~ Chapter 16 ~

At the end of the rainbow 🌈

 

3rd POV

The sun streamed into the room through automatically opened blinds, shining onto the couple cuddled in bed. 

Siyeon awoke first, feeling weight on her chest. Bora. She rubbed the sleep away and snuggled back into her, for once in her life, not wanting to go to work. The warmth she felt was hard to leave. 

“Sing~...” Sua mumbled against her shirt. “Can you take a day off?” She sleepily continued.

Siyeon’s brows knitted apologetically. She kissed her forehead and caressed her face the way she did before. “I’m sorry Bora. I have important meetings today.”

Sua groaned, hugging her tighter so she couldn’t leave. She didn’t work on Wednesdays and Sundays, as a way to manage her life in preparation of giving birth. Now that she was with Siyeon, she wanted as much time as possible.

“Eonnie…’’ Siyeon dipped her head down, moving her hand down to rub her back. “I’m done at 4 though…we can do something then.’’ 

Sua perked up with her excitedly, effectively hitting Siyeon’s chin.

“Aiya!” Siyeon yelped, holding her chin with a wince.

“Sorry sorry sorry…” Sua used her hand to caress her chin gently, pressing a kiss on the area. “I was just happy knowing I could spend time with you.” Her eyes twinkled.

Siyeon grinned. “I’m happy about that too. Do you have something in mind for today?” She asked.

“Hmm…” Sua thought about it shortly. “Karaoke!” She suggested. 

Siyeon nods in approval. “I’ll book us a slot. Anything else?”

Sua didn’t hesitate, “I'll sleep here again. Tonight. With you.”

Siyeon blushed. Her heart raced at the thought. “Anything for you.”

Sua smiled widely. “I also get to keep this hoodie of yours.” She hugged the comfortable hoodie she wore. 

“It’s all yours.”

Sua giggled in satisfaction. “Thank you.”

Siyeon chuckled. “You’re welcome.”

Heading into the living room for some breakfast, which Sua insisted Siyeon have before she left for work, Sua immediately makes herself at home by orienting herself in Siyeon’s kitchen. It was filled with limited inventory, but had plenty of appliances from smart toaster to air fryer. 

“I don’t have frozen fruit, but I do have fresh juice from the local mart.” Siyeon opened the fridge next to Sua, knowing that she liked having something fruity in the morning.

“Ooh~ Thank you.” Sua took it. “Should I make you coffee?’’ She leaned back against Siyeon who was back-hugging her.

“Yes please.” She chuckles slightly as Sua puckers her lips for a kiss. She leans down to give her one.

Sua grabs what looked like a brand new frying pan and heated oil in it, to make sunny side-up eggs. She instructed Siyeon to toast bread and she chose the option on the screen for a golden-brown toast. She’s had plenty of instances where she had made toast burn. 

“Do you have time?” Sua asked, wondering if Siyeon was delaying anything because of her. It was around the time that she went to work. 

“Yes, we’re good.’’ Siyeon assures her. “Oh and, if you want to stay here you can, or I can drop you back home?” Siyeon offered. 


“I need to go home to get my vitamins, but I would like to come back.” She expressed clingy-ness. 

Siyeon walked over to kiss her again. “Sure. The passcode is your birthday.’’

“Ya~! Are you serious?” Sua was touched. 

Siyeon nodded with a serious glance. “I changed it on my phone last night.’’

Sua wore a lovesick smile. “I love that. Also, you live so futuristically??” 

She then became confused upon realising how convenient certain things were at home. Instead of manual switches, the lights were controlled by screen panels and there even was an intercom and camera by the front door. The room temperature was measured consistently and the usage of air-conditioning was voice-controlled.

“Haha!’’ Siyeon laughed at her fascination. “Despite living here for years I never get tired of it either.” She looked around proudly. 

Sua scooped the eggs onto a plate with a spatula. “I might just move in.” She joked.

But Siyeon took it seriously. “Let me know.”

Sua’s jaw dropped to the floor. She hid her surprise with laughter. “I sure will.”

Siyeon assumed she knew she meant it, and helped bring the food and drinks to the dining table with fruit. 

She used her phone to open the blinds and the machine whirred lightly. Sua watched with envy. 

“잘먹겠습니다!“

Their stomachs were filled with nutritious foods, giving them a fresh boost of energy for the day. 

Sua didn't have any particular plan in mind, she usually walked the market districts for fresh or interesting products that caught her eye. She also did some work, reporting files or handled new deliveries on paper. 

Siyeon had lots to do, starting from the execution of her new project. She was excited yet nervous, this would be her first time leading a project and she didn't want to mess it up.

With such thoughts, they were silent for a while. 

“Thank you for the hearty meal.” Siyeon cleared her plate quickly, her bites big when she scarfed it down.

Sua patted her lips with a tissue. Her smile radiated relief. “Good then, I hope you work well today.”

The latter gulps her coffee. “Oh I will for sure.” 

They bring the empty dishes to the kitchen and Sua wanted to wash them manually but Siyeon opened a cabinet that looked like a drawer, but was a dishwasher.

“Save the hassle, put it in the dishwasher.” Siyeon took the plates from her hands.

Sua chuckled. “That’s fair. I’m used to doing the dishes.”

With the dishes getting cleaned, they went back to the bedroom to get ready to go. Siyeon wore a formal suit as she had a couple of important meetings. Sua kept her hoodie and changed into casual pants that fit her. They were comfortable and she wasn’t planning on going out anytime soon.
 

By the time Sua came out of the bedroom, Siyeon had slipped formal leather shoes to complete the look. Sua internally gushed at the sight.

“Let’s go baby mama.” Siyeon urged jokingly.

“Baby mama?” Sua waddled over with a fluffy grin. “Why do I kinda like that?” She hugged her affectionately.

Siyeon gave her a forehead kiss. “Cause you are one.”

Sua giggles and Siyeon takes her hand to walk out.

On the way to Sua’s flat, they discuss Siyeon’s new project as Sua had gotten curious.

“The four elements of security technology are prevention, deterrence, detection, and response.” Siyeon began animatedly, “I’d like to implement these concepts into our daily lives.”

“How?” Sua questioned, interested.

“For example; fitness watches. Such appliances have been a trend these days, handy, and easier to carry than a phone. Some operate like a phone without a phone. But little maximise the use of security technology, which is essential in this age of time where cyber threats are frequent.” Siyeon explained as best as she could without getting technical.

“Hmm I get what you mean. You want to protect individuals, more than just making deals with the big guys?” Sua concluded.

Siyeon nodded. “I’ve always wanted to have a direct impact on people. That is usually only half-true for major corporations.” She gave a half-smile.

Sua got curious again. “Did you have some bad experiences?”

“No doubt,” Siyeon wasn't afraid to talk about it. “There was one client from a well-known organisation that decided to sign a deal on foundations of false reports, whose idea happened to be formulated by Minji’s rivals. They wanted to bring MinTech down.” She ‘tsked’ under her breath.

Sua nods slowly, getting most concerned at the ‘bringing MinTech down’ part. 

“Did you and Minji struggle a lot in the first few years?” Sua quietly asked.

Siyeon tightened her grip on the steering wheel. It pained her to think about the first years of MinTech. Those were some very, very hard times. 

“We did. We definitely did. We had minimal investments since no one believed that women could ever run a business. Our families did their best to support us, even if it was insufficient at times. We worked full-time as well in other areas, looking for ways to build connections and improve the company step-by-step. I always feel proud looking back on how far we have come.” Siyeon shortened her speech before Sua would fall asleep.

Sua nods attentively, eyebrows expressing pity for how Minji was treated in the past. Still, it must be tough being a female CEO in this day and age. 

“I really admire that. The two of you. I wish you guys the best with everything.” Sua earnestly encouraged.

Siyeon held up a hand for Sua to high-five. She did, and the two interlocked hands at the same time.

Hiding a shy smile, they enjoy the rest of the ride while talking about recent trends.

:

Siyeon had just dropped Sua back home, for her to do some chores that she had planned out on her rest days and to get her vitamins. Sua persisted to take the bus or taxi to Siyeon’s place, as much as the latter insisted on driving her back. 

Of course, the queen had tricks up her sleeve. Well, it was simple really…a sweet and physical seal.

“Eonnie, let me just take you-”

Too much talking, Sua had pulled her down by the tie to lock their lips. She made sure Siyeon knew to obey by dominating the flow.

“I’ll see you tonight.” She sternly stated, fixing her tie. “Now go to the office before you’re late.”

Siyeon gulped, thirsty. But not for water. “Yes ma’am.”

“Good. Have a good day at work okay? I’ll make you something delicious.” Sua kissed her one last time on the cheek before strutting off to catch her bus.

Siyeon held her cheek in wonder. How was she so lucky to land a person like her?

In the car, Siyeon could not get over the lingering tingle of Sua’s lips on hers. It transported her the memory of last night.

-Flashback-

 

After kissing romantically under the streetlamp, they sat on the bench to stargaze. It was a clear night, the stars twinkled at them, wishing them the best. 

They sat in silence, simply admiring the sky. Fatigue soon got to Sua and she leaned onto her, ready to doze off. Siyeon thought she was simply resting her head on her shoulder, and leaned her head slightly atop of hers. Though without any response 20 minutes later, she looked down to check on her, just to catch her sleeping. She stifled her chuckle and got up to slide Sua into her arms, to carry her to the car. 

She used her elbow to press the side button of the car handle, which unlocked the car as long as the car key was nearby. She carefully opened the car and set her in the passenger seat. Her passenger princess slept, unmoved. 

“Cute…” She mumbled to herself.

Siyeon got into the driver’s seat. The glimmer of sapphire caught her eye and she smiled softly at Sua, telling herself that she was finally hers. She leaned over to kiss her forehead before setting off.

‘Should I take her home? Would she mind going to mine? I should wake her up but I don't want to…’ Siyeon was in a dilemma. 

Sua stirred awake when a series of sounds was heard from across the street. A late night restaurant was still lively and bustling, plenty of customers crowded around tables. 

“Sing?” Sua called out, looking left and right, confused. “Where are we?’’

Siyeon calmly took the chance. “Driving home…I’m wondering if you mind going back to my place this time?” Hers was closer and she wanted Sua to rest as soon as possible. 

“Doesn’t matter,” Sua mumbled. “You are home.” She hovered her hand near the steering wheel, flexing and relaxing her fingers. She wanted to hold hands. 

Siyeon interlocked them happily, kissing her hand. “I- thank you.” She tensed up a little realising that she was about to say ‘I love you.’

Sua didn’t notice and mumbled an incoherent ‘You’re welcome’ before dozing back off. 

At her apartment, Siyeon brings Sua to her room, immediately laying her down and was about to put a blanket on her when Sua woke up. She immediately grabbed onto her shirt. 

“Bora, hey,” Siyeon was alarmed at her action. Did she need something?

She hadn’t expected to see the desire fill her eyes. Sua kissed her hard and Siyeon reciprocated easily, helplessly letting go of the duvet she was just about to drape over her.

Sua grasped onto her shoulder blades needily, wanting to move up and close the gap.

Siyeon circled her arms around her body to hug her closer, increasing the intimacy. Tongue came into play and she felt her internal temperature rise.
She hid her squeak in when Sua suddenly slid her hands into her dress shirt, ing the buttons accidentally with strength.

Sua didn't go further, simply resting her palms against her bare collarbones, which seemed to be the skin contact that she seeked. 

She slowed down when she did, letting Siyeon cradle her gently. 

Siyeon hoped that she hadn’t felt her heart racing in her chest, able to hear it in her own ears at that time. Her simple touch was leaving goosebumps all over her body. 

“Your heart is beating fast.” Sua breathlessly said when she pulled away, hands still rested on her chest.
Her lips were red, swollen probably, she barely noticed under the moonlight. Her cheeks were flushed and Siyeon could feel her warmth more evident than before. Her own lips felt numb.

“I- My heart beats for you.” Siyeon replied as soon as she caught her breath, the fact that Sua started tracing her collarbone did not calm her from the butterflies.

“Hm…” Sua seems to be stuck in a trance. “I dreamt of you.” She explained in a daze.

The words slip out of her like a perfume commercial, Siyeon has never felt more shy.

“Ah…” She trailed off, unsure of feeling proud or flattered. Definitely both. “Thank you.”

Sua chuckled lightly, tiredly leaning in all the way to bury her face into her neck. “You fill this void in my heart I never knew I had, Siyeon. I’ll forever appreciate you for that.”

Siyeon smiles and kisses her forehead gently. “I appreciate you just as much eonnie.” 

 

-End of flashback-

Siyeon blinked back to reality, the memory feeling as real as it was a day ago. 

She hoped the ing wasn’t accidental. 

She hoped that ‘I'll forever appreciate you for that’  becomes ‘I’ll forever love you for that.’

She hoped that Sua wanted her as much as she wanted her.

“Lee Siyeon get a grip,” She muttered under her breath. She was letting her mind wander too far. 

MinTech came into sight and she kept the memory in a box to reminisce on later, the memory just making her feel a little hot. It made her miss Sua even if she was just by her side 20 minutes ago.

In her office, she picked up a stack of files from Handong, anticipating for the first time in her life to get work done and over with. 

:

:
Sua was happy to see that entering her birthday in the smart lock worked. The door opened and she shuffled in, with vitamins and a small overnight bag in hand that might just be useless.

She was planning on stealing more of Siyeon’s clothes. 

“Let’s see what shows I can watch…” Sua murmured, grabbing her laptop from the bag and setting it on the coffee table to lounge on the couch while watching.

A season of a classic show passed by when her phone rang. 

Sua perked up from the couch to pick up. She thought it was Seulgi maybe.

-Bora,- Siyeon’s voice came through.

Sua blinked at the time. Lunchtime. 

-Ah, Sing~ hi- She hurriedly replied.

She hears a chuckle on the other side. -All good there?-

-Yep, I’m watching drama’s on my laptop.-

-Eonnie use my TV, I have plenty of streaming servers on there.- Siyeon reasoned, feeling a little guilty for not telling her earlier, knowing that she loved watching drama’s…

Sua squealed. -You don’t mind?-

-No, please feel free.- Siyeon was so kind.

-Thank you!!- Sua bounced in her seat, grabbing the remote. 

-Let me know if you need help navigating it…-

Sua was slightly overwhelmed by the different apps that popped up on the screen. It was like a tablet, but 5x bigger. Everything was neatly arranged from Sport Channels to Game Show Channels. Sua blinked the confusion away,

-Can you video call?-

Siyeon chuckles again, she had expected that. -Sure eonnie.-
They were both happy to see each other’s face again, despite it being a mere two hours apart.

-Wah!- Sua exclaimed, first surprised to see the office’s design. Very modern. 

Siyeon smiled. -I know, impressive right?- She gave a short tour of her office, glad to see Sua’s eager eyes taking it in.

-Indeed! Now help me please..- Sua was more eager to get back into the series.

Siyeon nodded attentively, waiting for the camera to be flipped to see her own home. The TV was on the main page. She told Sua to press a red icon on the top right, where the streaming servers such as Netflix could be found. 

Sua watched in awe as she pressed the buttons, wondering why she hadn’t installed one of these instead. She looked for the series she wanted and quickly picked up from where she left off. But not without saying goodbye and wishing Siyeon the best with work.

-Eonnie! Why did that sound so soulless!- Siyeon protested before Sua could hang up.

Sua giggled apologetically. -Sorry I just really want to watch the series…- She admitted, unable to stand cliffhangers.

Siyeon feigned hurt, but grinned when Sua blew kisses at her. -See you later, don’t watch too much!- She warned as a last attempt.

Sua nodded, but without conviction. -I won’t! See you~- She hung up.

She hugged a pillow after putting one behind her back. It smelled like her.

‘Why do I miss her already?’ Sua thought to herself, the feeling somewhat ignited after calling her and seeing her face. 

‘The time will pass by quickly…’ She assured herself.

Sua exploded from the couch the moment she heard the door lock beeping, someone was typing in the password.

She waited by the door excitedly. 

The door opened, Siyeon spoke, 

“Bora, I’m hom-”

No need for completion of that sentence, Sua had crushed her into a hug. 

“Woah.” Siyeon held her, placing her briefcase atop her shoe drawer. “Bora, everything alright?” She hugged back warmly, wrapping both arms around her waist. After contemplating for a second, she kissed the top of her head. 

Sua nodded against her, grasping her tightly. “I missed you.”

Siyeon never knew her heart could flutter that much. She grinned widely. “I missed you too.” She kissed her again.

Sua whined, looking up. “Proper kiss.” She requested.

Siyeon fulfilled it with passion, hands sliding up to her hair. She tangled her fingers into her silky strands, feeling a little restless. Her inner desires were resurfacing with every contact, and she translated that with growing fervour of her lips. 

Sua grasped at her collar to bring her down. She nearly squeaked in surprise when she felt Siyeon pin her against the wall of the hallway. She could also feel the tension increase, the kiss getting intense.

Siyeon soon caught herself, and slowed down. She pressed one hand against the wall to push herself away, initiating self-control.

Sua was in quite a daze. Siyeon was more…desperate than usual. Couldn’t say she didn't like it. She did gaze up at her curiously, wondering if something had happened. 

The latter didn't meet her eyes, a little embarrassed of herself. Shy for the most part. She tried to focus on her breathing.

“You good?” Sua murmured, noticing how flushed she was. She palmed her cheeks. “Sing?”

“Yeah…” Siyeon mumbled panickedly, breathing in and out slowly, trying to take control of herself, her mind. “I just,” She was unsure of being honest, because this was a new topic to both of them. “Nothing.” 

Sua tilted her head to the side, unconvinced. “Do you want to go further than kissing?” She boldly questioned.

Siyeon became visibly flustered, choking on air. She shook her head furiously, unable to process the innocent expression Sua wore. 

“No no no,” She began, heart racing at the idea, blushing from Sua’s bluntness. “This is good. This is perfect.” She wasn’t sure if what she said made sense but she said it.

Sua took the answer as a yes instead, a conclusion that was obvious from the start. If she were being honest, she didn't mind initiating it, but wanted to see how intimate and comfortable Siyeon could be with her…

It seemed that her desires were showing now.

Though she didn't push her. “Okay. Just don’t hesitate if you do.” 

She left it at that, pulling Siyeon into the living room while she took some refreshments from the kitchen; a snack platter.

Siyeon still couldn't meet her eyes. Her brain continuously tried to pull her back to reality, remembering that they had a couple activities planned ahead for the rest of the day. 

“Eonnie,” Siyeon said once she had composed herself, now sitting across from her on the dining table. “We should pick up our clay pieces from two weeks ago…” 

Sua beamed. “That’s right! I totally forgot. Let’s leave as soon as we finish this,” She stuffed more of the snacks into . “I have to change too.” 

“Alright,” Siyeon chugged the rest of her water. “Shall we take the car?”

Sua nodded excitedly. “We will karaoke right after?”

“Yes~” Siyeon replied enthusiastically, mind travelling to songs that they could duet together. 

Sua thought similarly in the car, as the songs blasted on the radio. The one currently playing was one she thought of in mind coincidentally.

“Eonnie, JiU asks if we can meet up again some time, she has been quite the fan since we’ve met.” Siyeon broke the silence after a while.

Sua perks up at the name. “Of course! It would be my pleasure. Is she doing well these days? I should get her number so we can text too…” She trailed off.

‘Uhhh I don’t think I like that,’ Siyeon muttered in her head. ‘Minji can get…flirty.’ 

“I guess that can be done, yes…” She replied flatly, clearly showing rejection to the idea. 
 
Sua smirked. “Jealous much?”

Siyeon bit her tongue. “No, no…not at all.” She mumbles.

Sua kisses the back of her hand. “You know I admire you the most.”

“Aw,” Siyeon smiled brightly. “Thank you.”

“But seriously I need to have a drink and be on the dance floor with Minji, I feel like we’ll have a blast.” Sua teased right after.
The smile on Siyeon’s face dropped and she snatched her hand away. “Eonnie, you’re so mean.”

Sua laughs and grabs her hand back. “Come on! We both have wild souls! And I want to feel young again.” Sua expressed her longing to her wild youth.

Siyeon shook her head. “Ok ok fine…just call me whenever you need anything. I’ll take care of you.” She emphasised.
Sua snuggled her arm. “See, this is why you’re my person.”

‘My person huh…’ Siyeon echoed in her head. She liked it. It was neutral, but she liked it.

“Are you not big on labels eonnie?” She asked.

Sua shrugged. “I just say anything that comes to mind.” She noticed the brief disappointment flash by her face. “Why? Would you prefer if I called you 'my girlfriend’ instead?”

Siyeon tried to ignore the knowing gaze Sua was sending her way, and the internal desire to say yes to that question.
“Mhm.” She replied simply, eyes gazed ahead.

Sua leaned over to kiss her cheek. “Okay, girlfriend~”

Siyeon looked away slightly, cheeks turning red. It was undeniable that she loved it. 

Sua giggled. “Does it make you that happy?”

Too shy to reply, Siyeon nodded. 

“You know I tell my colleagues you’re my girlfriend.” Sua unfolded her hand as Siyeon wanted to pinch her skin.
“Really?” Siyeon was happy, evident in her tone.

Sua nodded. “And as a result everyone always says ‘How are you and your girlfriend?’ They stress on the word so much I’m wondering why it’s such a big deal.” She recalled.

Siyeon chuckled. “Maybe because they’ve never seen such a relationship before. There’s still more people I know that have a non same- relationship than those who do.”

Sua nods again. “That makes sense. I simply fall in love, not with anyone, I have to feel something strong.” She spoke lightly.
Siyeon raised a brow. “You feel something ‘strong’ for me then?” 

“Of course Sing, otherwise I would have not let you in my house.” Sua spoke with some sass. “But I had really developed feelings for you since Yokji. You carried me from the trail to the car for god’s sake. Such sincerity and determination is unmatchable.” She rambled on cutely.

The memory replayed vividly in Siyeon’s head, a smile gracing her lips at her words. “I’m glad I left a good impression early.”
Sua wanted to kiss her. “That’s just who you are, Siyeon, always be proud of that.”

Siyeon smiles at her gratefully, hoping she’d know that her words meant a lot to her. 

At the clay place, they pick up their items and admire their beauty before putting it safely in a box to bring back. Siyeon asks for a separate box for the shot glass, to deliver to JiU.

Back on the street where they walk to the karaoke booths just around the corner, Sua stops by a pharmacy to look at the vitamin section. 

“Do you need something eonnie?” Siyeon tried to run through her head what kind of vitamins Sua had needed. Doctor Chae had told her something about it. Iron, folic acid, calcium…

Sua seemed to stare at a particular one for a while. “No, I’m good.” 

Siyeon caught sight of it, mentally taking note of the name. At her place Sua still had her vitamins there so she could buy it for her too. “Okay then, let’s go.”

At the karaoke place, their room was given and the two got ready to slay the night. 

“My warm-up is going to be 사이다~“ Sua typed the artist ‘Norazo’ into the search bar.

“Warm up??” Siyeon was flabbergasted. “Are you that hype-”

🎶OH! OH! OH! 사이다~!🎶 Sua got into it right away, pulling out the dance moves to the song.

Siyeon was visibly shocked, blinking in response to the soundwaves striking her ears. Sua’s voice was already loud, the mic was only making her louder…

🎶가슴이 뻥뚫린다 사이다~!🎶 Sua felt the energy of the song, energy of the whole vibe flowing through her. She felt like a teen again, singing karaoke with friends after school.

Siyeon moved up to stand by her side, knowing the choreography. 

🎶소풍엔 김밥 사이다~아으-아으-아으-아으~아~🎶 Sua sang as she slid her hands down Siyeon’s arm, causing the latter to burst into laughter, popping with her at the next lines as well.

Siyeon’s choice for warm-up was a rap song; a rap star in secret she was, Sua thought it was hot.

Siyeon pulls out her cards of rapper mannerisms, bouncing her arm in the air like crowd control. Some props at the side of the room were available to her so she didn’t hesitate to wear hip sunglasses to wear the part. The karaoke room became her playground.

“PUT YO HANDS UP! HANDS IN THE AIR!” Siyeon ran around exuding charisma with her energy, Sua copied her actions and cheered her on.

Epik High - Let it rain

🎶TV를 켰다 끄고 걷다 멈추고 섰다가 눕고 모든게 뭔가 서툴고
시계를 바라보며 눈에 힘주었다가 풀고 날 비웃고
대답이 없는 벽과 다투고 검은 입술에 담배를 물고🎶

Siyeon rode the song’s rhythm, walking from one end of the room to the other, reacting to the single audience who was sending screams her way. She absorbed the energy and bounced her steps to groove. The bars flew out smoothly.

🎶라디오 슬픈 노랫말과 입맞추고 아무도 없는 거울 뒤편에
나를 채우고 미소를 겨우지어내
밤에 부는 칼바람에 먹구름이 찢어질듯
붉은달 바라보면서 점점 미쳐질듯🎶 

Sua was impressed, she had thought Siyeon was a singer but turns out, she’s just as much of a rapper. Though sometimes she exaggerates the intonations in a way that makes her laugh.

🎶잊혀질듯한데 엄지손가락에 지문은 지워질듯 밤새
통화 버튼을 맴도는데 핸드폰에 그대 이름이 떠
떨리는 –🎶

Siyeon stopped suddenly, “Okay I can’t,” She gasped for air, “Gotta breathe for a sec oh gawd~” She placed a hand on her chest. 
Sua was concerned at first, but couldn’t help but laugh a sentence later. “You must have not sang this song in a while!”

Siyeon nodded sheepishly. “I did well, right?” She sprawled herself across the couch.

Sua wiped the non-existent sweat off her forehead. “You were very charismatic.”

“That’s right.” She coolly replied.

Sua rolled her eyes but pulled her to stand up again. “I thought you were always a singer, turns out, you’re a rapper?” She grabs the remote to pick a song to duet.

“Hehe…” Siyeon confirmed her words. “I’m a rapper at heart, but definitely not as good at it as singing.” She pouted.

Sua squished her cheeks in one hand with an eye smile. “I want to sing…Zion.T’s - Eat.”

“Chill,” Siyeon agreed, liking the option. “Let’s do it.”

They then went on to duet 12 more songs, and solo 2 more each.

Sua dancing crazily to Lee Hyori’s 10 Minute made Siyeon concerned. The baby must have been having a roller coaster in her tummy. Sua was alluring though, she couldn’t lie, her eyes never left her.

Siyeon jammed to an old classic herself, Uhm Jung Hwa’s Invitation which concept she carried effortlessly. Sua was captivated by her voice and subtle choreography, feeling like a fangirl. 

The tension after the solo’s made a makeout session irresistible; Sua had gotten up the moment Siyeon finished her song, grabbing onto her collar and kissing her. Siyeon’s mic dropped onto the floor with an audible thud, collecting laughter in the heat of the moment. 

“It was even more enjoyable that we’re both decent performers.” Siyeon expressed amazement when they were sitting in the car, heading to pick up dinner. 

Sua nodded. “I’m happy you sang ‘Invitation’, it was nice hearing it after a long time.”

“It’s iconic,” Siyeon pulled up her 2000s playlist since they were both feeling nostalgic. “I always enjoy singing it too…” She then turned to Sua at a red light. “What was with the kiss though? I thought you were trying to eat me.” She confronted jokingly.

Sua chuckled nervously, cheeks turning red. “Invitation is a…seductive song. I couldn’t help it.”

Siyeon grinned. “I’m glad my charm has had an effect on you.” She kissed the back of her hand.

Sua giggled girlishly, “Since day one Sing.”

They pulled up to a drive through, ready to pick up baked fried chicken, a healthier alternative to its fried counterparts, but just as delicious. Soy garlic and sweet-spicy were their go-to flavours, so they chose that. As the passenger princess, Sua decided where they ate it, in the mood of eating outside in nature. 

With a ‘yes ma’am’, Siyeon drove to the town’s park, happy to fulfil Sua’s desires, simply happy to be with her. 

“Sing, there’s a book event at the library this Saturday and it starts at 9 and ends at 6,” Sua read the message from her phone. “My boss says that I can stay as long as I wish. Are you busy on Saturday?”

Siyeon tapped the car’s screen for her agenda. Apart from drinks with JiU that she had repeated on her agenda for every Saturday, she was free. But that agenda was something she could skip easily.

“No.” Siyeon scrolled down. “Do you guys need some hands to help out?” She guessed.

Sua shook her head. “I want to be with you.”

Her heart skipped a beat. She knew she should have expected it, but it surprised her every time. 

“Oh…well, of course we can.” Siyeon nodded. 

“Hmm~~ I still want to be with everyone before I take proper leave…” 

Siyeon took her hands in hers. “Alright alright, why don’t I help out at the library so that we’re together as well?”

Sua’s eyes grew wide. “You would do that?” 

“Of course I would.” Siyeon rubbed a thumb over her skin. “I want to be with you too.”

Sua beamed. 

Neither of them knew how rewarding it was eating chicken under the clear sky that was getting dark, talking meaninglessly about the little things in life, from the elbow pain on gets that feel like vibrating needles, to the use of AI in the music industry.

They retired to Siyeon’s place with full stomachs, ready to sleep soundly after a fruitful day. 

~