~ Chapter 12 ~

At the end of the rainbow 🌈

3rd POV

Siyeon was almost flabbergasted at what she was hearing.

"I was thinking that we could do a double date with you and Sua?" JiU continued, ignoring Siyeon confused blinks.

"Stop, stop right there." Siyeon held a hand up. "Your relationship with Yoohyeon is so wrong yet right...? I'm not sure if I'm happy with you Kim Minji."

Minji shrugged. "I like Yoohyeon. She's adorable, like a puppy, but she does have one hell of a body. So I want to cherish her and play with her simultaneously." Her arrogant grin falters upon seeing Siyeon's stern face. "What?"

'This is going a little far...' Siyeon wanted to say, but knew that it wouldn't change JiU's mind. 

Still, she tried.

"Eonnie, maybe you could put... aside and get to know her for real?" She questioned.

JiU expressed a poker face. "No."

"Why?"

JiU shrugs. "I think it's pointless to get to know someone that you know you won't commit to forever."

Siyeon swallowed nervously, but covered those feelings with a quick smile. She'll change her mind. She won't let JiU make that mistake again. On the other hand, she was even more worried for Yoohyeon...

"Fine." Siyeon accepts. "We'll find time. What do you wanna do?" 

"I don't really care. I just want to meet Bora properly." JiU replied and Siyeon narrowed her eyes at her.

JiU rolled her eyes. "I'm not gonna take her away from you. You're my best friend and I have Yoohyeon."

Siyeon nods slowly in convinction. But then she got cocky. "It doesn't matter, she was the one that kissed me on our last date."

She then explodes into a series of high-pitched of squeals. JiU nearly staggers back in shock. She had never heard such sound come out of Siyeon.

"She did? On the lips?" JiU teased.

Siyeon shook her head. "Cheek."

"Ehhh~" JiU waved her hands at Siyeon, in a demeaning manner. "I can get a girl to makeout with me in just one gaze." She puffs her chest.

Siyeon rolls her eyes this time. 'Yeah but outside of that you get nothing valubale Kim Minji...'

The two discuss a range of activities from gaming to apple picking, but ended up deciding on a simple picnic has it went well with Siyeon and Sua the last time. It was also the least physically exhausting activity, suitable for all four that work throughout the week.

"Do you pick her up at the Oct and just...get messy right away?" Siyeon questioned out of the blue.

JiU was deciding between bringing sashimi or egg tarts to the picnic. Or both. She knew Yoohyeon liked salmon.

"Yeah." She nonchalantly replies. "For the last two weeks now."

Siyeon choked on air. She didn't like how the words naturally spilled out of . "You haven't taken her out on a proper date?"

JiU shook her head. "No need."

Siyeon quietly sighed, and stared at JiU for a few seconds.

Her eyes were blank, light cancelling out the darkness, they used to be bright, Siyeon recalls to their University days. They had made fantastic memories as a duo, and JiU was always cheerful and genuine, a total 180 personality from now. She still was genuine, but lost her cheerfulness and youthfulness. They both knew that starting a company was a big influence to that change. Siyeon admits to, that she had lost some of her youthfulness, but with Sua it rekindles beautifully.

That's why she will not give up on finding the right person for JiU.

:

Suayeon en Jiyoo gather in the parking lot, circling to find spots close to the entrance.

Siyeon lifts her interlocked hand with Sua to press a button on the screen. JiU picked up.

"Eonnie, you can take the spot on the right, I'll take the one opposite."

"Yes mam!" JiU drove ahead to take the spot, and while she was reversing in, Siyeon waited by the opposite spot, to block other cars from taking it.

Gathering by the entrance, they greet one other briefly.

"Bora, this is JiU and Yoohyeon." Siyeon kicked the introductions off.

"Hello Yoohyeon, JiU, it's nice to meet you all." Sua wanted to shake their hands but JiU pulled her into a hug.

"It's so nice to finally meet you!!" JiU bounced slightly on her toes.

"Hi, I'm Yoohyeon." The taller latter awkwardly went in for a hug and Sua reciprocated it warmly.

"Nice to meet you Yoohyeon."

Siyeon hugged Yoohyeon too, as it was their first proper meeting as well. They began walking into the park to find the oerfect picnic spot. While Sua was coversing with JiU ahead, Siyeon took the opportunity to chat with Yoohyeon.

"So, Yoohyeon," Siyeon began calmly, knowing that the latter was shy. "How have you been?"

She smiled a little. "I've been doing alright, and...you?" She hesitated, wondering how she should address her.

"I've been doing alright too," Siyeon replies, "You can call me eonnie." She prompted.

Yoohyeon nodded shyly. "Eonnie, I heard you've been friends with Minji-eonnie for a long time."

"That is correct. I think for too long, actually." She replied, which earned a giggle from the latter.

"That's what Minji-eonnie says too." Yoohyeon replied with a small grin.

Siyeon tested the waters then. "Are you two dating or something? Minji is always so vague about everything."

Yoohyeon's reddened cheeks were immediately noticeable. She shrugged curtly, but her gaze was now pinned on JiU, some disappointment in her eyes.

"I guess you could say that. I'm not really sure either." She turned back to look at Siyeon.

"Ah, I see-" 

"Girls! Under shade or sun?" JiU shouted from a nearby tree, which loomed over her like a shade.

"Shade!" Yoohyeon and Sua said.

"Sun!" Siyeon replied, before looking at the other two accusingly. She said yes to Bora's stern eyes though.

To make everyone happy, they split the mat half in the sun, half in the shade. Sua and Yoohyeon sat in the shade, while Siyeon and JiU soaked in the sun.

The four of them resorted to chatting to warm up to each other, and settle into the environment.

"So, how did the two of you meet?" Sua questioned JiU and Yoohyeon curiously.

JiU grinned while Yoohyeon looked a tad uneasy. "Octagon, a club."

Sua laughed. "That sounds like JiU. Did she make a move on you Yoohyeon?"

Yoohyeon didn't quite expect such a chill reaction from the woman but was glad that it turned out that way. It made her feel less embarrassed.

"She did." Yoohyeon blushed as JiU stares at her intently, her lips curled into her favourite smile.

"Ohhh Kim Yoohyeon's blushing~~" Siyeon teased, and Sua laughed by her side, grabbing her arm for support.

JiU stretched her legs. "What can I say? I exude plenty of charms." She runs a hand through her hair charmingly, like a celebrity.

Sua played along and acted like a paparazzi, imitating camera sounds and using her hands to snap shots of her. "Kim Minji! Kim Minji! Show us your charms!" She prompts.

JiU busts out five different poses showcasing her charms. Yoohyeon and Sua cheers her on enthusiastically. Siyeon calls for backup by opening the picnic basket they had brought.

"Okay okay let's calm down," She took out the containers. "This eonnie has to eat before she gets hangry." Siyeon affectionally calls Sua out.

"What did you say?!↗️" Sua exclaimed, pretending to bit Siyeon's cheeks.

"Wah this eonnie's voice decibel is so loud-!" Yoohyeon whimpered silently, folding her affected ear close in shock.

"Hahaha!" JiU pulls her closer to hug her gently. "You better get used to it." She jokes.

Siyeon crosses her legs to set the food on the mat, the smell attracting all of them in to take a bite.

"잘 먹엤습니다!" 

"Mhm~" JiU is in love with the tonakatsu sandwich. "Si, since when can you cook like this??"

Siyeon hid the truth behind a smirk. "I know, my hard has paid off-"

"Yah! DON'T LIE!" Sua dropped her own sandiwch to confront Siyeon. She shook her shoulders vigorously.

"HAHAHA!" Yoohyeon and JiU laughed genuinely, as if seeing an actual married couple fight.

Siyeon surrenders, "Alright alright, Bora-eonnie did all the hard work."

Sua chewed on with a side eye. "That's right."

"Are the two of you married?" Yoohyeon questioned out of the blue.

Siyeon choked on the bread while JiU's eyes widened before snorting into laughter. Yoohyeon was a little confused but focused on Sua, who had the most neutral expression.

"You could say that we are, but not on paper." She replied with a toothy grin.

Siyeon expressed her surprise to Sua with a slightly open mouth. Her heart beating two times faster.

JiU nods in agreement to her words, which made Yoohyeon slightly confused as to whose reaction she should be paying attention to. She also didn't undertsnad Bora's answer but accepted it with a sweet smile.

"Eonnie..." Siyeon whispered with a dazed tone.

Sua turned to her. "Hm?" She then burst out laughing at the look on her face. "Yah! Lee Siyeon, where's my smoothie?" She brought her back to reality.

"U-uh..?" Siyeon blinked, searching through the cooler in front of them. "I remeber packing it..."

Sua huffed. Siyeon looked through it frantically again.

"Is this the one?" JiU held up a huge bottle with a smoothie sticker on it.

"Yes!" Sua took it from her gratefully. "It was another cooler then?"

"Yeah I think it got mixed up since Siyeon-eonnie needed the cooler space for dessert and fruit." Yoohyeon explained.

"Ah." Sua sipped her drink calmly.

JiU then laughs randomly.

The three look at her expectantly.

"I just think Sua's energy capability is amazing."

"Since University right?"

"Yeah," They exchanged knowing glances. "It's been how many years now, four?"

"That's right."

"HAHA↗️ you both have that look in your eyes." Sua noticed, and Yoohyeon giggled along.

"Is there a funny memory we should know of?" She teased.

Siyeon grinned. "They have to know about the movie one."

"Haha! We were sitting in a Marketing Lecture and I was bored of the material so I pulled up a movie on Netflix. Siyeon sat behind me and was staring at my screen intently. So I switched on the subtitles."

"Wahhh rebels~" Sua commented in disbelief.

Yoohyeon found it quite hilarious. "Did you not get caught?? Siyeon-eonnie must have looked weird staring the whole time." She retorted.

"Yah! What do you mean by that?" Siyeon questioned, feining offence.

JiU smirked. "The professor was an old man. His eyesight didn't go further than 3 rows.''

"Haha that's plausible." Yoohyeon nodded, convinced.

With the bright sun hiding behind the clouds, Siyeon and JiU got up to play some frisbee. Yoohyeon went with Sua to the bathroom by a nearby shelter, to accompany her. Getting to know the taller latter, Sua smiled upon hearing of her past dreams of becoming a model. It reminded her of her own aspiration to become a dancer. 

''Why didn't become a dancer then?" Yoohyeon asked, before rolling her head around to loosen her stiff neck. 

Sua closed the empty containers, and leaned back on her hands to watch JiU and Siyeon running around like kids. 

"Because, parents." She replied simply.

Yoohyeon gives her a knowing, sad gaze. "Mine too, except, they stopped me from getting into the industry because of the unhealthy standards model agencies have." She explained.

"Hmm,'' Sua understood, but assumed that with time the standards would have changed by then. "Aren't there better agencies nowadays? Or is it hard to find here?" 

"Yeah they're hard to find,'' Yoohyeon sighed, ''Traditionally, every agency has the same basic standards. In the US there are pleny of agencies with more relaxed standards though." She wistfully continued.

Sua nods slowly. ''But you're young! Can't you pick up modelling again? If not a runway model, then a hand model or skincare. Your skin is beautifully healthy and glowing." 

Yoohyeon was thankful for her compliment, expressing herself with a dimpled smile. "Thank you, but I guess I've lost the motivation to chase that passion."

"That can happen too." Sua put the topic aside. 

Siyeon and JiU came running back at that moment, with Siyeon falling face first into the grass 2 metres away from the mat because of her untied shoelaces. Yoohyeon looked on concernedly with a horrified gaze. JiU rolled onto the mat laughing away at her best friend. Sua wiggled her way to the edge of the mat to help Siyeon up, who was literally crawling to her knees. 

To her relief, her face was still intact. 

"Oh my precious nose," Siyeon touched her face gratefully, but felt a stinging pain on her forehead. "Oww..." She grimaced.

''Gosh, Sing!'' Sua scolded her lightly, pulling her towards her side. "Why are you so clumsy!''

JiU couldn't stop laughing at Siyeon's misery. She nudges Yoohyeon, who was still processing what had happened. "Aren't they just perfect for each other?''

A nearly crying Siyeon nestled herself against Sua's shoulder, resting her tired body with a cool drink. She remembers to tie her shoelaces better and tighter. Her heart nearly jumps out of her chest when Sua cradles her face in her hands to examine it, their faces merely inches apart. 

"Pabo..." Sua murmurs, brushing the dirt off her skin with a clean cloth to reveal a small cut on her forehead. 

Siyeon made an indescribable noise of grumpiness. ''Eonnie, you're not making me feel any better."

Sua grinned teasingly before brushing her hair back. She leaned in to kiss her forehead. 

"How about now?"

Siyeon blinks up at her in a daze, a lovesick smile forming on her face. "Much better."

With a girlish giggle, Sua pats Siyeon's head down to her shoulder again, turning her attention to JiU who had brought a snack bag.

“Do we have any sweet snacks? I’m craving something sweet...” Sua requests.

JiU hands her the snack bag and she sifts through it.

“I want some too!” Yoohyeon bends over to have a look herself.

“Pepero?” Sua takes the familiar package.

“Yum.” Siyeon comments, but continues to snack on her prawn chips.

“I want one too~” JiU crawls over to take one from the packaging.

Sua quickly holds one on the edge of her lips and tilts her head towards JiU with a suggestive expression.

The blonde-haired CEO does a double take, looking a little flustered before leaning in to grab a bite.

“HAHAHA! ↗️↗️” Sua bursts into laughter, pointing at JiU. The latter purses her lips sheepishly, finally taking                                             one for herself.

As reflex, Yoohyeon and Siyeon uses their fingers to protect their ears, not used to Sua's laughter. They turned to Sua and JiU to see what was going on.

“I placed it like this,” Sua held the stick at the edge of again, then took it out to talk, “And looked at her like this,” She reenacted her expression, “She was startled for a second and thought about it!” That line received laughter. “And then moved forward!!” Bora shrieks in laughter.

“I don't shy away,” JiU chewed the sweet biscuit nonchalantly, effectively hiding the panic she felt at that moment. She suddenly smirks, “Shall we play the pepero game?”

“Oh!” Sua gasps in excitement, “You two and us two?” She referred to her and Siyeon, JiU and Yoohyeon.

“Hm,” Siyeon replies, but gets flustered a second after Sua gives her wiggly brows. “Let's do this!!” She regains composure.

Yoohyeon couldn't meet any of their eyes, hiding her face behind her hands.

JiU pulls Yoohyeon towards her, with a pepero stick on the edge of her curled lips.

“Oooohhh Kim Minji~” Bora cheers on her 94’ liner, liking her bold stance. “Make it quick.” She adds, sharing a knowing grin with Siyeon.

“We're really doing this?” Yoohyeon opens her eyes, also getting flustered when she notices JiU closing the physical gap.

“Of course.”

“Eonnie this is making me flustered ᅲᅲᅲ” Yoohyeon eyes dart from left to right, even though no one in particular would pay any attention to them being weird.

“There’s no way you’ll be resisting such a sweet prize,” JiU winks, “Or should I say, prizes.” She smoothly flirted.

Yoohyeon purses her lips in defeat. Siyeon pushes her shoulder forward joking.

Hesitantly yet surely, the distance between them closes as they each bite their way to the middle. JiU never dropped her eye contact while Yoohyeon had trouble maintaining hers. Their lower lip make contact in the middle which has Yoohyeon breaking the stick in embarrassment, lying face down to hide her reddened face. JiU laughs in satisfaction, attending to Yoohyeon immediately by hugging her and caressing her hair. 

“Haha the hesitation!” Siyeon comments mid-laughter, Sua had already began laughing since their lips made contact.

“Your turn.” JiU takes the attention away from them. The latter hid her reddened face in her neck.

“Come here sweetie~” Sua flirts, putting the stick on the edge of .

Siyeon giggles and sits in front of her, grabbing the other end of the stick with her own mouth.

“3, 2, 1!” JiU counts down, clapping Yoohyeon’s hands as the starting signal.

Sua grabs the back of Siyeon’s head gently as their lips start moving. But she was kind of aggressive, reaching half of the stick by her second bite. She looks at Siyeon’s lips, tilting her head to maximise access to eating the biscuit. Siyeon kept her eyes trained on the quickening reduction of the stick, not noticing how closer their lips were getting. 

"Wah!'' JiU exclaimes at Sua's boldness. She was amazed, actually. 

Siyeon had stopped when there was mere centimetres of biscuits left but Sua kept going, essentially kissing Siyeon and breaking the stick with effort.

"Yah! Eonnie!'' Yoohyeo gasped when their unfinished stick drops onto the mat. It was much shorter compared to hers and JiU's. 

JiU blinked repeatedly, unable to process the sight. Did they just get that close?

"HAHAHA!" Sua pulled away in surprise, observing Siyeon's delayed reaction. She smirks when JiU wiggles her brows knowingly at her. 

Siyeon tried her best to stifle her laughter, to calm her heart and to control the squeals wanting to burst out of her. Did Sua share an official kiss? Her lips were soft. 

She ran her tongue over her lips to naturally and started to taste blood on the inner skin of her lip...

Turns out, her boldness made her bite Siyeon's lower lip. 

"AHH!" She jumped up in fear herself, holding a hand to her lip. The three look over to her expectantly.

''This eonnie bit my lip!'' She exclaimed, flipping her hand to show a small spot of blood on her fingertip.

"OH MY GOD," Sua gently pries her lower lip open to see it. "There's an actual cut, but tiny." She confirmed, before bursting into laughter again. "Sing-ah, I'm sorry."

Siyeon rolled her eyes but allowed Sua to cuddle her properly. 

Yoohyeon and JiU gasp simultaneously.

"Wow~ Eonnie's really feisty~" Yoohyeon commented, narrowly dodging a flying fist. 

JiU claps for her. "I respect that. Siyeon should practice handling people bolder than her." She says casually. 

"Yah." Siyeon feigns hurt. Deep down she really felt loved...somewhat. "I'm speechless right now.''

Sua was genuinely apologetic, making it right by feeding her food lightly and comforting her whenever she yelped in pain. She had already gotten injured twice in a short span of time. 

JiU switches up the mood by putting on some music.

"Eonnie, you're really funny." Yoohyeon randomly said, stuffing her cheeks with watermelon.

Sua gives her a suspicious glance. "Was that meant to be insulting or as a compliment?"

Yoohyeon chuckles nervously. "Compliment." 

"You sure didn't sound like you mean it." Sua 'tsked' audibly.

JiU adds on bluntly, "Her laughter is the funnies thing to me. Sometimes funnier than what's actually happening."

Siyeon chortled in agreement but choked when she felt Sua's hand on . Yoohyeon watched on in fear, glad that she had held back her own laughter.

"Yah, Kim Minji," She narrows her eyes. "Do you have a death wish?" She threatened.

"No ma'm!" She saluted. 

They had a slight scare when Sua starts grabbing her enlarged abdomen. 

"Bora!'' Siyeon lifted her head off her shoulder worriedly. "Does your belly hurt?" 

JiU was concerned, but paid more attention to how Siyeon was reacting.

Sua nods, breathing through gritted teeth. Her GP had warned her about sharp abdomen pains that would be expected due to uterus growth which in turns stretches her ligaments greatly for support. She shifts herself to a different sitting position, holding Siyeon's automatically outstretched arms and focusing on her breathing.

Yoohyeon offers her a sip of water. Sua sips it gratefully. 

"Ah, that's better." She lays against Siyeon shoulder, sitting between her legs. She looks up slightly at her, "Am I heavy for you?" Her tone was apologetic.

"Never." Siyeon shook her head with an assuring smile. "I can't imgaine the kind of discomfort and pain you experience on a daily basis eonnie."

JiU and Yoohyeon suddenly felt like intruders at that moment. 

Sua looked back at them. "Haha don't worry, I'm alright. Just some stomach pain.'' She assured them.

"Man I don't ever wanna be pregnant." JiU nervously said.

"Same...'' Yoohyeon mumbled.

Sua nods in approval. "I don't reccomend it either."

"Haha~" They laughed in unison.

Yoohyeon reveals that she was living in a shared studio with a student. JiU, too, was curious to hear more as she hadn't personally asked Yoohyeon about such details. 

"Wait she's a music student?" Sua sat upright suddenly, Siyeon immediately lifted one hand off the grass to support her lower back. "Is there a chance her name's Lee Yubin?''

Yoohyeon's jaw drops. "Do you know Yubin?"

Sua nods. "I work at the library she studies at."

JiU and Siyeon exchange a clueless glance.

"Wah~!" Yoohyeon smiles, "We really live in a small town." She concluded excitedly. 

After a whole roller coaster of emotions and happenings of their first meeting, they part ways upon seeing the darkening sky. They promise to meet up again in the future, with the re-trial of the pepero game.

''Eonnie! Don't bite my lip next time!"

"Do it Bora! Do it!"

~


Authour's Note:

Sorry for the late update.