Punishment

Trick
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: 2:00am on where I am. Sorry. Been out the whole day. Got home at midnight. Here is the chapter 4.

 

One and a half months had lapsed since Woohyun commenced getting Sunggyu's attention. Still, all he did was in vain. For the past weeks, all the students could talk about was the between him and Sunggyu. Well that and his three problematic friends.

 

When he told him that he would back out of their plan, he wasn't kidding. He lay-low a bit with the game. His friends had the audacity to complain about his lack of interest in moving forward with the plan.

 

His friends were disciplined by Sunggyu again two weeks ago. He and his friends cried out a litany of complaints after Sunggyu forced them to do gardening without tools. If he hadn't left them, his ears would have fallen off.

 

He thought it would teach them some lessons, however after three days, Sungyeol did what he was most adept at: pranks. He filled the locker room corridor with hundred cups of water, making everyone frustrated because no one could pass the corridor without getting their socks wet. The student council officers especially Sunggyu were nearly at their wits end and ready to kill Sungyeol if only killing wasn't a sin.

 

That incident made him pause the plan. That led to another long discussion between him and his friends, which was presently going on. And they had been at it for the entire lunch break. They were currently bickering on the rooftop.

 

"Nam Woohyun, why are you being so difficult? Just continue with it and don't mind us." Myungsoo whined.

 

"I'm the one being difficult? Why couldn't you ask that yourself? To begin with, I agreed to this even though I would not benefit from your terms. All I asked of you three was to help me a bit and not to be a nuisance to Sunggyu but you three weren't listening."

 

Irritation was evident in his voice and now he understood why the student council would want to strangle them for the trouble they were causing. "Now, the three of you, don't look for me and ask me to continue with your plan unless you are willing to follow my condition." Woohyun left them on the rooftop and returned to his classroom. His friends were making his head ache.

 

On his way to his Economics class, he met Zi in the hallway which made him smile. As usual, they exchanged stealthy glances and linked their pinky fingers for a second. He continued on his way, but he heard him call.

 

"Baby, call your friend, Sungyeol. He was being summoned by the discipline committee."

 

According to his husband, the council officers were furious at Sungyeol to the point that they didn't want to deal with him at the moment. He walked back silently to the stairwell leading to the rooftop to call his friend. Before he could turn around the corner, he heard Zi calling him again.

 

"Baby." He whispered a few decibels louder than usual, but not loud enough for everyone to hear.

 

Woohyun looked at his husband who was looking at him as well.

 

"Thank you." Then he saw him turn around to continue on his journey.

 

"Baby," Woohyun saw him stop on his tracks. "Is Sungyeol in big trouble?"

 

"I don't know." With the way Zi answered him, it seemed like the discipline committee would be the one castigating Sungyeol this time.

 

Woohyun sighed and began walking again to call Sungyeol.

 

*****

 

Woohyun, Hoya and Myungsoo accompanied Sungyeol to the office of the discipline committee. They should all be in their class but Sungyeol was their friend and he needed someone with him.

 

When they got into the office, they met the SC officers outside the door.

 

"You all have classes now. Why are the three of you here? Are all your names Sungyeol?" Sunggyu was glaring at them or more at him.

 

Hoya started chuckling and was about to answer a sarcastic remark but he nudged him to stop. Myungsoo on the other hand started hitting on the president, making him want to kick his and punch him.

 

"Sunggyu, if you don't want to date Woohyun, you can date me." He could see Sunggyu smirking again.

 

"Kim, if I don't want to date Nam, what made you think I would want to date you? You two are exactly the same."

 

"Then will you date me?" Don't trust Hoya's mouth. Woohyun smacked his friend's head, which caused him to rub the abused area. "What the hell Woohyun? Are you jealous? He's all yours." A second head smack to wake up Hoya's stupid brain.

 

"Sunggyu babe, sorry for these idiots. We will leave now." Sunggyu glared at him while stepping forward to attack him. Hence, making them leave fast.

 

Woohyun dragged Hoya and Myungsoo out of the Administration Building and sent them to their classrooms. Naturally, he was late for his Economics class and knew he would be scolded by his husband later.

 

 

A knock on the door interrupted their dynamic discussion about how capitalism affected the economic markets and how socialism was considered as the government's remedy to capitalism. The SC president and secretary were holding a piece of paper at the door.

 

"Teacher Jung, the discipline committee wanted Nam Woohyun-ssi in the office." Woohyun who was in the middle of taking notes, raised his head upon hearing his name. He didn't catch the reason why the officers were at their room.

 

Zico handed the excuse letter to the professor before looking at him. "Woohyun, go with Sunggyu and Zico to the admin building. You can bring your things since you're being excused."

 

There was buzzing inside the room. Students were curious why Woohyun was summoned by the DC when he had never been in trouble since the school started. Some were also puzzled why Zico was with Sunggyu when it was the SC president who usually excuses students in class.

 

Woohyun walked with Zico beside him and Sunggyu in front. "Zi, why am I being called? Is this about Sungyeol or am I in trouble?"

 

Zico just shrugged at him. While, Sunggyu answered his question vaguely. "You would know when you got there." The flat tone of Sunggyu's voice echoed in the hallway.

 

Since it would be roughly a 5-minute walk to the admin building, Woohyun tried to chatter like he used to.

 

"Zi, is Sungyeol still at the DC office?" He heard a hum in response.

 

Woohyun sighed. Sungyeol was really in trouble for sure if he was still there. But knowing his friend for years, he would remain unfazed by whatever punishment he would receive.

 

He continued talking with Zico until they reached the DC office. Sunggyu knocked on the door before opening it, while Zico left them for his class.

 

"Mr. Jo, Woohyun-ssi is here."

 

Sunggyu flung open the door wide for him to enter and he followed him. He saw Sungyeol sitting in the guest chair not even showing any signs of distress. Instead, he chatted happily with the DC chairman.

 

"Welcome back here again, Mr. Nam. It's been a long time." He bowed to Mr. Jo as a sign of respect.

 

"I see. Sunggyu was right. You seemed to already have changed. You now learn how to show some respect." Woohyun looked at Sunggyu beside him. "Don't worry you're not in trouble. I called you here because of Sungyeol."

 

Mr. Jo discussed with him the punishment of his friend. Instead of the SC officers guarding him, he would be the one to watch his friend doing his punishment. And it wasn't a simple punishment. Sungyeol had to run laps and on the field, teach him soccer, and play against him during the test. Apparently, Sungyeol avoided PE classes and hadn't earned any grades since school started.

 

Their school was too forgiving for Sungyeol to be given a chance to not fail a subject. However, there was a slight problem. The issue was the Sungyeol himself. Lee Sungyeol wasn't interested in sports. The only reason why Sungyeol passed Physical Education the last 2 years was because of Hoya. Hoya kept an eye on Sungyeol since they were classmates. Lee Howon might be a troublemaker but that brat loves PE.

 

"With all due respect sir, can I ask why me?" Hoya could have been the one to teach Sungyeol as that friend was more enthusiastic about everything than him.

 

Woohyun thought he already had too much on his plate as soccer team captain. In addition, adding Sungyeol to his list of trainings he had to do was getting him so frustrated that he wanted to smash his head against the wall. Because he knew how Sungyeol would be giving him a hard time.

 

"Because Sunggyu suggested you instead of Howon. Howon had already been given the second strike by the Student Council because of being late for two consecutive days, therefore in any event Hoya got wrapped up again with Sungyeol's mischief, he might be in line with another punishment."

 

He eyed Sunggyu beside him who by the way never changed his expression since they came in.

 

"Sunggyu would be watching though. He would be evaluating Sungyeol. So, he would be with you on the field by the bleachers until he takes his exams. The DC would be giving you a month to train him."

 

After that, he was asked to leave the room and wait outside. Sungyeol came out after him and sat on the chair across from him.

 

"Hyun, you're not seriously intending to make me pass out on the field, right? You know I don't do sports." Sungyeol had the audacity to give him puppy eyes.

 

He glared at his friend as he said, "Shut up Yeol. I feel like I was being punished along with you. Better get ready because I'll break your bones if you give me a hard time." Five minutes later, Sunggyu came out.

 

"Sungyeol, you can go to your next class." Sunggyu gave him the excuse slip. "Woohyun, let's go to coach Yoon. We need to arrange your schedule."

 

The three of them walked out of the administration building silently. He was walking beside Sunggyu while Sungyeol was on his phone in front of them.

 

"Gyu." Sunggyu looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

 

"When did you learn to call me Gyu, Nam?" Sunggyu spat at him.

 

"Everyone was calling you that. You don't want babe, you don't want Gyu, maybe I should call you baby?" That made him wince in pain because Sunggyu stomped on his foot so hard. "Yah! Why are you so sadistic baby?"

 

"Call me baby once more and you won't be able to make a baby soon."

 

"If I won't be able soon, maybe you want to make a baby now?"

 

"Stop flirting you two and get a room. Your classmates weren't kidding. The between you two is intense."

 

"Shut the up Lee Sungyeol. Go to your class."

 

He and Sunggyu made their way to the faculty room. They were walking in silence. No. Sunggyu was walking in silence while he continued flirting with him. No one was around since everyone was in their respective rooms having classes.

 

Woohyun smiled silently. It was the longest he was with Sunggyu apart from Japanese class. All they had were a few fleeting moments of high school drama that captivated the whole school.

 

"Why are you smiling like a psycho?"

 

"You know why." Sunggyu rolled his eyes at him. "We could talk like a normal person, you know. No one is around."

 

All he heard was reticence until they reached the faculty department. They discussed the adjustment of his training schedule with his coach. Sungyeol's training should be interspersed with their official practice.

 

"Are you planning to participate in Sunggyu-ssi as well?" Coach Doojoon asked.

 

"No Sir. I would just observe them and evaluate Sungyeol."

 

"Ok. You can have the field every Wednesday and Friday. Woohyun, inform the team of the changes and post the practice schedule in the varsity locker room."

 

After thanking the coach, Sunggyu handed him an excuse slip for class. They walked separate ways after.

 

*****

 

Sunggyu groaned. The number of topics he missed because of Lee Sungyeol was enough to make him study until the wee hours of the morning. He spent almost

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter