Lapse of Judgment

Trick
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: As promised, Sunday update, Still adjusting here in US. :)) 

 

Start of classes after summer vacation. The temperature was gradually decreasing, welcoming the autumn breeze. Students of Cheongdam Art High School rushed towards the school entrance, heading to their respective classrooms. While the seasons may have changed, the students at Cheongdam Art HS haven't.

 

While everyone was expecting that Sunggyu would come to school together with the school king, Woohyun came in with Myungsoo, Hoya and Sungyeol much to their displeasure. However, many were surprised to see the three troublemakers wearing the proper uniform and being punctual unlike how they had always been.

 

Sunggyu came in after, walking behind the four friends. Everybody was looking at them with confusion because, in their minds, the two should be all over each other. But they were not. They were acting more like strangers.

 

Since the four were ambling unhurried, Sunggyu became maddened and tried to overtake them. But when Woohyun saw him, he left his friends and walked beside the president.

 

Woohyun tried holding Sunggyu's hand only to be stomped on the foot, making him squirm in pain.

 

"Baby, it's too early to be violent." complained Woohyun.

 

"Back off Nam Woohyun, it's too early to infuriate me." He could hear the boisterous laugh of the three students behind them.

 

Some things never change. The married couple was still bullting everyone at school.

 

"Why would I? We're still dating. And even if you don't like me, I still like you Kim Sunggyu-ssi." Woohyun could see that his husband wanted to gag after hearing his full name roll off his tongue. "And this day wouldn't end without you being my official boyfriend."

 

"Confident, aren't we?" Sunggyu paused his steps and gave him a lopsided smirk before leaning to his face. "You want to be my boyfriend before the day ends?" He nodded. "We'll see if you would be."

 

Two could play a game of not so subtle flirting. "Oh, you will. No one can resist me baby." Their lips were one fingerbreadth apart.

 

Sunggyu retracted his head and scanned him from head-to-toe. "Good luck." Then he continued sauntering to the hall way of their building.

 

Myungsoo put his arms around his shoulders. "The is too high in the morning my friend. How could you control yourself Hyun? That smirk was so y."

 

Woohyun slapped Myungsoo's head. He was quite territorial especially towards Zi. He would never share him with any of his friends. While everything might appear staged to them, his jealousy would always be real.

 

Sneering at Myungsoo, his mouth became unstoppable, emphasizing every word. "You. Are. Not. Allowed. To. Look. At. His. Face. . And you're not allowed to call him y. That smirk is mine."

 

"Possessive much Hyun?" Sungyeol asked while chuckling. "Are you by any chance falling for the untouchable SC president?"

 

Testing how well his friends could see through him, he asked, "Falling what? In love? Hahaha. Do I look like in love?"

 

"Nah!" The three answered at the same time which made him chortle inwardly. His husband was right. His friends were stupid. And no one really knew because no one was opening their eyes.

 

But it was better that way. His eyes won't give away his feelings.

 

*****

 

It was already lunchtime and before Sunggyu could go to his friends, Woohyun appeared outside his classroom. And as expected with all the students, they alternately look at the two who appeared to be anything but dating.

 

"Lunchtime baby. Let's go." Woohyun was leaning at the door jamb with arms folded on his chest and one foot crossing over the other, looking as handsome since forever, making his fanatics swoon.

 

All Sunggyu could do was roll his eyes and make his way towards the door. Everyone caught them pushing and pulling Sunggyu's books because Woohyun wanted to carry it and the other didn't want to.

 

It was a charming scene for everyone to enjoy. The president getting riled up because of Woohyun. It wasn't every day that the composed and snobbish student council president would get irritated by the school's jerk quirks. Most of the time, Woohyun was just being ignored by Sunggyu.

 

 

At the cafeteria, all eyes were on them when they both stepped in together. Sunggyu just walked unaffected by the stares to their table while Woohyun shrugged and moved to his.

 

The hall was filled with low mumbling sounds as people confusedly wondered why they weren't seated together.

 

Why are those two confusing?

Are they not dating now?

Was Woohyun being dumped?

They don't look like dating.

 

"I wasn't being dumped by my baby. We are dating. And it's none of your business to be confused. Stop whispering. and stop staring." Woohyun's loud voice made everyone stop talking and moving.

 

The other person involved huffed a little too loudly, which drew their attention. "Of course, you aren't being dumped but you will be soon if you don't stop your stupid mouth from calling me baby."

 

''Oh.'' No one knew why all the students' reactions were the same like it was a rehearsed scenario.

 

"Kim Sunggyu-ssi, get used to it because we're not leaving this school today until you and I are officially in a relationship."

 

Sunggyu looked at Woohyun smirking, "Nam Woohyun-ssi, GOODLUCK!"

 

"I don't need luck because I get what I want. And what I want is you."

 

The determination that everyone saw from Woohyun was somewhat new. Some were wondering what he saw in the student council president that made him so tenacious in pursuing him. The Woohyun they knew always opted for an easy target. What changed? No one could guess except one person who was keenly observing them.

 

*****

 

Woohyun accompanied Myungsoo to the SC office after class. Myungsoo and Jaejin were being disciplined for fighting before the summer vacation. Though Myungsoo never planned on escaping, Woohyun brought him nonetheless. And of course, to see his husband.

 

When Sunggyu completed his work, Myungsoo and Jaejin were escorted back to their building. To punish them, they were forced to clean and fix all of the classrooms from the second floor to the fourth floor with only their hands and no cleaning materials. Woohyun tagged along with the officers to watch. However, Sunggyu had another plan for him.

 

On the second floor where Jaejin was cleaning was where Sunggyu, Zico, and Woohyun were staying. Since Zico and Jaejin were around, Woohyun never stripped off his character of being annoying and flirty to Sunggyu. Sometimes he was really getting into Sunggyu's nerves because his husband was an idiot for having a dirty mouth.

 

"Baby, want to leave Zi and Jaejin here? We could go somewhere on the fourth floor. No one's there yet." Woohyun said suggestively. He leaned on his ears and whispered a little too loudly, "Let's have some alone time of fun."

 

It made Sunggyu want to kick Woohyun for having no shame in spewing ual innuendos that were making everyone feel scandalized. "You want to get dumped?"

 

"Nah, you won't dump me. I told you, we're not stepping out here unless you are officially my boyfriend. I’m not satisfied with us dating only. I want the official label. So, if I were you, I would make it  now."

 

"Official? You really wanted that?" Sunggyu started grinning and that grin wasn't good.

 

As for Sunggyu challenging Woohyun, they never discussed any of it. The baseball event that happened, which by the way was not scripted, was a spur of the moment decision. And Woohyun complained nonstop to Sunggyu as to why he had to challenge him in baseball.

 

Anyway, Sunggyu's wicked mind already made its decision. "Nam Woohyun, we would leave here not only dating but also officially in a relationship if you took the punishment with Jaejin and Myungsoo. But there's a catch. You will clean the whole 4th floor including the corridor and all the men's toilets from 2nd floor to 4th floor and you have to finish it the latest would be 7:00pm."

 

Sunggyu could see how shocked Woohyun was while giving him an ‘are you kidding me face’. He mentally laughed when he saw him covertly glaring at him in irritation. He knew he was pushing Woohyun’s buttons the wrong way and a little bit more push, he would already be mad. But it was really entertaining.

 

However, Woohyun was being Woohyun because he thoughtlessly accepted his husband's crazy deal.

 

"It's already 5:15pm. Tick-tock, tick-tock." When Woohyun said that Sunggyu was enjoying the drama, it was absolutely true.

 

 

 

When Woohyun reached the fourth floor with Zico, he started fixing the tables and chairs while cursing Sunggyu in his mind because he was never forewarned of what he needed to do. He wasn't ready to be punished without violation.

 

It wasn't that he couldn't do it. He could. The problem was the time constraint. He was given roughly two hours to clean 5 rooms, a big hallway and 3 men's toilets. He was fast, but he wasn't lightning fast. All he could do was groan and listen to Zico laughing at his misery.

 

"Zi, stop laughing. Your friend was really something." He whined while finishing sweeping the floor and started walking to the next one.

 

"At least you can get Sunggyu officially after you're done with everything. You should be glad. No one reached your stage. You’re lucky to get him." Woohyun scoffed. I don't need to do this to get him officially because he was legally mine.

 

 

Woohyun worked as fast as he could and he finished the whole floor in a little less than one hour. That was the fastest that he could do while chatting with Zico.

 

When inside the 4th floor men's room, Zico said something that surprised him.

 

"Hyun, Sunggyu really got you, didn't he?"

 

He glanced at him while splashing water with soap on the floor. "What do you mean?"

 

"The sparkle I was seeing in your eyes, the last time I saw it was many years ago when you were talking about your best friend who left. You're in love, aren't you?" Finally, someone noticed it. At least someone was paying attention.

 

Woohyun chuckled. "How could you say it's because of Sunggyu?" It was a pretty dumb question from him that made Zico huff.

 

"Those eyes only shine when you see Sunggyu. I always thought you were playing with him but when I looked at you staring at him, it became obvious to me. The whole school was stupid to not see."

 

That was the first time someone took their time to read him. Most of the people at school before thought he would never change and would continue to be a bastard until he graduated. Even their teachers thought that way. But when love caught you, it would always be a different story.

 

 

Thirty minutes passed and they moved on down the stairs to clean the next toilet. Woohyun stopped chatting and tried focusing on what he was doing since he only had approximately less than 30 minutes to clean the remaining two restrooms.

 

Zico just let him be. Telling him that if he wanted to go home with Sunggyu as his boyfriend, he needed to clean fast. He was timing him. As annoyed as he was with his husband, he was thankful that he was provided with cleaning equipment unlike the student, who was punished to scrub the gym without a mop but only a rag, and unlike Myungsoo and Jaejin, who swept the floor with their hands or any improvised things.

 

He fulfilled his part of the deal with only a few minutes left before 7:00pm. Woohyun was exhausted. Cleaning wasn't really one of his favorite things to do. Having grown up in a wealthy household, he was used to house helpers who were responsible for all the cleaning and maintenance. He only learned how to hold a broom and clean because of punishments before. That was on top of his last mentally draining punishment of reciting the mission-vision of their school one hundred times in front of the council officers and his homeroom teacher. That happened a year ago, before he realized that he loved Sunggyu.

 

Anyway, his husband was raised different. His husband's family was also rich, richer than his. But when they moved to China, his domesticated grandmother taught him how to run a household. Thus, Sunggyu knew how to do menial tasks.

 

 

Woohyun was leaning at Zico while walking to the SC office because of exhaustion. Myungsoo already left without even telling him or waiting for him. He guessed, Myungsoo's hands were burning as hell because of cleaning.

 

As they reached the office, Sunggyu was waiting impatiently. As he tapped his pen on the table with an annoyed face, it was evident he was already grouchy.

 

"Hi baby. You are mine. I've done my part now, come here and give me some kisses." Woohyun approached Sunggyu with puckered lips only for his face to be slapped by a book. And it hurt. It definitely hurt.

 

Woohyun secretly gave his husband a warning look. He was getting really angry because he was too tired and Sunggyu was way overboard in enjoying everything that he had already been physically hurt multiple times. He had let it pass before, but now he was mad and he didn’t think he could let it go. It pissed him off.

 

And he knew his husband recognized that expression because he could see that he just closed his lips into a tight line instead of speaking. A guilt-stricken look appeared on his face, silently apologizing. But he was still a little hurt and mad to accept that apology.

 

Because Woohyun still had some pride left in him, he bid the two officers goodbye and walked on his way without looking back. Zico stared at his retreating back confusedly.

 

*****

 

Sunggyu arrived home anxious. He didn't see Woohyun's car in the garage which meant that he wasn't home yet because he was too mad at him for being too into their game.

 

He really didn't mean to hurt his husband. It was just that sometimes he forgot that they were just acting. He g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter