fin 2.0

shut up

Karina stood proudly in front of the crowd. Who would have thought that she'll be standing on the same podium that she stood at on her graduation day? 

Itinaas niya ang sleeve ng suot nyang white button down shirt. She looked around and saw the same hopeful eyes that they had back then. 

"Is it okay if I sit here?" She pointed at the edge of the center stage. The students nodded their heads with big smiles. Even the professors. On the far corner of the stadium stands her second younger sister, Irene. She and Seulgi got married a few years back. 

She did not attend the wedding or the reception. But she was there. Of course, she was. 

Umupo siya sa sahig.

"I am not big with speeches. To be honest, I haven't really paid attention to my graduation's guest speaker." She paused and sighed. It has been 12 years. 

Sa 12 years na yun, mag-isa siya. She has no one but herself. She was heartbroken. 

"I'm 30 years old, but I look younger than my age, no?" She joked and looked around. Nakita niya si Tiffany. She has a baby now. With Taeyeon. Ang galing nga e. Naging Tita siya habang kumukuha ng licensure exam. 

"Rather than an inspirational speech, let me just tell you a story. Marites naman tayong lahat, hindi ba?" Tumawa ang mga graduating students. She cleared . Maybe, now is the time to finally let it all out. Tell the world her story. 

"I was 3 when I met the person who pushed me so hard that I have become this. Really. She is the sole reason why I did not give up this dream. We have been classmates since grade school. She actually has a twin sister." Nakita ni Karina na pumasok sila Chaewon at Minju na may hawak na dalawang bata. Twins. They adopted twins. Ninang ata si Karina, hindi nya pa rin sure.

"Between the two, I like the twin sister more. Because she's easy to get along with. Fast forward na nga. I met a group of good people. There's this time when Gregory — he was my father," she sighed. Imagine her terror when she stayed with Gregory and his new wife. 

Her stepmother is kind, but she was a cheater. A home wrecker. 

"He cheated on my mother, and my friends? They were there for me. Even my rival, she was there." She scrunched her nose. Sino ba naman kasing makakalimot na halos isang linggo nilang pinakain ang friends niya. 

"Now, as you are all aware, I am the youngest sister of the Headmistress. She is the reason on how the trajectory of my life changes direction. The rival that I believed I loathed, became the love of my life." Nakita ni Karina na pumasok sa stadium ang iba pa niyang kaibigan. Mga nagjowaan din naman. Maliban na lang kay Jaemin na in denial pa rin sa feelings nya para sa best friend niya. 

"We were happy. But in this same date, hindi lang high school ang natapos. Kami rin. Ang funny kasi malapit na yung anniversary namin tapos naghiwalay pa kami." She smiled sadly. That day was sad and depressing. But she does not regret any of her decisions. Pumikit si Karina. 

"Now, most of you might think, why did we break up?" The students nodded their heads eagerly. Too curious and invested in this story. Mga kabataan nga naman ngayon. 

"Ang cliche to be honest. It was us or me. Is it my dream or us? What do you all think? Raise your hand if you think love is more important." Most of the students raised their hands. 

"I chose myself, and she chose herself. It was an easy decision. We don't want to blame each other for the misery that we would be feeling. So in any situation, please choose yourself." She ended the speech with some more inspirational words. She sat on her respective seat and watched the students take pictures with each other.

"Ate, can I ask you a question?" Tanong ng isang babae. Hindi namalayan ni Karina na may lumapit pala sa kanya. 

"Sure. Fire away, kiddo." Sabi niya. 

"Where is she now?" Tanong ng bata. Napataas ang kilay ni Karina.

"Where is who?" She asked. 

"The girl. The love of your life." Karina chuckled. Tumayo siya at inakbayan ang bata pababa sa stage.

"She's at home right now." The kid's eyes sparkle in excitement.

"Nagkabalikan po kayo? How did that happen?" Karina hummed. How did that happen? 

"YU! BAKIT MO AKO INIWAN?! YOU IDIOT!" Tumakbo papalapit sakanila si Winter at binatukan si Karina. The latter winced in pain. She leaned down to peck the shorter girl's lips. 

"I miss you more, Misis ko." Karina smirked and hugged Winter.

"This is the woman that I have been talking about. My wife, Winter Kim-Yu." Sabi ni Karina nang may malawak na ngiti.

"Why did you leave me sa bahay?" Nakakunot ang noo na tanong ni Winter. Kanina pa niya tinatanong ang asawa niya pero hindi siya pinapansin. 

"You're sleeping soundly kasi. Napagod ba kita kagabi?" The taller girl asked while pouting. Piningot ni Winter ang tenga niya.

"You're really stupid, Karina. May bata dyan oh!" Umakbay si Karina kay Winter at tumingin sa student na nagtatanong sakanya kanina. 

"Anyway, diba naghiwalay kami noong graduation. Tapos nagpakasal kami after passing the licensure exams." Nakangiting sabi ni Karina. 

Mabilis lang naman ang break up nila. They did not have any means of communication, but as soon as they became licensed Medical Doctors, they decided to marry each other.

"You're telling the kids about our story again? Quota ka na sa practice ng storytelling para sa mga anak natin ha." 




[AYAN OK N YAN!!! MAGSTREAM AT VOTE KAU MGA BEH!!]