Zi (子)

Trick
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I had a little time today. I edited this in a rush. :))

 

Another week had passed. Woohyun had been spending most of his time with Sungyeol. His friend wasn't clowning when he said that he would take everything sincerely. Seeing Sungyeol's determination to complete his punishment, he could see how serious he was. It was wise not to be fooled, however. In this case, Sungyeol was acting like that because of their wager and not because he was talking about soccer.

 

Woohyun only had a couple of weeks remaining and he knew his friends were expecting him to fail. He was trying. Although not enough, he still was giving his time to do the game his friends were very interested at. Then he remembered what happened recently.

 

 

A subtle exchange of teases and flirting ensued again between him and Sunggyu earlier in the cafeteria. As usual, the flirting was coming from him and had no effect on Sunggyu.

 

 

 

Flashback

 

All the students inside the lunchroom got tongue-tied when Woohyun suddenly sat down at the student council's table, in front of the SC president.

 

"What are you doing here Nam? I'm sick of your face. Get lost."

 

"Aw. Don't be like that baby. You're hurting me with your relentless rejections"

 

His favorite smirk appeared on the other's face. How he would love to kiss those luscious simpering lips that were driving him into madness.

 

"I would refuse you anytime I want." Then his expression changed into a grim one. "Stop calling me baby. Remember what I told you if you call me that?"

 

"Of course, how could I have forgotten. But before this" He pointed at his groin. "be rendered unusable, maybe you want to try it with me... together."

 

His provocative insinuation was met with "Oh!" from the students.

 

Woohyun heard the loud screeching of the chair. He saw Sunggyu get up and walk towards him unabashedly. His chair was pulled backwards and found the president in front of him.

 

Everyone was holding their breath while watching the encounter. The president of the student council was known to most students for his fearlessness. Except for Woohyun's friends, those that had been punished by him all returned as transformed good students.

 

Student violators weren't castigated right away. They were all given warnings. In the event that a student committed the same violations three times, he would be in line for the chastisement that Sunggyu would be the one to administer; with the exception of cutting classes, which need not to be committed three times. Cutting class meant being crushed instantaneously by the president. Sunggyu's punishments vary from hard to extremely harsh. Whatever he felt like appropriate.

 

The scariest part was yet to come. It was known to the students that cleaning the indoor court by hand was on the list; and no one wanted to do that. Thus, most of the students of Cheongdam Art High School were trying not to get into trouble.

 

Homeroom teachers reported to student council officers those students who needed extra attention. Teachers who were assigned to detention gave them lists of compliant and non-compliant students. Security guards brought them those who were caught cutting classes. Student council had all the sources. Thus, no one could be spared of punishment. The power that the school gave to the council was big. They acted as the representative of the discipline committee. That was why they were called untouchables.

 

Meanwhile, Woohyun used to be the biggest school jerk. No matter how many times he was disciplined together with his friends, he remained rebellious and kept on repeating the same things over and over again. Everyone knew how he drove the SC officers’ crazy. That was why Sunggyu hated and resented him. That was what they all know.

 

 

As everyone waited for Sunggyu's next move, Woohyun on the other hand, never showed that he was a bit uncomfortable. Sunggyu's glower was intimidating and yet he still thought how alluring he was standing there in front of him: arms crossed on his chest, eyes gawking and with his sinful mouth sneering at him. Really damn seductive.

 

Sunggyu moved. Precipitously, Sunggyu outstretched his right leg on to Woohyun's chair and settled in between his parted legs. The tip of Sunggyu's foot was almost an inch away from Woohyun's crotch area. Those who couldn't see properly thought Sunggyu was fondling Woohyun with his foot.

 

Sunggyu lifted Woohyun's chin with his forefinger and leaned a few inches closer, while his elbow rested on the leg for support.

 

"You know flirting won't get you anywhere Nam Woohyun. You were the only one suffering from a hard-on. The next time you call me anything, I would make sure my foot wouldn't be on the chair." Woohyun saw Sunggyu tilting his head towards his ears. "It would be stepping on your , ."

 

He saw Sunggyu remove his foot from his chair and walk back to where he had been sitting. But Woohyun wasn't done.

 

"You know, you should stop gazing at me and smirking at me that way. You look so ing hot and seductive and your smirk was making me want to kiss you." In return, he heard Sunggyu chortling. Then his chuckles started to turn into a scoff.

 

"Too bad. Your lips touching mine would only happen in your wet dreams. So, if you want to taste these lips... be a sleeping beauty and dream on, jerk!"

 

"Don't worry baby, you are all over my dreams, not just my wet dreams, but also my daydreams."

 

The students around them didn't know if they would feel excited or scandalized by Woohyun's bold ual innuendos. Even so, the in the air made most of them wish the two would hook up soon.

 

Since the tension was too high, Zico stood up and called everyone's attention. "All right everyone, the show is over. Continue eating."

 

End of Flashback

 

 

 

Woohyun woke up from his reverie when his three friends joined him at the bench under the shady tree.

 

"So, how was the progress Woohyun? Did your flirting get you anywhere with Sunggyu?" Asked Hoya.

 

"I still have three weeks brats. Don't underestimate me. I would win this and all three of you wouldn't be able to do pranks anymore or flirt with anyone. This school would be peaceful finally."

 

Myungsoo snickered at him. "You've been rejected manifold times already. Give up Woohyun. You could get everyone except Sunggyu."

 

"Watch me soon." He challenged them.

 

Due to Sungyeol's scheming persona, an amended term was added. "If you are confident that you can win Sunggyu, we’ll revise the deal. If you fail, the modified deal would be, is to disclose to the whole school at the gymnasium at the awarding ceremony of the sports meet the actual reason why you changed and not to provide a crap reason like you promised your parents or whatever bulls. We never believed that. Remember, middle-schoolers and college students are going to be present. You have a big audience."

 

"Ok. Deal!" Woohyun must be crazy to agree but he knew what he was doing.

 

 

It was Sungyeol's examination. The PE teacher was present as well as Coach Doojon, the student council officers and Sungyeol's homeroom teacher. Woohyun had to play against Sungyeol and his team, and Sungyeol had to score at least two goals; an assisted goal would be accepted.

 

It was a harsh punishment. And it was more difficult for Woohyun because this was Sungyeol's test they were talking about. In an attempt to divide his team fairly, he gave Hoya and Gikwang to Sungyeol's team. He would want to give them Minho. However, their coach said that it would be too much of an advantage for Sungyeol's team if he gave away Minho as well.

 

While in the varsity locker room, Woohyun gave his final words to Sungyeol. He knew that Sungyeol needed to pass the test in order to earn a mark.

 

"Yeol. I might help you as much as I can on your exam but coach Yoon would know if I am giving away this exam to you. I would be the one who would be punished by my team. So, all I could say was good luck. I hope you win."

 

"I know Hyun. Don't worry about me. I'll try my best. We had a deal. Don't be easy on me." Sungyeol said.

 

He nodded. He wasn't really planning on going easy with Sungyeol. Because even if he went easy with him, Minho, Leo and Baro would counterbalance it and would absolutely kill Sungyeol's chance of passing. He only wished that Sungyeol would score at least one point. That would be enough for him.

 

"I gave you Hoya and Gikwang. You could ask them what you have to do and they would help you. Gikwang is an angel. He would teach you more than Hoya would."

 

They heard a knock, followed by the door opening. Zico was the one who came in. And Woohyun gave him an inquisitive look.

 

"Sungyeol, your PE teacher was looking for you. Let's go."

 

"Zi." Zico glanced at him, oblivious to Sungyeol's frown. "Could you please call Sunggyu for me?"

 

"You're insane, Hyun. Do you want Sunggyu to smother me? Aren't you tired of being turned down?"

 

"Come on, Zi. Please? I swear I'm not about to harass him." He raised his right hand in assurance of good behavior.

 

A sigh escaped Zico's lips as he nodded at Woohyun. There was nothing he was planning. The only thing he wanted was to talk to Sunggyu without being watched by others.

 

Sunggyu arrived at the varsity room after a few minutes. "What is it Woohyun?"

 

"I would just like to ask what would happen to Sungyeol if he failed this exam. What would be the role of the DC and SC after this?” This was so far the most normal talk they had.

 

He heard him exhale. "As far as I know Sungyeol was already done with his punishment. His number of strikes had already been refreshed. This examination is up to his teacher and coach Yoon. Was that all why you asked me here?"

 

"Yup. And to go with you to the field together. Let's go.”  Woohyun grinned.

 

Sunggyu rolled his eyes on him. "Stop grinning like an idiot."

 

The two headed to the soccer field with Zico's eyes following them.

 

 

When the match started, everyone present was watching Sungyeol struggle to score a goal. Just like what Woohyun said, Gikwang helped Sungyeol the most. He tried to score for Sungyeol with an assisted goal. Hoya, being a competitive player, just played around and not even strategizing on how he could help his friend score.

 

The first half of the match ended and the score was tied at three goals per team. Woohyun was at the corner and was being scolded by Doojoon.

 

"Nam Woohyun, stop playing below your level. I know this is Sungyeol's test, but you already helped him a lot. The next time I saw you being easy on him, you're not allowed to leave this field until you do 100 penalty kicks."

 

It was unkind. Him administering Sungyeol's punishment was a cruel move by the Discipline Committee and Student Council. How could they give  the decision about Sungyeol's test on his hands? He was the one who taught him and yet he was playing against him for his grades. But what the heck! He would do what he had to and what he wanted to do.

 

In the end, Woohyun stayed and was currently doing his 100 penalty kicks. His team won and yet he was there being punished because he tried giving away the game to Sungyeol's team.

 

No one was watching him only his coach who was acting as a goalkeeper. The whole field was already deserted. Everyone had already returned home. Meanwhile, he was still channeling his rage at the soccer balls.

 

After completing his punishment, coach Yoon asked him to go home but he didn't. He continued running on the field and draining himself. He was too mad to go home. Soccer balls were flying everywhere. He was playing like a mad man.

 

When he got tired, he stretched out on the field and wept silently. It was cold but he didn't care. He felt awful. Though Sungyeol was a difficult person to deal with, he was his friend. He was with him whenever he needed someone. Sungyeol, Hoya and Myungsoo might be a bad influence in the eyes of some people but they were still his closest friends.

 

After his emotions had simmered down, he opted for a quick shower and headed home. It was very late already. And he wanted to punch himself for forgetting that his husband was waiting for him.

 

When Woohyun unlocked the front door, he found his husband snoozing on the couch. He probably fell asleep while waiting and he felt even worse.

 

 

Woohyun dropped his things on the floor and kneeled in front of the couch. He Zi's cheek, causing the other to stir in his sleep.

 

"Why are you sleeping here?"

 

"I was waiting for you. Have you eaten? Come on, I'll join you for dinner."

 

The two of them ate in silence. Woohyun couldn't find any words to say to his husband. He felt apologetic that he had made him wait and yet he couldn't even apologize.

 

"Do we have a problem Woohyun? Or are you mad at me?” Woohyun shook his head.

 

"If this is about Sungyeol, you know you can't do anything about it." His husband said softly.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter