I will Protect You

Fate (English Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day the PLAN GIRLS have been waiting for has arrived, today is the day of the national competition. They were waiting backstage, waiting for their names to be called. They can see the performers of other participants who are performing on the TV screen provided by the committee in the backstage.

“Wow they look really good…” Yujin muttered in amazement. Xiaoting who was sitting next to her held Yujin's hand.

"We will perform better than them." Xiaoting said reassuringly. Yujin nodded, smiling at her lover's words.

One by one their competitors appeared on the stage, until finally the committee asked them to prepare because their turn was coming soon. Not long after that their group name was called by the MC.

'This is it' Yujin thought a little nervous. Again her lover held her cold hand, Xiaoting whispered in Yujin's ear. “You can do it! We can do it! together .. " Xiaoting gave encouragement to her lover. Yujin nodded after rediscovering her confidence.

They were already standing on the stage.

The song titled Fate belonging to senior singer Lee Sun Hee was also played. The audience was surprised by the choice of song, but their surprise was replaced by an awe when the girls started their dance moves. The beautiful dance moves combined with their facial expressions can represent the message of the song.

When the show was over, they got a standing ovation from the judges and the audience, not a few of them burst into tears after watching their emotional perfomance.

Not long after that, it was time to announce the winners.

After the announcement of the third and runner-up winners, the girls started to feel nervous, because their names weren’t called for the third place and runner-up, there were only 2 possibilities, they either won or lost without bringing anything.

“And for this year's first place winner, it goes to…….”

“PLAN GIRLS!!!” cheers echoed in the theater where the competition was held.

The girls who have been practice hard for the past few months can't hide their feelings of happiness.

Yujin, who entered the competition for the first time, couldn't hold back her tears, she felt happy for her first win. 'And the last one...' Yujin thought immediately remembering her father's warning, but she didn't let the sadness last long, she was happy for her and her friends' success, Yujin immediately turned her head to her right side, where Xiaoting was, "Congratulations..." Yujin said while smiling at Xiaoting. "Congrat to you too.. Thank you for helping us.." Xiaoting replied with a smile.

 

***

“Cheersss….”

They decide to celebrate their victory at their favorite night club. They planned to spend their evenings to get drunk, they didn't care, because today they would pay for their hard work by having fun. Yujin, who was in charge of taking her friends home, certainly couldn't drink, but she was already amused by the crazy behavior of her drunken friends. Oh well, next to her is Yurina, who is also in charge of taking the other friends home, also doesn't drink.

"I'm sorry, my friends are always like this every time they win a competition." Yurina said to Yujin.

“It's Okay,, they deserve it, after all they've been working hard for the past few months….” Yujin replied while looking at her friends who had already started heading to the dance floor.

"I see now eonnie is getting close to Xiaoting?" Yurina asked suddenly.

"Ahh, yeah, maybe it's because Xiaoting has been teaching me to dance privately all this time." Reply Yujin

"Has Xiaoting ever told you about me?" Yujin didn't know what to answer to Yurina's question.

"Ahhh..." Yujin couldn't answer.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked like that." Yurina said "Even if she told you, how could eonnie tell me." Yurina continued. Yujin smiled awkwardly.

Yurina then sighed. "I'm starting to think my decision was wrong..."

Yujin didn't understand what Yurina meant. She chose to remain silent and focus on listening to her interlocutor.

"At that time I thought that choosing Viviane was the right choice, that way I could continue to be friends with Xiaoting, but since then we haven't been the same anymore. Like something is missing…” Yurina continued.

“What about your relationship with Viviane now?” Yujin asked curiously.

"I don't know, since we started dating, we've been fighting a lot, we haven't had a break up yet, but we haven't communicated in a long time since Viviane visited her parents in Japan. I don't even know when she'll be back." Yurina sighed again. "I don't even know if I want her back." Yurina continued, then she raised her head to look from a distance at the girl who was dancing with her other friends, Xiaoting.

Watching all of this made Yujin feel uneasy, she felt insecure, did Yurina just realize that she loves Xiaoting? If Xiaoting found out would she leave Yujin and run to Yurina? the girl she loved for 2 years since she came to korea. When compared to her who had only known Xiaoting for less than a year, it seemed that she would lose badly. But Xiaoting always said that now she loved her. Yujin's mind was completely muddled, she closed her eyes to dispel negative thoughts from her head.

"Yujin Eonnie..." Yujin then opened her eyes at Yurina's call.

"It seems that Cai Bing Eonnie likes you..." Yurina said with a smile. Yujin was surprised to hear that, because she didn't feel there was anything special about Cai Bing's treatment to her, Yujin chose not to bother.

"Looks like you're wrong, Cai Bing is just trying to be a good friend." Yujin replied. Yurina just smiled hearing that, not wanting to make Yujin uncomfortable with this conversation.

They then chatted casually while waiting for their other friends to return. Yujin tried to bury her uncomfortable feelings.

It was getting late, the girls who had been busy dancing had returned to their table. Yujin saw that her girlfriend was drunk, when she was about to go over to Xiaoting to take her home, suddenly Yurina was ahead of her.

"Ting, let's go home, you can't drink anymore." Yurina said, Xiaoting who had started to lose consciousness just followed what Yurina said. Seeing that, Yujin just stood still, wanting to pull Xiaoting over and ask her to come with her, but that would only raise questions from her friends, after all this was her idea to hide their relationship.

“Looks like I'll be bringing Xiaoting, Youngeun, and Hikaru, they're all in the same direction as me. Is it okay for eonnie to bring another one?" Yurina asked.

"No problem, then let's go, I will ask the guards here to help us get them to the car." Reply Yujin

With the help of some Club guards they finally managed to get all their friends to their car.

Yujin, who was already in the car, glanced at the car next to her, and saw Xiaoting sleeping in the passenger seat beside Yurina.

"Eonnie I go first, eonnie be careful." Yurina shouted from her car.

" be careful too .." Yujin replied.

Yujin then looked at Yurina's car which had started to leave the parking lot with a sad face.

“Yujin…” Called Cai Bing who was sitting next to her, her voice hoarse. "Is there water?"

Yujin immediately gave the mineral water beside her. Cai Bing immediately gulped down the mineral water that Yujin had given her.

"Thank you," said Cai Bing. "I'm not too drunk so I can accompany you to drive, sorry for bothering you." Cai Bing continued.

"It's okay.. I did intend to take you all." Yujin replied with a smile. "If you're really sleepy, just sleep, I'm fine."

“Well, I won't let you drive alone while we're sleeping. You can take Mashiro, May and Dayeon first, I'll be the last one because our house isn't too far away." Cai Bing's suggestion.

"That's right, thanks Cai Bing, I thought I needed someone to chat with so I wouldn't fall asleep." Yujin immediately started the car engine.

Yujin was grateful that Cai Bing accompanied her to chat along the way, at least it could distract her from all kinds of her nasty thoughts.

 

***

Yujin was focusing on her book when her phone vibrated.

'What time did you get home yesterday?'

Messages from her girlfriend appeared on the cellphone screen, Yujin deliberately didn't open her chat application, she didn't want to interact with her girlfriend, for some reason, even though she knew her lover wasn't wrong, she was just drunk. But the feeling of insecurity from her conversation with Yurina last night made her like this.

Yujin returned to her book and refocused on studying. Not long after she was immersed in her book, her cell phone rang.

There was an incoming call from Xiaoting, she hesitated whether to pick up her cellphone, after thinking for a moment she decided to pick up the call from her lover.

"Hello..." Yujin replied

"Why is my message not being replied?" Xiaoting asked matter-of-factly.

"I didn't know you were texting, I was focused on studying." Yujin lying.

"I asked in the chat, what time did you come home yesterday?" Xiaoting asked again.

"I didn't look at the clock, when I got home I immediately took a shower and went to sleep." Yujin answered this time honestly, last night she didn't pay attention to the clock.

“Maybe it's because you're too busy chatting with Cai Bing huh? So you didn’t know the time." Yujin was shocked to hear her lover's words.

"What do you mean? ' Yujin asked a little emotional.

"I heard from the others that along the way you guys were having fun chatting even Cai Bing was the last person you take home." Xiaoting said. Xiaoting couldn't contain her emotions when she read the group chat, May who was in the same car with Cai Bing, teasing Cai Bing who she assumed was trying to approach Yujin last night, her emotions rose when all her friends in the group chat supports Cai Bing to continue to approach her lover.

"So? Cai Bing and I are really friends, what's wrong with having a chat? and Cai Bing's house and mine are close together so I'll take her last." Yujin replied in a slightly harsh tone.

Hearing her girlfriend's tone shocked Xiaoting, she began to feel guilty, because what Yujin said was true, her lover was not wrong.

"I'm sorry, maybe I should find some relief soup, my head is still a little dizzy from yesterday."

"That's because yesterday you drank a lot .. " Yujin replied , still annoyed

“I don't drink often, and I thought it wouldn't be a problem since I thought my girlfriend would take me home…” Xiaoting said with a pout.

"I wanted to take you home, but your best friend was ahead of me..." Yujin defended.

"You're my girlfriend, you shouldn't have let me go, you even escorted someone else who wasn't your girlfriend..." Xiaoting said not wanting to lose.

“Xiaoting, they don't know we're dating…”

"Then whose fault is it?" Xiaoting cut off Yujin's words.

Yujin immediately fell silent hearing Xiaoting's words. Xiaoting who immediately realized immediately felt guilty.

“Honey… Yujiniee… I'm sorry…” Xiaoting said guiltily.

"No.. No.. Im sorry.." Yujin replied.

They were both silent for a moment.

“Maybe we should rethink this relationship?” Yujin said breaking the silence.

"No, please. I'm sorry, I was emotional, I chose a relationship like this, I've already said, I'd rather the world not know our relationship than losing you, Yujinie .. " Xiaoting said reassuring Yujin.

“Please… I love you…” Xiaoting said still trying.

"Okay.." Yujin replied.

"Okay? Just Ok? I said "I love you", why didn't you reply?" Xiaoting said as she pursed her lips.

“You are not so lovable right now” Yujin replied.

"Okay, I deserve it.. hmm, I don't want to fight on the phone, how  if we meet tonight?" Xiaoting persuaded.

"If the purpose is to fight, we don't have to  meet." Yujin replied.

"Then let's not fight! we meet, chat, hugs, kisses, anything but fight…” Xiaoting replied excitedly. Yujin smiled at her girlfriend's words.

"But I can't tonight, my parents invited u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter