Earn It

Trick
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Couldn't sleep so instead of tomorrow, I updated this today. :))

 

Monday, Sports Meet's opening day. Everyone at Cheongdam Art High School was excited for the event. It was early morning and it was already crowded. Colors of sky blue, red and green were the dominant shades that you could see. Cheongdam Art High School students wore red, whereas Cheongdam Middle School and Cheongdam College were green and sky blue respectively. It was noisy. The buzzing around the campus made the ambiance alive. Everyone was excited especially those who loved sports.

 

There were refreshment booths at every corner where students could buy food and drinks. Some school merchandise was also displayed for those who wanted some remembrance. A bunny mascot was roaming around where people were lining up for group pictures with the mascot. Pop music was heard all over the campus, adding colors to the festivity.

 

 

Woohyun was walking with Hoya, a duffel bag on their shoulders. They headed for the varsity locker room, which served as their designated waiting area, shared with other varsity players of Cheongdam Art High School. Home court advantage. In contrast, other teams from their sister schools occupied vacant rooms.

 

Myungsoo and Sungyeol joined them after they dropped their things in the room. The opening would start in 2 hours and they still had time to look around the stands scattered around the campus.

 

"Have you seen some college freshmen? They’re hot. I got the number of a y girl at the entrance." Woohyun rolled his eyes at Myungsoo. As long as he didn't hit on anyone from their school, he didn't care.

 

They continued checking-out all the food stalls they could see along the way. The campus was jam-packed and there was not even a single space to sit. All the benches were occupied and even the cafeteria was crowded.

 

For three years of studying at Cheongdam Art High School, it was Woohyun's first time to encounter such a massive crowd loitering inside their campus. A swimming pool was available at the college's location, so past sporting events were held there. He assumed swimming wouldn't be included in this year's event.

 

He had always been looking forward to their sports event. Though he had to play and compete, it was still time for leisure. Aside from that, Woohyun enjoyed the event because he would always meet new people to make out with. But it would be different right now. He had no time anymore for that. He could still recall how he and his friends would collect phone numbers from all the boys and girls that caught their interest. After the event, on summer vacation, they would try hooking up with them.

 

Thinking back about his life in middle school, he was really a rebellious child. He learned how to drink thanks to his three friends. Hoya would steal his brother's soju stash and they would be in the back alley of some neighborhood, tasting the bitter drink that could make them lose their inhibitions. Then he learned about flirting because of Myungsoo. At the time, they were in grade 8.

 

Myungsoo met a group of high school girls from a different school and introduced the girls to them. They hung-out and everything escalated quickly from there. He found himself making-out with one of the girls inside the movie house. Of course, along with the first flirting experience and making-out, the first kiss was also explored that day. It started all his adventures as a skirt-chaser and boy-hunter.

 

The first time he entered a club illegally was when he was 16 years old. And the reason for that was Sungyeol. He knew someone from the club who let them in with the right amount of money. His first ual experience was with a college girl he met there.

 

They had a one-night stand inside her car. Since he was already a bit well-built that time with muscles in the right places (thanks to soccer training), he never looked like a first-year high school student. Thus, he had with a college student who until now never knew that he was only 16 at that time. That was followed by his first ual encounter with a male student at their school. At the same sporting event they were holding, he topped a grade 12 graduating student. It happened in a college bathroom when everyone was busy watching the swimming finals.

 

He still had many escapades in between those which he couldn’t even count. As Woohyun reflected on those times, he was becoming increasingly grateful to his husband, who tolerated him when they still weren't married and their relationship was purely platonic. If he didn't fall in love with Zi, he would continue to be the same Woohyun who was a player, a bastard and a jerk.

 

As he and his friends walked he saw his husband amongst the crowd, walking with papers in hand. He would want to approach him and sneak a fleeting hug, but he was talking to one of their homeroom teachers. Maybe he could, later when they were already inside the gymnasium for the assembly.

 

 

After an hour and a half of waiting, everyone gathered inside the gym and waited for the school president to deliver the opening remarks. As always, Woohyun pulled his friends to where his husband was standing. Due to overcrowding, it was the right time to do their stealthy moves.

 

Woohyun waited for the right timing. He and Zi were already used to doing that without anyone realizing. There was a secret on how to get the right timing. Using the crowd would be one option.

 

With them knowing the rowdy delinquents would do something deliberately unexpected like push everyone to the front, they always took that opportunity. Since everyone would be focused on not tripping over one another at those times, he had the liberty to wrap his arms around his husband for a few seconds. Second timing wouldn't be applicable at the moment because it would involve presentations on stage which they didn't have now.

 

Everything Woohyun predicted, happened perfectly. Fifteen minutes before the event started, the said disruptive group started pushing everyone and he got to slither his arms around Zi. Since it was much more crowded than before, Zi had stayed in his arms for almost a minute. It was the longest they could sneak a hug as they didn't want to get any unwanted attentions.

 

After the opening speech, the head of the event provided a run-down of every rule and regulation throughout the two-week event. Enduring the boring talk caused everyone to sit on the floor. The only part of the opening ceremony that students were anticipating was the introduction of teams where they could ogle the players from the opposing schools. And when the head called the Student Council President for the teams' introductions, that was Woohyun's and Hoya's cue to join their team at the side of the gym.

 

Woohyun had a plan. It was somewhat scheming but he had to do it. He planned to use the event for something. As he was listening to Sunggyu who continued calling all the teams on stage, he rehearsed in his mind all the words that he had to say.

 

The moment for the soccer teams' introduction arrived. Since it was always the main event of their sports meet, it was the last one to be announced. To Woohyun's luck, their team were the last ones to be called.

 

"For our last team participating on the soccer match, let’s call on Cheongdam Art High School soccer team. Headed by coach Yoon Doojoon and team captain Nam Woohyun." Everyone from the high school department applauded and screamed when the team appeared on stage. Most of them were swooning over Woohyun, Gikwang, Minho and coach Doojoon. Even the students from the middle school started shouting when they saw Woohyun.

 

Once the team had already left the stage and Woohyun saw that Sunggyu had already finished his last message and had put down the microphone at the podium, he ran back to the platform, which elicited another loud roar from his fans.

 

Woohyun walked straight to the podium and the microphone. Sunggyu turned to face him with a perplexed expression. Woohyun smirked at him before he started speaking.

 

"Hello everyone. Good Morning. I am Nam Woohyun, captain of the Cheongdam Art High School soccer team, grade 12, handsome and single." The crowd turned wild when they heard the word 'single'. "I am here on stage and in front of everyone because I want to say or ask something to someone."

 

Loud murmurs started to dominate the hall until everyone became quiet, anticipating what he was planning to do. Even the teachers were intrigued by his unpredictable move.

 

Woohyun looked at his friends who were amused and had a knowing look on their faces. His eyes scanned the crowd and landed on the student council, which was near where his friends were. He stared at Sunggyu, who already understood his intentions. He was standing there coolly and never displayed any signs of discomposure.

 

"Student Council president Kim Sunggyu, go out with me." Again, the crowd got crazy. It was unimaginable that the biggest jerk in school would ask someone out  publicly like that because he rarely did that.

 

With what Woohyun did, many were already supposing that Woohyun was serious on dating the student council president. Despite those who whined disappointingly when the handsome and single soccer team captain asked someone out in front of everyone, more were waiting for the student council's president’s response.

 

Woohyun saw Sunggyu grinned and walked confidently towards the space at the front of the stage. Minhyuk, the grade 12 representative sneakily handed him a mic. Someone shouted at the back and asked everyone to sit down because they couldn't see what was happening at the front.

 

Everyone was sitting tight. The students on the high school campus couldn't count how many times Sunggyu rejected Woohyun and they were hoping for a different answer now.

 

"Nam Woohyun, you are too cocky there with your invitation. You really don't know when to stop, do you? How many times did I reject you? Can you tell everyone here?" Woohyun started counting on his head and smiled.

 

"Eleven times. Twelve if you would reject me again now." His answer elicited an 'Oh' from everyone present including the members of the faculty and administration.

 

"Eleven times and you are still standing tall. I'm giving you credit for that. No one survived my rejections even your friend who was exactly like you, just much more handsome and taller than you are."

 

Myungsoo suddenly stood-up and shouted "I'm Myungsoo, the one Sunggyu was talking about. The one who was more handsome and taller than Woohyun. Grade 12 and very much single and ready to mingle." It elicited laughter from everyone and those who didn't know Myungsoo went ga-ga when they heard that he wasn't in any relationship.

 

After a few minutes, everyone went back to being silent to watch the one on stage and the one standing in the front.

 

"Do you really want to date me that bad?"

 

"Yes." Woohyun answered confidently while looking directly at Sunggyu's eyes.

 

Sunggyu started sneering again and stared at Woohyun sharply. "Earn it Nam Woohyun. If you did, we'll go out."

 

"What do I have to do to earn it?" The students of Cheongdam Art High School braced themselves for the condition that Sunggyu would give. Although the student council president was always fair in everything, he was still wicked in his own way.

 

"I'll pitch, you hit and make a homerun."

 

"Isn't it unfair? I am a soccer player not a baseball player. Do I have any other options?" Woohyun tried to persuade Sunggyu to add another choice. In the case of baseball being his only option, he would have a 0 percent chance of getting a home run.

 

"Isn't asking me to date you publicly manipulative? That's unfair for me as well. But since I'm giving you a chance to earn something which I still don't think you deserve, if you want an option that includes soccer, I'll give you one." Sunggyu got their soccer team's attention. Sunggyu betting using soccer would definitely be a bad idea.

 

"Tell me. What is it?"

 

Woohyun could understand Sunggyu's smirk. "I'll pitch, you hit a homerun or... sit out on the soccer game." He sighed bitterly. It was impossible for him to miss the soccer match. His team would kill him before he could date Sunggyu.

 

The moment that sitting out of soccer match came out from Sunggyu's mouth, the team yelled at Woohyun and glared at him.

 

He tried to sound confident while saying, "I would not sit out the soccer match. See you on the baseball field baby." Woohyun winked at Sunggyu and grinned.

 

Students groaned. They knew that Woohyun was doomed to fail. They never even saw him hold a bat and hit a ball.

 

"See you Nam Woohyun-ssi."

 

Woohyun got off the stage smiling. He would worry about hitting the ball later, at the moment, he had to prepare for their soccer game.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter