~ Chapter 14 ~ Pt. 2

At the end of the rainbow 🌈

3rd POV

Siyeon was first to wake up, eyes shot open as if she was a soldier. Her body had an automatic alarm clock of 7am, the time where she would need 15 minutes to wake up before going directly to work.

This time, it was different. Not because it was Saturday, but because she was with Sua. She figured that her usual routine would change. Well, she wanted her usual routine to change.

She blinked awake and turned over to her side to see Sua slightly facing her, face peaceful as she slept. 

Caught in the trance of her bare visuals, Siyeon propped her head up on her right hand and naturally reached out with her left hand, wanting to caress her face. Her fingertips lightly grazed her cheekbones, waiting for a response, hovering slightly above after. 

There was no response. 

Siyeon used a larger area of her hand to graze her skin, running her fingers ever so gently through her hair. She repeated the motions as she focused on hearing Sua’s steady breathing, in awe of how it matched hers.

‘Eonnie…’ Siyeon tried to speak through her eyes, not wanting to wake her. ‘You’re the prettiest woman in the world.’ 

She rested her hand between them for a second, wanting to admire her even more. She wanted to etch every little detail about her into her mind. 

Sua’s eyes suddenly flutter open.

“Mhm.” Sua mumbled, sharpening her vision to Siyeon. “Siyeon?”

Instead of hearing a ‘Good Morning’ or a ‘Hello’, she heard her name. Her heart was happier than ever.

Siyeon smiles softly at her. “Morning Bora..”

Sua yawned and mumbled something incoherent, that Siyeon would guess were sounds of protests against waking up.

“Move up..” Sua croakily requested, motioning to the pillow with a flimsy hand.

Siyeon did as told, waiting patiently for further instructions.

Sua did not then verbally request, but physically requested, wrapping a hand roughly onto Siyeon’s hoodie to pull her towards her.

Siyeon shifted herself closer, Sua’s hand remained clenched onto her shirt. She moved even closer, and she let go.

Through half-opened eyes, Sua unfolded her arm propping her head up to lay across the pillow, where she rested her head between her bicep and shoulder.

At this point of proximity, Siyeon could practically feel Sua’s breathing tickling her neck. She glanced down curiously as Sua took her hand.

“Mhm~” Sua made a circular motion with Siyeon’s hand, requesting her to repeat the soothing action she had done moments before.

“Okay.” Siyeon began once again, unable to deny the smile spread on her lips.  

Sua closed her eyes properly and seemed to have fallen asleep, but certainly returned the affection by draping a loose arm over Siyeon’s stomach.

Siyeon notices, and leans down to leave a lingering kiss on her forehead. 

It might have happened quickly but Siyeon could have sworn that she saw Sua’s lips curl into a slight smile. 

Minutes later, Sua wakes up fully to see Siyeon’s love-filled eyes gazing right at her. She felt a warmth coat her cheek at the realisation.

“Finally awake princess?” Siyeon teased, eyes twinkling with pure joy.

Sua nodded with another yawn. She felt Siyeon rest her fingers in her hair for a moment. It made her think of how she had been craving such affection for a long time.

And so, she told Siyeon that.

“I never thought I would be craving physical affection - while asleep.” Sua chuckled lightly, appreciating the proud look in Siyeon’s eyes. “It’s soothing.”

“That was the point.” Siyeon gave her a lopsided smile. “I hope I didn't snore last night.” She hid her embarrassment by biting her inner cheek.

“No, I didn't hear you if you did.” Sua replied softly, suddenly cuddling herself closer by burying her face into Siyeon’s neck. “I’m a deep sleeper though so it would take a lot to wake me up.” 

Siyeon raised an unconvinced brow. “When I stopped caressing your hair you woke up though?”

Sua turned undeniably red. “That’s different.” 

“How is it different?” Siyeon pretended not to notice her reddened cheeks, giggling inwardly.

“You’re an exception.” Sua assures her simply, kissing her jaw as the cherry on top.

Siyeon grinned in satisfaction.

They freshen up in the bathroom, Siyeon informing Sua of her day’s plans. It was a Saturday, but she had to meet JiU and some clients.

Sua pouted like a baby, a little sad that she had to leave soon.

“Eonnie~” Siyeon mirrored her expression, not wanting to make Sua sad. “If you want I could come back tonight.” She  added, eyes full of sincerity. 

Sua smiles like her life depended on it. “Yes!!” 

Siyeon shook her head in disbelief, but responded when Sua puckered her lips. She leaned down to kiss her shortly.

Lucky for her, morning Sua was possessive Sua, she grabbed her hoodie to kiss her deeper. 

“Woah…” Siyeon exhaled, any remaining sleep in her body disappeared from the magical kiss. She blinked from a daze.

Sua laughed lightly before pulling Siyeon out of the bathroom, to the living room. 

“Sit down on the table or couch, I’ll make us breakfast.” She nudges Siyeon towards the living room.

Siyeon staggered slightly. “Eonnie I could help you out-”

A stern look was sent her way.

“I will sit on the couch.” Siyeon politely herself off, robotically marching towards the couch.

Sua hid her smile as she looked through the fridge. “Is tteokbokki okay?”

Siyeon bounced up at the name of her favourite food. “Of course!”

“And an iced  Americano?” Sua asked knowingly.

“Much thanks!” Siyeon could marry her.

Sua whipped up a breakfast for two in no time, glad to be able to feed Siyeon before she left. She definitely wanted Siyeon over more often than once a week, if that would be made into plans. No, that’s going too fast. She should at least confess first…

She cut her thoughts off and re-focused on the task at hand, bringing the tray of food onto the dining table. Siyeon was already sitting on a chair so Sua took the seat next to her, feeling Siyeon’s questioning gaze on her.

“I want to sit next to you.” She replied simply.

Siyeon grinned, “Ok, let’s dig in. This looks delicious.” A drool of saliva nearly trailed out of .

“잘 먹겠습니다!” 

Siyeon closed her eyes at the first bite. Tteokbokki was her style of breakfast. It was a perfect mix of spicy and sweet.

Sua stifled her laughter seeing Siyeon eat three at a time. “Eat slowly, Sing.”

Siyeon childishly replied, “No!”

Sua went for her neck. 

“Ok! Ok!” Siyeon choked, when she felt pressure on her neck. “It’s just that yummy.” She defended herself.

Sua shook her head. “You’re not chewing properly as I see it. Are you always this hungry?” She wondered.

Siyeon shook her head. “I don’t cook. And no one resists free food, especially when it’s tteokbokki.” She accidentally misses as she speaks, getting sauce at the corners of her lips. “I-”

Siyeon notices and reaches around for a tissue. Sua picks one up from the tissue box at her end, palming Siyeon chin to wipe the sauce off.

“Aigoo…baby. You’re a baby.’’

Siyeon expressed incoherent baby sounds that were accurate enough for Sua to react in shock.

“Wah…I have to take care of two babies now.’’ She says dramatically.

“HAHA!” Siyeon laughed at her reaction, but also in embarrassment of her aegyo.

“Why don’t you actually cook?”

“I almost burned the house down the last time, when I was little.” Siyeon sheepishly revealed.

Sua eyes grew wide. “How? What were you cooking?”

“Jjajangmyeon…?” Siyeon recalled, slightly grimacing when Sua immediately gave her a blank gaze. She clarifies, “I was boiling the water but I didn’t pay attention so it overflowed, spilled and became a whole mess in the kitchen. I started to cry so my mother rushed in and switched off the fire before helping me. She didn’t scold me, only told me to be careful.’’ She grins at the thought of her mother. “I was too afraid of cooking after that.”

“That’s cutely traumatising,” Sua commented, “Cooking isn’t that difficult though, I’m sure you can pick it up for basic everyday dishes.” She nods convincingly.

Siyeon shrugs. “Maybe eonnie can cook for me?” She smirks.

“Yah~!” Sua smacked her shoulder a little too hard. “Sorry sorry!” She realised the impact too late as well.

Siyeon rubbed the sore spot, tears daring to spill from her eyes. “That hurt..”

Sua apologised with a kiss on the cheek. “I’ll cook whatever you want.”

Siyeon chuckled, turning to face her as Sua had swung her arms around her neck. “I was kidding eonnie, you’ve already done a lot for me.’’ She sipped on her drink. “The coffee is really yummy too, more than yesterday.”

“Really?” Sua rejoiced. Siyeon nodded and she beamed proudly, accepting a kiss on the forehead.

A phone went off at the table, it was Siyeon’s. She picked up the phone to read the caller ID. ‘Alcohol Rabbit’ she read.

Sua stifled her laughter once more as Siyeon groaned audibly, pressing the green button to accept the call.

-What is it Minji?- She rolled her eyes for extra sass.

-Si! Where are you right now?- JiU skipped the greetings and was in Boss mode.

Siyeon looked down at Sua, who had rested her head onto her shoulder, gazing up at her curiously. She kissed the top of her head.

-I’m with Bora-

-WHAT?!- JiU screeched so loud that even Sua heard her, laughter escaping her lips. -Put her on the phone!-

Siyeon grudgingly handed Sua the phone, who looked as if she had expected the call to be transferred. 

-Hey Minji~- She greeted her kindly.

-Bora!!- JiU’s voice did a 180 from boss to bestie. -How are you? Was Siyeon difficult to handle?-

Sua laughed again, muffling Siyeon's mouth that was about to bark at the phone. 

-I’m doing good, Siyeon was fun to have over.- She replied honestly, which satisfied Siyeon immensely. 

‘Take that Minji.’ Siyeon thought to herself.

-You two slept together?!- JiU assumed from her words.

Sua burst into uncontrollable laughter then, Siyeon was quick to reply.

-No no no,- She almost panicked. -It was raining the whole night yesterday so I stayed a night.-

-Ohhhhhh…- JiU replied, but Siyeon could still hear an underlying tone of suspicion that she knew would fire at her later.

-Hope you slept well Sua, because Siyeon snores!-

Sua composed herself, nearly laughing again when she catches Siyeon’s flustered face. -I’m a deep sleeper, if she had snored, I wouldn’t know.-

JiU laughed at the other end. -That’s fortunate then. Well, I won’t keep you from her, I’ll see you some time?-

-Of course!!- Sua exclaimed, and Siyeon took the phone back.

-Eonnie I’ll see you in a bit.- She shortened the goodbye as much as possible.

-Ok, don’t be late-

She hung up at the letter ‘t’ in the word late.

Sua pouted sadly, “Do you have to go now?” She latched on physically.

Siyeon hugged her waist slightly. “I do.” She chuckles as Sua buries her head in her neck. “I can come back tonight eonnie.”

“Really?” Sua was relieved. “Then I’ll just have to wait for you…” She pouted again.

“Bora…” Siyeon really didn’t want to leave either, which was why she wasn’t moving even though she knew she had to.

Sua untangled herself first to clean up and say goodbye properly. Siyeon offered to help but Sua swatted her hands away, repeating that she was the guest in the house. 

“I don’t wanna be just a guest.” Siyeon stated.

Sua let her take the stacked plates into the kitchen and showed her how to load the dishes into her dishwasher. 

After gathering her belongings, Siyeon slid on her work shoes that were dried from the day before. She had to wear a suit though, which she had planned to pick up from the dry cleaner’s. In the meantime, she was wearing Sua’s oversized hoodie and snug sweatpants that came above her ankles. 

“You forgot something!” Sua stood by the shoe rack, waiting. 

“Huh?” Siyeon checks her bag, pockets, looking round the room to see if she had left something.

Sua then looks at her expectantly. But Siyeon still doesn't get it. With a sigh, Sua taps her lips.

“Oh-!” Siyeon reddens slightly but is happy to answer that.

Sua reaches for her neck to pull her down. Siyeon dips her head and they share a farewell kiss, this time Sua initiates the fervour, and Siyeon catches up to match her passion.

Sua leaves her breathless, backfiring what she had stated the night before.

“Now I really don't wanna leave.” Siyeon relented.

Sua chuckles heartily. “Call me.” She shoves her shoulder towards the door.

Siyeon staggers back a little with a lovesick gaze. “See you soon Bora~”

 

~