three

shut up

"Baba," utos ni Winter at tinulak ang balikat ni Karina. But the older did not budge. Winter looked closely and saw that the older is sleeping. She sighed before asking the driver to park the car near the Yu Residence.

"Sunod na lang po ako sa loob, Manong. Hatid ko lang 'to sa loob." Sabi ni Winter. Inilagay nya muna sa may bag ni Karina ang lahat ng libro nito bago isakbit sa likod. She lifted the girl bridal style before ringing the doorbell. Binuksan naman ito ng pinakamatandang kapatid ni Karina. 

"Good evening po, Ate Tiff. Nakatulog po sa byahe," sabi ni Winter at tiningnan si Karina. The oldest of the three smiled. Pinatuloy nya si Winter at sinamahan sa kwarto ni Karina ang pinakabata.

"Salamat, Winter ha? Buti naisabay mo si Karina. May date kasi si Irene, tapos I just arrived lang din." Tiffany explained. She opened the door and helped the younger to put her baby sister in her bed.

"You're welcome po, Ate." Nakangiting sabi ni Winter. She looked around and saw the inside of Karina's room. It is full of medals and certificates. Photos with her family and friends. May picture pa nga sila ni Winter na nakadisplay. They were kinda forced to take the picture, but not really to display inside their rooms. Pero Karina displayed one, and so does Winter. Ilang beses na rin naman nakapasok si Winter sa kwarto ni Karina. 

This is not the first time that they got to go home together. Definitely not the first time Karina to fallen asleep inside the car. And not really the first time for Winter to lift the girl to her room. 

"Thank you ulit, Winter. Do you want to eat dinner with me? Kaluluto lang ng dinner." Winter wanted to decline, but she remembered that her twin sister, Chaewon, is not staying in that lonely house.

"Sure po, Ate Tiff. How about Karina?" She asked. Tiffany shook her head with a lopsided grin.

"Bukas pa yun magigising," tumango lang si Winter at sumunod sa nakakatanda. 

They sat at the long table.

"So? How's school?" Tiffany asked, her eyes smiling with her lips. Sa kanilang tatlo, she is the different one. She is much more cheerful than her sisters. And of course, Winter had a crush on the girl. Or she still does. 

"First po ako, pero one point lang naman po ang difference!" Sabi ni Winter at ngumiti. was full of the steak. Tiffany chuckled.

"Alam mo, we are proud sa mga achievements nyo. You drive each other to do well, minsan nga lang hindi na healthy." Naiiling na sabi ni Tiffany.

"Ate? Sino kausap mo?" They both turned to look at Karina. Halata na bagong gising lang ito. Her hair is dishieveld. Medyo crumpled din ang suot nyang uniform. But Winter still finds the taller girl attractive.

"Si Winter, baby. Nakatulog ka kasi sa byahe, kaya sya yung nagbuhat sayo papunta sa room mo." The maids prepared Karina's food. Napairap si Karina sa gawi ni Winter bago umupo sa tabi ng ate nya.

"Eh bakit dito mo pa yan pinakain?" Tiffany gasped dramatically. She put her right hand on her chest and shook her head.

"I didn't teach you to be that rude, Karina! Besides, wala syang kasabay kumain sa bahay  nila." Karina remained silent. She sighed before eating her food. 

"Uhm, mauna na po ako, Ate Tiff," pagpapaalam ni Winter at tumayo. Tiffany nudged her small sister.

"Hatid ka na ni Karina sa gate. Salamat ulit, Winter ha? You are always welcome here," Tiffany said. Tahimik na naglakad si Winter at Karina palabas sa bahay. 

"Pasok ka na. I can manage," sabi ni Winter. Karina raised her right eyebrow.

"Ihahatid kita sa gate. That's the least I can do." She said. 

"Sabagay. Ang bigat mo pa naman. Parang dalawang sako ng bigas," Winter smirked. Karina glared at the shorter girl before pushing her outside their gate.

"Shut up, Kim! Umuwi ka na nga!" She yelled. Padabog nyang sinara ang gate nila at pumasok sa loob ng bahay. Winter chuckled to herself before crossig the road and getting inside her house.

"Win?" Winter was taken aback when she saw her twin sister sitting on the couch. 

"Chae! Why did you come home?" She asked with a grin. She hugged her sister tightly.

"Parang gago, Winter! Magkasama lang tayo kanina sa school! Nauna ka lang umuwi e," ginulo ni Chaewon ang buhok ni Winter. 

"Eh akala ko hindi ka uuwi," she mumbled. Chaewon shrugged.

"Baka kasi malungkot ka na mag-isa. So, if you don't want to live with me, then I'll come to you," Chaewon said. They walked together, hand in hand, to their room.

"Do you think our team could do well?" Biglang tanong ni Winter. Chaewon shrugged.

"As long as you and Karina learned how to work together," Chaewon said. Winter wondered. What would it be like to collaborate with the Karina Yu? They are the smartest in the Academy, they are both aware of that. But they work separately, so what would happen if they work together? 

Before closing her eyes and sleeping, Winter suddenly remembered Karina's face.