If You're Not the One

Fate (English Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oppa you really have to be careful .. " Yujin said when her fiancé just entered her room.

"Whoa, what's wrong? Why all of a sudden?” Minhyuk then sat on the chair in front of Yujin's desk.

"I saw you kissing a woman yesterday, my friend saw it too, you put me in an awkward position .." Yujin replied.

"Ahh.. is that so? I'm sorry, yesterday was a little out of my control..."

"You know the consequences if our parents and family see it? and who else is she? why do you change women so often? You should consider checking your health if your lifestyle continues like that, I'm afraid you'll catch some strange diseases..” Yujin lectured her fiancé.

"Why so rude? I always make sure everything is safe, okay I will check my health every month, satisfied?” Minyuk asked.

Yujin just shook her head.

"Maybe you want to try it with me, I make sure we do it safely .." Minhyuk said while raising his eyebrows.

A book landed on his head.

"Oww.. calm down baby, I'm just kidding .." Minhyuk said while rubbing his forehead.

"Not funny, oppa! Talk like that again, I will throw this glass at your head!” Yujin threatened.

“Ok.. Ok.. Oh My God, it's been years since I've known you, I just found out you're this rude, tsk tsk ..” Minhyuk teased.

Yujin just shrugged her shoulders.

“Yujin, who is that friend with you?” Minhyuk asked.

"Shen Xiaoting" Yujin replied curtly.

"What? The Shen Xiaoting? You two became close immediately after meeting at Mrs. Wellington’s party?" Minhyuk asked curiously.

"Oppa, Shen Xiaoting is the ex that I told you about..." Yujin replied.

"Whaaat? You and Shen Xiaoting ever dated? Two Gorgeous women in a relationship? It's not fair!” Minhyuk said.

“You're overreacting, and don't tell anyone about this! " Yujin replied.

"I've kept a lot of your secrets, although none of this big, hmm I can get a lot of money from those journalists for big news like this.” Minhyuk said while holding his chin.

“Oppa, you really want to feel this glass land on your head?” Threatened Yujin again while raising the glass in front of her.

Minhyuk then raised his hand. "Sis, I'm kidding, now put the glass down, okay?"

Yujin put down the glass.

"Phew, I can't imagine what our child would be like if we had a mother like you." Minhyuk said.

"Oppa, I hope you're not serious.." Yujin was surprised by Minhyuk's words earlier, she thought they agreed not to do anything after marriage.

“Yujin, won't it be easy for us if we do it like other people?” Minhyuk said.

"Oppa, we have agreement, tha’s way I agree to marry you." fear then arose in Yujin's heart, will what Tiffany said come true?

“Yujin, can we…… ” Minhyuk couldn't continue his words anymore.

He was silent for a moment.

“I'm sorry, what was I thinking…” Minhyuk said.

“Oppa, I'm sorry, do you want to cancel it? I don't want to hold you back from being with the person you love..” Now Yujin changed her tone to a softer one.

Minhyuk quickly shook his head.

"I've talked to my parents, it seems that even my parents can't cancel our marriage, they are afraid of your parents."

Hearing that Yujin feel guilty towards her friend.

"I'm sorry, Oppa.." She said as she lowered her head.

Minhyuk then grabbed Yujin's hand.

"It's okay, Yujin. We'll go through it together..” Minhyuk looked at Yujin's eyes deeply, Yujin didn't understand what Minhyuk's gaze meant, she reflexively let go of her hand from Minhyuk's grip. Yujin could see the sadness in her fiancé's eyes.

Minhyuk then smiled, trying to return to her cheerful self.

"Oh well, I'm here because my parents invited you to have dinner with us for Christmas Eve tonight .. " Minhyuk said enthusiastically.

Yujin nodded her head.

"Ok, then I'll pick you up at 7 pm, later someone will deliver a dress for you, my mother ordered it directly from Paris, she was very enthusiastic to see you wear it .. " Minhyuk continued again.

Yujin suddenly felt a heavy weight on her back. She nodded her head again.

"Then I'll go first.." Minyuk got up from his chair, he then approached Yujin's chair, he rubbed the top of his fiance's head.

"I'm sorry .. " then Minhyuk left Yujin's room.

“Why is it getting more complicated now?” Yujin said while massaging her forehead with both hands.

 

***

Unlike her family dinner. Minhyuk's family dinner was much warmer. Minhyuk and his brother were free to joke around at the dinner table and even their parents occasionally joined them. Yujin has known Minhyuk's parents for a long time, so she is no longer awkward when she has to spend time with them like she is now.

"Yujin, you are very beautiful in that dress.." Praise Mrs. Lee

"Thank you, auntie. It's thanks to you who chose this beautiful dress…” Yujin replied, not forgetting to praise her future mother-in-law.

"But still, what makes the dress more beautiful is because you are wearing it.." Mrs. Lee continued.

Yujin just replied with a smile.

"I can't wait of the time you're officially be part of our family." Mr. Lee also commented. Mrs. Lee nodded in agreement.

"You are so smart, beautiful, and kind.. Maybe the only best life choice Minhyuk has ever made.." Added Mrs. Lee.

"Eommaa..." Minhyuk protested.

"Hyung, if you hurt Yujin Noona, I'll take her from you.." Now his brother also commented.

“ you are still a kid, Donghyuk!” Now Minhyuk's protest is directed at his brother.

Mr and Mrs. Lee laughed at the sight of his two children.

Hearing the Lee family's conversation made Yujin's feelings mixed with confusion, on the other hand she could feel the warmth with them, her life would be easier if she became part of the Lee family, but on the other hand, she felt burdened because she would not be able to be the perfect daughter-in-law for them  them, she could not give her heart to their son.

“Yujin, how was the food?” Mrs. Lee woke her from her daydream.

“It's perfect, auntie..” Yujin's answer made Mrs.Lee’smile is getting wider.

They  continued their dinner and still interspersed by warm chat.

The night was getting late, Yujin asked Minhyuk to take him home.

"Aren't you going to just stay?" asked Mrs. Lee. "Since you're already engaged, it shouldn't matter if you sleep in Minhyuk's room.." Mrs. Lee continued with a meaningful look.

"I can't auntie, I have something to do realted to work .." Yujin lied.

"Tskckck, that father of yours should give you some leeway, who's working on Christmas Eve?" said Mrs. Lee.

Yujin just smiled hearing that.

"Okay, Minhyuk, please drive carefully, okay?" said Mrs. Lee  to her son "And Merry Christmas, dear.." She then approached and hugged Yujin.

"Merry Christmas, auntie.." Yujin replied.

***

"Thank you, Oppa.." Yujin said as she was about to open the car door.

"Yujin, wait.." Minhyuk restrained Yujin.

"Yes Oppa?"

"I'm sorry about earlier, I was afraid you were uncomfortable earlier, my parents didn't know so they were over excited like that..." Minhyuk said.

"It's okay, Oppa, like you said, they don't know.." Yujin replied.

"Well then I'll go home, and you too need to rest, I know you don't have work anymore .." Minhyuk said.

"Hahaha, I'm sorry I had to lie in front of your mother, it would be very awkward if I had to sleep in your room..." Yujin replied.

“Yujin…” Minhyuk suddenly made a facial expression that he never showed in front of Yujin.

Yujin waited for what Minhyuk would say.

"Ahh forget it, you need to rest .." Minhyuk said. Yujin just nodded confused at her friend's behavior.

"Bye, Oppa.."

"Bye, Jinnie.."

Yujin then walked slowly towards her apartment, now her mind was fill with many thoughts, she hoped that what she was thinking didn't happen, she considered Minhyuk as an older brother she never had. If this thought proves to be true she can't imagine what her future marriage will be, she can't give her heart to Minhyuk, she has already given her heart to someone and that person hasn't returned it yet.

“Yujin…” Someone said.

"Oh my..”.

“Hahaha.. you really should reduce your daydreaming habit. Tskckck never changes…” said Xiaoting who came from nowhere.

“Xiaoting? Shouldn't you have flown earlier this morning?" Yujin asked.

"I still have work here.." replied Xiaoting lying.

"Oh, I see.." replied Yujin briefly.

"Merry Christmas.." said Xiaoting

“You came here just to say that?” Yujin asked. Xiaoting nodded.

"I've been waiting for you, I tried to call you, but it looks like your cellphone is dead..." Xiaoting said as she pursed her lips.

Yujin immediately her cellphone, she deliberately turned off her cellphone because she felt bad if her cellphone rang when she was having dinner with the Lee family.

“3 hours ago Xiaoting? You were here since 3 hours ago?” Yujin asked surprised to see the notification on her cellphone. Xiaoting nodded again.

“It's so cold outside, I can't feel my hands…” Xiaoting said exaggerating a bit.

"Then why are you so stupid, why wait for me?" Yujin is now starting to worry.

"Come on in, you have to warm up.." Yujin then grabbed Xiaoting's hand, leading her into her apartment.

Xiaoting smiled, her plan worked.

***

"You shouldn't add sugar to this chocolate, it tastes too sweet..." Xiaoting commented after drinking Yujin's hot chocolate.

"You just drink, don't protest too much, the important thing is that your body is warmer.." Said Yujin who is now busy cleaning up the living room of her apartment.

“When was the last time you cleaned up your apartment? What a mess..” Xiaoting commented again.

“Gosh Xiaoting, what did you eat today? very talkative…” Yujin replied.

Xiaoting didn't reply to her ex-lover's question, instead she just lay down on Yujin's sofa.

"Are you going to sleep here?" Yujin asked when she saw Xiaoting had started to close her eyes.

"Hmmm.." Xiaoting replied briefly.

"You haven't even asked me, did I allow it?"

"I knew you would allow it, you wouldn't have the heart to let me go home so late..." Xiaoting replied with her eyes still closed. Xiaoting was right, Yujin wouldn't let Xiaoting go home even if Xiaoting herself who asked.

"You sleep in my cousin's room, she's coming home to her parents in Florida." Yujin's suggestion.

"I just want to stay here, it's comfortable here." Xiaoting replied.

"Okay, if that's what you want, I'll get a change of clothes for you, okay?" Yujin went straight to her room.

Yujin, who had already changed into her pajamas, returned to the living room, she found Xiaoting focusing on watching TV.

"You're not going to sleep?" Yujin asked.

“I don't get sleepy and wonder why are we sleeping on Christmas Eve? “ Xiaoting replied.

Yujin could only shake her head.

"What are you watching? ' Yujin asked again.

“Home alone, what else? Hahaha…” Xiaoting replied with a laugh. Yujin shook her head again.

"Change first.." Yujin then handed her clothes to Xiaoting. Xiaoting then took the pajamas in Yujin's hand.

"don’t change the channel.." Xiaoting said before entering the bathroom. Yujin doesn't know how many times she had to shake her head.

Yujin then sat down and continued the movie. She then laughed because of one of the scenes on television. "This movie is never boring even if watched repeatedly .." she whispered.

Yujin was late enjoying a movie when she felt an added pressure on the sofa she was sitting on.

"You watched it too?" Xiaoting asked.

"Hmm… it's a ritual every Christmas." Yujin replied. Xiaoting nodded in agreement.

They continued watching, sharing laughter with each other when there was a scene they thought was funny, exchanging comments with each other. 'Like old times' Xiaoting thought.

“Yujin…” Xiaoting called in the middle of the movie.

"Hmm..." Yujin replied.

"Where were you from?" Xiaoting asked.

“Dinner with Minhyuk's Family” Yujin replied, her eyes still focused on the TV.

“Ohh…” Xiaoting replied. How she wanted to be in Minhyuk's position now, to be able to have dinner with her family and the woman she loves on a special day.

Xiaoting knows the road will not be smooth to get Yujin's heart back, but she is determined, She will try her best until Yujin can say those "3 words" to her again. Wherever fate would take her, she wanted no more regrets.

"Have you talked to him about what you saw that time?" Xiaoting asked again.

Yujin nodded.

"Minhyuk is just drunk, he doesn't know what he's doing" Yujin replied.

Xiaoting shook her head, she was really frustrated with her ex, what was going on in her head? Why did she think it was normal?

"Yujin..."

“I don't want to talk about it…” Yujin immediately cut off whatever Xiaoting wanted to say.

Xiaoting could only sigh.

They continued to watch the movie until it was finished.

***

Yujin was the first to open her eyes. 'Is it noon?' she thought. Shee and Xiaoting seemed to have fallen asleep on the sofa while they were watching their third movie, the sofa was spacious enough for the two of them. She immediately remembered her ex, Yujin then turned around and saw that her ex-lover was still asleep, 'her face looks peaceful,' Yujin thought.

Yujin is very aware that what she is doing is really dangerous for her heart. She had to wear a very strong shield to protect herself otherwise Xiaoting would easily break her defenses. The incident 6 years ago really left a deep trauma on her, the pain was so deep it left a big hole in her heart, she may have forgiven Xiaoting, but it didn't make the hole in her heart close by itself. Her love for Xiaoting is so great that it is what makes her like this, she doesn't want to experience that again . If she had to get shurt again because of the same person, Yujin wasn't sure this time she would recover.

"Hey.." because she was too absorbed in her thoughts, Yujin didn't realize Xiaoting had woken up from earlier, watching her.

"Hey.." Yujin replied.

Xiaoting smiled, she really missed Yujin's bare face, Yujin's bare face is her favorite, her ex is the most beautiful without make up like now. In the past, when they were together, Xiaoting would immediately grab Yujin's face and kiss Yujin's face continuously even though her ex protested, she would continue to kiss her ex's face. she missed that moment, her determination to restore the relationship between the two of them as before was getting stronger.

"What's the time now?" She asked Yujin.

Yujin then reached for her cellphone on the table. "11.30 .. it's already noon ..." She answered.

"I'm hungry.." Xiaoting said suddenly.

"We'll just order delivery, okay?" Yujin suggested.

"Well, I'll cook.." Xiaoting then went to Yujin's kitchen.

Yujin followed her ex into the kitchen.

“Seriously? You don't realize your fridge is empty?" Xiaoting asked, she immediately looked at the kitchen cabinet. “Yujin, what is this? Your cabinet only contains instant noodles?" Xiaoting said , now her eyes were looking at Yujin's eyes with a judgmental look.

Yujin smiled shyly, she and Hiyyih were not the kitchen girl type, they often ordered food from outside.

"Hehe.. so delivery?" Yujin asked. Xiaoting nodded weakly.

“Korean food or Chinese food?” Yujin asked again.

"Chinese food, pleaseee.." Xiaoting replied

“Okay…”

***

“Come on, this is going to be fun!!” Xiaoting said trying to pull Yujin's hand, who was adamant that she didn't want to accompany her to ice skating.

"Just go, I'm waiting on the side .. " Yujin answered still with her stance.

“It's no fun being alone, please.” Xiaoting now put on a pleading expression.

"Nah ah, it's too cold and too crowded .." Yujin said, Because today is Christmas, Bryant Park, which is a favorite place for New Yorkers to ice skating, became very crowded.

“Precisely because we only get this atmosphere once a year, we should join  the fun…” Xiaoting was still trying to persuade her ex.

"I don't want to, after all, the agreement is that I'm only your tour guide for a week, thinking about it why I have to accompany you .. " Yujin replied.

“The agreement was extended as long as I'm here…” Xiaoting said.

"Says who?" Ask Yujin

"Me.." Xiaoting replied. “You have the heart to leav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter