eight

shut up

Hapon na nang makarating sila sa Enchanted Kingdom. 

"Well, we'll see you kids sa parking lot ha?" Sabi ni Irene at hinila si Seulgi. Nagkatinginan sila Winter at Karina. Gustong umalis ni Karina at magsolo kaysa makasama si Winter. She would rather enjoy herself before she does something she would regret. 

But she can't. Because Winter is afraid of the crowd. She easily gets lost, and no matter how much they hate each other, they have each other's backs.

"Aren't you leaving?" Winter asked. Umupo sya sa may malapit na bench at tumingin kay Karina na palaging nakasunod sakanya.

"Nah. Do you want to ride those?" Kaarina asked. She pointed at the rides around them.

"No offense, pero you are afraid of heights. So, no, let's just stroll and maybe we could ride the ferris wheel later." Sabi ni Winter at naunang tumayo. Nauna rin syang maglakad, leaving Karina behind. Hindi naman sila mukhang magkasama. Karina stared at the back of Winter's head, and on the shorter girl's nape. 

She wondered, what would it feel like on her hands? How would Winter's lips taste?

"Hi! Ang pretty mo," sabi ng isang babae na lumapit kay Winter. Karina raised a brow. Who is that flirt? Binilisan nya ang paglalakad at inakbayan si Winter. She smiled fakely at the girl.

"Is there a problem, strawberry?" She asked. She should not care if someone is hitting on Winter. Hindi naman sya ang kalandian. She does not have any romantic feelings for the younger girl. But here she is, pretending to be her rival's girlfriend, and for what? Para lang walang lumandi sakanya habang nagdedate sila sa EK? 

Strawberry. Why did she even call the girl strawberry?

"W-wala naman, vanilla." Now, she knew. She knew where she got strawberry and where Winter got vanilla.

"Oh! Silly me! Of course, you have jowa. Sorry, girl. Ang pretty nya kasi, you are too." Nagpaalam sakanila ang babae at umalis kasama ang mga kaibigan nya. Karina removed her arm around Winter. She cleared before distancing herself.

"V-va-vanilla, huh." Nauutal na sabi nya. Umiwas sya ng tingin. Her shoes looked more interesting.

"St-straw-strawberry, really?" Their urge to kiss each other is so much. 

"Actually, I am not sure. Should I kiss you again?" They stared into each other's eyes. Karina's face is inching closer to Winter. 

And before they knew it, they are kissing in the middle of the crowded amusement park. They felt like they are in their world.

Karina tasted like vanilla and mint, while Winter tasted like strawberry. 

Karina pulled the younger's nape closer. They cannot get enough of each other, but they would need air. They awkwardly separated from each other.

"Uh, let's grab something to eat," Winter said. Karina held her hand and they walked toward the food stalls. 

"We should eat snacks!" 

"Gusto ko nga magrice! Ang kulit naman!" 

After kissing each other in front of strangers, here they are, fighting over what food to eat. Padabog na pumunta si Karina sa stall na may tindang burgers at fries.

"I will eat these! Kung gusto mo mag-rice, then eat your ing rice!" She said and rolled her eyes. Napairap din si Winter at bumili ng rice and fried chicken. 

"LQ po kayo ng jowa nyo?" Tanong ng tindera kay Karina. Narinig nya siguro ang pag-aaway nila  bago sila pumila.

"She is not my jowa po," nakakunot noong sabi ni Karina. Why would people even think of such a ridiculous thing? 

"Ay sorry po. Mukha lang kasi kayong magjowa." Karina smiled politely. Hinintay nya na lang ang order nya at sinilip si Winter na may kausap na naman, but this time, a guy. Karina rolled her eyes and sat on a vacant table. To her surprise, nakitable si Winter sa kausap nyang lalaki. She scoffed. She does not care. They can just meet up before going home. Or she can hitch a ride with that guy. Na honestly hindi naman kagwapuhan. Siguro kung magiging lalaki si Karina, she would be better looking. 

Karina is glaring at Winter the whole time. She looked at her watch at nakita na malapit na ang sunset. She stood up and slammed her hands on the table.

"Let's go, strawberry." Madiin nyang sabi at hinila si Winter patayo. She gently pulled her to the line for the Ferris wheel. 

"I am talking with him, Karina." Sabi ni Winter. She removed Karina's hand on her arm. 

"We should ride this thing before leaving. You said so," sabi ni Karina. They hopped inside the Ferris wheel—magkaharap silang nakaupo.

"You are acting like a crazy girlfriend, Karina," Winter muttered under her breath. Karina raised a brow. 

"I did not. I am simply doing what we have agreed on earlier." She defended herself. Winter tilted her head. 

"You know, your lips do taste like vanilla and mint. They're soft too," lumipat si Winter sa tabi ni Karina. She traced the older girl's lips with her thumb. She smiled to herself. If she could get addicted to something, it would probably be these lips.

"A-ang random mo," sabi ni Karina at tumingin kay Winter. Something inside them just clicked. Parang they have this understanding without really communicating. 

"But I do hope to kiss someone while the sun is setting. Habang nakasakay sa Ferris wheel, while we are at the top." Biglang tumigil ang pag-galawa ng ferris wheel. They're at the top.

"Pwede mo bang igrant ang wish ko, Yu?" Tanong ni Winter. Karina did not answer, instead, she put her right arm on Winter's waist and the other on the back of the younger's head. 

The two girls shared a passionate kiss with the setting sun. Ang label nila? Enemies pa rin. Enemies who love kissing each other.