Go Out with Me

Trick
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Chapter 2 for those who are waiting. Sorry for the delay. I'm really busy these days.

 

It had been three days since Woohyun got Zi's consent to partake in his friends' devious plan targeting the student council president, Kim Sunggyu. Yet, he hadn't told his sly friends about his decision. Though he had a go signal, he was still weighing if he could pull it off.

 

When he recalled his one of his husband's explanations, a part of him thought that he had a logical reason as to why he was acceding with the game his conniving friends planned.

 

Look baby, the council always has a problem with you and your friends. If you pulled through it, you would be helping the president solve it.

 

Woohyun bumped his head on his desk. His husband was crazy. Well, Zi's craziness was one of his charms. He was clever and most of his foolhardy decisions always resulted into a favorable situation. Should he just accept the bet? But could he really get through it without a scratch?

 

Zi always believed in him and never doubted him. If his husband said that he could do it, maybe he really could. He even married him after those string of promises his mouth puked when asking for his hand on marriage.

 

 

Flashback

 

Woohyun was waiting for their school bell to ring. Aside from him, all of his classmates were looking forward to the sound that meant liberty for a month. It was the first day of February, the last day of the academic year. He was excited to spend his vacation with his boyfriend. They would be flying to the US a week after his birthday and would be spending 2 weeks in Nevada before the start of their senior year in March.

 

As opposed to other countries in which academic years would start in July or August, in Korea, it starts in March. It would end either on the last day of January after winter break or during the first week of February. Thus, their school break between the school years was too short. But for him, as long as he spent most of it with Zi, it was enough.

 

As soon as the sound of the bell reverberated in Woohyun's ears, he left the classroom in a dash and almost ran to his locker. Emptying the locker on the last day of school was an imperative task for them since they would be given another cubbyhole upon enrollment.

 

His locker was almost empty. Besides books he often left at home, most that were inside were trashes and scraps of paper or gifts from his fans. As he opened his locker, he saw neatly folded white paper on top of his varsity jacket. His lips curled into a smile as he put it inside his backpack. He would read it when no one else was around. Call him skeptic but his friends would appear out of nowhere and he didn't want them to see. That note was for his eyes only.

 

His eyes wandered around the rows of metal vaults in front of him and he smiled when he saw that Zi's locker was already empty. That meant he had already received his note and might be on his way home already.

 

Woohyun's excited gait towards the school entrance was halted when his friends jumped on him.

 

"Where are you going Woohyun? You wouldn't go home early, would you?" He removed Hoya's arm around his shoulder.

 

"As a matter of fact, I will. My parents and I would be heading somewhere later. Sorry brats but I'll see you again in March."

 

"Why March?"

 

Woohyun explained to his friends his family's travel plans and all of them grumbled because their vacation would be boring according to them. He said his goodbyes and strode to their family car waiting for him.

 

When he entered the car, he fumbled through his backpack and looked for Zi's letter and started reading it.

 

 

Baby,

 

I thought about what you said. Let's do it. But you have to be the one asking for their blessing. I'll be there with you. See you at dinner later.

 

I love you.

 

 

 

Woohyun was in euphoria when he read his boyfriend's note. The excitement he was feeling prompted him to shout for joy. It did not matter to him that their family driver looked at him strangely, but who cared? In that moment, he was experiencing pure bliss.

 

When his feelings calmed down, he checked his watch then asked his driver to bring him somewhere. The chauffeur nodded and turned the car around to the destination he instructed.

 

 

*****

 

The dinner with Zi's family turned out well. Now they were sitting on the patio in front of an artificial fireplace to keep warm. Their parents were having a light conversation about their upcoming trip.

 

Woohyun was sitting beside his boyfriend and holding his hand. The truth was, Zi was soothing him because his hands were trembling and he couldn't conjure words to speak with their parents. When he felt the squeeze on his hand, he looked at him and saw him smiling. Zi's eyes were telling him that it would be fine. The trust that he saw on those brown orbs made him mustered up the courage to speak.

 

"Mom, Dad, Uncle, Auntie." Their attention was on him. He stood up and walked in front of them.

 

Woohyun heard gasps when he suddenly got down on his knees and bowed his head. "I want to marry Zi after my birthday. Please give me your blessing."

 

A moment of deafening silence shrouded them. Woohyun's knees were already unsteady and sweats were trickling from his head and on his back while waiting for the answers from the elders. He tried looking at their faces behind his fringes to see how stupefied or rather outraged they were. Based on what he could see, they were still gaping at him and still rendered mute. Not until he felt someone smacked him at the back of his head.

 

Woohyun raised his head to see his mother standing beside him with an incredulous expression.

 

"Woohyun, what kind of stupidity were you talking about? Both of you are still young. Why would you like to marry Zi this early?"

 

After looking at everyone, he glanced at his boyfriend. "Mom, I love Zi. I know I want to spend the rest of my life with him. And we've known each other all of our lives, why do we have to wait any longer? I waited for him for almost 5 years already." Woohyun received another whack from his mother. "Stop hitting me. I'm not crazy. I want this. I'm sure of this."

 

"Zi, what can you say about the idiocy my son was talking about. Are you agreeing with him?"

 

Woohyun's mother started to question his boyfriend. He looked at him with anticipation. When he saw him smile, he knew he had his back.

 

"Eomma, Appa, Auntie, Uncle, I don't mind marrying Woohyun this early. I already answered him yes. I know we are still in our teenage years and even our school is against teenage marriage but like Woohyun, I don't want to wait longer than we have already." He saw Zi, turned to his parents. "Appa, Eomma, please give us your blessing. You know me well enough to suppose that I've thought this over hundreds of times."

 

Woohyun hears Zi's father's voice. "Zi, do you really want this?" Zi nodded at his father. "Ok. I am giving my blessing to both of you but I have a condition. Keep everything a secret even to your friends."

 

"Woohyun, we are giving you our baby. Don't hurt him." It was Zi's mother. Woohyun smiled widely at them and bowed down. If he could only kiss their feet they would.

 

"I promise to take care of Zi. I already left all my immature and wayward ways when we got together and I would never revert back to them. Mom, dad, I promise to attend all my classes and do all my homework. I would not be late at school. And I promise to run and manage our company. You can start training me tonight if you want just allow me to marry Zi."

 

He heard his mother sigh, and both of his parents were looking at each other and talking through their eyes.

 

"Woohyun, stand-up." He heard his father's order but he shook his head. He was planning to kneel and beg until they say yes. "Stand-up son. Me and your mother are giving you what you want. Stop kneeling or Zi won't marry a boy with dark knees."

 

"Dad, I'm serious here. Stop picking on me." He pouted.

 

"Zi, are you sure you want to marry this baby? Such a whiner." Everyone laughed, including his boyfriend and it made him sulk more. What he was doing was embarrassing. He never begged anyone for anything.

 

"Woohyun-ah, keep your promise. And the moment we see Zi cry because of you, you're a dead meat. I would give you divorce papers right away." His mother was now threatening him. Of course, his parents adored Zi so much that they treated him as their son more than him.

 

They ended up planning their wedding in America. He and Zi were seated on the chaise lounge as they browsed the Internet for the documents they needed to prepare in a short period of time. In addition, the parents were talking about how insanely crazy the two of them were. Nevertheless, they knew that they were happy for them.

 

They got married on their last week of stay in Nevada, a week before the school year started.

 

 

End of flashback

 

 

Woohyun raised his head that was resting on the table. He saw his friends outside his classroom and told him to go out. When he checked his watch, there were few minutes left before his next class. With a long and heavy sigh that his seatmates heard, he strode outside the room.

 

"What now? My world history professor would be here at any moment."

 

"Your answer Woohyun. We need it. You've been dodging it for three days now." Myungsoo stated.

 

Woohyun was becoming infuriated with the pressing issue his friends kept bothering him with. "Ok fine. I'll do it. But I would add other conditions that would benefit me. Your terms . All for your amusement."

 

"What is it? We'll do it." Hoya talked too fast.

 

He smirked "Three months to get a date from Sunggyu regardless of him liking me or not. You don’t know how difficult to tame Kim Sunggyu is. Then another three months to continue dating him before dumping him. And while I'm doing this moronic plan of yours, you three aren't allowed to do any games and pranks anymore and in addition to that, you are going to stop having flings with all the students here. At least lessen Sunggyu's headache because of you."

 

Woohyun heard them growl and was about to protest but he didn't give them a chance. "It's either you do it or I'm not moving along with this. You choose."

 

Who could defy the unofficially hailed king of school? The trio nodded and Woohyun left them looking dejected outside his classroom.

 

*****

 

When the lunchbreak bell rang, everyone was sprinting to the dining hall to secure their table. Woohyun was the last one to leave the classroom. When he turned to his right at the end of the intersecting hallway, he saw his husband walking leisurely alone while reading some papers which were probably notes for his next class.

 

Woohyun looked around to see if there were still students around. When he saw that no one was on the floor anymore, he pulled Zi inside the empty classroom. He frightened him for sure but he needed to tell him something fast.

 

"Baby, I told them already so the plan will begin real soon. Are you really sure about this?"

 

Zi nodded at him and coiled his lips into a smile. He his face and said, "I'm sure. Now go before anyone catches us here. I love you." He placed a chaste kiss on his lips before Zi pushed him outside the classroom.

 

There was really something thrilling about secret school romances. Times like that rarely happened but whenever there was a chance to meet secretly, they would do it. Luck was always at their side because they were never caught. It always brought delight to them when they could steal some kisses out of everyone's sight. There was one time when he was still at soccer practice, and while on break, he saw Zi's message telling him that he was by the locker area. He ran straightaway towards the place and stole few smooches from him and left him in daze before he could react.

 

It was exciting. While it was very electrifying to know that one moment one might catch both of them, it was equally fulfilling when they evaded it and continued on to finish their surreptitious meeting with flying colors. The thrashing in their chests made them aware of their surroundings, but at the same time, they could have a few sweet moments together. They were happy sneaking arou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter