~ Chapter 23 ~

At the end of the rainbow 🌈

3rd POV 

 

Siyeon opened her eyes, arms immediately searching for Sua, but she felt an empty space.

A confused grunt escaped as she yawned the sleep away. She quickly stretched her body with a shudder of the morning cold. She was about to sit up when the doorknob turned.

“Ha~ppy birthda~y to you~~, Hap~py birthday to you~!” Sua entered while singing, holding up what looked like a silver plate of cake with her groggy vision. “Happy birthday to Singnie~ Happy birthday to youuuUU~!” A loving smile adorned her pretty face.

Siyeon gasped, “Is it my birthday today?”

Sua stopped in her tracks, in disbelief. “You don’t know when your birthday is?!”

“1st of October right? Is it already October??” Her eyes widened. 

“Yes it is Sing,” Sua sat opposite her with a shake of her head, setting the cake between them. “Now make a wish,” 

Siyeon took a moment, observing how Sua’s face glowed from the light coming off the lit candles. Since the room was still dimmed, the light was concentrated most on her eyes, nose and lips. 

She clasped her hands and made a wish. While meeting Sua’s expectant eyes, she blew out the candles 28. 

“Thank you baby,” Siyeon murmured, reaching over to clasp Sua’s hand tightly. 

“You’re welcome Sing,” Sua peppered kisses onto her face, “I’ll have a hot surprise for you after work~~” She teased, lips curling into a seductive grin.

Siyeon’s eyes widened again, desire consuming her quickly. Did she really have to go to work today?

“Yes you have to go to work today,” Sua read her mind, scooping a fork of cake and holding it in front of . “Now have a bite.”

Siyeon obliged, something she found herself doing more and more lately. Sua was her queen, her majesty. And soon, Princess Gahyeon too. 

“Did our winter baby kick you again last night?” Siyeon reached out to caress her baby, feeling for movement.

Sua giggled as she fed herself cake too. “She did~ I think she wanted to wish you a happy birthday at midnight.”

“Oh did she?” Siyeon’s eyes brighten, as she bends down to kiss her. “Thank you Gahyeonie~ I am celebrating my birthday well because of mama~~” 

Sua amusedly patted Siyeon’s hair as she whispered sweet lines to their winter baby. 

“My leave is planned for 30th December.’’ Sua began over breakfast.

Siyeon nodded, “It’s 90 days right?”

“Yes,” Sua paused in her chewing at the thought. She had been thinking deeply about it these days, about what she was going to do after giving birth. She didn’t want to sacrifice any aspect of their livelihood…and it sure seemed like Siyeon was willing to raise Gahyeon.

“Siyeon.” Sua determinedly stated.

“Mhm?” Siyeon peeled her eyes off her email notifications at the mention of her name.

“Are you ready to be the mother of our child?”

The wind knocked out of Siyeon’s lungs at the directness of her question, but she, without a doubt, had a definite answer to that. 

“I am ready.” Siyeon answered as determined as Sua was, her gaze unwavering.

A couple tears sprang to her eyes. “Thank you…” 

Siyeon left her seat to hug her. “Are you tearing up? Awh~” 

Sua let one or two slide down. “We spoke about this last time..I guess I never knew that I would -sniffle- end up in a fortunate situation like this, finding love again.” 

Siyeon nodded in understanding. “You’ve done very well for yourself eonnie, I’m very happy to help and support you along this new beautiful phase of life. You have my word Bora, anything you need, I’ll do my best to assist. I love you and I will commit to this journey for us, for Gahyeon.’’ She shared her own heartfelt thoughts.

Sua nodded, biting her lip down to hold back more tears. She was hearing the words she had longed to hear. Words that spoke to her brain, to the depths of her heart. 

Siyeon didn’t need to hear the words ‘Thank you’ to know that she was grateful. It’s in the way they cared for each other, and spoke to each other, that Siyeon knew they had a strong bond built on trust, respect and pure love. She couldn’t see her life getting any better than this. 

Once Sua calmed down, she brought up plans of her own. “Since the delivery date is planned, I have also discussed my leave with Minji, a day after you told me actually. Confirmation and adjustment of schedule took a while.” 

“Oh! That’s a relief to hear,” Sua was worried Siyeon wouldn’t have long to accompany her. “How long have you decided on your leave to be?”

“We’ve decided two weeks first, since we don’t really know what to expect of your condition. I will try to extend it if needed, however difficult it may be. Our situation is a little different from most of the cases presented.” Siyeon took a sip of her latte. 

“That’s so much more than I could ask for.’’ Sua grinned from ear to ear. “I should call Minji later today.’’

“Right,’’ Siyeon feigned dislike of that idea. “Also, I will be working from home next week…because usually at this time of the year I go home to visit my family…’’ She looked up from her plate.

Sua’s cutlery stopped mid-way of slicing her sausage. “Daegu?’’

Siyeon squeaked in surprise. “That’s right, you remember?”

“Of course.” Sua nodded, “You use the dialect sometimes. Your pronunciation is sometimes weird though - like gomchi instead of kimchi.”

Siyeon choked on her coffee. “Dang, you don’t gotta call me out like that.”

Sua shrugged. “It’s so dumb I can’t even laugh.’’

“Anyways,” Siyeon diverted her embarrassment. “Would you like to come along?”

Sua’s eyes froze onto Siyeon’s shoulder, unsure of what to think. “Umm…”

“My family is relaxed, I’m sure they’ll welcome you with open arms. But of course, if you’re uncomfortable, you don’t have to.’’ Siyeon assured her.

“I would love to come along, I think I need it too.” Sua decided after some thought. 

Siyeon smiled sweetly. “I’d love to bring you around the place I grew up in. We’ll be in and out of Daegu quickly.’’ 

“That sounds exciting to me~ I think I’ll be a bit nervous though.”

“Don’t worry about it, I’ll be with you the entire time. The first person you’ll meet is my sister, she usually picks me up from the train station.’’

“Oh you don’t take the car?”

“The roads to the family house are not the smoothest. So the Audi is better off staying in the city.” Siyeon curtly explained. “In our case we should drive to Daegu Station and leave the car there.” 

“I’m alright with taking the train as well.”

“No, my passenger princess - I mean queen,” Siyeon dipped her head. “I shall grant you the most comfortable transport possible.”

Sua giggled. 

“When would we leave?”

Siyeon pulled up the calendar on her phone. “Wednesday to Sunday…is it too late to adjust your schedule?” She was apologetic, she had a lot on her plate so she failed to inform Sua earlier.

Sua nodded. “It should be fine. We’re not that busy, I’ll make up for it when I’m back.” 

“Perfect. I will update you with the itinerary as soon as possible.”

 

:

 

:

 

“Bora~~’’ Siyeon opened the front door, holding a box of items. 

“Sing! You’re back…” Sua waddled to her in her cooking apron, having just prepared dinner. “What’s this?”

“A care package for my love.” Siyeon slipped her shoes off to set the box on the table.

“Wahhh~!” Sua exclaimed, naming out the items she saw. “Chocolates, face masks, flowers!, my favourite masks, vitamins…” Sua picked them up to examine them.

“And a big kiss,” Siyeon smacked her cheek loudly. “Gahyeon too.” She leaned down to kiss her winter baby. “I’m back from work Gahyeonie~~ Did you have fun swimming around today?”

“HAHA↗️!” Sua laughed heartily, “Swimming around…”

“We should eat dinner and cuddle later…when am I getting this surprise?” 

An easy smirk crossed Sua’s face. “If it’s a surprise, you wouldn’t know when, Sing.”

After dinner, Sua and Siyeon unwind from the day’s work with cosy cuddling on the couch and a show on the TV. They shared a box of sweet treats. 

“Eonnie,” Siyeon scanned through an email she had just received. “The agency has found someone that wants to rent the flat, should we schedule a date to proceed?’’

Sua nodded, a little engrossed in the movie to fully look at Siyeon. “Try for this Friday.”

Siyeon took note of that. “Time? Will you be okay alone?”

“Yeah I should be alright. I’ve been studying about it recently. If anything comes up, can I call you?”

Siyeon kissed her forehead. “Always hun.”

Sua sneaked a hand onto Siyeon’s, to interrupt her attention to the emails on her phone. After successfully acquiring her full attention, she lifted Siyeon’s left arm to sling it over her shoulders. She snuggled up to her side, resting her head against her side delts. She interlocked their hands so that she was further restricted to make any more movement outside of physical affection. 

A light chuckle escaped Siyeon, but she apologised quietly, pressing a lingering kiss on her temple. Even though the show easily grabbed her attention, Sua’s reaction to the scenes grabbed her attention better. She was expressive and vocal, often resulting in shrieks of laughter or a cute rant of frustration regarding the protagonist’s decision. 

In moments of anticipation or nervousness, Sua would squeeze her hand tightly, Siyeon noticed. She wondered if she would do the same in the delivery room. Just thinking about it made her heart tingle in some way. Would she be more nervous than Sua? She had heard of stories where fathers would faint from over-excitement or from being overwhelmed. It would feel surreal, she thought, to cradle a baby in her arms. 

Suddenly she felt lips on hers. Her body instinctively reacted, her back detaching from the couch and a hand automatically rose to cup her cheek. Before she could use her tongue, Sua placed a hand on her shoulder to push her off.

“You’re not paying attention.” She scolded.

Siyeon hid her guilt by burying her face into her neck. “Sorry.”

“What are you thinking about so deeply?”

Siyeon forgot Sua knew her that well. 

“Gahyeon. The delivery. Everything, I guess.’’ Siyeon was honest. 

Sua’s lips parted slightly but no words came out, so Siyeon took the chance to kiss her again. 

“Hah…” Sua wanted to reply, but succumbed to her determined lips. “Sing…’’

“Mhm?” Siyeon went at it, running her tongue over her bottom lip.

Sua felt the heat rising as their kisses got deeper and deeper. Siyeon held the base of her neck firmly, a move she pulled when she wanted to control the tempo. Her body turned to face her fully. She hooked Sua’s leg over her lap. The other was still on its way when Sua tools Siyeon’s hands and placed them on the buttons of her pyjamas. 

Siyeon retracted back slightly, her eyes expressing consent. Sua nodded, and she did as told ing her pyjama shirt as Sua locked their lips again.

Naturally, Siyeon’s hand palmed her skin but instead, she felt a smooth material, silk.

Curious, she pulled away to look. Her jaw dropped.

The surprise was definitely a hot one, the dark red silk was a y contrast to her milky white skin. Red was definitely her colour. The way it flowed over her baby bump, Siyeon was attracted to this hot mama.

“My god,” Siyeon stuttered. “You are one gorgeous piece of art.” 

“So pin me against the wall.” Sua played along, her lips curling into that teasing smirk, daring Siyeon to take action.

A growl escaped . Siyeon didn’t hold back when she was provoked. 

In a blink of an eye, Sua was back to her room. Siyeon laid her softly on their bed, pinning her hips down with her legs. 

“Gahyeon, you might want to close your ears.” Siyeon whispered sweetly, before proceeding to skillfully satisfy her with her tongue.

“You’re-” Sua gasped between . “Lucky- this baby’s in the way. Just wait till she’s out…” She curled her fingers tighter into Siyeon’s hair, squeezing her eyes shut. “I’ll show you what real power feels like.”

Siyeon managed a smirk with trembling lips. “We’ll see about that Bora~” 

Inwardly though, she was a little intimidated, having seen Sua's usual aggression, yet excited.

“Now don’t stop.” Sua pushed her head back down, aching for more of that addicting pleasure.

Siyeon grabbed her thighs close to her and let Sua’s  melodious voice echo in her ears. It was her birthday heaven.

A couple of body shudders, Siyeon reached back up to check on Sua. Light sweat made strands of her hair stick to her forehead, her chest rising up and down at quick intervals. She caressed her cheeks while trying to catch her own breath. 

“You were delicious.”

Sua raised a brow. “Am I a meal you can devour?” She tucked some fallen hair behind her ears so that she could see her face.

“Are you not? Especially when you like this…” Siyeon caressed her baby bump. “There’s nothing in the world hotter to me than a baby mama like you.” She kissed her.

Sua giggled, but got serious. “Seriously though, just you wait till I get my freedom to please.” Her eyes darken again.

Siyeon felt heat rushing through her neck, cheeks probably flushing. 

“I’ll look forward to it.” 

 

~