Truth

Trick
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Chapter 8 up. We are more than half-way. Currently writing Chapter 13. I think I could finish this with 14 chapters. :))

 

Flashback

 

"Do it."

 

"What?! Are you out of your mind baby? I told you I was done with everything. It's you that I want to flirt with publicly."

 

"Listen to me first. I would tell you why." Woohyun listened to his husband and he was very convincing.

 

"Look baby, the council always has a problem with you and your friends. If you pulled through it, you would be helping the president solve it. I won't ever see your friends’ stupid faces again in our office. If that was the only way to tame them, a little act wouldn't hurt." Zi addressing himself as the president sounded weird on Woohyun's ears.

 

"But baby, you do know what you were asking me, don't you? You were asking me to cheat on you with you. And I swear you have a split personality because you are different in school. You aren't my husband and bestfriend Zi there. You are Kim Sunggyu the SC president: cold, snob, indifferent. I don’t want to flirt with that side of yours because I wouldn’t get any  good reactions. And I knew my friends. They would still cause some ruckus."

 

"Baby, all we have to do is act. All out acting even no audience. We're going to trick your friends. Come on Woohyun, the president could handle your bold flirting."

 

"How can I act? You’re the one on drama club baby and not me. Plus, do you know that it's weird that you are addressing yourself on third person? And baby, how about our thing? I like how we are at school: the sneaking, the glances and everything we are. Baby, lets not do it please?"

 

He didn't really want to do it. And more than him complaining about their thing, it was more than that. The whole school's eyes would be on them. And his husband hated that.

 

“You don’t really have to act. You’re a natural flirt and sweet-talker baby. All you have to do is to flirt like you always did in the past. And it’s all about mind conditioning. You can curse me in your mind and I wouldn’t care at all. You can think all the thoughts you want about it and it would help you. You just have to condition your mind so you can do it and everything would be believable.”

 

“Baby, what if I accidentally show my true feelings? There was a possibility”

 

"Baby, your heart is separate from your mind. You can do it. I believe in you and I am never wrong about my gut feeling. And, I’m always there baby. I would help you.”

 

Woohyun sighed. His head was starting to hurt with what his husband was asking him to do.

 

When he didn’t answer, Zi continued in coaxing him and he didn’t see what was coming.

 

“And also, you know, you never got a chance to woo me. We just jumped into a relationship after you kissed me and you never even had a hard time getting me. Maybe, I deserve to see what my husband is willing to do to get me to date him." The guilt-trip started. He ruffled his hair in frustration.

 

"You are crazy baby. Why would you want me to go through that? We're married already."

 

"Do you want me to divorce you first before you accept the game?"

 

"Are you threatening me Kim Sunggyu? It won't work." His husband pouted.

 

"It is also weird when you call me by my name. It is making me cringe." Woohyun chuckled. "Come on baby, please? We just have to act for six months then you're going to dump me and we can go back to our thing. Please?"

 

How could Woohyun resist his husband when he was looking at him with those puppy eyes? Woohyun huffed an air as a sign of giving in. "Ok ok. You won. You know I’m soft and weak when you are looking at me like that. But your idea of us tricking my friends was still outrageous."

 

"Thank you, baby. I love you. You'll enjoy our drama. And start calling me by my name or call me in third person. And please don’t call me baby. I might slip and call you baby too." It would be strange for him. He never really called Zi by his birth name. It would always be Zi or baby. “And remember, you would be asking Kim Sunggyu to date you and not Kyuzizi, so better watch out. It wouldn’t be easy.”

 

There was a sly smile on his husband’s face. He knew it would be a bad idea. Kim Sunggyu was far different from Kyuzizi. Let’s just say that Kim Sunggyu was someone you wouldn’t want to mess up with. While Kyuzizi was Kim Sunggyu’s adorable and sweet side; a total opposite of his school personality.

 

"The things I do for you. What am I going to do with you Kim Sunggyu?" Woohyun squeezed Zi tighter.

 

“Love me and kiss me everyday.” Woohyun pressed his lips on his husband’s lips which made the other smile.

 

“Just promise to tell me if the attention from everyone was already getting to your nerves and we’re going to stop it. We’re not just tricking my friends here baby. This might be to tame them but people’s eyes would be on us. So please, tell me if it’s already too much to bear.”

 

“I promise.”

 

No matter how crazy his husband was, he couldn’t really deny him with anything. Not that he was spoiling him because if there was a bratty one, that would be him and not Zi. It was just that, his husband never really asked him for anything but to love him and never betray him.

 

So, how could he not give in to Zi if it was too rare for him to ask something from him?

 

 

End of Flashback

 

 

"I got you again baby. Did I woo you better now? I love you."

"More than better. I love you too baby. I'm proud of you."

 

 

Sunggyu pushed Woohyun back. Time to resume acting. Woohyun thought.

 

"Hug me again and you're dead!" Woohyun was shoved and Sunggyu walked past him.

 

"Kim Sunggyu!" Their spectators got silent when they heard his faint loud voice and stared at the two who were still in the middle of the field. "I told you, you would be mine. Better start calling me baby."

 

"You can dream. But I still don't like you. You may have won, but let's see how long you could survive me." Sunggyu turned his back on him to walk towards the bench. Damn you Zi. Why do you act so well?

 

 

The game continued while Woohyun was waiting for his husband to finish the game. It was a miracle that he made a homerun. He never expected it. It was a pleasurable experience. And though it would never supersede his love for soccer, he started to like baseball. The experience was elating and the adrenaline rush was really outstanding.

 

When his phone rang, he saw that it was Myungsoo. Talking about wrong timings, his friends mastered it. He wanted to ignore the call because he wanted to watch his husband play. But the constant ringing was irritating. He cursed himself for not leaving his phone in his locker.

 

Woohyun ventured out after answering to find the three troublemakers waiting for him by the stadium entrance. "Why?" he asked in an annoyed voice.

 

The three blathered about how on earth did he learn how to hit a ball and how miraculous it was that he got to date Sunggyu. Woohyun rolled his eyes at them. If only they knew that with or without their stupid bet, Kim Sunggyu had always been his and only his.

 

The more he contemplated about it, the more he wanted to laugh. It was funny how he and Sunggyu easily duped everyone at school. The hilarity lied in the fact that he was able to fool his own friends who were the greatest pranksters in the entire school. Woohyun wouldn't want to think what their reactions would be on their graduation day when they found out that they had been played. And the whole plot wasn't what they wished-for. That everything was a product of his and his husband's acting.

 

"I told you I could get anyone. It's time for you three to take this game seriously. I am now dating Sunggyu, so keep your end of the bargain. No more trouble. No more pranks and no more skirt-chasing."

 

No one saw Zico near them who accidentally heard everything.

 

"Hyun?" The three got dumbfounded when they heard Zico. "You're only playing with Sunggyu? How low can you be? I thought you had changed back to your true self. It seemed like everyone was wrong. You are still a bastard. Leave Sunggyu alone!" Zico turned back to where he came from with disappointment in his eyes.

 

Woohyun tried to catch Zico. "Zico wait." He held his wrist and pulled him away from his friends. "I'm not playing with Sunggyu. You misinterpreted what you heard." Woohyun knew he had to lie to Zico who was the closest friend he had after Sunggyu. "I really like Sunggyu and I asked my stupid friends to stop all the troubles because I was having a hard time wooing him. They said they would cease if I got to date the president. Since I got to date him now, I just reminded them."

 

Partly, that was the truth. He would gladly tell Zico everything but he had to talk to Sunggyu first since the reverse trick they were doing was all his husband's plot. However, if he would tell Zico, they wouldn’t be able to tell the whole truth.

 

Zico scrutinized him to see if he was telling the truth. "Ok Hyun. But please, don't play with Sunggyu's feelings. Both of you are my close friends and I would side with him even if we've been friends for a long time."

 

"I know how precious he is Zi. Don't worry about it." His friend just nodded and walked away.

 

Zico, though they were of the same age, treated him like his younger brother. They met when they were kids but Zico never met Sunggyu since he was studying at a different school. He remembered how funny it was when he called him Zico the first time they met and his friend threw a tantrum asking him not to call him Zico even if it was his nickname. He told him to call him Zi since he hated to be called Zico and that his parent were the only ones who called him that. Eventually, Zico got over his hatred over his nickname.

 

When Sunggyu left Korea, it was Zico who had always been by his side until middle school where he met Myungsoo, Hoya and Sungyeol. They never really drifted apart. Zico was the first one who warned him that the three were a terrible influence on him. As Sunggyu, he often expressed his distaste towards the three mischiefs even though he never told him not to mingle with them.

 

Zico very well knew that he had a childhood best friend who was also called ‘Zi’ and left Korea for China before they start middle school. He also knew that the ‘Zi’ his friends were pertaining to when they cornered him at the cafeteria wasn’t him. The way Zico answered that time was purely because of his annoyance in dealing with them. And since even Zico didn’t know that his best friend Zi was back and just an arm length away from him, he didn’t bother to correct his dumb friends.

 

Furthermore, his three friends never knew Zico at all because Zico went to a different middle school. Zico knew the trio because he often told him story about them. Soon, after they finished grade 7, Zico moved to Shanghai. He and Sunggyu both came back before the start of high school. Therefore, in a sea of students who were basically familiar and acquainted with everyone around, the two of them were considered, or perhaps a better term would be 'coined', as new students.

 

 

Woohyun didn't notice that his three friends were already beside him.

 

"So, did you clear things up with your best friend?" Hoya asked but he didn't respond. The three were insistent that Zico was Zi, and if he answered, they would assume more that they were right. They won’t believe that he wasn’t anyway. He would just be wasting his saliva explaining how dumb they were.

 

The answer he was planning flew out of his head when he saw Sunggyu walking towards the exit. Seemed like the game was already over. He walked with him and left his friends.

 

"Hey baby, why are you walking so fast?"

 

Sunggyu didn't stop walking but he answered him. "Nam Woohyun, not because I would go out with you, you could call me whatever you want. I have a name."

 

And when they were out of his friends' earshot, "Baby, I need to go home now and sleep early it’s already almost 9:00pm. The SC officers need to be here a bit too early tomorrow. Get back to your friends. See you at home. I love you."

 

"Ok. I love you too. Don't wait for me." Woohyun ran back to his friends who were probing as to why he left Sunggyu alone.

 

"He's heading home and he has a car. What do you want me to do? Tow his car with mine so I could send him home?"

 

They started walking to the locker room to get their things. He would still send the three to their houses before he could go home.

 

Woohyun hoped Sunggyu would still be awake when he arrived home. He still needed to talk to his husband about the problem he had earlier. However, since he was too tired, he would just let it slide.

 

 

The next day, Sunggyu woke up earlier than usual because of SC duties. How he couldn't wait for tomorrow to come. He badly needed a break from everything related to their school. The school administrators and the teachers were his energy too much.

 

After showering, he proceeded to the kitchen to prepare his breakfast. However, he noticed the dining table was already set with food and Woohyun was bringing the plates and utensils.

 

"Baby, why are you up so early? The awarding would start at 10:00am." He took a hotdog from the dish plate and took a bite.

 

"I'm coming with you baby. And we'll talk along the way about what happened to you yesterday."

 

Sunggyu looked at his husband incredulously. They already talked about not going to school together. Why do they need to change that?

 

"I know what you're thinking." Woohyun sat down beside him and put his own food on his plate. "Baby, the whole school knows that we're dating. We could come to school together sometimes."

 

"Ok. It's the last day of school anyway. I don't mind."

 

Once they finished eating, they returned to their rooms to get dressed up. After a while, they were on their way to school.

 

 

"So, baby, tell me what happened yesterday?"

 

Sunggyu vented to Woohyun how sick and tired he was dealing with all the delinquents at school. How he hated the discipline committee for burdening the student council with things that should not be their responsibility. That their school at handling things on their own and how he couldn't wait to leave their school.

 

"I'm sorry baby. I know I've been a part of your stress. And I'm sorry for my friends.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter