ten

shut up

"Oh, so ano nga score nyo? Nagliligawan ba kayo? O baka naman magjowa na kayo?" Ningning asked. Magkasama sila ni Karina sa Starbucks. Wala kasi silang review, and she decided to hangout with Ningning. 

"Ganun pa rin. Although I doubt we're going to get back to how we used to." Karina sipped on her coffee and looked around. Marami ring mga students na nakatambay. Puro may mga dalang laptop o libro. Sila lang ata ang dumayo pa sa Starbucks para lang magchismisan.

"Pero you know, you never really told me about why you two got to this setup. Like bakit ba kayo laging magkaaway?" Tanong ulit ni Ningning. As one of the newest addition to the group, she is unaware of the reason why the two are not on good terms. Parang nakakapagtaka lang kasi na close si Karina kay Chaewon, pero hindi sa kakambal nito. 

"There's really no story to tell, Ning. We all grew up together because of certain circumstances, and then Chaewon was the quiet one, so it is not hard to get closer to her than Winter. While Winter, she was a lot noisier. Wala syang ibang ginawa kung hindi ang mang-asar." Karina paused. She smiled gleefully while thinking back. She remembered their days in the park where they compete for the biggest sand castle. Good old times. 

"Bakit narinig ko ang pangalan ko?" Karina groaned internally. Why is she here? Can she have one day for herself?

"Alam mo, Winter, doon kayo ni Giselle sa pinakamalayong table." Tinuro ni Karina ang table sa pinakadulo ng cafe. Winter smirked and sat next to her. She even hugged her arm to taunt her.

"Huy! Bitaw! Ano bang nakain mo?" Naiinis na tanong ni Karina at itinulak ang ulo ni Winter na nakarest sa shoulder nya. 

"Sure ba kayo na magkaaway kayo? Mukha kayong magjowa na aso't pusa," sabi ni Giselle. Winter chuckled and shook her head. 

"Hindi ko naman type si Karina. Mas type ko si Somi," inapakan ni Karina nang madiin ang paa ni Winter. 

"Ouch! What the , Yu?" Winter glared at the older girl who innocently smiled at her. 

"I did not do anything, strawberry." Nagkatinginan sila Ningning at Giselle. Hindi sila updated na may pet names na pala ang dalawa. 

"Anong strwberry ka dyan?" Giselle asked. Karina shrugged and giggled.

"Secret muna namin, Gigi."

"Konti na lang talaga iisipin ko na may something talaga kayo." Sabi ni Ningning. 

"Bahala kayo. Uuwi na ako." Tumayo si Karina at naglakad papunta sa parking lot. Nandon na naman ang sundo nya. The chaffeur opened the door for her. Nakita nya si Irene sa loob na may hawak na mga papel.

"Teammates Agreement?" Tanong nya at ipinasa kay Karina ang papel. Karina snorted. Yung truce lang pala nila ni Winter ang binabasa ng Ate nya. 

"We agreed to be civil, Ate. Sayang din naman kung matatalo kami dahil sa pride namin, diba?" Sabi ni Karina. Irene nodded. 

"Have you read it though?" The younger of the two shook her head. She trusted Winter. Wala naman atang inilagay si Winter na hindi maganda.

"Nah, not really. Ano bang meron dito?" Irene hummed and laughed.

"Nakalagay kasi na kapag mas maarami syang naiambag, makikipagdate ka sakanya. Something like she'll be your first date and the worst one." Sabi ni Irene. Napakunot naman ang noo ni Karina. She had her first date. With Winter. Kahapon sa EK, they kissed for many times already. And it is the best, it being her first date. 

"And what if I win?" Tanong ni Karina.

"Then she'll concede her defeat and tell you how amazing you are," now, something inside her started burning. Isn't it what everyone wants? To be acknowledged by their rival. Not just any rival, it is Winter Kim. 

Karina might only want the validation of her rival.

"It is so on, Kim." Bulong ni Karina. Dumeretso sya sa kwarto nya pagkauwi para mag-aral. She did leave some details while talking to Ningning earlier. She left too many details that can change the entire trajectory of her life. 

Winter stared at the girl studying from across her room. Umuwi na rin sya a few minutes after the older girl left. 

Karina probably read the contract. However, Winter forgot to edit the part where she would take Karina out on her first date when she wins. 

They already had their first date. Parehas naman nilang inacknowledge na it is indeed their first date. Kahit si Winter ay naguguluuhan na sa relasyon nila ni Karina. 

She thought it'll be more okay if they are friends, but they are not. Enemies. That's what they are. She knew that. She was the first one to declare war. She read the book she is holding. Nagnanakaw rin sya ng tingin kay Karina. 

Ginabi na sila sa pag-aaral. Winter stood up and walked towards the veranda. The night is cold and dark. But Karina is still there, sitting on her chair, reading God knows what. Winter did not see her eat dinner. She might have pushed the older girl too far. She might have dared her too much. 

Winter looked up in the sky.

It is not that weird to feel a sudden worry about her nemesis, right?