

Siyeon swallows her food with an apologetic smile, “It’s my mom’s recipe.” 

“Mhm~” Bora nods, dipping the other half in mild soy sauce. “No wonder, it's so nostalgic!” 

Siyeon grabs one of her own, eating a whole pocket in one bite, which she had definitely underestimated. She pauses mid-bite, covering with her hand politely to chew it thorough. 

Next to her, Bora burst into laughter once again, hitting Siyeon’s shoulder as a habit. 

“I have a feeling you ate this way as a child too,” Bora comments knowingly after helping Siyeon drink some water to chug it down, “Too cute.” 

Siyeon sheepishly smiles, eye-smiling her way out of embarrassment. “Caught me.” She remembers something, taking her phone out of her purse. “Where is it…” She mumbles to herself, looking through her photo album. 

“Hm?” Bora gets curious, leaning onto Siyeon to see as well.

A picture of a two-year old Siyeon is shown, her younger self trying to fit an identical tofu pocket in . She had barely gotten ⅓ of it in. 

“Awww!” Bora looks closer, immediately noticing the similarity in facial features. “Both are fools~” Bora teases her, receiving a pout. 

“Rude much…” 

Bora only pokes her cheek affectionately. “Why don’t we recreate the photo?” 

“Okay!” Siyeon grabs her chopsticks, carefully picking up a pocket. 

“But don’t try to shove it all in again alright?” Bora warns in advance, patting a few stray strands down.

“Yes mother.” Siyeon replies jokingly. She removed her cap for the perfect recreation.

“1, 2, 3!” Click, Bora captures it perfectly. 

“HAHAHAHHA!” They laughed upon seeing the new version. 

“How do I still look the same…” Siyeon becomes speechless when she compares the two photos. “You took it well eonnie.” 

Bora couldn’t get over how similar both pictures looked. “I know,” She feeds Siyeon the tofu pocket, now eating it in the appropriate portion. “I’ve always been tempted to fit it all in my mouth but on second thoughts i know I would fail.” 

“Haha that’s smart of you. Usually my brain does what it wants.” 

“That’s possible,” Bora turns to open her cooler, getting her fruit milkshake out. She uses the cap as a cup for Siyeon to try some. “Here, try some.” 

They take their gulps, both expressing refreshment in their faces. 

“I need more.” Siyeon’s eyes shine with greed. Bora laughs but grants her request, pouring her a generous amount. 

“Hey, I’m curious about something,” Bora asks once they’ve both controlled their hunger. “When’s your birthday?”

“1st October.” Siyeon picks up a grape and throws it into . She nearly missed. “Eonnie's?”

“10th of August.” Bora motions for Siyeon to throw one into . “Me too, me too.” 

Siyeon lines up three in her hand, wearing a knowing smile. “Here I go…” 

The first grape she throws barely makes it to the corner of Bora’s mouth. But the woman acted fast to make sure she caught it. 

“Sweet,” Bora chews on the ripe fruit. “More please~” 

Siyeon laughs at her cute reaction but nods obediently, doing her best. She throws the next on perfectly. She receives a high-five from Bora, who looked impressed. 

“Last one.” Bora prompts, leaning back a little for a challenge. 

Siyeon notices the slight shift and focuses her aim onto her pretty face. Well, actually. She extends her arm and releases it from her fingers.

The grape flew high, spinning mid-air. Siyeon was certain that it would go in perfectly. It did. 

“Wahh!~ So accurate!!” Bora celebrates her three successful throws by shaking her body. “Cool skills.” 

“Because of eonnie it was fun…” Siyeon reasoned, despite being the one hardest at work during the moment. “By the way the octopus sausages are super cute.” Siyeon uses a fork to pick one up, admiring the lower half of the sausage cut into tentacles. She then ate it whole. 

“Haha, I do it all the time,” Bora shrugs. “I’ll take some of it too.” 

Siyeon naturally takes her hand in hers and pinches her skin lightly. Bora notices but doesn't retract her hand, pushing it closer so that it was easier for her to take. She had soon realised that it was a habit of Siyeon's since the drive back from the ferry.

“Eonnie, why do you keep poking my cheeks.” Siyeon states half-jokingly, half-seriously, after Bora fed her two-pieces kimbap. 

“Their just cute!” Bora innocently replies, poking Siyeon’s cheeks for the nth time. “I like cute things.”

Siyeon got what she meant immediately. “I’m an object now?” 

“Noo…” Bora replies with full of rice, “I like paying attention to what I find cute.” She explains, this time having another intention in mind. 

“I guess I'm flattered~” Siyeon releases her hand to close the empty container of tofu pockets. 

Bora saw her chance. She tickles the side of Siyeon’s body. 

She only receives a slight bounce from the woman, who turned back with accusing eyes. Bora blinks innocently.

“What do you think you're doing?”

Bora continues to smile innocently. 

Siyeon gets her mini-speaker from her purse to put on some music. “What genre are we feeling?”

“RnB!” Bora requests. Siyeon hums in approval. 

“Do you know the song 'Winter'?” 

“Ah that one.” Bora relays a part of the lyrics from her memory. 

“Yeah! Love that song.” Siyeon presses play. 

Bora notices something. She comments on the badge that Siyeon’s bag wore. “Are you a volunteer?”

Siyeon follows her gaze and grins when she sees it too. “When I can, I participate in volunteer work, mainly helping in food banks or singing for elderly. This was from the food bank near Seodaemun-gu.” 

Bora nods in recognition, mouth opening in amazement. “That’s really touching.” 

Siyeon smiles sincerely. “It’s gratifying as well.” 

“During my time in College, I was always doing volunteer work.” Bora reminisces, “After she comes out I’ll definitely be more actively involved.” She mindlessly rambles, and Siyeon beams at her words. 

“Do you have a career switch in mind after giving birth?” Siyeon questions.

Bora thinks about it. She shook her head. “I’d like to keep my job as a librarian if I can, and focus on raising her well.” 

Siyeon nods understandingly, “I’m sure you’ll be a fantastic mother.” 

“Haha, thank you.” Bora’s heart is always warm at such words. “Would you like to meet her?” 

“100%!” Siyeon cheerfully replies, turning her face towards Bora’s belly, “Child, make your mother proud.”

Bora laughs heartily, “Oh that I’ll make sure of.” 

They settle into a comfortable silence, Siyeon taking the opportunity to admire the woman she was with a little more. She nearly slips out a romantic line as she’s captivated by how the sun rays hit her mature yet youthful face, her joyful laughter and words tugging at her heartstrings. 

Bora catches her lingering gaze with a tilted head, smiling when she realized Siyeon was simply staring at her. She lets her do so, finishing the rest of her milkshake. She motions with her chopsticks to ask if Siyeon wants the last bite of kimbap. Siyeon shook her head, watching as Bora ate it with a satisfied hum. She chuckles when she sees a spot of sauce on the corner of . Unknowingly, she reaches over to wipe it off but Bora’s tongue comes out simultaneously. 

“Sorry.” The apology was swiftly said. Bora grins at her shyness, dismissing her apology with another cheek pinch. 

“Sweet rolls?” Siyeon remembers about dessert, looking at Bora for confirmation. 

She got a thumbs up. A sweet aroma fills their little bubble. 

“Thank you so much for this.” Bora grabs a pre-cut roll and easily eats half of it in one-bite.

“You’re welcome,” Siyeon replies with a slight chuckle, “Enjoy it.” 

“When we meet next time we’ll have to try this new crepe restaurant in my neighbourhood.” Bora suggests, “You like sweet foods right?” 

“Of course and crepe sounds delish. Will you take the reins instead then?” She grins.

Bora nods furiously. “You have been so generous when it’s supposed to be the other way round.” 

“This is what happens when you have two people that like to give,” Siyeon concludes, “Though I won’t complain, this is a pleasant change to routine.” She adds pointedly. 

“That is mutual.” Sua nods. 

Siyeon shifts herself to lie down. There was enough space to fit her upper body on the mat, while her lower body rested on the grass. She didn’t mind much since she was wearing pants. 

Bora only notices that after cleaning up her boxes, quickly re-packing her basket to assist her. 

“Singnie,” Bora uses her nickname, “Move up a little so your pants won’t be dirty.” She pats on her outstretched legs that fit perfectly within the mat, meaning to ask Siyeon to lie her upper half on her lap. 

“It's alright.” Siyeon softly refuses, but gulps in fear when Bora hits her with a do-not-argue-with-me gaze.

“It’s no problem Singsing,” Bora adjusts Siyeon’s hair neatly as she moves up. “The more you know me, the more you’ll know that I love skinship.”

Siyeon smiles knowingly, “I think I know it already with your tendency of hitting me while you laugh or shaking my shoulders when you’re annoyed.”

Bora isn’t offended and chuckles, “Wow, you’ve caught on quickly!”

“Eonnie, you do it with every few words you say.” Siyeon stated, and as a habit, usually in response to anything being discussed about her, Bora grabbed her shoulders and shook them with a playful expression.

“See!” Siyeon curls to her right, in an attempt to shield herself. Her words are proven as she protests with laughter.

“Agreed” Bora gives in, and stops shaking the latter. “Sorryyy~” She caresses Siyeon’s shoulder.

Siyeon ‘tsked’ at her, feigning resentment.

“Give me a bite,” Siyeon reaches up by herself to take a bite from the roll in Bora’s hand. Bora does so, but purposely spreads extra cream on .

“Eonnie!” Siyeon protests, sitting upright. Bora laughs evilly and snaps a shot before Siyeon could it away. 

“You're so mean.” She pouts.

“Too cute~” Bora ignores her complaint, reviewing the photo she just took.

Siyeon lets it go, but thinks of revenge in the back of her mind. She twitches when Bora starts poking the side of her stomach again.

"Yah, where’s your ticklish spot?” Bora questions aloud.

Siyeon was definitely not telling her where.

“aaaAAHH↗️ Eonnie!” Siyeon curls up in protest when Bora starts tickling her armpits. Too late, her target was secured.

“Mwahahaha!” Bora pays no attention to her protests, mercilessly attacking the discovered ticklish spot.

“Someone save me please!” Siyeon mumbles weakly, accepting her fate as she tries to avoid Bora hands.

“HAHA!” Bora stops at once, pushing Siyeon down gently to relax. She leans back on her hands to show that she wouldn’t tickle her anymore.

Siyeon cautiously lies back down, never losing eye contact with Bora’s which held a glint of mischievousness.

“Let’s calm down,” Bora wears the lavender cap again when the sun starts to shine strongly. 

“Hm...let’s talk hobbies!” Siyeon replies, appreciating Bora’s shifted stance to shield her face from the sun rays.

“Hobbies?” The topic interests Bora. “I have a few.”

“Like?”

“Drawing, I’m kind of artsy, cooking, I like to try all kinds of recipes, and watching dramas are my main hobbies.”

“Ooo drawing? What kind? Like a sketch?” Siyeon pretends to bite Bora’s hand that flew past.

“Yes, but also portraits, or landscape views.” Bora grins at her attempt, flicking her jaw lightly. “I could totally draw you.”

“Really?” Siyeon is amazed at once, glancing up at her with widened eyes.

“Hm.” Bora nods confidently.

“Awesome...did you learn to draw or..?”

“No, I’ve just always had such skill.” Bora wears a smug look, receiving a dragged out ‘wow’ from Siyeon.

“Tell me yours too!” Bora pushes her shoulder.

“Okay okay no need for physical prompting,” Siyeon uses a hand to hold her damaged shoulder. “You know I listen to you well.”

“Fair enough,” That was Bora’s way of apologising, “It's a habit, I’m sorry!”

Siyeon chuckles, Bora really did look guilty. “It's fine.”

She takes Bora’s hand in hers before answering. The latter lets her hand rest on Siyeon’s stomach as the back of her hand gets gently pinched and pulled on. 

“I sing for fun and I use tools that help me layer harmonies, structure a song that I’d cover, go out for drinks -” She pauses upon seeing the jealousy on the latter’s face, “And nag at people that aren't getting stuff done on time.” Siyeon did not lie.

“The first half was going so well,” Bora shared her enthusiasm for singing, half of it for drinking, and none for nagging. “I’m impressed just hearing about your efforts in singing, singing to the public but also self-composing...was it a past dream?”

Siyeon picked up her words with a faint smile. “Yes." She sighed. “But my parents found no meaning in that career path, so here I am.”

Bira nods understandingly. “My parents reacted similarly to my dancing career.”

“Oh right! You danced too...” Siyeon remembers from the ferry.

“6 years of my life,” Bora reveals, “Was one of the - if not the hardest thing to let go of in my life. I was young, 18, but I already knew how much it would hurt.” 

It was Siyeon’s turn to nod sympathetically. “I practised singing for 8 years. Stopped when I was 14 so that didn't cause too much pain, but I did miss it a lot back then.”

“To be honest, you don't sound like you need vocal lessons. You sound like you need a contract.” Bora bluntly replies.

Siyeon laughs wholeheartedly. “That’s kind of you to say.”

“Sing for me.” Bora requests, taking Siyeon’s phone.

“Sure,” Siyeon sits up to sing properly, reluctantly letting go of Bora’s hand to search for a suitable instrumental. “Request a song.”

“Hmm...let’s do Gravity by Taeyeon.”

“Okay!”

Bora finds herself closing her eyes as Siyeon sings the first few lines. Sweet, sweet vocals.

She opens her eyes when it gets to the chorus and grins seeing Siyeon just as immersed into the song.

"Eonnie, your turn.” Siyeon encourages her to take the second verse.

Bora chuckles in slight embarrassment but tries her best. She recognised Siyeon’s intention when she started harmonising with her.

Eye contact game remained strong with every note, Siyeon sending her a proud grin with her eyes. Bora hides her shyness with her cap, but diligently continues to sing into the second chorus.

“You did great!” Siyeon was first to compliment, trying to meet the latter’s eyes. She was clearly in an embarrassed state.

“Ahhh...” Bora expresses, “I'm embarrassed...” She hadn't sung so freely in a long time, the reality hitting her afterwards.

“Waaa~~” Siyeon doesn't tease, even though she was dying to. “Your voice is lovely.”

“I know.” Bora flips her hair back with sass, bursting into laughter when Siyeon rolls her eyes at her 180 attitude.

“In all seriousness, your harmonising skills are magical.” Bora’s eyes twinkle in amazement. 

“You must be an avid music listener.” Siyeon accepts the compliment.

“Haha↗️ yes I am.” She pinches Siyeon’s cheek.

“Kekeke I still can’t forget the jealousy on your face when I said that I drink as a hobby.” Siyeon giggles at Bora’s irritated expression.

“Agh↗️↗️! So annoying...” Bora rests her forehead in her palms, “It’s been sooooo long since I had a drink.”

Longing was audible in her tone.

Siyeon stifles her laughter with her sleeves. An exasperated Bora was a hilarious sight to see.

“Yah,” Bora gives her a death glare. “Stop laughing and start planning to bring me to nice bars when I’ve given birth.” She commands.

“Yes mam!” Siyeon salutes her requests, bringing up her past few instances at wine bars. “There’s a lively wine bar downtown that you'd have to visit if you love wine. I went with JiU-eonnie once to their tasting event and it was an amazing experience.”

“A wine bar!” Bora recognised hearing about such places. “I’ve never been to one.”

“Eonnie, you’re missing out.” Siyeon shook her head.

“As a wine lover, I’m definitely missing out on a lot of things.” She shook her head too, in disbelief. “Back when I was discovering my alcohol preferences -”

“You had a time for that?”

“As ridiculous as it sounds, I did. I’d give 20% credit to my father,” Bora laughs at memory, hiding the pain she ever felt as she spoke about family. “He’s a frequent drinker and always encouraged me to drink a little bit of everything on special occasions, which did happen often. Birthdays, Dinners, Festivals etc...”

“Ah so you were introduced bit by bit...”

“Exactly. I believe I have a strong tolerance from both parents though.” Bora says thoughtfully.

“Mhm...” Siyeon uses her answer to question herself, “My tolerance depends on my condition. If I’m feeling exhausted, half a wine bottle would knock me out. If not, I could handle 1.5.”

Bora smirks when she hears numbers.

“Well that makes sense, I think I’m influenced by such external factors now that I think about it...” She gets flashbacks of midnight beers by her hometown bridge with friends. “Though I can handle a lot either way.”

“3 bottles of soju?” Siyeon replies jokingly. Her jaw drops when Bora nods casually in agreement.

“If I’m really feeling it, 3.5-4 bottles would be my maximum. Anymore and I’ll be arrested for public nuisance.”

Bora smiles after hearing Siyeon laugh uncontrollably.

“Public -” Siyeon’s soul left her body, “nuisance.” She repeats, imagining a wild Bora running on the street shouting from building to building.

Patting her well-fed belly/child, Bora suggested going for a walk to admire the field of flowers. Siyeon doesn't respond immediately, kind of into the proximity they had on the mat. She lies down onto Bora’s outstretched legs to show that.

“In 15 minutes.” She prompts, resting her hands under the back of her head as she looks at Bora.

Bora seizes the opportunity to poke her armpits.

At once a familiar protest comes out. “Eonnie!”

“Ok ok," Bora laughs which made Siyeon doubt her assurance. “I won't tickle you, I promise.” She lays out her pinky.

“For the rest of the time we’re together.” Siyeon corrects her strictly.

“Yes yes.” Bora links their pinkies, and Siyeon completes their promise by touching their thumbs. “Do you have any major plans next week?”

“No. Not really.” Siyeon pulls out her phone for a quick look at her agenda. It was usually updated every 3 days.

“Next weekend I’m totally free, unless CEO JiU wants to drag me to the club again like yesterday.” Bora chuckles as Siyeon rolls her eyes, disbelief clear in her tone.

“Does she go often?”

“Very.” Siyeon emphasises, “Almost every day? If not on weekdays, definitely in the weekend. She goes to every single club, bar or pub out here. What’s great is that she meets regularly with business associates, but what isn’t great is her need for a ride home when she’s past tipsy. She does not trust anyone else but me to bring her home. I’m flattered but seriously??” She rambles in half-complaint, half-affection.

“Does she get to that tipsy state often?” Bora laughs at the distress on Siyeon’s face, caressing her frustrated brows with her thumb.

Siyeon releases the tension in her brows upon her touch. That contact had her mind losing track momentarily.

“Thankfully no, but when she does, she’s hard to handle.” Siyeon glances directly at Bora, “If the two of you ever drink together, do not call me to pick y’all up.” She was dead-serious.

“Hahaha~” Bora grins knowingly, “Why not? We’ll behave well.” Her playful tone gave her away.

Siyeon raises a brow in disbelief, but does not argue further. “What do you usually do on weekends eonnie?”

“I would go shopping for fresh vegetables - that same supermarket,” She cuts herself off to meet Siyeon’s eyes with familiarity in her tone, Siyeon nods with a grin of recognition. 

“And visit the girls at their practice studio with Seulgi. Every Friday evening, if not Saturday or Sunday evening, I get barbecue with Seulgi and Hongseok. Our little 94’ liner tradition.” She finishes.

“Such fun-filled weekends! I can only comment on how much it must to eat kbbq without alcohol.” Siyeon states the obvious, receiving a sad pout from the pregnant woman, who sniffles in longing for her well-controlled craving. “You must have a very close bond with the library crew.”

“I do,” Bora smiles at her comment. “Honestly, they’re family.”

Her reply was curt, but so powerful. Siyeon could hear the weight her words carried, her tone on the edge of all emotions as she said the word ‘family’. Bora meant it. She only got more curious to know about her family but did not ask.

Packing any leftover containers into their respective baskets, Bora collects their belongings to one side while Siyeon folds the mats up neatly.

“Let's go.” Bora stretched her hand out for Siyeon to take, body pointing towards the flower garden.

“Okay~” Siyeon takes her hand in hers, following Bora’s footsteps.

A secluded pavement found in between a vertically n-shaped bush was often missed by frequent park-goers. Pity. The pavement led to one of the most beautiful aspects of the park.

Finding themselves in a field of peonies, dandelions and much more of your colourful, summer plant species. Siyeon bent down to sniff a plant. Sweet. Just as sweet as the grin on Bora’s face.

“Photo time!”

Bora resisted the urge to dive into the bed of roses. Her child would never forgive her. She picked up a fallen rose and held it against her face as she posed with the sunlight, staring into the camera with such pure gaze it made

Siyeon’s heart skip a couple beats from behind the camera. She focused on capturing Bora in the best angle, where the sun did not excessively shine into her image. She grins in satisfaction.

“Eonnie, your side profile is really beautiful.” Siyeon unconsciously let the comment slip out, admiring the view through her phone even though it was just as evident in real-time.

“Aww, thank you~” Bora hands over the flower for Siyeon to take her photo, but Siyeon stops her for a moment.

“Could I take one more of you?” She questions, but her tone suggests an idea.

“I will not say no,” Bora cheekily replies. “What should I do?”

“Laugh for me.” Siyeon implies, and she wasn’t kidding.

“Really?”

Siyeon nods. “Your laugh is that attractive to me.”

Bora understood her intention. “Make sure it doesn’t turn out ugly.” She jokes.

“Tsk, you know it won’t ever be.” Siyeon lines up the camera, setting up a corny joke so that Bora would laugh naturally.

It worked out successfully. Bora’s eyes crinkled in joy as her laughter vibrated in a series of ‘ah’s. It was almost contagious - Siyeon found herself chuckling to her laughter. She brings the phone down to examine the pictures, the signal for Bora to come over and check them with her.

“Look at this!” Siyeon goes back to the middle photo, "Adorable...” Her eyebrows curve upwards to express her words.

“I know~” Bora smiles in appreciation, “You took them very well though?” She had a questioning tone of genuine surprise. “I love them.”

“It’s nothing,” Siyeon slides her phone back in her pocket for a swift position change. “Should I pose as well?”

“Yesss~”

Bora snaps a couple different shots, the first pose was dorky, Siyeon had her lips and nose scrunched up adorably, eyes curving into their own smile. The second ‘accidental' pose was refreshing, the wind had blown perfectly during the shot, her hair flying in the same direction as the flowers in the background. The third pose was holding a flower next to her forehead, while she kept her gaze slightly towards the ground below.

“I really like the last one,” Bora taps onto her screen, “Your expression was on point.” She lingers her eyes on

Siyeon’s face for a second longer.

“It came out really well, better than I expected.” Siyeon replies honestly. “I like that we’re both natural on camera, it’s pleasant to take shots together.”

“Yes,” Bora nods with a shared grin, “I haven't taken photos of myself in such a long time.”

She looks around to take in her surroundings which had more people than when they first arrived, something she hadn’t perceived during their mini-photoshoot.

Siyeon laughs, noticing the increase in company a while ago. “I’m glad you’re comfortable.”

They leave the field to head back.

“Aww how is it 6pm already?” Bora pouts sadly.

“As the saying goes, time passes by quickly when you’re having fun.”

“It really does.”

The two women mutually knew that their date would have to come to an end. But there will not be an end to their future dates.

“Have you done pottery before?” Bora asks, as they walk back to Siyeon’s car, taking their own sweet time with reluctant steps.

“Nope, sounds fun though.” Siyeon wonders why Bora was suddenly bringing it up. “Why?”

“Our next date!” Bora rejoices at the idea, “It falls on a Saturday as well.” She reads off of the information on her phone, having just found the poster.

“Hmm I’ll check my schedule again but I should be free for the whole day. Sounds like a plan!”

~