fifteen

shut up

"That would be negative four!" Winter said. Nasa kwarto sila ni Karina habang nagrereview. Karina is sitting on her swivel chair while Winter is lying down on her bed. 

"Yep. That's correct," sabi ni Karina at ngumiti. Hindi nya alam kung bakit ngayon nya lang napansin na sobrang talino ni Winter. And it amazes her. She's attracted to this Winter. 

"You could have asked me hard questions, you know." Sabi ni Winter. It is nicer, with no sign of taunting or teasing. 

"Sure then. Do you want to sleep here? Beside me?" Napaupo sa kama si Winter. She looked at Karina curiously. She has never slept in this room. She has not slept beside Karina all their lives. 

"Huh, interesting." Winter mumbled. Ano ba ang mawawala sakanya kung makikitulog sya sa tabi ng taong gusto nya? Isn't this a win for her? 

"So?" Karina looked at her expectantly. Isn't it taking advantage though? She has feelings for the older girl.

"I would love to." Biglang sumimangot si Karina.

"But? I know there's a but, Winter. Say it," Karina asked sadly. Winter felt her heart tear into pieces. Did she make her love sad? She hopes not. 

"Fine, I'll sleep here!" She said. Karina giggled before standing up and skipping to her walk-in closet.

"You could wear my clothes." 

"I live across the street, Karina. I can come back later naman after dinner," the older girl's forehead creased. 

"No! Stay here lang. Wear my clothes, and use my bathroom. I don't want you to leave," she said and pouted. Winter melted at the sight. Why the hell did she choose to be this person's enemy when she could have seen this side if they are friends? 

"Bakit naman ayaw mo ako umalis?" Tumyo si  Winter at sumunod kay Karina. She hugged the taller girl on the back. She hummed. She could get used to this feeling, really. It's comfortable, almost feels like home. 

"Because," Karina looked at her. Kumalas siya sa yakap para humarap kay Winter. She hugged the younger girl and swayed their body. 

"Because what?" Winter asked and closed her eyes. Is this normal? Parang kahapon lang magkaaway sila.

"Because you're my friend," Karina whispered. 

Winter should take it as a win, right? That the love of her life sees her as a friend, and not as her nemesis. But why does it hurt more than it should be?

"You're friends with my twin, but I don't see her here." Sabi ni Winter at bumitaw sa lakad. She walked back to the bed and waited for Karina to finish looking for clothes that may fit her. 

"That's because she has a girlfriend." Winter hummed as she watched Karina's movements.

"How about Yeji or Lia? There's RJ and Chaeryeong too," maybe the shorter girl wanted to hear something. Maybe she is just curious. Everything is like a puzzle for Karina. 

"Nah. I rather have sleepovers with you than them," napangiti naman si Winter sa narinig.

"How am I different from them, Karina?" Karina walked to her and handed her a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt.

"Because you are you, Win. So, here, take my favorite sweater! Consider it as my first gift as friends," Karina said. They are grinning at each other from ear to ear. 

"Well then. Half bath lang ako and then we could review more if you'd like," sabi ni Winter. Karina shook her head.

"We'll watch Disney! Isn't it fun?" Winter nodded her head and walked to the bathroom. Lahat naman ata ng gawin nya basta kasama si Karina, masaya. And she is not afraid to admit that Karina is her source of happiness and inspiration, kahit noon. She is not hoping for Karina to feel the same. 

She's fine with what they have right now. Hindi ba ganoon naman ang simula ng enemies to lovers sa mga palabas at libro? Magiging friends muna sila bago maging lovers. Pero kung hindi naman papaladin na maging lovers sila, okay lang din. She should not ask for more. 

Dahil hindi nililimos ang pagmamahal. 

"Winter! Can you hurry up? Magdidinner na rin in a few," sigaw ni Karina mula sa labas. 

"Eto na nga! Give me five more minutes!" She yelled back. 

Napaka-domestic ng relationship nila. Nakakabakla. Parang magjowa sila na nakatira sa iisang bahay.

She looked at the mirror inside the bathroom. Suot na nya ang damit ni Karina. It smells like the older girl. Gusto na nya lang iuwi ang sweatshirt and maybe wear it whenever she misses Karina. 

Paglabas nya sa banyo, nakita nyang nakaupo sa gilid ng kama si Karina habang nagpphone.

"You look good in my clothes," the taller girl said, her face flushed. Winter blushed too.  Bakit ba nagbblush si Karina? Friends lang naman sila base sa sagot ni Karina kanina. For sure, magsasawa rin sa mukha nya si Karina.

"It's comfy, and it smells like you. Kung pwede nga, iuuwi ko na lang e," Winter whispered the last part, but Karina heard her just fine. The taller girl grinned.

"You can have it, you know. Marami pa rin naman ako sa closet." 

"Le-let's just eat!" Sigaw ni Winter at nauna ng maglakad palabas sa kwarto. Karina looked at her with a smirk. 

Someone, please remind her to pack more of her clothes for Winter. She loves seeing the younger wearing her clothes. It screams that Winter is not available for anyone.