What if

Because Sooyoung is love~^^

 

"Taeyeon ah~" I called out. I saw her stiffen when I continued to walk nearer to her and I felt disappointed. 

 

 

Taeyeon has been really weird lately. Well, at least she isn't avoiding me... Oh crap.

 

 

I groaned as I saw Taeyeon turning around and she started walking away.

 

 

I curse and picked up my pace. Stupid,  weird,  Taeyeon. 

 

 

"Kim Taeyeon! " I shouted as I got nearer to her.

 

 

I saw her turn her head. She was wearing a shock expression. She quickly turned her head back and she walked faster, no, she was starting to run, away from me.

 

 

Is she being serious? 

 

 

Taeyeon knows that she'll never win me. I am not the best school runner for nothing. 

 

 

I took a deep breath,  and a step back, and started sprinting.  I felt the wind blowing through my hair, the figure of Taeyeon becoming bigger and bigger.

 

 

In no time, I had caught up to Taeyeon. I engulfed her in a backhug,  and pull her closer to my chest. 

 

 

"Let. Me. Go." Taeyeon panted and tried pushing my arms away. I held on tightly.

 

 

"Why are you avoiding me?" I questioned.

 

 

"I'm not." Taeyeon answered emotionlessly. 

 

 

 

"Oh really?" I arched an eyebrow in disbelief.

 

 

Taeyeon kept quiet.

 

 

The two of us kept silent for a while.

 

 

"Can you tell me why are you acting so weird lately?" I prodded. 

 

 

She shook her head.

 

 

"Pul-lease? ~ Taetae." I tried again in my ageyo voice.

 

 

"I don't like it." Taeyeon mumbled. 

 

 

"You don't like...?" I asked.

 

 

"Jessica. " She replied bitterly. 

 

 

"Oh." My mouth formed an O shape. "Cos she is my close friend? "

 

 

Taeyeon nodded.

 

 

"TAETAEEE~" I used my ageyo voice again. "Yah! I may be close to Sica,  but no one will replace you, Ok! You are my bestest and closest friend! "

 

 

Taeyeon turned to face me quietly. "What if..."

 

 

"Wae? " I leaned my forehead against her smooth one.  

 

 

"What if... " Her voice dropped to a whisper. "I like you."

 

 

I'm sorry, but what?! Did Taeyeon just confessed to me?! Wha-

 

 

I let go of her in shock.

 

 

Taeyeon stared me at. Now expecting me to reply to her. Of course, now that her burden has been lifted. Now that the burden is on me.

 

 

Don't get me wrong,Taetae is a wonderful girl. She's kind and fun loving and has a great voice and...- Anyways, that's not the point. The point is yes, she is wonderful, but, I have never ever thought of her in that kind of way before.

 

 

Well ok, maybe that one time in my dream...

 

 

But... Hey! Taeyeon is my best friend... It's weird having romantic feelings for her.

 

 

Said girl is now looking at me hopefully. I sighed. She took it as my reply.

 

 

Taeyeon bit her bottom lip. A sign I knew. I sighed again, and combed my fingers through my hair.

 

 

"Look Taeyeon. It's not that I'm rejecting you upfront. I need some time ok? To sort out my thoughts."

 

 

Taeyeon had her famous poker face on. "Ok."

 

 

I sighed for the third time. "Let's go back. Classes are starting."

 

 

I held out my hand but she rejected it. She walked past me, briskly. Coldly.

 

 

It's her way of self protection... So that she won't be hurt. I know. I know.

 

 

"Talk to me when you have come to your decision." Taeyeon turned her head and said that to me. I nodded.

 

 

-------------------------------------------

 

 

I listed out the pros and cons of dating Taeyeon. And seriously, the pros are outnumbering the cons.

 

 

Not being y here but financially, Taeyeon is rich. And it's not her parent's money (And they are also rich). Taeyeon is incredibly smart and owns a company. Not that I actually need the money... but, that's a pro I guess.

 

 

Other pros include, Taeyeon already having feelings for me, Taeyeon and I will continue our relationship, I would not be on Taeyeon fanclub's hate list and others.

 

 

The cons are that I don't actually like taeyeon romantically, it would be awkward for me.

 

 

I sighed and started doodling at the edge of the paper.

 

 

I can't reject Taeyeon. She'll hate me. I need her. And I admit that I do get jealous when she gets close with other people.

 

 

Ugh.

 

 

Actually... What if I do have feelings for Taeyeon?

 

 

I mean... what if I actually liked her but had been hiding my feelings for her subconsciously? You know, cos I don't want to be rejected by her. Jessica did mention once or twice that the way I look at Taeyeon is different.

 

 

I tried fanatsising a life with Taeyeon, which truthfully isn't that hard. And it doesn't feel that bad. It does actually feel...  good...?

 

 

It doesn't hurt to try I guess. 

 

 

Ok.

 

 

I'll date Taeyeon.

 

 

I took my phone out and speed dial the one number I knew by heart.

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

"Kim Taeyeon, let's go out."