~ Chapter 13 ~

At the end of the rainbow 🌈

3rd POV

Sua woke up to the ringing of her doorbell.

Confused, she carefully rolls out of bed and trudges out of her bedroom, half-asleep.

Without looking at the peephole, she pulls the door wide open, immediately greeted by the unmistakable scent of flowers.

“Bora…” She heard a squeaky voice behind the bouquet. “Hi…” 

Sua peeks over the flowers to see a familiar face. “Siyeon??”

Siyeon clears . “Yes uh, that’s me.”

“Oh my~ What are you doing here?” Sua expresses amazement, pulling the door open wider to her in. “And what are the flowers for?” She squealed happily.

Siyeon walked in and shared a quick side hug with her. She removed her shoes with a shrug. “I just wanted to bring you flowers.” She hands the bouquet to Sua.

Sua blushed. “That’s so sweet of you. Don’t you have meetings today?”

Siyeon shook her head. “No, not today.” She smiles brightly as Sua leans to smell the flowers deeply. “I decided to drop by, since I was free…but clearly you had just woken up…” She sounded apologetic in the end, patting her bed hair down.

“That’s right,” Sua shook her head in slight disapproval, expressing playfulness with a grin. “I really need my beauty sleep.” 

Siyeon chuckled. “Do you like the flowers though?”

“I love them.” Sua giggled. “I’m kind of glad you came, I have an appointment at 12 and wanted to go shopping afterwards.”

Siyeon smiles nervously. “You know, on second thought, I think I need to leave-”

Sua wiggled a finger in the air. “No no no, no escaping now Singnie.” 

Siyeon pretended to be scared but was inwardly flattered that Sua would like to take her along on her daily errands. She had initially planned on dropping the flowers off and leaving, but it seemed that Sua was giving her a reason to stay.

“Come on, let’s go to the living room.” Sua pulls her further into her house by the arm. 

“Eonnie your house is really neat.” Siyeon comments at first sight. “Aside from the abundance of pillows.” She notes pointedly.

Sua laughs heartily. “I always need plenty of pillows to fluff the strain on my body. Seulgi and Hongseok always get into pillow fights when they come over.”

Siyeon settles down on the couch. “Haha that’s cute. I can see why they would do that. Do they come by often?”

Sua nods, sitting next to her. “It’s mainly to check up on me, and my health. Or helping me around the house with things I can’t do. I’m really grateful for them.” Her eyes shined with gratitude, and Siyeon could see it.

But something in her ignited, she badly wanted to say that she wanted to be that person for her too, that she was someone to rely on when in need, that she wanted to be by her side. 

Too bad she was too shy of her feelings to express such things.

“I see,” Siyeon continued, pausing as she saw Sua yawn. “Eonnie, if you’d like to sleep you should sleep. I can come back later.” She offered.

Sua shook her head and rubbed her eyes cutely. “No, I was just yawning the sleep away. I usually wake up around this time.” She gets up to go to the kitchen. 

Siyeon tilts her head back to see her from an upside down view. “Can you make me coffee?”

“Of course.” Sua turns back, laughing to see an upside down-faced Siyeon looking at her. “I’ll have you know I make good coffee.”

“Ooh,” Siyeon exclaimed, suddenly feeling dizzy as the blood rushes into her head. “Aiya,” She squeaked, “My head hurts.”

“Pabo…” Sua murmured under her breath. “What kind of coffee do you like?” 

“Americano!”

“Ok. I’ll make you one.” Sua got busy in the kitchen, taking the coffee pot to craft the drink, one she has done plenty of times for Seulgi and Hongseok.

She herself loved a morning smoothie, so she took out the frozen fruits and ingredients she used in her smoothie. It blended up quickly and perfectly while the coffee was being made. 

“Eonnie,” Siyeon said.

“Yes?”

“What did you think of JiU-eonnie and Yoohyeon?”

“They’re cute together.” Sua replied softly. “Why?”

“Nothing.” Siyeon bit her inner cheek.

Sua didn't interpret her reply in exaggeration. “I mean, they haven't been together for a long time right? Yet they look like a real couple. I was actually shocked observing their chemistry.” She thoughtfully continued.

Those were the words Siyeon was looking for. “Exactly. I was so shocked as well. Minji never really talks about Yoohyeon but when I saw them together - there were minimal traces of awkwardness.”

Sua walks over with two glasses. One of coffee, one of smoothie. “Yoohyeon is definitely more delicate, Minji is more energetic. I think that's a good dynamic. Though from the looks of it, they haven't been in proper relationships before."

"Yeah..." Siyeon was reminded of what JiU had told her about their dating history, if one would even consider JiU's past  flings as dating history. 

"Hope I'm not crossing a line here," Sua sips her drink. "Have you had past relationships?'' She questioned gently, as if to let her know that it was okay to not answer. 

Siyeon stared into her cup of coffee, wanting to be honest. "I did, my first one in my university days. Back when...same- relationships were looked down upon, I had shared a memorable one with a girl. We ended parting because she got bullied and turned that pain into hatred towards me." She shared painfully. "We fought so much and ended things badly."

Sua's brows were immediately knitted in concern. "I'm sorry to hear that."

The latter swallowed the painful memories with the coffee. "I found it easier to accept the older I got but I wished I was smarter and more understanding while handling our situation in society back then."

"To be fair, it must have been difficult to constrain the attraction from both sides to pertain from other's suspicions and not to mention that you two were in University, a time where social interactions were frequent." Sua didn't want her to take the blame. "Bullying is simply unacceptable, whether related to society's norms or not. People need mind their own damn business."  Her tone stiffened up at the end, and Siyeon almost heard a growl come out of .

"Eonnie, don't be mad," Siyeon chuckles nervously, seeing how Sua's breathing had suddenly quickened. "It's okay now."

Sua deflated to a marshmellow. "I sure hope so."

They put the heavy topic aside to enjoy their drink, sharing a short period of excitement about reading of comedians touring schedules worldwide. A mutual loved comedian between them was coming to Seoul, next month. Siyeon was already looking at tickets...

"We have to go together!!" Sua insisted.

"I know! I thought of asking you along when I saw them. I'll secure good seats for us okay?" Siyeon promised.

"YAY!" Sua cheered a little too loudly for the morning.  

"Ah eonnie," Siyeon covered her affected ear. "You're too loud." She whined.

"Sorry sorry~" Sua patted her ear affectionately, before leaning into her completely. "I'm too lazy to get up."

"Aigo," Siyeon caught her sudden weight, "How long does it take you to get to the clinic? Or hospital..?" She was unsure.

"Hospital, 40-45 minutes." Sua replied tiredly.

Siyeon gasps. "That long? With the bus? Or subway?"

"Bus. Direct." Sua mumbled curtly into her T-shirt, snuggling into her side.

The latter caresses her hair. "Eonnie, you know I can always bring you."

"No, it's fine." Sua quickly rejected, not wanting her time during the weekend.

"What if I bring you out to delicious restaurants afterwards?" She baited, literally.

Sua feigned hesitance, soaking in Siyeon's hopeful eyes for a second before diving into to hug her again. "Okay! But I'm not forcing you!"

Siyeon shook her head. "I want to be there for you."

Her words weighed a lot more than she made it out to be and Sua picked that up, a grateful smile gracing her lips.

:  

At the hospital, Sua pulls Siyeon towards her examination room where her GP was awaiting her.

"Eonnie, should I be in the room with you?" Siyeon hesitantly questioned.

"Of course! Unless you don't want to..." Sua started to pout.

Siyeon hurried to change her mind. "No no! I don't mind."

A grin appeared on her face again. "Okay!!"

"Hello Sua," Her GP greeted from the table, then swiveled from her chair to make eye contact with them. "Oh you brought someone with you today~"

Sua looked at Siyeon, tugging her hand as her eyes were shyly casted downwards. "This is Siyeon, a close friend of mine."

Siyeon greeted the GP with a bow, with the habit of being formal. "Good afternoon Doctor."

"Well, it's nice to meet you Siyeon, I'm Doctor Chae, in charge of monitoring Bora and her baby's health." She gestured to the spacious room. "Please, make yourself comfortable."

"Okay." Siyeon reluctantly let go of Sua's hand to settle on a chair at the side of the room.

Sua hoists herself onto the examination chair and settles into it.

"Any physical problems recently?" The doctor questioned.

"No, just lower back pain and mild dizziness."

"Eonnie, you had stomach cramps two days ago." Siyeon added on quickly.

The two look at her simultaneously, which makes her feel a little embarrassed.

The doctor looks at Sua for confirmation who only chuckles at Siyeon's reaction, but agrees. "That's right, I forgot."

"Ok, good that she came along because such information is important." The doctor typed it into her computer. 

"Thank you." Sua mouthed to Siyeon who smiled softly.

Further into the examination, her weight was measured, blood pressure noted, and then Sua had to test her urine. 

"I'll be right back." Sua said aloud, to Siyeon in particular, as she probably had no idea what the standard procedures were. 

When Sua left the room, Siyeon took the chance to ask some questions.

"Doctor, can I ask you some questions?"

Doctor Chae swiveled in her chair again to face her. "About Bora?"

"Yes." She shyly confirmed.

"Go ahead."

"When eonnie gets cramps and such, does she only take painkillers to feel better? Does she get them too when she sleeps? Does she always need to be in comfortable positions? Whether lying or sitting down?''

The questions fired out of Siyeon's mouth with genuine concern, the doctor observed. 

"Woah woah woah, slow down there." The doctor began, and Siyeon sheepishly looked at the floor. "First of all, I'm glad that you are concerned of Bora. She does need someone to rely on, especially when emergencies happen like her incident a month or so ago."

Siyeon perked up at the last sentence. Was the incident the one from the supermarket?

She didn't bother to entertain that thought upon hearing the doctor answer every one of her question in details. One answer in particular caught her attention.

"I'm not sure if Bora has one but a pregnancy pillow will be very useful for her, whether sitting or lying down, but especially at night when the cramps give her the jumpscare." The doctor made a horror face which made Siyeon laugh.

Sua walked back in at that moent, pleased to see Siyeon laughing. "What's going on? Did I miss something?"

Siyeon looked slightly nervously at the doctor, not wanting Sua to know how worried she was...

"No, just chatting randomly. Why don't you sit back down hm?" The doctor was quick to act distracted, typing away on her computer.

"Okay." Sua obliged, but not without sending Siyeon a swift glance. "All good?" She mouthed to her with an 'ok' sign.

Siyeon nodded and jotted down what the doctor had told her in her phone. She was going to need to remember the information.

The doctor then went ahead to check on the baby's health. While lying all comfortable on the chair, Sua got hungry.

"Sing, can you get me a snack from the cafeteria?"

Siyeon averted her eyes from the pregnancy chart she was examining. "Sure...what would you like?"

"Anything, as long as it's not spicy." 

"Okay."

When Siyeon was out of earshot, the doctor decided to get Sua to spill the tea. 

"Just a friend huh?" She teased.

Sua blushes herself, not able to hide that the truth didn't seem that way. "We're in between the two stages."

Her doctor smiles knowingly. "How do you feel about it? I know you said you didn't have interest in relationships."

Sua thought about it. "She makes me want to be in a relationship with her."

Doctor Chae gasps a little. "That's so romantic."

Sua chuckles. "I guess, I'm just afraid," She folds her hands on her belly. "That the baby will be an...obstacle or too great of a burden for a relationship."

"Mhm, plausible." The doctor began, "But from what I've seen, the baby is not the obstacle, but her reason." She winks.

Sua bites her lower lip, knwoing what she implied. She only hoped that it was true. Because as much she had planned to take care of her baby on her own, she desperately needed someone to share the loving and the pain. She had to love the person first though.

: At the mall

"Eonnie you spilled the soup on me!" Siyeon yelped, as the piping hot fish cake soup trickled onto her cotton shirt.

Sua gobbled the food up unapologetically. "Sorry." She apologised, voice muffled.

Siyeon sighed, grabbing a napkin to kindly wipe the excess soup off the side off her lips. "Isn't it hot? You should wait for it to cool down Bora..." Siyeon blew on the food for her.

"I know but I'm hungry!!" Sua whined, biting her way to the yummy skewers.

"Uh uh uh." Siyeon made sure she wasn't eating the foods until they had cooled down. "Here, have my hand instead." She joked.

Haha, jokes on her because Sua really bit her hand down. 

"AH-! Eonnie!!" Siyeon exclaimed in surprise, eyes widened as if she had been bitten by a zombie.

"HEHEHE~" Sua laughed evilly.

Siyeon sighed again, carefully feeding her the cooled down skewers. "You're eating very well." 

Sua nodded behind the steam. "I need the bathroom."

"Again? Didn't you go 20 minutes ago?" Siyeon commented.

Sua nearly gave her a death glare. "Do you have a problem with that Lee Siyeon?"

The latter gulped visbily at the use of her full name. "No, I don't."

"Good!" Sua grinned brightly again. "Wait here okay? We still need to go to the supermarket downstairs." She left her words hanging in the air, basically telling Siyeon to clean up and pack their things to move on with her errands. 

"Yes ma'm." Siyeon muttered under her breath, feigning exasperation.

But no one would miss the satisfied expression she had.

At the supermarket, Sua headed directly to the cereal aisle.

Siyeon struggled to keep up, holding both their belongings and shopping bags of the beautiful dresses they had chosen together. Well, Siyeon was forced to choose.

"Eonnie! I'll get it for you..." Siyeon calls out, the memory flashing before her eyes.

Sua giggled and stabilised herself on her feet. She had done it on purpose to see what Siyeon would do. And she liked the reaction.

"You remember~" Sua watched her grab a box of her favourite choco ball cereal from the top shelf, a height she will never reach. 

Siyeon was a little caught off-guard to see such a dreamy expression on Sua face after she had gotten the cereal for her, smiling before leaning down to kiss her forehead.

But, once again, the shyness kicked in centimetres away and Siyeon nearly pulled away if it wasn't for Sua tugging her shirt urgently.

Her requests satisfied, Sua moved on to the other aisles, helping Siyeon keep up with her by linking her arms. 

The latter tried hard to maintain her composure, feeling just a tad flustered from the way Sua was asking her to kiss her. And how she wanted to kiss her naturally. Any longer now and she was going to have to confess-

"Sing!! Do you want anything? I'll buy you something." Sua shouted from the tteokbokki section.

Siyeon nearly melted, upon seeing Sua hold up one of Siyeon's favourite types of tteokbokki. Maybe she knew it, likely she didn't, but her heart definitely liked the sound of that.

"You don't have to..." Siyeon interjected, helplessly watching the packs slide into the basket.

"Too late." Sua gave her a childish grin.

"Eonnie maybe I should carry the basket for you-"

"No! I'm good Sing, just help me carry my baby later." She disappeared into the hygiene aisle.

Siyeon blinked, stood rooted to her spot.

With everything that was happening since the movie night, she was getting the feeling that Sua liked her as much as she liked her. And the words that came out of maybe playfully always had some seriousness to them.

Siyeon was surely willing to stick around and fufill her words. 
 

~