Copycat

Trick
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Sorry for the late update. I said I would update on Saturday but I didn't. I ran some errands and got home very late. 😭 

 

If only time could be reverted three hours back, Woohyun wouldn't let his emotions get through him. Because now, he was at the rooftop with Sunggyu and Zico who happened to catch him and his husband talking at the rooftop because of what happened.

 

Three hours ago

 

There were the usual sounds in the cafeteria: clinking utensils, trays being stuck and distributed, the sound of soda dispensers and students chatting. It was a wonderful day. It started without anything interesting at all. Well, that was what he and his husband thought so.

 

As they ate their usual lunch, they exchanged texts and glanced at each other. Sunggyu was with his friends. He was with his. Both of them were sitting coolly at their own table with their eyes locked on their secret conversation, when suddenly a student marched towards the student council's table. It was a déja vü.

 

"This is way too familiar. I already saw this scene." Woohyun heard Hoya mumbling. They were looking at Jang Wooyoung standing across Sunggyu and looking straight at him with piercing eyes.

 

Woohyun already had a hunch of what was coming and he scoffed silently with the thought of it. He looked at the disinterested face of his husband looking at the said student with a raised eyebrow. It was definitely the same scene he did more than 6 months ago.

 

"Kim Sunggyu." Wooyoung called the SC president who was already staring at him. Instead of students getting surprised, they were more like face-palming themselves. Who wouldn't? When it was an exact replica of what he did?

 

"No." An outright rejection. Woohyun smirked secretly. Of course, his husband would reject him. There was nothing new. After their game, Sunggyu was back on rejecting everyone.

 

However, Wooyoung was persistent just like him and wouldn't take no for an answer.

 

"I don't care. I've been following your relationship with Woohyun the whole time. You like persistence and consistency. So, I would give you a dozen homeruns as long as you would go out with me after."

 

Woohyun laughed out loud. For him, it was really hilarious. And he was jealous. It didn't matter if the student was rejected, he was still a jealous bastard and he was territorial. And it was something that could get the worst out of him.

 

Students got silent when they heard his laugh, waiting for him to open his mouth and say something. He looked at Sunggyu who stealthily shook his head at him. But no, no one messes with what is his. And he owned Sunggyu.

 

"You're funny. Don't you have any originality, Jang Wooyoung? Even our name sounds almost the same. How likely is it that you could get Sunggyu with a dozen homeruns? If so, then you don't know him and you didn't observe us well."

 

Wooyoung looked at him scornfully and gave him a sarcastic grin. "Why do you really know him? He hated you so much even though you were in a relationship. And you cheated on him. While I would be treating him better than you."

 

He chuckled. The chuckle and comical expression on his face was immediately replaced by a deathly stare. No one should dare to say he treated Sunggyu poorly because he never did. It was a personal attack for him because he always hated it when his mother repeatedly said that he didn't deserve his husband and treating him badly would lead them to divorce. And it hurt. Sunggyu knew how he despised those words.

 

Knowing his husband, he would abruptly diffuse the situation when he saw his face.

 

"Wooyoung-ssi, you better go back to your table. I'm not going out with you. And you, Nam Woohyun, shut the up." 

 

Sunggyu's voice was soothing, no matter how cold and harsh it was. He gave a last glare at Wooyoung before continuing with his food. However, the student wasn't done.

 

"Sunggyu-ssi, what do I have to do for you to go out with me? I'll treat you better than Woohyun did because I knew he treated you badly." The student repeated; not knowing he was making a death wish.

 

Woohyun dropped his spoon and fork hard on the tray, echoing throughout the canteen. And his husband gave him a warning look.

 

Jealousy coupled with words that he didn't treat Sunggyu right were a deadly combination. He would combust with anger soon. 

 

Despite the warning glare of Sunggyu, Woohyun did not heed. He stood up with an intention of walking towards Wooyoung. Hoya held his wrist to prevent him from moving forward. 

 

On the other hand, the students were very sure that a fight would ensue soon. It was rare to see Woohyun giving off a dark and ominous aura. The first time they saw a fuming and notorious looking Woohyun was when corporal punishment was rolled-out. However, the Woohyun they were seeing now was different. It wasn't notorious. It was menacing and he looked like he would kill.

 

He removed Hoya's grip from his wrist and stepped towards the student. Upon reaching him, he began staring down at him and sizing him up. Then Wooyoung gave him another smirk.

 

"How did you know that I treated Sunggyu poorly aside from cheating on him the day before I broke-up with him? You know nothing. So, shut-up and don't get near Sunggyu again." The voice was full of venom that made some students shudder.

 

"Why? Are you jealous? Who are you to prevent me from getting near him? You're just a pathetic ex-boyfriend who he despised and wanted to get rid of. So, you back off. He was never yours even when you were dating."

 

Woohyun was steaming mad. He moved forward and grabbed the other by his collar. "You know why you shouldn't go near him? Because you don't want to be rejected again and again. Save yourself from misery so, back-off from him loser."

 

"Why are you being possessive of him? He's not yours. You dumped him, remember? Additionally, you didn't deserve to be in a relationship with him before. He's too good for you. Let him decide on his own. And I'm not backing-off." That was the last straw. Woohyun started losing his rational mind.

 

He curled his hand into a fist and started swinging to Wooyoung's face. However, Zico snatched it away before it could land on the student's face.

 

"Hyun, let him go. Don't do it. Do you want to be punished? If Sunggyu is still important to you, please cool your head down." Woohyun looked at his husband who was also surprised like the others.

 

Zico continued. "And you, stop provoking Woohyun because you have no idea what relationship they had before. Stop saying that he treated Sunggyu bad because he didn't. He cheated on him and that was it. and it was one time. Their relationship before that cheating happened, you know nothing about it. So, please before the two of you get punished, back away. If you really wanted to date Sunggyu, ask him properly and don't copy what Woohyun did because Sunggyu wouldn't appreciate that."

 

Woohyun let Zico pull him away and he stormed out of the cafeteria. He needed to calm down. He knew he had made a scene and he had to think of a way to get away from the questions of his friends and the gossips of students.

 

Upon reaching the locker room, he received a message from his husband, asking him to meet him on the rooftop after class. Sunggyu was displeased. He knew that.

 

 

In the afternoon, all of his classes were silent. Although they could sense his rage, all of his classmates acted normally. News spread fast about what happened in the cafeteria. And he was sure that everyone was stunned that he would start a fight because he never did that.

 

 

When he reached the rooftop after the class ended, Sunggyu was already there and looking at him disappointingly. However, he also welcomed him with open arms. He let himself be embraced by his husband. He knew he was trying to comfort him.

 

"I'm sorry baby. I didn't mean for it to happen. It's just that I hated what he said to me."

 

"I know. Don't let it get to you baby. And stop getting jealous. You know I would reject everyone. I don't need them. I only want you."

 

Deep inside, Woohyun was insecure. In essence, he was afraid of losing Sunggyu, and those words about not being worthy of his husband triggered the sore spot in him. Because, he knew. And people should stop repeating it on his face.

 

Woohyun's tears fell; the tears that he had been holding on to since he bolted out of the cafeteria angrily. Those words always brought him to tears ever since he heard them from his mother.

 

His husband hugged him tighter and gently patted his back. "Stop sobbing baby. I know how it hurts you hearing those words, but you know that I love you right? I chose you and married you because you deserve every little thing I am giving you. Don't let those words eat you.”

 

 

Sunggyu moved his hands to cup his face and wipe his tears. He gave him a kiss on his forehead, then on his nose and lastly a quick peck on his lips. "I don't want to see those tears anymore baby, ok?" He nodded and pulled him into another hug.

 

 

After a while, they stopped hugging for fear anyone might accidentally see them. To talk, they sat side by side on the floor.

 

Usually, they would talk everything out at home. His husband, however, was making sure that he was already calm enough to drive home. Sunggyu wouldn’t let him sit behind the wheels if he was still upset.

 

"You were really furious earlier, weren't you?"

 

"Yes. Who was he to say that you're not mine and I treated you badly? You’re emotionally, physically, mentally, officially and legally mine. I treated you like a delicate glass and never did I hurt you intentionally. And, the audacity of him confessing to you by copying what I did." He ranted.

 

Sunggyu chuckled at him lightly. "Do you know how adorable you are ranting while sulking and annoyed at the same time? So, cute." His husband pinched his cheeks and pulled them wide. He struggled to remove Sunggyu's hands from his cheeks.

 

Oblivious to them, someone was watching them by the door and observing them.

 

When the hands were removed, Woohyun massaged his abused cheeks while whining about how it hurt. "Zi, why are you so sadistic? You always do that. And I'm not cute. I'm handsome.

 

Woohyun latched on his waist and leaned on Sunggyu’s shoulder.

 

"Are you two together again?" Woohyun and Sunggyu looked up and saw Zico at the door.

 

Zico’s voice startled them and abruptly, both of them got up. They were busted.

 

Current time

 

"So, tell me Gyu," Zico faced Sunggyu. "You accepted Woohyun again after he cheated on you?" The secretary asked more annoyed than confused.

 

"No Zi. Let us explain. But before we tell you, can I ask you something?” Zico nodded. “Did you hear anything when you came in?” The SC secretary answered him ‘no’. 

 

They were fortunate enough that Zico didn’t catch  Woohyun's rant.

 

“Ok. Please promise us that you won't say anything to anyone about this?" Zico agreed again at Sunggyu's request.

 

Woohyun was the one who started telling Zico half the truth.

 

"Zi, Sunggyu is my best friend who left for China before. And I was kind of hiding him from everyone especially my friends."

 

Then, it was Sunggyu who told him about what had really happened in the last six months and of course, it came as a shock to Zico. His eyes widen like a size of a plate.

 

"Wait…” Zico raised his hand to stop them from talking. “So, you two are telling me that you were just tricking Myungsoo, Hoya and Sungyeol but it turned out that everyone of us, including the teachers and admin officers were tricked too?" The couple nodded their heads. "I couldn’t believe it. That was why there was always something odd between the two of you. Everytime you two were bickering or making a scene, it seemed like there was something going on between you two that we didn't understand."

 

"Sorry Zi. We really couldn't tell anyone and we kind of needed that drama to stop Woohyun's stupid friends from causing trouble especially now." Sunggyu stated.

 

"It's fine Gyu. You two were both excellent actors I must say. You conned us all. I'm impressed." Woohyun and Sunggyu smiled.

 

For the time being, that was all they could divulge to Zico. They still have to keep their marriage a secret.

 

"And it was so nice to meet the best friend this idiot was always talking about before. He couldn't keep his mouth shut about you and about how he missed you when you left."

 

"He’s such a whiny baby.” Woohyun stomped on his foot and he glared at him in return. “Anyway, I got to head home." Sunggyu looked at Woohyun with his eyes telling him to go home soon. "Zi, take care of that idiot. Don't let him meet Wooyoung, please. Woohyun is way too overprotective than my par

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter